I've stopped believing in transits

Hello Kat, here is a bird's eye on your chart.

- Neptune conjoining Saturn+Ascendant - feelings of invisibility, nobody cares for me, lazy, unable to be constant

- Uranus opposing Sun - unable to focus, nothing to look forward to

- Uranus sesquisquare Venus - unreliable relationships, love comes and goes

- Uranus sesquisquare Neptune - lost in dreams, illusions that don´t come true

- Uranus=Venus/Neptune - expected love does not materialize

Obviously there are several more transits only seen thru midpoint analysis, These three do give us a fair idea of your problem. Not feeling loved and needed and not being able fix the situation as you like to.

The hardest one is Neptune who will enter your first House, this is the one you must center in or get interested in. As a student of 20 years on astrology, you can do this by accepting this Neptune transit as an opportunity in life. Not an easy transit I must admit, but a transit non the less, it will pass, you just have to wait until it goes further in to house one and "get accustomed". Study Neptune but not in the books because they all will say the same thing. Go to your friends and relatives who know you as an astrologer and talk to them on their Neptune experience, whether they had it aspecting a planet or a cusp.

You've had two similar Neptune experiences before. One when you where about 8 years of age and the other one when your where about 25-26. Recall the main event of your life in those years or ask some who remembers them.

I don't have a proven recepie for you, nobody does. I cannot say go into a spiritual fit or a creative one, but can suggest you explore the world as a newborn does, where anything and everything is true, until proven otherwise by experience. Neptune is the ruler of illusion.

Want to see how transits reveal your life? Forget about sextiles and trines, use hard aspects only and your chart will see you straight in the eye.

Kind Regards

waybread

Kay, I'd like to reinforce what others have said.

I have found Venus transits to be too light to make an impact. Usually there's some other much bigger transit going on, for good or ill, that overshadows it.

And you do have some other big transits going on: Uranus and Pluto are both involving your sun in a T-square!! Transiting Neptune and Chiron (a big Ouch factor) are hitting your Saturn/Ascendant.

Given how you've described your feelings and situation, how could you not believe in transits?

You might also check out your Black Moon Lilith both natally and by transit: she's a great spoiler.

The key is to understand each planet (as per astrologer Steven Forrest) as both a "teacher" and a "trickster." Think of the positive face of each planet, and look for ways to incorporate more of its positive energies into your life. These may feel like sublimation or baby-steps, but trust me, they really will help over time.

By house and the nature of the planet involved:

Pluto asks you to clear out anything metaphorically dead or dying in your life. Clean the basement, shed unsupportive relationships, or drop self-defeating behaviours, for example.

Uranus tests your ability to "go with the flow" during periods of sudden change. For Uranus, do things that are completely out of character. Ask where and how you could benefit from getting out of a rut and liberating some part of yourself.

Neptune tests your ability to live with a lot of uncertainty. You don't know what is real and what is unreal: how do you steer a straight course? Can you develop a healthy spirituality or find catharsis in your art (writing)? How do you avoid escapism, or learn to indulge in small healthy doses of escapism?

Chiron is the pain that doesn't heal, but it can confer a lot of wisdom and helpful sympathy for other people.

Best wishes for your journey, W.

Last edited:

Kenoshamaensa

I'm fine, I've just been very busy and lack energy.

I wouldn't worry too much. While I may sometimes feel suicidal, my chances of following through on it are small.

I'll post more later, although one quick answer. Rushwing asked what my Venus is ... Leo, at 16 degrees, 6th house.
(Just for reference, my chart is linked in my signature. :) )

Claire19

Please hang in there. You never know what is around the corner in life.
I hope you are getting medical help just go tide you over your bad times.

Transits and progressions only work when there is a natal promise.
Many make the mistake of not recognising that.....Always the birth chart has to be triggered off and that is the basis of prediction....I dont use solar arcs or any other than secondary progressions and transits. There are many theories abounding and you can get lost in all of the methods. Misinterpretation is at the basic of skepticism regarding astrology and not everyone is adept... It takes much experience and expertise to truly interpret a chart......Not everyone who purports to be an astrologer, necessarily is...

Hugs and I have been where you are. I send you love and light.

Kenoshamaensa

Warning, this is long. But I'm trying to give honest answers, which are sometimes complicated, and sometimes bitter, and sometimes a little snarky. That latter isn't comfortable for the Libra Sun/Pisces Rising but ... yeah. I'm trying to be honest. I apologize in advance.

You never know what is around the corner in life.

I think the problem is that I've often looked to astrology/transits to figure that out, yet very little looks to be positive on the horizon, (major) transit wise. I have a choice of "bad" and "worse." The best major transit in my immediate future is a Saturn trine Saturn ... which will mostly serve (if I'm lucky) to offset some of the other. more ominous "issues." This may have something to do with my bitter tone, for which I apologize.

Transits and progressions only work when there is a natal promise. Many make the mistake of not recognising that.....Always the birth chart has to be triggered off and that is the basis of prediction...

I think a large part of my frustration owes TO that, actually -- supposed "natal promise." I've been *told* by professional astrologers, looking at my Mercury-Pluto/Uranus conjunction sextile Neptune w/ Sagi on the midheaven ... that I "should" be great scholar/researcher and/or writer. Yet I SEEM unable to succeed, especially as a writer (and I'm just a mediocre researcher even if I did get tenure). I've also been told since I was 12 years old (I'm 47 now) that I have a "gift" as a writer ... but have YET to see this manifest in terms of actual [real] sales. Not all telling me about my "gift" were astrologers, mind, although some were; others were professional authors.

When I look at this "report-vs-reality," my first question is, "Who's lying?" Yes, yes, I know "real life" is more complicated than that, but really, at the root of it, I'm tired of what seems to be "double-speak." Do I, or do I not, have the natal promise to write -- and if so, why can I never seem to make good ON that "natal promise"? I suppose, at the root, it amounts to: "Okay, if this IS true, then when is it 'my turn'?" Or am I just destined to fail? Please tell me now, so I can STOP trying. It's absurd. Sure, I know, "the only failure is the one who quits trying." But that's TRITE. At what point does "trying" pass from determined into just ridiculous?

We ALL know people who think they can do X and try over and over, yet everyone watching realizes they have NO TALENT, and wonder when they'll get a clue and pack it in? It's painful to watch. (Although reality TV shows like "American Idol" get a lot of mileage out of people who make idiots out of themselves on public television.) We're back to the "Who's lying?" Or at least, who's not telling the whole truth? Do I have talent, do I have any hope of success ... or do I not? And who's going to tell me the truth? Bueller? Bueller?

Again, I KNOW this sounds really bitter and mean, but that's where I'm at right now. Impatient and inclined to cut through the ****. As noted, I'm a Libra Sun, Pisces Rising, so my "natural" inclination is to NICE you to death! Ha! But I'm just not feeling it. Maybe that ol' Aries Moon of mine has the bit in her teeth. ;>

I suppose, I want to know what I have to look forward to? And just saying "everyting gets better" ... that's a platitude. Platitudes **** me off. ;p Being reminded of the importance of major transits, I went and looked at the over the next 6 months ... and they're not real promising.

Not everyone who purports to be an astrologer, necessarily is...

Ooohhh, too true. This is why, even after 15+ years, I only pretend to journeyman status, and would only ever read someone's natal chart, or synastry, as anything approaching "I know what I'm talking about." Mostly, I figure I'm an idiot. :)

- Neptune conjoining Saturn+Ascendant - feelings of invisibility, nobody cares for me, lazy, unable to be constant.

TRUE, on the sense of invisibility and that no one really cares beyond the superficial.(*) Perhaps I mis-evaluate myself, but I wouldn't say constancy is an issue. "Reliable" is my middle name. ;p I have Saturn Rising in my natal chart. I'm pretty dependable. Ha.

(*) Just a point of clarification. I am pragmatic enough to recognize that, sure, people care -- and genuinely do -- but at a tertiary level, or at most secondary. This isn't that they're "mean," but that they have their OWN lives, families, and commitments. About the only person for whom I'm "first" is my father (unsurprisingly), who's pushing 90 (!), and arguably my son, but he's a teen boy, and --again, as fitting for his age and stage of life right now -- his main focus is his own social circle ... and needs to be. He doesn't need to "take care of" his mother. He's not the parent. And I'm not about to put that on him; it's unfair and irresponsible.

But that means I have no one to lean on, emotionally; I'm not that central in anyone's life. Nor am I being a drama llama. I'm not. None of this is to say people don't care, but they have their own lives, and my problems are not their problems. I really need some emotional support, but I don't have it, and it's not on the horizon, near as I can tell. Sometimes I think if I just ONE thing that really mattered to me that could go well (sell a book, find a new love, etc.), then I could suck it up and move on. But nothing ever seems to change for the positive.

Resiliency. It's a term from psychology, and determines who "survives" emotionally from traumatic events. What can knock one person on her *** is just a blip on the radar for another. The difference ISN'T the TRAUMA itself. It's the emotional support the survivor/victim HAS. Someone who feels loved, believed in, and supported can endure the most horrific events. But someone isolated and without a sense of value ... relatively "minor" things can defeat them.

I'm alone. I need to BE the parent, to both my son AND my father in some ways. But I've got nobody to lean on, and don't seem likely to in the near future. And again, astrologically, I'm not sure it's going to change.

Now sure, I could seek a therapist. Some of you have pushed me to get medical help. But honestly? I could tell myself anything a therapist could tell -- I used to BE a therapist! (Before becoming a historian.) More, I'm paying for her expertise, and I don't have the money right now; it's not covered enough by insurance. So ... MORE STRESS. Find money to pay a counselor to tell me what I already know? No thanks. Again, I'm not trying to be a smart-***. I'm trying to be HONEST. And to be frank, that's NOT what I need.

How do I explain this? A therapist is a paid expert ... in my own field. That's like a historian hiring a historian. And while, sure, a therapist DOES care about the patient (speaking as one) ... there's a LINE there. A very IMPORTANT one. It can't get personal ... but personal is what I need right now. I don't need expert advice. I have years of school to tell me anything a professional could. I can analyze myself **** fine. I need someone to care who doesn't have to/isn't paid to. See? I don't HAVE that. And a therapist can't supply it precisely BECAUSE they're a therapist!

Again, speaking AS a former counselor, I don't want to knock getting a counselor, but that's not what I need. I know what I need, and unfortunately, it's not something I can conjure.

Latter is true.

Uh, yeah. Nothing positive on the horizon, it seems.

I would pay more attention to this, but it seems to be a generational transit rather that unique to me. e.g., I'm part of a general trend, not specific.

Joy, just what I need. Looking at my Venus Return, I'd hoped maybe if nothing else, I might find a romantic partner in the coming year, but "expected love does not materialize" would sorta contradict that, yeah?

ADDITIONALLY, an aspect coming up, that I am SO not looking forward to ... no sooner will Uranus leave the opposition to my sun than Saturn will make an opposition to my moon. WOW. Great. Talk about the ultimate wet blanket, emotionally. ;p

Obviously there are several more transits only seen thru midpoint analysis, These three do give us a fair idea of your problem. Not feeling loved and needed and not being able fix the situation as you like to.

That about sums it up.

The hardest one is Neptune who will enter your first House, this is the one you must center in or get interested in. As a student of 20 years on astrology, you can do this by accepting this Neptune transit as an opportunity in life. Not an easy transit I must admit, but a transit non the less, it will pass, you just have to wait until it goes further in to house one and "get accustomed". Study Neptune but not in the books because they all will say the same thing. Go to your friends and relatives who know you as an astrologer and talk to them on their Neptune experience, whether they had it aspecting a planet or a cusp.

First, just to clarify, I don't know that many astrologers. My experience as one is fairly isolated, except online sites like this. So I have no one to ask beyond here. But really, the other thing about this upcoming Neptune transit that worries me is the sense of being duped. So not only am I feeling depressed, BUT now I'll be susceptible to schemes and lies even MORE? As a writer, sure, maybe I could use this, but ... again, I remain skeptical. How is this going to help me when I already can't sell anything? Seems more likely to make me deluded and inclined to impossible avenues, believing that "it'll work this time" ... when it won't. Or leading me to be deceived by others. I'm EXTREMELY skeptical of "self-publishing" deals, even in the changing world of publishing. Doesn't seem like the best time to enter into anything, does it?

You've had two similar Neptune experiences before. One when you where about 8 years of age and the other one when your where about 25-26. Recall the main event of your life in those years or ask some who remembers them.

I hate to say it, but neither of those ring any real bells. At 8, the most significant events for me were losing my beloved cat, and the birth of my nephew (yes, my brother's a lot older than me). But at 25-26 ... pretty much nada. I've searched my memory, but come up with nothing unfortunately. :-( I'll ask around, but that 25-26 age range isn't really significant.

And you do have some other big transits going on: Uranus and Pluto are both involving your sun in a T-square!!

Minor correction ... Pluto isn't making a square to my sun. I'm not sure what orbs you're using, but for the ones I use, it's outside that. (Which is good, ALL I need is Pluto TOO! *grin*)

Uranus tests your ability to "go with the flow" during periods of sudden change. For Uranus, do things that are completely out of character. Ask where and how you could benefit from getting out of a rut and liberating some part of yourself.

I haven't really experienced sudden change from Uranus (so far). As for the latter ... getting out of a rut ... would be lovely, but need actual opportunity. I don't mean to sound snappish, but there isn't a lot of actual opportunity. So ... nice in theory, but in practical application ... not so viable. Unless I want to quit my job and run off into the sunset ... (hardly a good idea! Ha!).

Neptune tests your ability to live with a lot of uncertainty. You don't know what is real and what is unreal: how do you steer a straight course? Can you develop a healthy spirituality or find catharsis in your art (writing)? How do you avoid escapism, or learn to indulge in small healthy doses of escapism?

Writing affords escapism and always has. That's not really an issue. More like the "not knowing what is real and unreal" ... and not wanting -- or being able to afford -- being taken for a ride ... emotionally or financially.

I've really had it with uncertainty. I need some answers. And I am the SOLE financial support for my family. I can't *afford* to take any risks AT ALL that might be financial. And emotionally? I got out of a bitter, defeating divorce 5-6 years ago, which really extended 8 or so years before that. It involved infidelity. I can't TAKE more emotional lying. I just can't. I'm done with that. Neptune can kiss my ***. If the future is all about deception ... forget it. I'll stay in my little emotional tower. At least it's safe there.

Chiron is the pain that doesn't heal, but it can confer a lot of wisdom and helpful sympathy for other people.

The "wounded healer," yeah, I'm familiar with that. Again, I think ... I'm just tired. I'm tired of feeling like I'm the support, the reliable one, the teacher, the family Matriarch (my mother has been dead almost 15 years) ... but with nobody to lean on. Is it selfish to want that? It makes me angry to feel like I need to ask the question of whether it's selfish! A very *patriarchal* question, honestly. Women are presumed to be GIVERS in our society. And if we NEED/ask for/seek support ... what's wrong with us? We're WEAK! We're not suitable mothers/women/spouses. WTH?

I'm tired. I NEED somebody. Or some success that I can call my own. But it doesn't look like it's forthcoming.

insania

When I look at this "report-vs-reality," my first question is, "Who's lying?" Yes, yes, I know "real life" is more complicated than that, but really, at the root of it, I'm tired of what seems to be "double-speak." Do I, or do I not, have the natal promise to write -- and if so, why can I never seem to make good ON that "natal promise"? I suppose, at the root, it amounts to: "Okay, if this IS true, then when is it 'my turn'?" Or am I just destined to fail? Please tell me now, so I can STOP trying. It's absurd. Sure, I know, "the only failure is the one who quits trying." But that's TRITE. At what point does "trying" pass from determined into just ridiculous?
Hey Ken, I know exactly how you feel. I have my own thread where I rant about Saturn's influence. I am in the same hopeless situation like you are, although I don't have a child.

