Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

Asked J.A. about having any tattoos on the other random thoughts thread. Didn't get a definitive answer, but the response was some nice memes of psilocybin mushrooms!

Why would you want to tap into your feelings?

I dunno. It’s like there’s a disconnect and a frustration that I can’t puzzle my way out of. Plus being closer to my feelings and intuition should help me further meditation practice etc. These are all assumptions. It’s like there’s an untapped resource behind a membrane that I can’t quite access.

Ukpoohbear

I believe each soul has a "soulbrain" and "soulbody" that continues to exist after death and is alive even though the physical body stops working or dies in the sense that it is of "eternal substance" to frame it in a comprehensible way to our physical brains.

So loss of physical function does not lead to death of the soul as much as physical death does not lead to death of the soul if we define death as loss of existence from my perspective.

Y

Ynnest, hows it going my man? You been sitting in your brown Laz-Y boy chair drinking Corona and setting the world to rights again??

Ukpoohbear

Souls can be seen, therefore they are bodies unto themselves. The soul experiences death when it departs from the body, so it isn't technically immortal.

Energy can’t die though. Any thoughts on what happens to the soul after death? I’m guessing you take a Christian perspective, which means soul wait until the Coming of Christ? Also, have you ever seen a soul?

petosiris

Banned
Says who? Any reference that is? :unsure:

The Logos was in the heart of the earth for 3 days and 3 nights with Abraham, Lazarus and the thief who acknowledged his sin and the righteousness of Jesus - Luke 16:19-31, 23:43, 23:46. John in the Holy Spirit saw the souls of some or all martyrs in heaven (which is a different place from Sheol) - Rev. 6:9. Moses writes that the departure of the soul occurs at death - Genesis 35:18, for example Jacob also goes down to Sheol - Genesis 37:35.

(Now I know there are some problems with defining death in certain extreme cases, however even in those extreme cases where there may be some doubt, after few hours or at a certain stage, the death would be certain. In my country we had a ''dead'' person found alive in the morgue a few days ago. That is a mistake of doctors, not a miraculous resurrection or a return of the soul to the body.)

leomoon

Says who? Any reference that is? :unsure:

I read a book a ton of years ago, (probably in the late 70s early 80s) which was in the library and is still around. It was titled, "The Great Soul Trial" and as it turned out, I actually live near where this occurred now.

The background is a man who spent his life having come from Germany moved to Arizona to find gold in the very mysterious Superstition Mountains.
He managed to find quite a bit of it, and left a fortune to whoever could prove the existence of a soul.

Many organizations tried to fulfill the requirement of the court and trustee - overseen by the court in Arizona. Some of them you've probably heard of and probably most of them as they were well known organizations. Only one of them was an organization started by the Scottish psychic who helped start the American Psychical Research Organization.

http://speccoll.library.arizona.edu/collections/great-soul-trial-collection

The Great Soul Trial was first held in Phoenix, Arizona in 1967 and went to retrial in 1971. The purpose of the trial was to honor the will of James Kidd that left money to fund scientific research that provided proof of a human soul that leaves the body at the time of death. The collection contains correspondence, claimant materials, press clippings, photographs, publications, and oversize materials collected by Justice Robert Myers who presided over The Great Soul Trial in 1967 and when the case went to retrial in 1971.

from a Reviewer on Amazon:
5.0 out of 5 stars THE FASCINATING STORY OF A COURT THAT RULED ON THE EVIDENCE FOR THE SOUL
Reviewed in the United States on April 19, 2013 John Grant Fuller, Jr. (1913 - 1990) was a New England-based American author who wrote books such as Incident at Exeter, the Interrupted Journey: Two Landmark Investigations of Ufo Encounters Together in One Volume , Ghost Of Flight 401 , We Almost Lost Detroit , etc.
This 1969 book tells the story of prospector James Kidd, who in 1949 left an estate of $270,000, directed toward "research or some scientific proof of a soul of the human body which leaves at death..." 134 organizations and individuals filed a claim on Kidd's estate, and a court had to adjudicate which was capable of producing the most convincing existence for the soul.

Fuller wrote in the Preface to this 1969 book, "Because of James Kidd's passionate curiosity, a battalion of lawyers, a cluster of highly regarded universities, several thoroughly reputable scientific institutions, a state board of regents, a swarm of journalists, and a large trail of camp-followers and mystics went into action... the story ... belongs to everyone who has a thirst and curiosity ... about what might happen to the individual human consciousness and personality when it steps over the doorsill we call Death. It is still the most important and fascinating question that anyone can imagine." (Pg. ix-x)

He notes that the judge "emphasized that the business at hand was strictly legal court procedure, and would not bear on the question of the soul itself... This Court is concerned only with the legal problems of the will, whether anyone can prove the soul scientifically to the Court, or will research the existence of the soul." (Pg. 46)

Of parapsycholgist Gardner Murphy's testimony, Fuller observes, "Dr. Murphy's was a strange position, holding firmly to the rigid objectivity of science, soaring further than many scientists dared in order to probe seemingly imponderable questions... Yet there was evidence---continuing, nagging, unassailable evidence---that was being ignored by much of science and philosophy, that could not in all justice and reason be ignored. But evidence is not proof. And therein lay the rub." (Pg. 107)

He recounts, "Regardless of what was emerging from the testimony ... the whole canvas of the exciting scientific search for the secret of the human mind was emerging as the trial continued. The James Kidd will was often lost sight of, understandably, in the information being unfolded by the research probers of the mind. The court audience responded with rapt attention as the new scientific methods were discussed and revealed." (Pg. 163) The estate was originally awarded to the Barrow Neurological Institute, but a later court reversed this and gave the money to the American Society for Psychical Research. (This was done years after Fuller's book was published.)

Fuller was always a fascinating writer, and this book should appeal to anyone interested in the question of life after death, psychical research, or the paranormal in general.

https://www.amazon.com/GREAT-SOUL-TRIAL-Gripping-Prospector/dp/B000OFY16A

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Energy can’t die though. Any thoughts on what happens to the soul after death? I’m guessing you take a Christian perspective, which means soul wait until the Coming of Christ? Also, have you ever seen a soul?

I take a perspective that is based on the Bible, which is slightly different from a mainstream perspective.

I currently hold to the belief that the souls of the holy ones are in a (literal) subterranean place called ''Abraham's bosom'' where they await the first resurrection at the coming of Jesus, the exception being the souls of martyrs that are currently in the third heaven who will come from above at the same resurrection. I hold that the souls of the wicked are in a lower place, called ''of torment'', there being a great chasm between the two subterranean places. The people in this place await the second resurrection that will be a thousand years after the advent - Rev. 20.

I have made myself a drawing to show the location of these places without scale - https://i.imgur.com/XRNfJpq.png

I haven't seen a soul, it is enough for me to read that John saw some souls in the Spirit - Revelation 6:9, and I know that his oracle is trustworthy.

I believe that everything can appear, disappear and be reconfigured at the will of the Almighty, whichever natural laws he chooses to implement by his Word.

Last edited:

leomoon

Sorry, correction: Eileen Garrett was from Ireland not Scotland - and started a different organization - which I don't know if they tried to get the money from the will - but I think now, the above referenced winner was a different organization then her's......

Eileen Garrett regarded her trance controls as "principles of the subconscious" formed by her own inner needs.[5] She founded the Parapsychology Foundation in New York City in 1951

The author of the "Great Soul Trial" John Fuller also wrote a biography on Eileen Garrett. I use to read ALL his books back then...:wink: He was a great author, easy to read and enjoyable keeping you on the edge of your seat...with his true stories.

