Synastry with my Professor

chasama

I feel strongly about him, and probably he is quite attached to me too. Somehow, for some weird reason, I feel it is fated for us to meet.

He recently told me that he "really likes me, to do my best and finish my thesis quickly, and to stay in touch FOREVER".

I hope you can give me some opinions about our synastry.

chart1.png

chart2.png

Thanks!

BlackLioness87

Hi chasama, I have some questions... are you the inner wheel? are you a female?

I'll suggest you to add asteroids:
Anteros 1943
casanova 7329
nymphe 875
hebe 6
as well as
balbastre 12895 (to check if it's just horniness)

and to remove Juno (since you didn't ask if you both will get married?)

If astro.com says there are many additional objects in your chart I'll suggest to remove Aphrodite also (I don't find it prominent in your case)

Are you sure about your professor's birthday? What about birth hour?

Last edited:

chasama

Hi chasama, I have some questions... are you the inner wheel? are you a female?

I'll suggest you to add asteroids:
Anteros 1943
casanova 7329
nymphe 875
hebe 6
as well as
balbastre 12895 (to check if it's just horniness)

and to remove Juno (since you didn't ask if you both will get married?)

If astro.com says there are many additional objects in your chart I'll suggest to remove Aphrodite also (I don't find it prominent in your case)

Are you sure about your professor's birthday? What about birth hour?

Hi BlackLioness87! Thank you for the reply! I added here the asteroids you asked.

Yes. I'm the inner wheel - blue and I'm female.

I'm absolutely sure about his birthday.
The birthtime... probably within an hour maybe.

chart3.png

chart4.png

BlackLioness87

Oops, I gave you wrong asteroid number for casanova (7328), but it doesn't matter...

I'll try to highlight some of your synastry aspects:

Your mars in gemini trines his venus in Libra, shows a strong attraction between you both. You may also know how to push each others buttons since your loving natures are in harmony, both are in air signs (btw it would have been better if your venus aspected his mars).

Your uranus square his venus points an unexpected and non traditional relationship with many break ups and come backs included.

Both of you have eros in gemini, both seem to be very curious about sex, so you'll fortunately feel comfortable with each others behavior regarding sex.

Asteroid Hebe relates with intergenerational relationships and with domestic service (Hebe was the cupbearer of Greek gods). Since your Hebe sextiles his venus and his Hebe trines your mars, we definitely have to read the asteroid sexual connotation. Your professor Hebe is two degrees away from your vertex showing he appears as a probable candidate for an intergenerational love relationship. An exact conjunct to your vertex may indicate a fated relationship, however being his Hebe in exact conjunction with your BML, there's a great possibility of an affair.

Your neptune in conjunction with his "ballbastre" shows your imagination running wild because of his sweet/nasty talking :p

His amor very close to your moon and your lust conjunct his moon is also remarkable, you really want him to feel something, you want to caught his emotional side. I don't know what to say about Amor conjunct moon, amor is unconditional love and interpretations just say moon person will love the amor person and amor person will show pure love to the moon person. But it depends if you man's amor is strongly placed in his chart. If he is already kind with you we can expect this insight to be truth.

Your anteros loosely opposes his venus... something isn't right... as hebe, your professor Venus is close to your vertex, and many of your planets aspect his venus. Does his feminine side attracts you? I see his venus opposing your venus-amor-anteros conjunction, you definitely love and appreciate beauty in opposing ways, this difference may also pull both of you. You definitely want a relationship where one gives and receives love in a fair manner, however it seems there may be moments when he just won't feel like reciprocating your love. Maybe due to his career, his age, I don't know...

I hope this helps you clear things a little bit. Best regards.

waybread

I hope you (and more importantly, he) are aware of university policy about romantic or sexual relationships between faculty and students. There's no problem if you're not in any of his classes, or if he isn't your supervisor, but otherwise I would be super careful until you graduate. Also, it's very common for students to develop a crush on a professor, and for an unscrupulous professor (and I'm not saying he is) to take advantage of female students.

I say this partly as a standard precaution about any academic romances, but also because with this man's Venus, Mars, Pluto, and sun conjunction he probably derives a sense of power (Mars, Pluto) from romantic encounters (Venus.) Planets conjunct the sun indicate what the person identifies with (sun=identity.) With his independent moon-Chiron opposite Uranus, he may have difficulty in staying faithful. Uranus rules change and the moon gives one's emotional nature.

