How to find your career in a chart

My old Solar Fire Program lists a number of Arabian Parts and is editable- You can use the
appendix ii of Dial Detective - Investigation withthe 90degree Dial by MAria Kay Simms to add other Parts of Interest to the program

Claire19

Hi. I'm trying to find a website that computes Pars Fortunae for me. Tried Tarot Live, but it only goes to 2009. Don't know much, but I'm trying to figure something personal out, which happened on May 3, 2010.
Part of Fortune and other Arabic parts can be computed online by putting in those few words. However we dont use them transitting.
Any transitting planets hitting the POF are only valid if those planets aspect the POF natally as well. I use them only as a support as they are placements and combinations rather than straight out planets.

JUPITERASC

So, what if you have no planets in your 2nd house, 6th house, 8th house, 9th house or 10th house.
If there are no planets in 2nd, 6th, 9th or 10th house then find the house and sign location of the RULER of the sign on 2nd, 6th, 9th or 10th house :smile:

waybread

So, what if you have no planets in your 2nd house, 6th house, 8th house, 9th house or 10th house.

A rule of thumb (via Dutch astrologer Karen Hamaker-Zondag via Firmicus Maternus):

"The house over which a planet rules serves the purposes of the house in which that planet stands."

Metaphysica

Re: No vocational stickies?

FF, this isn't a sticky, but basically I would recommend this protocol:.........
If someone has the sun in an intercepted sign, Neptune in the first house squaring the MC, or other indicators....

I have first house Neptune conjunct Jupiter, and sun in an intercepted sign, so is my moon, and I have to say I agree with , (quoted above but accidentally erased some of it), I have a good deal of confusion in terms of my identity and career aspirations.
With my north node in Gemini in the sixth I wonder if writing is my best option. Realistically.

Tuli

I have heard a lot of times that every soul which comes on this earth has a specific goal to achieve.....Apart from career can astrology show what is the goal and how to achieve it...???

byjove

Account Closed
For those of us that would take a look at career via Hellenistic methods, using a porphry chart for calculating planetary strength, how were 'intercepted' planets considered in the porphyry chart? I know that when strength is then applied to topical division via whole sign houses, interception doesn't appear, of course.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
I have heard a lot of times that every soul which comes on this earth has a specific goal to achieve.....Apart from career can astrology show what is the goal and how to achieve it...???

You're talking about life purpose as opposed to career purpose?

For some people they are the same. For others what they do during the day, or night for gainful employment, only supports their other efforts which are not their life purpose.

And for some of us like me, who spent more than 40 years in a life purpose, and are now retired from that, a new life purpose needs to be obtained, which is no longer a career.

Astrologers are expects to deal with all successfully.

Many of the career methods seem to believe that career success(meaning recognition or fame in their area of work) is all there is. Waybread and others here have made it clear that success is only part of career orientation, which must also include aptitudes for work and work environment.

But usually life purpose is more geared toward what you need to express, and that is related first to Mercury, and according the Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson, several of the Arabic Parts including the part of knowledge.

Zarathu

Account Closed
The north node, for one thing.

Celeste Teal in her book on LUNAR NODES, says that the north node is the one that you have from the past, but the South Node is the one you need to fill up in the present life, and thus you purpose destiny is to fill up that node.

JUPITERASC

btw... That's descriptive of PRIMARY MOTIVATION

- details on how to find the Primary Motivation are discussed at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=382268#post382268:smile:
4. The Elemental Quality of the Sign of the Ascendant is showing the type of Primary Motivation of the native.
Fire goes for freedom of action and power.
Air goes for freedom of expression and movement.
The Water signs need emotional security
Earth signs need physical security.

The person with masculine Ascendant (or majority of planets in masculine signs) speaks in active terms: "I did this to that person".
The person with feminine sign on Ascendant or majority planets in feminine signs, speaks in passive terms: "This happened to me".

The Feminine signs seek advice because they need second hand in their decisions, in fact they want someone else to make the decision for them.
Masculine signs seek advice because they have many options so they are not sure which option is better.

Cardinal signs are most active. Cardinal water and earth (Cancer and Capricorn) are working great amount of actions but in circumstances and environment structured already by someone else.
Libra and Aries (Cardinal masculine) are working great in any kind of circumstances.

Fixed signs are centripetal, they need center. They are very successful in Acquisations.
Taurus hoards money.
Leo hoards glory and honor.
Scorpio hoards the hidden things, hidden motivations of other people, seek energy and vitality.
Aquarius hoards Knowledge.

Mutable signs vacillate between the two: cardinal and fixed.

5. Examine the planets which most closely aspects the Ascendant. These planets add to the whole Primary Motivation thing.

Planets aspecting the Ascendant represent powers the native can use in the world.

The aspecting planet's local determination will be added to the Primary
Motivation.
(Venus in 5th will add love for pleasure and entertainment to the native's Primary Motivation).

The aspect between the aspecting planet and the Ascendant tells you how the being of the planet and its local determination are linked.

6. The Ruler of the Ascendant by its house position tells you where (what area of life) the native will seek to realize his/her Primary Motivation.

Look also at all 5 dignity rulers in the place of the ASC. The Almuten and Exalted ruler are lamost as significant as the domicile ruler (sometimes even more).

The Ruler of the Ascendant (as well as the other rulers) by its nature and zodiacal state shows the methods the native will use and the success or failure of the drive.....

....The primary motivation is great deal of what we unconsciously and often consciously seek for. Once that motivation is broken or someone interrupt it, we seek to fix that in the every possible way we can do that.

I will continue with the tips in my next post.

Lion o ness

Oo this is a great thread with lots of good information.,, I always wondered if my job shows in my natal... It's something I just fell into my pure luck and chance...

I was young, out of a job, looked every where and was extremely frustrated so I

I literally opened the phone book with my eyes closed and pointed, I called the company asked if they were hiring, they said yes come in right away, we really need people...

I went in, I didn't receive a call back, so I called and did a follow up call... They said wow we have been trying to get a hold of u, u didn't put ur number on the application (Dohhhh)

A was later hired and I have been working for this same company for 18 years. It's a Fortune 500 company, JD powers awards.

It was fated for me :joyful:

I'm going to read up on bobs post and see if it fits my job.

byjove

Account Closed
Good lord ^^ It could be interesting to examine your chart! That might be a 2nd/10th matter? (could you blink again and show us all a few things?!) :tongue:

Lion o ness

Good lord ^^ It could be interesting to examine your chart! That might be a 2nd/10th matter? (could you blink again and show us all a few things?!) :tongue:

Me?

I have a packed h6 and Jupiter in h10... Prob the luck...part...

Everyone in my position got layer off or transferred to in wanted positions..
My boss fought to keep me... We have awesome work chemistry also.. I'll never leave my boss, he's like a father figure to me...

My chart is on my profile, I'm haven't figured out how to post a chart from the iPad..lol