Virgo

Victoria

I'm sorry if I put this the wrong place!
anyway

I'm wondering why there seems to be such a extreme focus on the negatives of Virgo, and why so many people dissagree with their own chart. I am speaking of experience, as I am a virgo sun and asc.

My sun is in the 12th house. Asc is in virgo, but all my 1 house planets
are in Libra. It seems to me that everyone I know who is a virgo
hides the virgo qualities about themself, prefering to be moon or venus.

I'd like to start a discussion on all our virgo aspect, houses and planetery positions. And how we deal with them, if there is anyone who agrees with me about virgo being perhaps, less interesting, than the other zodiac signs. I find it intresting because Virgo is the only sign symbolized by a human, a woman, and not mythological creatures or animals.
I've always though of virgo as the one zodiac where we can actaully edit ourself, and the matter/situations we meet.
Where an animal would react instinctivly, perhaps I am wrong

Welcome to discuss, and please add your virgo house and position and planitary aspects:happy:

My virgo aspects are -

Sun in virgo 12th house,
asc in virgo,
Mercury in 1st house in libra
mars in virgo 12th house

Judy_AzVirgo

The messy slobs of the world give Virgo a bad name! And then they expect us to pick up after them.

In the first astrology book I ever read (a paperback cookbook), I recall it said Virgos are picky and critical, and make good bookkeepers and secretaries. What a turn-off. Many Virgo people I've known are quiet, self-effacing and neat in appearance and habits, true. Other are definitely none of those things. So much of depends on the rest of the chart. I've yet to meet a Virgo bookkeeper, tho I suppose they're out there somewhere.

You'd have to ask a traditionalist astrologer to explain why Virgo gets a bad rap. Probably some connection to being the 6th sign and ruling the 6th house.

Personally, my Virgo Sun is often over-ridden by strong water and fire sign energies. I HATE details, did not make a good secretary when I was in my early 20s, and felt much more comfortable being an executive -- which you can see in the MC/10th house placement:

Sun Virgo in 10th (Leo on MC)
Saturn Virgo in 10 or 11
Mercury in Libra in 11

Dobrev

I think the reason why it gets a bad rep is because society tends to have a bias towards extroverts. There's a lot of studies that show this.

I think it seems less interesting because it's usually described as being modest.

Chiron conj. asc
Virgo rising
moon square asc
Uranus Neptune trine asc
Pluto sextile asc

Last edited:
Good topic.

I am Virgo sun (first house) with Virgo rising and Mercury. Personally, I kinda love being a Virgo, I love my quiet time to think deeply about things. I have an active 11th house and verrrry strong Jupiter, so I go back and forth from my shell to the rollicking house party of my social life (moon Venus Saturn in Leo) like a multiple personality disorder. I am most happy with a 6 hour stretch and a cosy spot in the sun with a good book or 10. Total Virgo. When I was a teen I was reading so compulsively that my friends would throw things at me at parties when I would end up with my nose in a book without even realizing it. I guess we have a bad rep because of people like me...:lol::lol:

Last edited:

dr. farr

A very excellent book (from the 1930's but still available) going deeply into the signs, is Modernist pioneer Charles Carter's, "The Zodiac and the Soul": I heartily recommend this book to anyone wanting a well-balanced and deeper insight into the qualities, tendencies, ramifications and meanings of the 12 signs!

(Note: this book is available from astroamerica.com, Amazon books and abebooks.com)

PS. Virgo rises in my natal chart (25 degrees ascendant), and I have Saturn and Mars in Virgo...

poyi

Premium Member
A very excellent book (from the 1930's but still available) going deeply into the signs, is Modernist pioneer Charles Carter's, "The Zodiac and the Soul": I heartily recommend this book to anyone wanting a well-balanced and deeper insight into the qualities, tendencies, ramifications and meanings of the 12 signs!

(Note: this book is available from astroamerica.com, Amazon books and abebooks.com)

PS. Virgo rises in my natal chart (25 degrees ascendant), and I have Saturn and Mars in Virgo...

I have Virgo ascendant 13 degrees and Virgo Mars (Almuten) which I have always found the greatest satisfaction in my life is being able to offer Practical helps and inspiration to those in despair. I experience my worst anxiety when people, including my own mother telling me that "You are not good enough! OR "I don't believe you can!"

Judy_AzVirgo

I have Virgo ascendant 13 degrees and Virgo Mars (Almuten) which I have always found the greatest satisfaction in my life is being able to offer Practical helps and inspiration to those in despair. I experience my worst anxiety when people, including my own mother telling me that "You are not good enough! OR "I don't believe you can!"

There does seem to be something about Virgo that says "you are not good enough!" Sometimes we hear it from others, sometimes it's a voice inside ourselves.

Idrew

Hello fellow Virgo's. I can't say that I am at all too pleased that my sign is the only one represented by a female fiugure, no offence intended to the ladies, but I consider my self a macho type of guy. I know many virgo's that are martial arts champions and all round tough guys. I don't find virgo men feminine at all. I must say though the part about bieng organised, that can be taken for as bieng tidy, I think most virgo's fall in that catagory.

scorpittarian

6H & 7H in Cancer.
Moon in Virgo in 8H.
Chiron in Virgo in 8H.

I agree that the society has a bias towards extroverts & I'm slightly guilty of being one among that section of the society. So I wasn't really cool when I read the not so flattering description given on Cafeastrology. Eventually, I embraced the Virgo in me & now, I feel good that my Moon is in Virgo & no other sign.

I should've had a Virgo Sun because very strangely it's my dad who says things like "you won't achieve that". According to him, my dreams are too high to even touch. I don't feel any sort of anxiety when people say such things. I just get annoyed & fueled up to prove that I can achieve anything. And yes, once I prove them wrong, modesty goes out of the window & takes them along. I don't entertain those who try putting me down.

There's this voice inside me that keeps bashing me for my looks. I shut it up by reminding myself that I've a critical Virgo Moon that trines Neptune sitting on my ascendant which means my view is pretty distorted.

Many of my friends have a Virgo Moon. However, I don't get along with those who have a Virgo Sun. I find them critical & ummm... too "well behaved" in public & they don't seem to like me either. :unsure:

poyi

Premium Member
6H & 7H in Cancer.

I should've had a Virgo Sun because very strangely it's my dad who says things like "you won't achieve that". According to him, my dreams are too high to even touch. I don't feel any sort of anxiety when people say such things. I just get annoyed & fueled up to prove that I can achieve anything. And yes, once I prove them wrong, modesty goes out of the window & takes them along. I don't entertain those who try putting me down.

Haha, when people say I can't achieve and don't believe in me. I can experience anxiety but yeah, that drives me NUT and I always prove them wrong every single time. I am very proud in the inside, I don't allow people to humiliate me at all!!! I will try my best to slap their face with achievements beyond their origin comments. With Virgo ascendant perhaps that is something to do with the Leo 12th house?

Last edited:

Noth

A Virgo makes a post and wonders about focusing on the negative?!? That's rich! It was probably a Virgo who wrote those descriptions! And how typical of a Virgo to introduce their post with "I'm sorry. . ." To judge by their passive-aggressive behavior, they must truly believe that the meek shall inherit the earth, and act accordingly!

Just kidding (sort of). . . inappropriate Sag humor here. . . ?

@Idrew: Virgo symbolized by the virgin has to do with purity, which is not at all incompatible with martial artists, who express purity of movement (and probably maintain healthy diets and habits as well), right?

To those who personally respond(ed) to the Uranus-Pluto conjunction in Virgo: if I'm not mistaken, I have you all to thank for the (re)popularization in the U.S. of yoga, worker co-operatives, and health food stores, all of which many people my age are responding to and perpetuating. . .

I'm one of those who believe Pluto to be exalted in Virgo/the sixth house. Its analytical function is heightened. . . and PURIFICATION. Humility doesn't mean being walked over. . . useful isn't the same as servile. . . troubleshooting. . . perfectionism. . .

By the way, I live with two Virgo housemates/best friends (we all have venus conj pluto in scorpio to bind us together). . . they prove that young Virgos who've yet to find a fulfilling purpose are capable of the most appalling personal habits, eating trashy food, sleeping all day and then moaning about it and how external forces keep them from changing. . . !

Some of you may have noticed that Scorpio/Capricorn traits such as strategy can induce a Virgo to follow you unquestioningly (just don't be intimidating!). . . Cancer traits such as cooking and sympathy for them will make them feel nurtured and they may briefly display something resembling backbone and good humor. . .

Students of humanistic astrology probably know that while we may at first think we "don't like {such and such sign}," we actually may not have yet understood that sign. . . in any case, what other people write from a critical standpoint may or may not be useful or true. . . I wish all virgos would find the ability within themselves to just ignore criticism, not over- or under-react to it! This is a lesson from Sag. . . In return for the Virgoan lesson to all Sags: don't be an impractical arrogant blowhard. . .

I second dr. farr's recommendation of the writings of Charles Carter. . .

I've attached my chart (relevant sixth house placements if anyone wants a particular example/has a particular question. . .)

Also, on a related note, does anyone else with sixth house pluto have issues with being a leader? At the moment I find myself thrust into leadership roles in a few different areas; I'm determined to resolve my ambivalent feeling toward being a leader/being out in the open. . . but it's proving difficult. . . any advice (I'm not great with interpreting transits, for example)? Strikes me as a Virgoan issue. . . Thanks!

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    50.6 KB · Views: 27

poyi

Premium Member
A Virgo makes a post and wonders about focusing on the negative?!? That's rich! It was probably a Virgo who wrote those descriptions! And how typical of a Virgo to introduce their post with "I'm sorry. . ." To judge by their passive-aggressive behavior, they must truly believe that the meek shall inherit the earth, and act accordingly!

Haha, I do admit myself can be passive-aggressive!! LOL. When I am upset with something, I do have a tendency to start a conversation with "I am sorry..." and continue with the "but...."! :andy:

@Idrew: Virgo symbolized by the virgin has to do with purity, which is not at all incompatible with martial artists, who express purity of movement (and probably maintain healthy diets and habits as well), right?

I am always very concern about health. With Virgo ascendant, some astrologists say that the best career for Virgo ascendant is Health industry. It suits our characters of providing services to other and inborn concern about health in general.

Some of you may have noticed that Scorpio/Capricorn traits such as strategy can induce a Virgo to follow you unquestioningly (just don't be intimidating!). . . Cancer traits such as cooking and sympathy for them will make them feel nurtured and they may briefly display something resembling backbone and good humor. . .

I happen to be a Scorpio Sun/Mercury/Pluto/Saturn Stellium with Capricorn Moon!! I can manipulate my own mind to control myself!!:surprised:

And if somebody!! Happen to nurture me.............................................................................................................you can pretty get me to do anything for you.........................................

I wish all virgos would find the ability within themselves to just ignore criticism, not over- or under-react to it! This is a lesson from Sag. . . In return for the Virgoan lesson to all Sags: don't be an impractical arrogant blowhard. . .

Yep lucky me, I also have Jupiter in Sagittarius in 4th conjunct IC & SN. Over the years, I have learned to care less, be yourself and tell people to back off when they make inaccurate comments about myself usually finished up with a touch of giggling laugh. :biggrin:

scorpittarian

I thought martial arts was more of a martian thing? My moon doesn't really enjoy fighting. I sometimes become quite tearful when someone tries picking a fight with me. If it weren't for my Sun/Mars conjunction & Mars/Moon square, I would've never gone for Taekwondo.

By the way, I live with two Virgo housemates/best friends (we all have venus conj pluto in scorpio to bind us together). . . they prove that young Virgos who've yet to find a fulfilling purpose are capable of the most appalling personal habits, eating trashy food, sleeping all day and then moaning about it and how external forces keep them from changing. . . !

:lol: I too slip into a similar lifestyle from time to time.... eating trashy food like a glutton & then complaining that I've gained 1.5 to 2 pounds, sleeping all day long, having to tell people that I'm culturing fungi because I'm too lazy to wash my utensils for days together....I do & don't do a lot more stuff that I shouldn't/should do but I seriously don't want to mention them here to fellow Virgoans! :eek:

Students of humanistic astrology probably know that while we may at first think we "don't like {such and such sign}," we actually may not have yet understood that sign. . . in any case, what other people write from a critical standpoint may or may not be useful or true. . . I wish all virgos would find the ability within themselves to just ignore criticism, not over- or under-react to it! This is a lesson from Sag. . . In return for the Virgoan lesson to all Sags: don't be an impractical arrogant blowhard. . .

Criticism & opinion aren't the same & Virgos should learn to differentiate between the two.

d00dle

i am Virgo:virgo: Sun and Mercury. I think Virgos are the most boring people on this earth! I've never heard and read any astrologers and sites that Virgo being the sexiest sign (like Scorpio), adventurous (like Sagittarius), or sensitive (like Cancer). Virgo is a very negative sign...introvert and cold hearted. Virgos people are narcissists and too critical of others and themselves. Scorpios like being mean, but we (Virgos) are straight up mean in nature. I really hate being a virgo :( it's just the worst and stupid sign ever.

Last edited:
i am Virgo:virgo: Sun and Mercury. I think Virgos are the most boring people on this earth! I've never heard and read any astrologers and sites that Virgo being the sexiest sign (like Scorpio), adventurous (like Sagittarius), or sensitive (like Cancer). Virgo is a very negative sign...introvert and cold hearted. Virgos people are narcissists and too critical of others and themselves. Scorpios like being mean, but we (Virgos) are straight up mean in nature. I really hate being a virgo :( it's just the worst and stupid sign ever.

Yikes! It's only our critiscism that makes it so. We just need to relax and not focus so much on the self and we are fine. We are fine. Don't go to the dark side, people. Let's get some self-respect, and then we won't hate the world. And the world won't hate us.

Geeze. Self-hate much? As a guy with a whole lotta virgo in his chart--think ultra virgo--virgo sun, virgo saturn, virgo jupiter, virgo mercury, I can safely say that virgo energy doesn't have to totally suck, but like so many other things, it depends on what you do with it.

Someone else already mentioned purity, and moderation. These are hallmarks of virgo. That means there isn't a whole lot of "playing around and standing out" like Leo. That means there isn't necessarily a lot of "adventuring about and philosophising" like sag. It means you don't have the desires and kinkiness of scorpio. It basically takes the characteristics that are the least in vogue and puts them in the spotlight. Purity, practicality, moderation. If the world had more of it, it's be a lot less ******* up than it is.

Virgo is a service sign. It is here, in part, to be of service to creation. The only other sign who has this distinction is Pisces. I'd argue everyone ultimately is being of service, they just don't always know they are. Virgo does.

Typically, if you want a job done, and done right, you are going to want a Virgo. A capricorn will do it, but only if you pay them enough. A leo only does it so long as everyone tells them how wonderful they are. If you are sick, you better hope to Jesus that you are dealing with people who have mastered virgo traits, or you are probably going to be in for a screwing.

So, yeah, in modern society, virgo is looked upon as kinda "second-rate" right up until people need something like medical attention or some practical advice. Take a good, hard look around. Everything right now, I'd argue, is in dire need of virgo.

scorpittarian

- Scorpio's are also described as malicious, manipulative, jealous & vengeful. They can turn their back on you anytime.

- Sagittarians have a tendency to eat like gluttons & look like sumo wrestlers. Their loudness makes them look phony. They exaggerate so much that people pass them for liars. Their sarcastic insensitive sharp tongue makes them quite unpopular in their friend circles.

- Cancerians have heightened sensitivity which makes them clingy, crabby, cranky & manipulative.

You can be bubbly, loud, adventurous, carefree, do things that make you stand out, flirt, look like a million dollar..... but if at the end of the day you aren't humble, reliable, honest, kind, helpful...(basic earthy Virgoan qualities), you'll gain popularity, not respect. Moreover, in today's world, if you aren't hardworking, practical, intelligent, street smart & can't offer the best(which comes from a desire for perfection which in turn stems from criticism), along with respect, you'll lose your money.

You can choose to be ugly on the inside but sexy on the outside or pretty on the inside & decent looking on the outside(that's virgo).

poyi

Premium Member
I really think that Virgo is a wonderful sign to have. Virgo is ruled by Mercury and is Mercury's exaltation. Virgo is the sign of intellengent!!!!

With the humble nature of the earth sign practical and willing to provide services to other as you guys said similar to the Pisces. These are very beautiful qualities to have. Why hate yourself? Every sign has it own positive and negative sides. As Virgo we need to learn to accept imperfection and be happy!