Synastry can show if people are compatible, but then we also need to look at whether or how people are relationship material independently of the relationship.

However, with your vertex conjunct his Libra stellium, I have no doubt that you feel this is a fated encounter.

Last edited:

chasama

Oops, I gave you wrong asteroid number for casanova (7328), but it doesn't matter...

I'll try to highlight some of your synastry aspects:

Your mars in gemini trines his venus in Libra, shows a strong attraction between you both. You may also know how to push each others buttons since your loving natures are in harmony, both are in air signs (btw it would have been better if your venus aspected his mars).

Your uranus square his venus points an unexpected and non traditional relationship with many break ups and come backs included.

Both of you have eros in gemini, both seem to be very curious about sex, so you'll fortunately feel comfortable with each others behavior regarding sex.

Asteroid Hebe relates with intergenerational relationships and with domestic service (Hebe was the cupbearer of Greek gods). Since your Hebe sextiles his venus and his Hebe trines your mars, we definitely have to read the asteroid sexual connotation. Your professor Hebe is two degrees away from your vertex showing he appears as a probable candidate for an intergenerational love relationship. An exact conjunct to your vertex may indicate a fated relationship, however being his Hebe in exact conjunction with your BML, there's a great possibility of an affair.

Your neptune in conjunction with his "ballbastre" shows your imagination running wild because of his sweet/nasty talking :p

His amor very close to your moon and your lust conjunct his moon is also remarkable, you really want him to feel something, you want to caught his emotional side. I don't know what to say about Amor conjunct moon, amor is unconditional love and interpretations just say moon person will love the amor person and amor person will show pure love to the moon person. But it depends if you man's amor is strongly placed in his chart. If he is already kind with you we can expect this insight to be truth.

Your anteros loosely opposes his venus... something isn't right... as hebe, your professor Venus is close to your vertex, and many of your planets aspect his venus. Does his feminine side attracts you? I see his venus opposing your venus-amor-anteros conjunction, you definitely love and appreciate beauty in opposing ways, this difference may also pull both of you. You definitely want a relationship where one gives and receives love in a fair manner, however it seems there may be moments when he just won't feel like reciprocating your love. Maybe due to his career, his age, I don't know...

I hope this helps you clear things a little bit. Best regards.

Wow. Thanks for this! This is a lot more than what I could wish for.

With regards to me being attracted to his feminine side - I guess yes, for some reason I'm quite masculine for a female and I do find the feminine/vulnerable side of males appealing.

I'm also not sure about the amor part, but he did first refer to me as father/daughter. He did state this but he has similar face with me. But I do think he does look like my late little brother a lot.

chasama

I hope you (and more importantly, he) are aware of university policy about romantic or sexual relationships between faculty and students. There's no problem if you're not in any of his classes, or if he isn't your supervisor, but otherwise I would be super careful until you graduate. Also, it's very common for students to develop a crush on a professor, and for an unscrupulous professor (and I'm not saying he is) to take advantage of female students.

I say this partly as a standard precaution about any academic romances, but also because with this man's Venus, Mars, Pluto, and sun conjunction he probably derives a sense of power (Mars, Pluto) from romantic encounters (Venus.) Planets conjunct the sun indicate what the person identifies with (sun=identity.) With his independent moon-Chiron opposite Uranus, he may have difficulty in staying faithful. Uranus rules change and the moon gives one's emotional nature.

Synastry can show if people are compatible, but then we also need to look at whether or how people are relationship material independently of the relationship.

However, with your vertex conjunct his Libra stellium, I have no doubt that you feel this is a fated encounter.

Haha! Probably the reason why he wants me to finish my thesis fast and graduate. With him being unfaithful, I do suspect a failed first marriage from him? He is quite secretive so I really have no idea about his past relationships, and him about my relationships as well.

Yes. I do feel he is like not sure, probably automatically like a family member, he did refer to himself as a father at first and said that we looked similar. But he really looks like my late younger brother, probably the main reason I feel attached.

But yes, he does love getting external validation (from everyone) and some ego rubs (maybe from me).

Last edited:

BlackLioness87

Do you remember I gave you wrong number for asteroid casanova?. On october the 3rd of 1974 it was on 13 degree of Libra. So Asteroid Casanova is conjunct your man's Mars. That's an enhaced Casanova haha.

P.S. It's unnecessary to hide birthdays because an astrologer can infer it using pluto and other slow planets positions, in addition to the sun and moon positions. As long as you hide birth place and hour your identity will be quite protected.

Last edited:

chasama

Do you remember I gave you wrong number for asteroid casanova?. On october the 3rd of 1974 it was on 13 degree of Libra. So Asteroid Casanova is conjunct your man's Mars. That's an enhaced Casanova haha.

P.S. It's unnecessary to hide birthdays because an astrologer can infer it using pluto and other slow planets positions, in addition to the sun and moon positions. As long as you hide birth place and hour your identity will be quite protected.

Haha! I don't try to hide it from you or probably any astrologers. I'm just paranoid with all the data.

Yes. He seem to have casanova conjunct his mars and sun, which I guess would really make bask more into romantic relationships.

I do think he is quite popular, and it amazes me just based on his chart that he has not lost his job yet? Hahahaha! Probably he does not really act on it.

chasama

Also I do find it weird that I feel that we are similar? Like I maybe a female counterpart. Or maybe its not only me who feels that way but he seems to point out our similarity often as well.

BlackLioness87

Also I do find it weird that I feel that we are similar? Like I maybe a female counterpart. Or maybe its not only me who feels that way but he seems to point out our similarity often as well.

Since his venus is on your vertex you may have that feeling. He may bring the yin energy (based on the Venus archetype) you need for "equilibrium". Anyway his Juno in your north node may mean something. Though both Junos are retrograde which means you both won't fit in the traditional and desirable spouse role.

His enhanced Casanova may simply mean he takes the active role when trying to "conquer" someone, so he may be the pursuer in love relationships. On the other hand, I also know many veiled casanovas who think their "charisma" can hide their real intentions, but they cannot use this subterfuge with an Scorpio moon like me ;).

I just hope you can take all of what your man's chart says into consideration, before attempting to have a relationship with him. Perhaps you don't mind and you're bold or open enough to cope with it. Anyway, I wish you good luck :D

waybread

chasama, I don't know where you live or how closely you have interacted with fellow students. But "Professor Romeo" exists in many universities, and oftentimes he is married.

Generally if he's a repeat romancer, the other older students know about his reputation. Discrete inquiries may be helpful, because I just don't see faithfulness being this man's strength, for reasons I outlined above. Possibly you may want nothing more than a short-term casual fling yourself. But the problem is that if word gets out that if a student and her professor are intimately involved, and s/he is this professor's own student in a class or supervisor relationship, it can cause a lot of resentment among fellow students-- who tend to feel that the love interest is getting special preferential treatment that they don't have. I've also heard gossip years after the alleged incident about female students sleeping their way to professional academic success, and it isn't pretty.

(I'm a retired academic, BTW.)

With your vertex conjunct this man's Libra stellium, I think he is bound to have a very powerful influence over you, and the student-professor relationship will probably seem to have a fated quality. But taking a step into an actual romantic relationship is a different matter, and it may or may not be a good idea.

Best wishes, W.

chasama

Since his venus is on your vertex you may have that feeling. He may bring the yin energy (based on the Venus archetype) you need for "equilibrium". Anyway his Juno in your north node may mean something. Though both Junos are retrograde which means you both won't fit in the traditional and desirable spouse role.

His enhanced Casanova may simply mean he takes the active role when trying to "conquer" someone, so he may be the pursuer in love relationships. On the other hand, I also know many veiled casanovas who think their "charisma" can hide their real intentions, but they cannot use this subterfuge with an Scorpio moon like me ;).

I just hope you can take all of what your man's chart says into consideration, before attempting to have a relationship with him. Perhaps you don't mind and you're bold or open enough to cope with it. Anyway, I wish you good luck :D

Haha! He did probably try to get too close to me from the start, not sure if the energy can be called "conquering". Then, I decided to show my "conquering" side as well. Haha. For some weird reason he kind of became feminine, and I found it amusing. Although he does seem to like it.

In terms of being bold enough to cope - probably it feels like a game for me (is this lust conjuct his moon?). Although I think we ought to be real good friends, bestfriends even - if it doesn't get ruined by something romantic.

Last edited:

chasama

chasama, I don't know where you live or how closely you have interacted with fellow students. But "Professor Romeo" exists in many universities, and oftentimes he is married.

Generally if he's a repeat romancer, the other older students know about his reputation. Discrete inquiries may be helpful, because I just don't see faithfulness being this man's strength, for reasons I outlined above. Possibly you may want nothing more than a short-term casual fling yourself. But the problem is that if word gets out that if a student and her professor are intimately involved, and s/he is this professor's own student in a class or supervisor relationship, it can cause a lot of resentment among fellow students-- who tend to feel that the love interest is getting special preferential treatment that they don't have. I've also heard gossip years after the alleged incident about female students sleeping their way to professional academic success, and it isn't pretty.

(I'm a retired academic, BTW.)

With your vertex conjunct this man's Libra stellium, I think he is bound to have a very powerful influence over you, and the student-professor relationship will probably seem to have a fated quality. But taking a step into an actual romantic relationship is a different matter, and it may or may not be a good idea.

Best wishes, W.

Haha! I knew you were somehow involved with academia with your serious tone about the subject.

He is married - or probably "was". There is so far no trace of him being with his family. I myself have my own stuff he doesn't know of. He doesn't seem to touch the subject, probably to also prevent anyone asking him about his own.

With regards to him being a powerful influence to me - I wouldn't deny this. It's like "he is already the person that I want to become". He somehow also seem like a "father or older brother I wished to have".

It terms of romance - not sure really, but he seems more into it than me based on some of the things he said. I'm amused more about our similarities than the idea of being in a relationship. And if it is indeed fated for us to meet, I am boggled by the question of "what is his purpose in my life?".

Somehow I value my freedom a lot, and I do think this guy is kind of clingy and easily gets jealous (based on some experiences with him).

Thank you for your insights and I can see that your kindness through your genuine worry about the whole subject. :D

Last edited:

muchacho

Hi BlackLioness87! Thank you for the reply! I added here the asteroids you asked.

Yes. I'm the inner wheel - blue and I'm female.

I'm absolutely sure about his birthday.
The birthtime... probably within an hour maybe.
It doesn't really make much sense reading the synastry without his exact birth time. Anyway, we can at least say something about the basic dynamics. Moons are incompatible, so if you'd be in an actual intimate relationship it would be full of potential misunderstandings. Suns are complementary though so in terms of career or as a work relationship it seems like a perfect match.

chasama

It doesn't really make much sense reading the synastry without his exact birth time. Anyway, we can at least say something about the basic dynamics. Moons are incompatible, so if you'd be in an actual intimate relationship it would be full of potential misunderstandings. Suns are complementary though so in terms of career or as a work relationship it seems like a perfect match.

There's actually a lot of cases of not knowing the exact time of birth, especially the ones who just asked their mothers on what time they were born.

Probably. But maybe because of his moon, he is amused by my double Aries sun and ascendant?

muchacho

There's actually a lot of cases of not knowing the exact time of birth, especially the ones who just asked their mothers on what time they were born.

Probably. But maybe because of his moon, he is amused by my double Aries sun and ascendant?
He actually may find that fascinating (or stimulating). Incompatible signs can mean severe misunderstandings (very different nature) but very often are also responsible for a certain allure or fascination exactly because they are so different.

BlackLioness87

Your prof Jupiter is on your node (4 degree orb) so he could be a benefactor. There's a chance you'll be in contact after finishing your thesis, he definitely seems to be helping you reach your goals.

chasama

He actually may find that fascinating (or stimulating). Incompatible signs can mean severe misunderstandings (very different nature) but very often are also responsible for a certain allure or fascination exactly because they are so different.

So far I have been in relationships with moon in Taurus guys, one of them even has a trine. It is okay I guess? One failed and my current one is maybe failing me.

Although I did not chose them by astrology aspects. They just happened to have compatible moons with me. I guess they tend to end up too comfortable that they start being lenient on the emotional aspect of the relationship?