More info on James Kidd:

James Kidd was a gold prospector who came to Arizona in 1920. In 1949 he disappeared somewhere in the Superstition Mountains. Several years later, it was discovered that he had left a will, creating a trust, in a safety deposit box at the First National Bank of Arizona. The value of trust was worth $175,000 in 1964.
Featured Cases | Maricopa County Justice Museum and ...

justicemuseum.org/featured-cases

1. JAMES KIDD: MISSING – The Lost Dutchman Goldmine

www.thelostdutchmangoldmine.com/lost-dutchman/james-kidd-missinghttps://www.bing.com/search?q=james...32&sk=&cvid=6643800CF0E7457FA629936CAE76E59B#
    Jun 23, 2013 · James Kidd, prospector, miner, spiritualist, ghost chaser, and eccentric left a small fortune behind to anyone who could prove the existence of a visual soul, and yet his spirit still roams the Superstition Wilderness. By Tom Kollenborn (c) 1988
James Kidd (1879–1949) was an American prospector who disappeared in 1949, only to have his will discovered eighteen years later by the Estate Tax Commissioner of Arizona. His request that his estate be gifted to "a research or some scientific proof of a soul of the human body which leaves at death" sparked a number of court cases and set a precedent for the seriousness of psychical organisations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Kidd_(prospector)

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
The thread is strictly text @leomoon.

It is my personal opinion that mediums and necromancers talk with demons 99+% of the time and that God does not allow random people to disturb the rest (or punishment?) of our relatives.

Ukpoohbear

I take a perspective that is based on the Bible, which is slightly different from a mainstream perspective.

I currently hold to the belief that the souls of the holy ones are in a (literal) subterranean place called ''Abraham's bosom'' where they await the first resurrection at the coming of Jesus, the exception being the souls of martyrs that are currently in the third heaven who will come from above at the same resurrection. I hold that the souls of the wicked are in a lower place, called ''of torment'', there being a great chasm between the two subterranean places. The people in this place await the second resurrection that will be a thousand years after the advent - Rev. 20.

I have made myself a drawing to show the location of these places without scale - https://i.imgur.com/XRNfJpq.png

I haven't seen a soul, it is enough for me to read that John saw some souls in the Spirit - Revelation 6:9, and I know that his oracle is trustworthy.

I believe that everything can appear, disappear and be reconfigured at the will of the Almighty, whichever natural laws he chooses to implement by his Word.

Thank you very much for the explanation. I enjoy learning about the actual mechanisms of the bible, away from a mainstream perspective.

You won’t believe in reincarnation obviously but since God creates God and Evil, and even Evil has a purpose, I wonder what happens to those souls who really had no control over whether the universe Ben sent to hell or not.

I do believe God can see our heart though, but there is so much gray area and then a larger purpose to evil, that I wonder how you can truly not believe in reincarnation or a chance to repent or develop into a good soul, at least in another life time, since I can understand that people don’t really change.

leomoon

The thread is strictly text @leomoon.

It is my personal opinion that mediums and necromancers talk with demons 99+% of the time and that God does not allow random people to disturb the rest (or punishment?) of our relatives.

Whoops! When I captured the quote, the image came with it. Sorry about that. I managed to erase it. Hope everyone is HAPPIER now :)

I can't imagine your type of belief system quite honestly. Its too far distant from my own, but I do believe "to each their own"....as I have a strong independent Uranus exalted in the 11th in air cj. my NN (hope Astro words are okay) :crying:

leomoon

I happen to have a very strong connection with the dream life and because of my lifelong interest in dreams I wrote 2 Dream books on Kindle.

My maternal grandfather died in 1966 December, and the following week or two later, I turned 20 yrs of age.

He is the only dead relative I haven't had a dream of who I was halfway close to and I always wondered why in the back of my mind although I don't think of him everyday like I might others such as my mother etc.

Last dream of early A.M. today I recall my late grandmother saying to me, "Granddad said you visit him often in your dreams? ".....

Thats all I recalled from that dream. I am troubled by the fact I have no recall either of the entire dream OR of when I might visit him. But I found it quite intriguing indeed.

:innocent:

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Thank you very much for the explanation. I enjoy learning about the actual mechanisms of the bible, away from a mainstream perspective.

You won’t believe in reincarnation obviously but since God creates God and Evil, and even Evil has a purpose, I wonder what happens to those souls who really had no control over whether the universe Ben sent to hell or not.

I do believe God can see our heart though, but there is so much gray area and then a larger purpose to evil, that I wonder how you can truly not believe in reincarnation or a chance to repent or develop into a good soul, at least in another life time, since I can understand that people don’t really change.

Studying Luke 12:35-48, especially the end should answer your questions about the Lord's judgement - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke 12:35-48&version=ESV

petosiris

Banned
I happen to have a very strong connection with the dream life and because of my lifelong interest in dreams I wrote 2 Dream books on Kindle.

My maternal grandfather died in 1967 December, and the following week or two later, I turned 20 yrs of age.

He is the only dead relative I haven't had a dream of who I was halfway close to and I always wondered why in the back of my mind although I don't think of him everyday like I might others such as my mother etc.

Last dream of early A.M. today I recall my late grandmother saying to me, "Granddad said you visit him often in your dreams? ".....

Thats all I recalled from that dream. I am troubled by the fact I have no recall either of the entire dream OR of when I might visit him. But I found it quite intriguing indeed.

:innocent:

Do you believe that all your visions come from your relatives, or do you think they are influenced by your daily life and interests - your imagination?

leomoon

Do you believe that all your visions come from your relatives, or do you think they are influenced by your daily life and interests - your imagination?

I've come to believe as Mr. Cayce said, that when we see dead souls, its really them. But I don't ask others to believe as I do either.

I've received too many messages (after death ones), to not take it at face value...things my mind or heart didn't even conceive of.

Not sure if seen by my 9th house cusp in Pisces or Neptune trine Uranus & sextile Pluto. Jupiter in water but Scorpio 21st deg. sextile Sun & Mars perhaps aids.

Perhaps the vedic chart would be more enlightening in this respect.:surprised:
added:

I decided just now to look on a chart constructed for 5A.M. the time of the dream best I can recall - and use asteorids for their names, as I found one for my grandmother (whose name is unusual for this part of the world) but found it anyway. One for my grandfather whose name is common enough for all parts of the world (Mitchel in French Michel ) ...

This is interesting...
The Moon is in the 3rd house of the chart 04°Sag and trine my grandmother's name in the 10th with Uranus in the 8th opposite Mercury (ruler of the 12th) in the same 9th degree along with 9 deg.Juno (female)

The 9th and 12th are both ruled by Mercury with my grandfather's asteorid name in the 9th in the 29th degree..

I'll have to think about this further.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
I've come to believe as Mr. Cayce said, that when we see dead souls, its really them. But I don't ask others to believe as I do either.

I've received too many messages (after death ones), to not take it at face value...things my mind or heart didn't even conceive of.

Not sure if seen by my 9th house cusp in Pisces or Neptune trine Uranus & sextile Pluto. Jupiter in water but Scorpio 21st deg. sextile Sun & Mars perhaps aids.

Perhaps the vedic chart would be more enlightening in this respect.:surprised:
added:

I decided just now to look on a chart constructed for 5A.M. the time of the dream best I can recall - and use asteorids for their names, as I found one for my grandmother (whose name is unusual for this part of the world) but found it anyway. One for my grandfather whose name is common enough for all parts of the world (Mitchel in French Michel ) ...

This is interesting...
The Moon is in the 3rd house of the chart 04°Sag and trine my grandmother's name in the 10th with Uranus in the 8th opposite Mercury (ruler of the 12th) in the same 9th degree along with 9 deg.Juno (female)

The 9th and 12th are both ruled by Mercury with my grandfather's asteorid name in the 9th in the 29th degree..

I'll have to think about this further.

I admire you. People who have insights, or visions or whatever they are, are usually not comfortable talking about it with people that want to discuss the negativity of what they perceive of your reality.

The ability to discuss without demeaning the other side, is way more difficult than the position of the person that casts ignorant accusations based on their narrow opinionated barbs.

Mine are, flashes of knowledge. Clarity. Inventions. I used to not see them as seeing. But, technically, that is what they are.

Kudos, my friend.

Last edited: