Tattoo's and Piercings

Inside Out Orange

Anyone got a feel for what astrological aspects might lead the native to getting either or both of these? They seem a lot more common these days than a decade or so ago.

nejispirit

Inside Out Orange said:
Anyone got a feel for what astrological aspects might lead the native to getting either or both of these? They seem a lot more common these days than a decade or so ago.

Well, as far as tattoos go, before this year is over I am determined to have a tattoo that represents who I am Astrologically :D; I personally have never wanted to get a tattoo, always finding the idea of being ridiculous for myself and didn't want to possibly "taint" how I look, or perhaps take away from the pure innocence of just my body. (that may sound odd, but innocence meaning unmarked by a tattoo)

But, last year I had a horrid event occur and when I came back from the hospital, I began to study Astrology- and it proved to me, despite horrible injuries, that I can adeptly learn a new subject and begin to help spread the knowledge of it to others who are intrigued by it as I. So now I want to mark myself for having "achieved" this and proven to myself once again that I am a capable young woman can learn virtually anything I put my mind to.

I have only two piercings, both my ears, and might get an eyebrow or nose piercing in the near future.

I'm really not sure what aspects could make a person want that, let me look at my friend's chart whom has many a piercing: well, she has an Aries Jupiter in the 8th, so perhaps this helped her to be more inclined to do something almost occultish/unique, helps her be more open minded in that way?

Her rising is Virgo and she has a Virgo moon in the first house, I'm not sure how that would play out for wanting so many piercings :confused:.

Raindrops

Hmm, a friend of mine just went out and got a facial piercing. He was in a marriage with a girl who was very conservative. He has a tight Virgo Venus square Uranus aspect. Also a tight venus square Jupiter. After several years of marriage, imo, he wanted to "break free" of the marriage and be a "wild card." He sold his car for a sports car, began dressing "gothic" and had a ring put through his lip. When they reunite, he becomes conservative again. I think its the squared venus.

--------

As for those in society: I think that people who get facial piercings (such as a lip bars, eyebrow bars or 20 ear piercings) might have an afflicted venus or a venus in its fall. When I sit close to my friends who have eyebrow rings, I can see these gaping holes in their face from the weight of the jewelry. I often think that I would not want to see a gaping hole in my face.

Perhaps I am incorrect, but I have noticed: The people who choose to put gaping holes through their bodies are the same people whose homes or rooms are untidy -OR- decorated in a style which assaults the senses. They'll have one RED wall, one BLACK wall... or they are capable of ignoring their surroundings altogether. When they purchase furniture, they seem to be magnetized to the pieces that has some "odd" or "unusual" quality to it. Such as rescuing a trashed dental chair (with rust) because its "cool" and using it as a center piece in their room. Their taste is very unusual.

I certainly do not want to offend anyone.

I still think it has to do with the shape of the venus. Note: My best friend who is an interior decorator (and who would not touch piercings or tattoos, LOL) has an afflicted venus: Taurus Venus square pluto. This square gives her an unquenchable "lust" for (really) beautiful things.

So the sign may be very important as well.

Last edited:
My partner has said he will get my name tattooed on his arm, I don't think I would get a tattoo, but never say never. I am not sure why this is in psychological astrology, although in different cultures it can be used for decorative and spiritual purposes, gang members get them, like those tear tattoos. Here is a man tattooed all over http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lTpEtSc4Er8 not sure astrologically what it would be as we are talking body art, usually creative people.

Maybe I should get a Pisces tattoo lol

taesa101103w.jpg

emotionality

Raqindrops,
As for those in society: I think that people who get facial piercings (such as a lip bars, eyebrow bars or 20 ear piercings) might have an afflicted venus or a venus in its fall.

Perhaps I am incorrect, but I have noticed: The people who choose to put gaping holes through their bodies are the same people whose homes or rooms are untidy -OR- decorated in a style which assaults the senses. They'll have one RED wall, one BLACK wall... or they are capable of ignoring their surroundings altogether. When they purchase furniture, they seem to be magnetized to the pieces that has some "odd" or "unusual" quality to it. Such as rescuing a trashed dental chair (with rust) because its "cool" and using it as a center piece in their room. Their taste is very unusual.

