View Single Post
Unread 07-19-2019, 10:54 AM

Re: Questions about Grand Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matto View Post

My first question has to do with the "technicalities" of the Grand Cross. Most places I've looked at say that a Grand Cross involves each planet or point in the same modality (Fixed, Mutable or Cardinal).

However, I am wondering about my own pattern where Jupiter is in Leo opposing Saturn in Aquarius, and both are squaring my Moon near the beginning of Scorpio and my Mercury near the end of Aries. So my Moon and Mercury form an opposition in terms of degrees but Mercury falls outside of the modality - Mercury is Cardinal while Moon, Jupiter and Saturn sit in Fixed signs.

Is this considered a "weakened" Grand Cross? Or is there debate about whether to consider it a Grand Cross at all?
I would think that an excellent manner to consider whether you have only a fixed square OR a workable grand cross is how the recent transit of Uranus (if you use the outer planets) from end Aries (conjunct Mercury) into Taurus (opp. Moon) mentally and emotionally affected you, and the involvement of/with natal Jupiter -Saturn. Uranus can bring about mental stress through a necessity of change approaching but that is initially not wished for.

IF Mercury makes up a grand cross it will be your thought pattern and how you verbally express yourself (Mercury) that is the instigator (or not) of attempting to bring some movement into the what you called 'feeling stuck' of the Fixed T-square.
Moon in Scorpio, especially, can be 'a stick in the mud', holding all feelings within, that may only be verbally expressed in an emotional outburst that Mercury induces.

Harsh Jupiter-Saturn aspects are often found in the high highs, low lows of mental/emotional (dys)functioning [bi-polar). Do you consider that Mercury's expression of emotional issues helps in 'calming down' and providing a 'stability' (Fixed), or does the lack of mental expression (stuck in the head) keep you on the fixed wheel of emotional discontent?

Quote:
The other part of my question has to do with I guess family dynamics and family karma. I've recently discovered that not only do I have the pattern I've just described, but also my sister has a Cardinal Grand Cross involving Sun in Libra, Mars in Aries, Neptune in Capricorn and Chiron in Cancer.

This struck me because I know the Grand Cross is considered rare, so the possibility of having two in the same family fascinates me. My sister is my only sibling and I feel like her Grand Cross speaks of our family dynamics and struggles with both parents. We both have Chiron in Cancer and this means our "wound" is related to our family and our past. I'm wondering whether the two of us both having these patterns show some kind of difficult family karma that we are going through together as siblings.
Chiron takes 50 years in its orbit round the Sun, yet being elliptical of nature spends a shorter/longer time in some signs than others. In the late 1980's - early 1990's it absolutely raced through Cancer. With siblings often born within several years of each other, many will have Chiron in the same sign. It isn't such an exceptional occurance. It might well cloud judgement if taken as being so.
All blood siblings share the same family, yet each will experience the nature of it in a personal manner. House position, in more sense than one, is important. You may 'feel' its effects more because your Moon, ruler Cancer, makes such harsh aspects in the chart. You do not mention whether your sister's Moon makes harsh aspects. If you have discussed it with her (Aries versus Libra effect ???), you may hear that she emotionally experiences to have lived in a totally different family to you.

In Chiron's myth, he had no family. Within harsh aspects, 'the pain' of a lack of physical nurturing, mother-child issues, emotional instability of needs, might be apparent in Cancer, whereby showing how one feels may not come naturally …… out of fear of being hurt?

Last edited by Frisiangal; 07-19-2019 at 11:00 AM. Reason: correction