Help me with Lilith

dioscorides

Hi,

I am new to this site but have been studying astrology informally for 30 years or so. One of my closest frriends and spiritual advisors is a professional astrologer in NY City who has taught me a thing or two. He though, unfortunately doesn't use Chiron or Lilith in interpreting natal charts.

I get what Chiron is saying to me in my chart - no problem there. Barbara Hand Clow sorted me out on that one, A-OK.

But, I have a chart done for me by a Zoe Stewart in the Boston area, approx 25-30 years ago, before the internet, etc. This natal chart shows Lilith in the 5th House in Capricorn. It is in opposition to my natal moon in the 11th House in Cacer. Lilith is also square to my dragon nodes, and quincunx to my Sun, in Gemini, in the 10th House of career, where the Sun is also conjunct to Mercury (7 degrees).

The most other significant aspects to Mercury for my chart are a quincunx to Jupiter in the 4th House cusp, opposite the Immun Coeli, and Mercury is also trine to Chiron in the 6th House in Aquarius.

Can someone help me with some interpretation of what Lilith means for me, my psyche, my relationship to women, my anima, mother, the Goddess, etc. - by being opposed to my moon in the 11th House - I have searched all over the web and can't find anyone who has posted, anything on Lilith in opposition to the Moon.

I also get that there are varying interpretations of Lilith, archetypally, and sidearally. There are gobs of good information on the web about the Lilith archetype, and for more general house and planetary aspects. I have availed myself of many good sites for more general information and am beginning understand some of the more general concepts.

If anyone with charting tools is out there and wants to input my data in their program - I am male, bron 6/8/1959, Ann Arbor, Michigan at 10:59 AM.
If you could help me understand how Lilith, or Black Moon Lilith or Priapus, or asteroid Lilith is posited in my chart and what it might mean I would greatly appreciate it.

I am sincerely humbled by the profound wisdom in astrology, and I beg of you, your kind and compassionate help in enlightening me to these Lilith related aspects of my natal chart.

Thank you so much,
Dioscorides

With Lilith conjunct your Sun your have or had problems expressing your own emotions easily and a there is also a lot of emotional confusion in your life which can become a cause you a lot of problems. You may live life alone and closed emotionally. You could be drawn into situations where others release their negative emotions towards you reinforceing your closed emotions. If you feel this is you, get help and work on the issues. This is related to issues you had with your mother in this life or the previous.

With Lilith in Capricorn you have a strong desire for fame, status and power. You may place yourself at some serious disadvantage because you do not grasp the role of fame, status and power, or create problems for yourself because you simply refuse to admit their significance in your life. There may be a tendency to try to change others, and even an inclination to suppress their personal values; this placing therefore often indicates problems within partnerships. Autonomy is important to you, but happiness may flow from also giving it to others.

With Lilith in the 5 You have a lot of charisma, you are inclined to misjudge your children. If you do not use your intuition and wisdom, serious misunderstandings may develop. This placing can indicate manipulation by one side, or even by both parties. Romance will come, but not from the one's you want most. You may feel your true love is taken.

I find were Lilith is place in the chart is where you have the most problems in life. Lilith creates issues and problems to consistently test our morals and integrity and to push us forward. With out problems we would not try to better our selves and our lives.

Jamisyn

I've been looking for good in depth info on Lilith forever! There isn't much of it out there, but, like you, I'm convinced it has a much bigger impact than it gets credit for, especially in synastry! To my understanding it's influence is like that of a female version of Pluto, or a "woman scorned". It's supposed to be the dark side of your moon/emotional nature.

Anyways, this is the best article I've found on it http://theinnerwheel.com/2011/08/26/some-thoughts-on-the-black-moon/

Let me know if you find anything better though! I can somwhat relate since mine's in my 8th house :unsure:

Being an astrologer. Most people do not come to you if there happy. So when some asks for a reading the first things I look at are Lilith, Saturn and Pluto. Checking aspects, transit, progressions and shadow transits to the big three. Most of the time it does not take look to see what is going on.

The key is not to hate them. It to figure out what they want you to learn and embrace the energy so to come out the other side a better person.

Lilith is like a bad girl that is part of a cop sting operation. She teases, tempts us, frustrates us. Her goal is to test our well power, morals, integrity and ethics. She puts us in challenging situation to see if we will take the easy way out.

She causes you to loss your term paper, then tempts you in buy one off the Internet.

She is the one that causes you best friend to through herself at your boy friend and waits to see what he will do.

She takes away all your money to see if you will lie, cheat or steal to feed yourself.

I find aspect like Conjunction, sextile, trines tend to be more bad than oppositions and squares with Lilith. I think because with oppositions and squares we are resisting her energy.

R4VEN

Anyways, this is the best article I've found on it http://theinnerwheel.com/2011/08/26/some-thoughts-on-the-black-moon/

Let me know if you find anything better though! I can somwhat relate since mine's in my 8th house :unsure:
Jamisyn, thank you for that link. My jaw was dropping as I read it - so-o much truth there. (Mine is early in Pisces in the 2nd, quintile Jupiter, so it is like a gaping wound.)

I have found this link very comprehensive re Lilith through the signs:
http://tribes.tribe.net/darkmoongoddesslilith/thread/a8d76b5d-4175-4e4a-b6f6-566aa0dcb407

Jamisyn

Jamisyn, thank you for that link. My jaw was dropping as I read it - so-o much truth there. (Mine is early in Pisces in the 2nd, quintile Jupiter, so it is like a gaping wound.)

I have found this link very comprehensive re Lilith through the signs:
http://tribes.tribe.net/darkmoongoddesslilith/thread/a8d76b5d-4175-4e4a-b6f6-566aa0dcb407

Yep =) Thanks for yours as well, that's actually one I haven't read before, very interesting. Lilith in Pisces & attached to Jupiter...ouch! Not an easy one. My enitre chart is hard aspects, with a very strong Pisces influence, so I feel your pain. Lol.

LionLady

Hi,

<snip>
I have a chart done for me by a Zoe Stewart in the Boston area, approx 25-30 years ago, before the internet, etc. This natal chart shows Lilith in the 5th House in Capricorn........Can someone help me with some interpretation of what Lilith means for me, my psyche, my relationship to women, my anima, mother, the Goddess, etc. - by being opposed to my moon in the 11th House - I have searched all over the web and can't find anyone who has posted, anything on Lilith in opposition to the Moon.

I also get that there are varying interpretations of Lilith, archetypally, and sidearally. <snip>
Dioscorides

Sorry - I have snipped quite a bit of your post.

The first problem is that there are two ephemerides for Dark Moon Lilith - one developed by Sepharial used in several publications around 30 years ago, and the correct one drawn up by Waldemath and available in Solar Fire software as Waldemath Black Moon. Checking this latter one gives this Lilith as being in the first 3 degrees (00.00-03.00)of Aquarius on 8th June 1959.

There are actually 3 Liliths in astrology, each with subtly different influences. There is the Dark/Black Moon Lilith, which moves approx 3 degrees per day. Then there is the Black Moon Lilith point - not an object but a point on the Luna Moon's orbit, with completely different cycles.

There is an excellent short article explaining the differences here:
http://www.astrologysoftware.com/res...lith.asp?orig=

Anything you can find on Lilith by Sue Simmonds, M Kelley Hunter, Ivy Goldstein-Jacobsen or Delphine Jay will be sound on interpretation, although the latter use the incorrect Sepharial ephemeris so their positions are wrong.

Finally, there is the asteroid Lilith. The person who has done most work on asteroids (astrologically) is Martha Westcott, although Demetra George has an excellent book on Asteroid Goddesses which deals with asteroid Lilith. She has also written several pieces on the three Liliths.

Hope this helps:bandit:

I haven't had time to put up your chart and do a proper interp for your Lilith. But if the position you have been looking at is incorrect it is highly likely - given the speed at which both bodies move - that it is NOT opposite your Luna Moon and therefore any interps based on that may be off the mark for you personally.