I certainly do not want to offend anyone.
Don't worry this one isn't offend :) I would like to remark on your comments though.I have 2 eyebrow piercings ( formerly 3 ),nose piecing,2 ear piercings on each ear,tongue piercing , I have had a labret piercing which I currently do not have, and yes I even have both nipples pierced.No tats though ( all though if I had unlimited resources I would have one pertaining to my sign actually )

When people see me ..they don't normally see my piercings ..I don't look intimating or "scary" or industrial or anything like that.

I personally do not choose to decorate in a way that assaults the senses.I do like restoring things but I have a very traditional sense with furniture and design ..shabby chic , country home coziness with a touch of elegance and eclecticism is more my style.

Give me a four poster bed,chandelier and some wainscoting and crown molding over a rusty dental chair any day :) You seem to make the connection that having body mods makes someone "avant garde" or somthing of the like or like avante garde things or surroundings.Which granted many do .. but there are some that do not :)

As for Venusian aspects?I always though my venus was in pretty good shape in Libra ,sun conjunct venus ,mercury conjunct venus,venus sextile uranus..I didn't think those were "bad" or "afflicted" part of the reason I even say so is to find out if maybe I do and I didn't know it :D

Raindrops

Emotionality -- verrrry interesting post. Actually, you can come over to my home and decorate it shabby chic any day, LOL. ;)

There must be much more to this than we are seeing aspect/sign wise.

I wonder if it has to do with the sun or ASC? The sun represents our physical body. The ASC also represents our physical appearance and how people view us. It must be tied into us altering our physical appearance. This could perhaps even be tied into the fact that some women opt to go about doing this medically -- with a plastic surgeon.

I'm just batting around random ideas.

What do all of you think?

Last edited:

archergirl

I don't have an afflicted Venus, but she is peregrine (Venus in Sagittarius). There is only a wide square (10 degrees) to Pluto and a wide conjunction (9 degrees) with my Sun.

I've had both nostrils pierced at varying times, my navel pierced, and two holes in both ears...but my body really, really doesn't like having metal of any sort in it, I discovered. I have a tendency to get keloids, so had to take them all out. The only holes that don't reject metal are the very first ear-holes I had done when I was twelve.:D

No tattoos yet; but I'm planning on a good 'un when I turn 40 in a year or so.

I actually have rather simple decorative taste; it runs to 'Moroccan' (kilims, rich reds, and lanterns), but I'd hardly call it extreme. I like booze posters from the 1920s...in fact, I collect them.

AG:)

Ebenia

Well, I have quite good example: I have Venus in Aquarius squaring Pluto in Scorpio. Aquarius is interestied in everythin new and different, Scorpio is all about piercing, "dark" stuff and so on. I have a tongue piercing at the moment, but I will probably get something more.

But because of my ASC Taurus, and love for delicate, luscious beauty, it somehow prevents me for not to go "too far" with my piercings, cause I still want to look beautiful in "ordinary way", but Venus in Aquarius makes me still want something little bit different. :)

Inside Out Orange

nejispirit said:
I personally have never wanted to get a tattoo, always finding the idea of being ridiculous for myself and didn't want to possibly "taint" how I look, or perhaps take away from the pure innocence of just my body. (that may sound odd, but innocence meaning unmarked by a tattoo)

That's exactly it for me when I look at others. I'd much prefer to see someone as they are. I don't even particularly like jewellry in the form of rings and necklaces etc. My gut feeling is that it has something to do with the Virgo-Pisces axis of perfectionism-idealism.

For me, there's also a factor of non-commitment (especially with the tattoos). In fact, I don't even really like wearing labelled clothing which imply that I belong to a particular group. That's almost certainly my Aquarian Mars.

I think Mars is a common theme for piercings, as mentioned, knives and cutting, a strong Mars maybe. Also the usage of the ASC is a good one, Aries rising for example.

I think we have to look to why people get pierced.

For example:
Tribalism - Aries
Exploration - Scorpio
Fetishistic and sexual - things like Mars in Aqu/Cap or Eros in Aqu/Cap for alternative or "kinky"/restrictive.
Beauty and symmetry placements of piercings - Libra maybe
...and maybe an emphasis in the birth chart as to where the piercing will occur. For example, I think ears are ruled by Saturn for example.

Interesting theory re afflicted Venus. Re gaping holes left by piercing, wouldn't you say it is the equivalent of scarring --> Mars.

Tattoos - combination of Saturn (permanence and skin), Pluto (transformation), Neptune (creativity).

nejispirit

Inside Out Orange said:
That's exactly it for me when I look at others. I'd much prefer to see someone as they are. I don't even particularly like jewellry in the form of rings and necklaces etc. My gut feeling is that it has something to do with the Virgo-Pisces axis of perfectionism-idealism.

For me, there's also a factor of non-commitment (especially with the tattoos). In fact, I don't even really like wearing labelled clothing which imply that I belong to a particular group. That's almost certainly my Aquarian Mars.
Haha, yes same here with the Virgo-Pisces axis; I am a Virgo ascendant with a Neptune ruled 7th, also with an afflicted Neptune so I do have high ideals of how I present myself to the world, but this year has changed what I want;

Right now I am struggling with high ideals though in other matters so ;)

Last edited:

Nexus7

Scarification, piercing, tattooing - these all alter the skin, so that is quite Saturn, they could be a mark of deviance 'I want to be different' so that could be Uranus. Every goth magazine I came across at one time had something about piercings in them, with the guru of such things being Jonathan P Orridge. Just in case anyone could rustle up a chart for him.

He was not just piercings for tongues and bellies, but ampallangs - erm, a good dictionary could probably elucidate there, but let's just say that maybe now, we are getting into more Plutonic territory...

Maybe, if the thing hurts and disfigures, Mars, and maybe Mars/Saturn challenging apsects would apply, and if they disfigure, as a general statement, maybe afflictions to Venus really could be suspected: but such things may make the owner of such things more attractive to a possible partner, than less.

One more possibility comes to mind, as after all, it does something to he integrity of the skin, violates Saturn you could say, and as a 'deviant' thing, then maybe it is Chiron thing? And, of course, it is something that does truly 'wound' in piercing the skin, and isn't deliberate wounding of the body part of a lot of Shamanistic rites of passage?

Who here has pierced or tattooed and has Chiron to either Mars or Venus?

cph

Inside Out Orange said:

Another pisces-virgo axis (pisc asc/virgo desc) person nodding her head here. I also don't like visible labels and branding, i thought it was just my cap sun considering it bad taste, never thought it might have something to do with mars aquarius, and drive for originality, too. Interesting.

nejispirit

cph said:
Another pisces-virgo axis (pisc asc/virgo desc) person nodding her head here. I also don't like visible labels and branding, i thought it was just my cap sun considering it bad taste, never thought it might have something to do with mars aquarius, and drive for originality, too. Interesting.

I think to myself now a days, gee when I have the money am I really going to do that and blame my Virgo-Pisces axis; both want some sort of "perfection" (Ascendant, Virgo wants physical "perfection" and Pisces, DC, wants "relationship" perfection- so the Virgo one talks to me about how I shouldn't get it for physial perfection and then the Pisces one tells me a guy might not like it (yes silly I know, but Neptune :rolleyes:).

I am fighting internally over it, I want to be "different" and "unique", so I let my Aries energies drown them out; at times it works but lately it hasn't :cool:.

MarieCamery

Before, when she was younger- I wouldn't think a Virgo rising would be so extreme fashion. My teenager has natal retrograde Venus in Aries (in its detriment). She is Virgo rising. Jupiter is in the first house in libra. She is an Aries sun. She has the wide ear piercings, Pink hair and eyebrows.She is coming with to great gramma 90th bday at the retirement home this month,and I think shes gonna turn alot of heads as usual.--------

Last edited: