Eighth house of horrors: growing into it?

Lykanized

Anyone with a 8th house sun/moon and 4th house Pluto in Libra - something to do with death and medical problems - is a horror feature for anyone's natal charts. Then I have my ruling planet Uranus (Im an Aquarius) in Scorpio. And finally, the morbid black moon Lilith conjunct Saturn, Jupiter and Mars in 3rd.
3rd house Pluto tho, and in Scorpio. That one's a trip

Osamenor

Staff member
I don't like to view the 8th house as the house of horrors, as some house to be avoided or wary of . I think every house has its possible horrors and graces. 8th house rules more than just horrors after all

Oh, I agree. When I titled this thread "eighth house of horrors," I was being rather tongue-in-cheek. Referencing the (potential) connection between me being an eighth house native and my love of horror fiction of the psychological and supernatural ilk. Not saying the eighth house is nothing but horror.

Lykanized

Oh, I agree. When I titled this thread "eighth house of horrors," I was being rather tongue-in-cheek. Referencing the (potential) connection between me being an eighth house native and my love of horror fiction of the psychological and supernatural ilk. Not saying the eighth house is nothing but horror.
If my baby sister has this placement, sun in the 8th, do you think there's anything i should watch out for in her? As mentioned, she has a Scorp rising, but not much other major influence from Pluto

Osamenor

Staff member
If my baby sister has this placement, sun in the 8th, do you think there's anything i should watch out for in her? As mentioned, she has a Scorp rising, but not much other major influence from Pluto

Watch out for in her? What do you think she is, the Antichrist? Are you looking for signs?:lol:

I imagine she has a certain intensity in her life. Which, obviously, runs in the family. :tongue:

With the combination of Scorpio rising and sun in the eighth, though, she is probably a very private person. You might not ever know what's going on for her, not because she necessarily wants to keep it from you, but just because she wants to keep it private. Her intensity may be a private intensity.

Another strong likelihood with an eighth house sun is that she'll choose a line of work that serves others and/or is psychological/spiritual in nature. Maybe she'll be a psychologist, or a social worker, or a teacher. Maybe join the clergy, if she belongs to a religion where that would be feasible. Maybe she'll be a writer or a movie producer (eighth house connection to the collective unconscious, folklore, archetypes). Maybe she'll be an astrologer (eighth house suns produce a greater share of astrologers than the general population would account for).

Lykanized

Watch out for in her? What do you think she is, the Antichrist? Are you looking for signs?:lol:

I imagine she has a certain intensity in her life. Which, obviously, runs in the family. :tongue:

With the combination of Scorpio rising and sun in the eighth, though, she is probably a very private person. You might not ever know what's going on for her, not because she necessarily wants to keep it from you, but just because she wants to keep it private. Her intensity may be a private intensity.

Another strong likelihood with an eighth house sun is that she'll choose a line of work that serves others and/or is psychological/spiritual in nature. Maybe she'll be a psychologist, or a social worker, or a teacher. Maybe join the clergy, if she belongs to a religion where that would be feasible. Maybe she'll be a writer or a movie producer (eighth house connection to the collective unconscious, folklore, archetypes). Maybe she'll be an astrologer (eighth house suns produce a greater share of astrologers than the general population would account for).

No no no, I mean pain. And she's a very expressive girl emotionally actually. Water seeps through. As does the fire moon lol. I think it's a good thing though

On the contrary, I was always private and internalized

There's intensity... she's often called dramatic. Unlike me she has no qualms crying in front of people

But I can see her interest in the darkness, in death, the taboo...With her Leo moon, she's an artist but so far this interest hasn't shown in her art

The odd thing is thatI'm a Scorpio sun/Merc in my Draconic chart with Cancer ruling my 8th

Osamenor

Staff member
No no no, I mean pain. And she's a very expressive girl emotionally actually. Water seeps through. As does the fire moon lol. I think it's a good thing though

Well, eighth house is a sensitive placement. There's a discussion somewhere around here about eighth house sun people experiencing both a lot of suffering and a lot of empathy.

If she's that emotionally expressive, you're likely to know it if she's in pain. If she has a very strong water chart, particularly if that strong water chart includes a water rising sign, she's likely to feel everything intensely.