I also still believe in natal astrology but anything that goes into predictions is something I can no longer trust. I met several astrologists telling me how great my future will be and they were all pretty much wrong.

What really annoys me are the platitudes you get and the "it's going to be better one day" attitude. I don't want to sound like a ungratful whiny boy, but after more than a decade of negativity you kind of have enough.

I made a similar post like yours on a Tarot website, saying I no longer believe in card readings based on my negative experiences and I got banned for it. I wasn't even disrespectful.

Sweet Pea

It seems to me that you could start activating that Pluto-on-11th-house-cusp transit, by getting out there and finding a wider friendship group...out of which a "romance" might come, though no promises. When Uranus is opposing your sun, there is little chance of a lasting relationship and that is just something that has to be faced. You might have a quick, surprising, enlightening, energising, unconventional, scintillating relationship though, which will catapult you out of your depression and perhaps spring you into an entirely new way of relating to others.

They say: when the universe gives you lemons, you make lemonade, you don't try to make some other drink. Libra sun/7th house does long for a long-term companion but the timing is off right now.

Have you thought about going to your local library, community centre or any other place where people put up posters about groups and activities happening in your area? Uranus demands that you try something completely different, the more radically different to your usual habits, the better. In the process, you will meet all kinds of new people who will shake away some of the cobwebs that we all get as we settle into our ruts and habits and comfort zones.

I imagine that with your Pisces Asc conjunct Saturn, you may sit around feeling sorry for yourself a little too much (hugs...I know what it's like as I have a Pisces Moon). But you're feeding the "pain demon" or what Eckhart Tolle calls "the pain body". You can google his name and read about it. Pluto-Mercury can also obsess waaaaaaaay too much. You need to try and "get out of your own head" and the best way is to FLIP into a kind of new persona. Try something new! Shake off the repetitive bad thoughts that are just coursing round and round in your head (your aura). These can take on a life of their own and feed themselves by continually pushing you into your negative self-talk...your inner demons we could call them. Thwart them! Do not go where they want you to go...ie into a deepening spiral of despair and bitterness.

I also noticed on page 1 that you said an old friendship might become "something more". Any update on that? Are you following the guy up, manoeuvering to "bump into him", or are you waiting for him to call? :wink:

And sometimes you need to be realistic and give up on your dreams. Yeah, I know that sounds harsh. I paint pictures that I know are lovely, people say they are lovely, but I only sold one. That's just how it is. The world is full of artists, and the world is full of writers. Millions of them are talented. There just isn't the market though for everyone to make money and a living out of it. I paint for my own pleasure. Write for your own pleasure. Feed your soul that way.

You also said that you love your job, teaching. Hang onto that thought. So many people do NOT love their job and just do the daily grind to put food on their table. You must realise how very lucky you are and cherish the fact that you can go to work and enjoy yourself.

:happy:

waybread

Kay, I don't mean to sound "snappish" either, but I have to ask....

Are you expecting your horoscope and transits actually to do something for you?

They won't. It takes a certain spirit within ourselves to make things happen in our lives. As the astro-saying goes, "The stars impel, but they do not compel." This means each of us is born with certain opportunities and talents in life, as well as certain draw-backs and challenges. A fatalistic view of astrology suggests that we just sit back and let the cosmos run its course. But life doesn't work this way, in my experience.

You want to be a writer? Many people are told they have writing ability. What distinguishes them from published authors?

Have you worked with an agent or a personal editor on your completed manuscripts to bash them into shape? Taken some creative writing courses or workshops taught by published authors who will give you feedback on your work? Entered creative writing competitions? Joined any on-line writers' feed-back forums?

More than that, how do you respond to critical feedback on your work? Do you accept it and try to improve? Or do you shut it out, and go back to your same old writing habits? How many rejection letters from publishers have you accumulated? Many famous authors could paper their bedrooms with them, prior to getting the one acceptance.

You have gotten excellent and sympathetic advice on this thread (apart from me, actually.) How much of it will you actually take?

