brother keeping secrets?

26degrees

Hi, I am seeking your help. I am concerned about my brother. He has been going somewhere every weekend and refuses to tell anyone where he is going. He is 21, so I respect that as an adult he deserves his independence, but when he abandons his responsibilities at home, I become angry. Yesterday he went out during the blizzard and he should be here to help my mother and I shovel the snow. We got 14.8 inches of snow. I wonder if he has a girlfriend. I'm also concerned that maybe he just goes out and stays at friends' houses and drinks and smokes marijuana all night. I have no idea and he won't tell anyone. My parents are not assertive enough to get any information out of him.

I am Saturn in the 9th house in Scorpio.
He is Venus in Aquarius conjunct the Ascendant, but in the 12th house. He is also conjunct the moon.

It does look to me like he is keeping secrets and I feel this chart does show this.

Is it possible to figure out what he's doing?

Thanks so much! This is very important to me, so if you have any insight at all I would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• where.jpg
    where.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 29

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi, I am seeking your help. I am concerned about my brother. He has been going somewhere every weekend and refuses to tell anyone where he is going. He is 21, so I respect that as an adult he deserves his independence, but when he abandons his responsibilities at home, I become angry. Yesterday he went out during the blizzard and he should be here to help my mother and I shovel the snow. We got 14.8 inches of snow. I wonder if he has a girlfriend. I'm also concerned that maybe he just goes out and stays at friends' houses and drinks and smokes marijuana all night. I have no idea and he won't tell anyone. My parents are not assertive enough to get any information out of him.

I am Saturn in the 9th house in Scorpio.
He is Venus in Aquarius conjunct the Ascendant, but in the 12th house. He is also conjunct the moon.

It does look to me like he is keeping secrets and I feel this chart does show this.

Is it possible to figure out what he's doing?

Thanks so much! This is very important to me, so if you have any insight at all I would greatly appreciate it.

It looks to me that you have a very close and perhaps very difficult relationshop with your brother. He is right there with you, Venus conjunct the Asc and conjunct your co-sigifier, the Moon. Venus and Moon are in the 1st not the 12th, by their proximity to the Asc, so I don't particularly see secrets. Just difficulty, as his signifier Venus applies to a square with yours Saturn.

Also, kind of imbalanced in what may be a called mixed reception. He/Venus is in the sign of your/Saturn's dignity, so you receive him well. However, you/Saturn are in the sign of his/Venus' fall, so he not so comfortable with you.

I think it is possible that he and things are okay, just not easy between you.

Last edited:

26degrees

It looks to me that you have a very close and perhaps very difficult relationshop with your brother. He is right there with you, Venus conjunct the Asc and conjunct your co-sigifier, the Moon. Venus and Moon are in the 1st not the 12th, by their proximity to the Asc, so I don't particularly see secrets. Just difficulty, as his signifier Venus applies to a square with yours Saturn.

Also, kind of imbalanced in what may be a called mixed reception. He/Venus is in the sign of your/Saturn's dignity, so you receive him well. However, you/Saturn are in the sign of his/Venus' fall, so he not so comfortable with you.

I think it is possible that he and things are okay, just not easy between you.

Thanks, we were always close, then all of a sudden things changed. He doesn't really tell any of us anything or talk to us much, so it's so hard to tell if everything's okay or not. Thanks for your analysis! :smile:

IleneK

Premium Member
Thanks, we were always close, then all of a sudden things changed. He doesn't really tell any of us anything or talk to us much, so it's so hard to tell if everything's okay or not. Thanks for your analysis! :smile:

Well, it looks like he is not keeping secrets.

Regarding how he is doing, his significator has some small essential dignity by face in the sign of Aquarius. This is not a lot, But it is also not peregrine and thus wandering without direction or prone to trouble.

Venus is also strong on the Ascendant. So I think he is quite likely okay. It is possible, by his/Venus' close aspect to Saturn/you, that he may reacting to what he experiences as restrictive/Saturnine energies from you that he may wish to escape. The square between significators indicates difficulties between you, but not that there is anything wrong with him.

kimbermoon

this chart definitely shows the tendency for secrets and mysteries....and it is probably romantic in nature...your brother is moving into his own realm of autonomy and independence, and no one should be interfering in that process...the problem is about the family having unrealistic expectations of what he should be doing...he does take his responsibilities seriously, but must also be allowed his own free time; it sounds as though you are all spending too much time controlling his life, rather than respecting his spirit...his birth chart would be more telling in this matter although I am dubious about readings for other people, especially without their knowledge...another slant on things.:sideways:

26degrees

this chart definitely shows the tendency for secrets and mysteries....and it is probably romantic in nature...your brother is moving into his own realm of autonomy and independence, and no one should be interfering in that process...the problem is about the family having unrealistic expectations of what he should be doing...he does take his responsibilities seriously, but must also be allowed his own free time; it sounds as though you are all spending too much time controlling his life, rather than respecting his spirit...his birth chart would be more telling in this matter although I am dubious about readings for other people, especially without their knowledge...another slant on things.:sideways:

Thanks for your response, but I do disagree with you saying that we try to control his life. My parents have always let us have too much freedom and try too hard to be our friends. I feel that I'm the only one who's ever concerned about him. Where in the chart does it indicate unrealistic expectations?

Last edited: