Cold as ice?

Starsareround

Good question. Definitely Saturn will be in the mix...have you ever met anyone with very strong capricorn/ 10th house/ Saturn...?

“...you’re willing to sacrifice our love...” lol

Saturn is about control, love is often irrelevant compared to achievement and order. Sadly they can be drawn to their opposite as we often are in this life resulting in absolute misery for the unloved Cancer type. But that’s a picture of Saturn off the rails.

Frisiangal

Good question. Definitely Saturn will be in the mix...have you ever met anyone with very strong capricorn/ 10th house/ Saturn...?

Yes; me; Moon in Cap. in 5th and 10th house Saturn.

My dearest mum was the Sun in Cap. and Moon in Taurus (my Sun sign). She wasn't the openly affectionate type, yet she would go without to provide for , and protect her kids. There'd always be a place at table for unannounced callers (read boy/girlfriends!) and I never saw her turn away anyone collecting for a cause empty-handed. Nor did I ever hear her say a mean word about anyone.

My children and their needs have always been my priority. Kisses and cuddles have always been easily forthcoming; also with the grandchildren. In fact, it's a family joke that kisses on individual Christmas presents are counted, and woebetide if the one (grand)child has more/less than another!
I have a very good, sound and stable relationship with them all. They know I'm always there for them, physically and otherwise. Time as well as love has been invested, and has reaped its reward a hundredfold.

Maybe a well-aspected Moon is responsible. Yet it increasingly 'gets my goat' when I hear the whines and moans regarding a Capricorn influence. Maybe looking in the mirror before throwing the stone might aid in seeing alternate perspectives. :wink::smile:

Starsareround

Yes; me; Moon in Cap. in 5th and 10th house Saturn.

My dearest mum was the Sun in Cap. and Moon in Taurus (my Sun sign). She wasn't the openly affectionate type, yet she would go without to provide for , and protect her kids. There'd always be a place at table for unannounced callers (read boy/girlfriends!) and I never saw her turn away anyone collecting for a cause empty-handed. Nor did I ever hear her say a mean word about anyone.

My children and their needs have always been my priority. Kisses and cuddles have always been easily forthcoming; also with the grandchildren. In fact, it's a family joke that kisses on individual Christmas presents are counted, and woebetide if the one (grand)child has more/less than another!
I have a very good, sound and stable relationship with them all. They know I'm always there for them, physically and otherwise. Time as well as love has been invested, and has reaped its reward a hundredfold.

Maybe a well-aspected Moon is responsible. Yet it increasingly 'gets my goat' when I hear the whines and moans regarding a Capricorn influence. Maybe looking in the mirror before throwing the stone might aid in seeing alternate perspectives. :wink::smile:

Hey seriously no offense...at the end I say what I described is a picture of Saturn OFF THE RAILS, in other words, the dark expression of the planet....there are many many many examples of Saturn's benevolent influence in the world. It is the image of the father, structure and containment and security. Those things are gold in this world, I get that!

In the same vein, Jupiter, the planet that everyone loves to love, can be extremely problematic in its negative expression. Think bloated egos, bloated bellies, waste and poor impulse control. Each planet has a positive and negative expression.

Last edited:

zoetic

I would expect Venus to be more involved than the Moon, because I would expect it to be more about affection or an inhibition thereof rather than about inner emotional responses. So maybe Venus in Capricorn, or Saturn squaring Venus, might manifest as an energy of limitation and control (Saturn/Capricorn) stifling an energy of love and affection (Venus).

One of the things I find interesting about the Moon/Cancer energy and the Saturn/Capricorn energy is that they're a parental pair. Moon/Cancer representing a nurturing energy traditionally associated with the mother, and Saturn/Capricorn representing a disciplining and guiding energy traditionally associated with the father.

I would second the sentiment of Starsareround, that each energy has both positive and negative ways of manifesting.

I'm curious as to why you're asking this question. Is there something in your chart, or someone else's chart, that has been interpreted as indicating a "cold" personality and you're not seeing it manifested in that person's life? Or are you thinking about a person you see as cold and wondering how that might show up in their chart? Or something else?

I have an Aquarius Moon and people never described me as cold. I need my distance and often prefer to be alone and silent, so you would not find me partying all nicht or constantly hanging out with friends. My moon conjuncts Neptune, which adds deep emotions and sympathy towards others. But I would personally say that Aquarius is also a very sympathetic and caring sign.

spiritwoman

I have two friends one is Sun in Capricorn with Venus in Aquarius the other one is Sun in Aquarius with Venus in Capricorn, they are as cold as ice, very rational, detached and sometimes can even bully others....