You seem so negative about everything. That is understandable, given your current situation in life. But at some point, you have to choose to move on. The stars won't do this for you. If you take those baby-steps, then you might get some realignment from the universe.

You feel that nobody cares about you. What steps are you taking to do some good for people who are desparate for some warm human contact? Like seniors in nursing homes, kids with disabilities, or homeless people. Why not volunteer at some compassionate non-profit society? Whom have you reached out to lately among your circle of neighbours, friends, and family?

Take Uranus. Take baby steps. Start with small, self-liberating steps. This can be as easy as driving a different route to the supermarket, and making a point of speaking to three total strangers once you're there. Pluto problems? Clean out your basement, if you have one. Your desk or closet if you don't. Or dig in the garden if you have some kind of yard.

Or just sit back and wonder why the universe doesn't support you.

Meanwhile, the clock is ticking......

Sorry to sound harsh, but you are strong enough to take it.

cindystubbs

I think that if you are trying to be a fiction writer, you need a "gimmick", some things are too over the heads of the masses. I hope that is what you are refering to in your post, excuse me if I'm wrong.
Almost everyone does not live up to their potential, it is that way all around you. Life can burn us up. Sometimes you run into a wall. You can't go the way you'd planned. You feel sorrow because you can't always have what you want.
"But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need."
The Rolling Stones.

Hi, I'll try to clarify those quotes made by me.

Originally Posted by Raul Quintanilla
- Neptune conjoining Saturn+Ascendant - feelings of invisibility, nobody cares for me, lazy, unable to be constant.
Kay answers:
TRUE, on the sense of invisibility and that no one really cares beyond the superficial.(*) Perhaps I mis-evaluate myself, but I wouldn't say constancy is an issue. "Reliable" is my middle name. ;p I have Saturn Rising in my natal chart. I'm pretty dependable. Ha.

Kay wrote:
(*) Just a point of clarification. I am pragmatic enough to recognize that, sure, people care -- and genuinely do -- but at a tertiary level, or at most secondary. This isn't that they're "mean," but that they have their OWN lives, families, and commitments. About the only person for whom I'm "first" is my father (unsurprisingly), who's pushing 90 (!), and arguably my son, but he's a teen boy, and --again, as fitting for his age and stage of life right now -- his main focus is his own social circle ... and needs to be. He doesn't need to "take care of" his mother. He's not the parent. And I'm not about to put that on him; it's unfair and irresponsible.

But that means I have no one to lean on, emotionally; I'm not that central in anyone's life. Nor am I being a drama llama. I'm not. None of this is to say people don't care, but they have their own lives, and my problems are not their problems. I really need some emotional support, but I don't have it, and it's not on the horizon, near as I can tell. Sometimes I think if I just ONE thing that really mattered to me that could go well (sell a book, find a new love, etc.), then I could suck it up and move on. But nothing ever seems to change for the positive.

Anyone who has Saturn so close to the Ascendant (one or two degrees), as you do, is very pragmatic and in a way a bit emotionless, meaning they are "cold" or "cool" to emotional situations happening to other. This does not mean you do not feel, only that you keep calm when someone goes through a difficult time.

Kay wrote:
Resiliency. It's a term from psychology, and determines who "survives" emotionally from traumatic events. What can knock one person on her *** is just a blip on the radar for another. The difference ISN'T the TRAUMA itself. It's the emotional support the survivor/victim HAS. Someone who feels loved, believed in, and supported can endure the most horrific events. But someone isolated and without a sense of value ... relatively "minor" things can defeat them.

I'm alone. I need to BE the parent, to both my son AND my father in some ways. But I've got nobody to lean on, and don't seem likely to in the near future. And again, astrologically, I'm not sure it's going to change.

You write you need "to BE the parent" but this is not the same as you "NEED to be the parent..." Which is it?

I´ve seen that natal Saturns, like yours, less than 2 degrees orb of conjunction to the Ascendant, makes the native seek (need?) the reward of teaching at least or taking care of other, so you can nurture them with your expertise. Saturn is so good at making things better and so involved in perfection, that you, through Saturn+Ascendant could be the one who indicates the correct way of doing things at home or indicate the proper road to walk. Gives me the impression you are the (or one of the) dominant ones when at home or with very close friends or you have the last word in a conversation.

Kay wrote:
Now sure, I could seek a therapist. Some of you have pushed me to get medical help. But honestly? I could tell myself anything a therapist could tell -- I used to BE a therapist! (Before becoming a historian.) More, I'm paying for her expertise, and I don't have the money right now; it's not covered enough by insurance. So ... MORE STRESS. Find money to pay a counselor to tell me what I already know? No thanks. Again, I'm not trying to be a smart-***. I'm trying to be HONEST. And to be frank, that's NOT what I need.

How do I explain this? A therapist is a paid expert ... in my own field. That's like a historian hiring a historian. And while, sure, a therapist DOES care about the patient (speaking as one) ... there's a LINE there. A very IMPORTANT one. It can't get personal ... but personal is what I need right now. I don't need expert advice. I have years of school to tell me anything a professional could. I can analyze myself **** fine. I need someone to care who doesn't have to/isn't paid to. See? I don't HAVE that. And a therapist can't supply it precisely BECAUSE they're a therapist!

Again, speaking AS a former counselor, I don't want to knock getting a counselor, but that's not what I need. I know what I need, and unfortunately, it's not something I can conjure.
Easy solution, don't see one as long as you are not convinced either because there is not enough money, time or whatever.

Kay answers:
Latter is true.

Kay answers:
Uh, yeah. Nothing positive on the horizon, it seems.

Kay answers:
I would pay more attention to this, but it seems to be a generational transit rather that unique to me. e.g., I'm part of a general trend, not specific.

No, this is not a "generational trend". Forget about generational trends, because as long as you take them into your astrology evaluations, you will leave behind very important data, like this one. We are trying to define what is the outcome of your natal Neptune being aspected by transiting Uranus.

If you make of this transit a so called generational trend you are missing the fact that Uranus has not yet finished making the second pass to your natal Venus, Neptune and Sun. On July 2010, Uranus Rx stationed on 00°35'Aries. Ask yourself, what happened on or around the beginning of June 2010 in my life regarding Venus, Neptune and Sun (personal friends and illusions)?

Your Venus, Neptune and Sun are "connected", they make a circuit so every time a planet make an aspect to any one of them it is doing so to the other two also. Venus, Sun, Neptune are not the only planets connected, sure you know.

Very important connections in your chart are:
Venus semisquare Sun
Sun semisquare Neptune
Venus square Neptune
Moon sesquisqaure Mercury
Moon sesqusquare Pluto
Uranus square Midheaven
Saturn conjunct Ascendant

Usually the problem is most all astrologers want to see in a trine or a sextile the solution to a problem, when the truth is 30 degree aspects do not promote the native to act, but to passivness, and without action on part of the native, to feel that we are working towards a solution to a personal problem is next to impossible. It is like sitting in the couch and yelling to the football player to run faster. If you decide to know what your next step will be you must analyze hard aspects.

Joy, just what I need. Looking at my Venus Return, I'd hoped maybe if nothing else, I might find a romantic partner in the coming year, but "expected love does not materialize" would sorta contradict that, yeah?

ADDITIONALLY, an aspect coming up, that I am SO not looking forward to ... no sooner will Uranus leave the opposition to my sun than Saturn will make an opposition to my moon. WOW. Great. Talk about the ultimate wet blanket, emotionally. ;p

Returns of any kind are not reliable, they are based in subjective interpretation not in -down to earth- transits. Even if your Venus Return chart has Venus, Sun and Mercury in House 5. Many have been lead to believe Returns can be a good means of prognosis. It is not difficult to understand why, imagine, a complete year of life events in a single one click chart! To really check a chart you must do at least transits, planet by planet and (maybe) Solar Arc or Progressions of some kind. It is not easy task, believe me, to check natal planets and the aspects they will be getting during a certain period, say, one year of time, but only because it is lengthy with some hours of work - and some coffee.

On the other hand these are transits only, so if when you say "in the coming year", May, June, July 2012 are included, yeah, it is possible.

