Ascendant and Appearance - do they match up?

Do your Appearance match your Ascendant?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Love2Know

Oh I also have asc quintile Pluto I don’t know how that affects my rising. Also asc bi quintile mars. Are we counting these?

Whoam1

My MC ruler is in Scorpio and is in stellium with Pluto, my moon is in the eight as is my north node and my moon aspects Pluto. My MC/AC midpoint also aspects Pluto.

aquarius7000

Yeah, Mars in Virgo
Funny, earth seems to be powerful in my chart, but I hate stability. I'm quite averse to it. I am lead cardinal with fixed last, tho. Actually, stability makes me uncomfortable for many, many reasons from pure boredom to not liking the idea of feeling like I'm not transforming. Routine makes me feel suffocated or like I'm caught in some stasis. It's curious
Understandable because, as I said, Mars is of rebellious nature that does not like to be contained. It therefore falls in earthy and fixed Taurus. It exalts in cardinal Capricorn because Capricorn lets Mars move ahead, but giving it a certain direction thanks to Saturn.

Lykanized

I have my Mercury, Venus, Pluto, Uranus and Neptune along with the Mars/Moon conjunct acting on my ascendant in major aspects. I wonder if that affects the appearance or demeanor as well even if they aren't conjuncts

Love2Know

I have my Mercury, Venus, Pluto, Uranus and Neptune along with the Mars/Moon conjunct acting on my ascendant in major aspects. I wonder if that affects the appearance or demeanor as well even if they aren't conjuncts

I think we are counting everything but are we counting quintiles because I need to know.

Hello. Newbie here and to astrology. I'm trying to make sense of what I am reading on here; it's all very interesting. From what little I have read, I don't feel I look much like my Scorpio Asc but maybe it has to do with Venus and my Pisces moon softening the Scorpio angles?

aquarius7000

I think we are counting everything but are we counting quintiles because I need to know.
Personally, I have seen conjunctions - first and then oppositions to have maximum influence. I, personally, will only consider trines and squares (so main aspects, only) if these are tights (under 3*). I don't consider septiles and quintiles.

aquarius7000

Would you care to share your natal chart from astro.com (preferably in Placidus)?

Love2Know

Personally, I have seen conjunctions - first and then oppositions to have maximum influence. I, personally, will only consider trines and squares (so main aspects, only) if these are tights (under 3*). I don't consider septiles and quintiles.

Sorrow. I got really excited by the quintiles they are so not talked about you know?

Lykanized

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 1.25.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 1.25.32 AM.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 23

waybread

Would you care to define your appearance, which is a big part of how one's Asc. defines one, besides how others may perceive you. Also, where is your Merc. placed and how is it affected. Is it just Uranus aspecting your Asc.?

As a woman in my late 60s, my appearance has changed a lot since I was young. I used to have very turbulent, curly, thick, naturally very light blonde hair that looked like nobody else's. As I aged, my hair got thinner and darker. Right now, it's partly a sandy grey-blonde and partly a darker brown. (I've never colored my hair.) This is why I think that Uranus square one's ascendant can dramatically alter the stereotypical descriptions of ascendants. Also, Neptune in the first house. We tend to be the chameleons of the zodiac. I'll post what I call my "close enough" nativity. It's not the exact one, due to my privacy concerns, but it's very close and preserves the accurate chart's structure.

Attachments

• W's close-enough chart 3.jpg
    W's close-enough chart 3.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 37

belabismo

I would say for me, generally, yes, I do look like my Virgo rising. I am often told I seem shy or stand-offish. I have not been told this by other people, but I have a tendency to be high-strung or nervous in a lot of situations. At work I've been told I am good at peace-keeping and staying calm, i.e. in situations with angry people (I'm a receptionist). At times I come across to others as younger than I am. I'm fairly slim and usually I have a rather serious expression about me. I slouch a lot. I have light-ish straight brown hair naturally and I like to wear it down and keep it long. Right now it's almost half-way down my back. I'm considering dyeing it platinum blonde or ombre blonde (again). I have 5 ear piercings and a nose stud.

One thing that comes up often is Virgo risings being health conscious and taking good care of their bodies. I don't feel that applies to me. I most often don't exercise and I usually eat what I want whether it's a good choice or not. I have a terrible caffeine addiction. One summer I was eating mostly vegan and exercising at least once a week but it didn't last. I just checked over my transits at the time and I'm not sure I saw anything significant for my ascendant, but it was an emotionally terrible time (hence the self-care routine). Saturn was over my Moon/Pluto.

Ascendant aspects: Opposite Mars (orb 6d), Sextile Moon/Pluto (orb 1d), and Trine Neptune/Uranus (orbs 4/5d). My Mercury is in Aries in the 7th house.

I don't have anything in the 1st house.

Lykanized

Would you care to share your natal chart from astro.com (preferably in Placidus)?
It turns out I had been wrong about my birth time for a bit. I confused it with my sister's. This is my actual chart. Slightly different. It actually takes Mars and moon out of the 12th and into my 1st, so suppose maybe that intensifies the martian energy since it's not just conjunct
So there's no Uranus, Neptune, or Plutonian influence there unless aspects to Moon and Mars or Mercury count

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 3.58.19 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 3.58.19 AM.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 33

david starling

It turns out I had been wrong about my birth time for a bit. I confused it with my sister's. This is my actual chart. Slightly different. It actually takes Mars and moon out of the 12th and into my 1st, so suppose maybe that intensifies the martian energy since it's not just conjunct
So there's no Uranus, Neptune, or Plutonian influence there unless aspects to Moon and Mars or Mercury count

Do you enjoy playing online videogames? :unsure: