To be like Oprah or stay at home?

PlutorisingLee

They say follow the north node away from the comfort zone of SN.
In my case I find myself conflicted about the true path compared to other inclinations.

I have a Capricorn ND (achieving, career, self sufficiency, ambition) BUT in the 4th house.

It is in 1 degree of Capricorn and trine Jupiter in Virgo 12H.

I would really appreciate any ideas on this path and what that can mean or possible sources of inspiration for it.

PlutorisingLee

Please post your chart-- and just make sure the planets' degrees are easy to read.
Sorry, my computer doesn't work so I hope this link does:

Attachments

• My Chart.jpg
    My Chart.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

waybread

The 4th house has a couple of different meanings.

Your childhood conditioning. What your home life was like, growing up.

Your parents. Traditional astrology says the father; modern astrology, the mother. See which works best for you.

Your present home

More broadly, "home" in the sense of homeland, patrimony, real estate.

The signs all have a different relationship to time, and Capricorn looks to the past and to history. You might have (or develop) an interest in your family history (genealogy.)

So your personal growth, symbolized by the moon's north node, is likely to lie in one of these areas.

Oftentimes, if people had a difficult childhood or dysfunctional parents, the NN in this house symbolizes coming to terms with them. This doesn't mean condoning bad behavior by a parent, but letting go of the past so that it doesn't ruin one's life now.

PlutorisingLee

The 4th house has a couple of different meanings.

Your childhood conditioning. What your home life was like, growing up.

Your parents. Traditional astrology says the father; modern astrology, the mother. See which works best for you.

Your present home

More broadly, "home" in the sense of homeland, patrimony, real estate.

The signs all have a different relationship to time, and Capricorn looks to the past and to history. You might have (or develop) an interest in your family history (genealogy.)

So your personal growth, symbolized by the moon's north node, is likely to lie in one of these areas.

Oftentimes, if people had a difficult childhood or dysfunctional parents, the NN in this house symbolizes coming to terms with them. This doesn't mean condoning bad behavior by a parent, but letting go of the past so that it doesn't ruin one's life now.
That is a very fresh perspective waybread. I didn't think about it in those terms before. Letting go of a lot of what you said fits with my journey.

But the very phrase of letting go isn't it what we are meant to do with our South Node? Aren't we meant to go towards our ND?

I understand there is no one school of thought on this topic but generally people suggest to stay away from the comfort of SN (mine is in cancer=being stuck too much in the past and needing family like a child?).

What can this mean for career and where to focus my energies?

Osamenor

Staff member
Focus your energies where you feel drawn to focus them. Life has a way of bringing you your north node, whether you ask it to or not. And your north node doesn't exclude the rest of your chart.

When I see a south node in H10/north node in H4 chart, the first thing that comes to my mind is a past life (either earlier in this life or in the sense of reincarnation, or ancestral past) of being highly visible, that possibly excluded deep self development and personal roots. You might have been very well known in your community, or even outright famous. South node in Cancer suggests a past of belonging to a prominent family (Cancer = family) and being highly visible for that.

South node ruler in the second house adds another detail: this prominent family is very concerned about security, probably about financial security. Maybe they're insecurely rich. Maybe they're not so rich, but trying desperately to hold onto their status in the community. Secretive Scorpio suggests deeply held family secrets, taboos, and since it's a combination of Scorpio and second house, it looks like issues around inheritance, power, control, things like that. Especially power and control issues related to money.

If you in fact come from a family like that in this life--or even a little like that--it's the right story. If not, play with the indications some more. Think of all possible meanings of Scorpio, second house, Cancer, and tenth house, and how they might describe your life.

Cancer south node tends to indicate very deeply held familial patterns. In that context, a Capricorn north node is about developing your own person, independently of that, and the discernment to get rid of the familial expectations and assumptions that don't serve you, without chucking out the ones that actually do. Put it in the fourth house, and there are some suggestions for how.

This might mean creating a chosen family and aligning yourself more with them than with your family of origin. It might mean focusing on your own personal goals and interests, whatever they are, privately, without concern about what those goals and interests will do for your public image or even necessarily for your career. (If you do develop a career out of those personal goals and interests, the important thing is that it's authentically yours, not just a way to meet your family's or anyone else's expectations.) That might mean buying or building or otherwise creating a home of your own.

Above all, Capricorn demands authenticity. If anything about the way you currently live, or previously have lived, is inauthentic, this north node of yours demands that you shift to being authentic.

Last edited:

waybread

For some people with a difficult childhood home life, the bad things they experienced run their adult emotions and lives. They won't forgive and they can't forget. For such people their personal growth may come through learning that they are not being asked to condone what happened, but they don't have to let it run and ruin their lives today.

This may not be your situation. As I indicated, there are other possibilities that may resonate more with you.