Kay answered:
That about sums it up.

Kay wrote:
First, just to clarify, I don't know that many astrologers. My experience as one is fairly isolated, except online sites like this. So I have no one to ask beyond here. But really, the other thing about this upcoming Neptune transit that worries me is the sense of being duped. So not only am I feeling depressed, BUT now I'll be susceptible to schemes and lies even MORE? As a writer, sure, maybe I could use this, but ... again, I remain skeptical. How is this going to help me when I already can't sell anything? Seems more likely to make me deluded and inclined to impossible avenues, believing that "it'll work this time" ... when it won't. Or leading me to be deceived by others. I'm EXTREMELY skeptical of "self-publishing" deals, even in the changing world of publishing. Doesn't seem like the best time to enter into anything, does it?

On the contrary, if they are not astrologers the better. What seems to me you need to know is how Neptune acts in peoples lives so you will have an idea of how it will act on yours and/or other. Other persons experiences are most valuable.

Does duped means cheated? Well it is a possibility, but not like "all the time, every day".

Self publishing is not a bad idea because while and editorial house can print once ten thousand copies of your work, you can show it in a properly promoted website to a hundred thousand. Why not try both at the same time? A web site where you promote your writing skills -short short stories for children?- can be addressed to publishing houses too as an example of your work.

Kay wrote:
I hate to say it, but neither of those ring any real bells. At 8, the most significant events for me were losing my beloved cat, and the birth of my nephew (yes, my brother's a lot older than me). But at 25-26 ... pretty much nada. I've searched my memory, but come up with nothing unfortunately. :-( I'll ask around, but that 25-26 age range isn't really significant.

In August 1972, transiting Pluto conjoined your Sun and and Neptune squared your Ascendant, sure you where but a kid, but maybe changes happened nearby or maybe like you (with your parents) moved to a different town or house when your where between ages 7 or 8 ? You see, Neptune is not always about religion, dreams or being deceived but also about loosing and loosing means also that some things are not seen anymore, like a house, school or friends.

On April 1990, Neptune made a semisquare to natal Saturn this should have been quite strong between February and June/July same year and then again on April 1991 Neptune made a semisquare but this time to your Ascendant.

Other aspects in those years are visible but (seem) are not relevant to this thread.

Kind regards

Kenoshamaensa

Just a quick thanks for the (sometimes lengthy) replies. It's been a busy weekend and the work week has begun. I shall reply as soon as I'm able.

A very quick answer to one of Waybread's questions ... actually, I have a degree in creative writing, I've published 2 short stories, and some of my best friends are (multiply) published authors, who've read and commented on manuscripts and even looked over and helped me craft query letters an synopses. I'm currently a member of a local writing group (with published members), and I've won a few awards for my fiction (albeit some years back now). So I do actually have some background in publishing, and some experience. :)

Last edited:

Kenoshamaensa

I'll take these in two. I meant to reply earlier, but then "lost" the thread and had to re-find it. I should also add that I've been feeling better in the past 2 weeks, although this seems to be cyclic.

Have you thought about going to your local library, community centre or any other place where people put up posters about groups and activities happening in your area? Uranus demands that you try something completely different, the more radically different to your usual habits, the better. In the process, you will meet all kinds of new people who will shake away some of the cobwebs that we all get as we settle into our ruts and habits and comfort zones.

Actually, yes, I've tried this to some degree. (Insofar as time allows.) I have made some new friends.

I imagine that with your Pisces Asc conjunct Saturn, you may sit around feeling sorry for yourself a little too much (hugs...I know what it's like as I have a Pisces Moon). But you're feeding the "pain demon" or what Eckhart Tolle calls "the pain body". You can google his name and read about it. Pluto-Mercury can also obsess waaaaaaaay too much.

I think part of what has thrown me so badly is that I'm actually not that inclined to being moody, in the past. I've attributed a lot of that to a Sun-Jupiter trine and the fact my Saturn is exalted and sextile my moon. So Aries moon or not, cheerful or at least phlegmatic would be a good description for my usual mood. About the only time I "lose it," with when my temper gets poked (Moon-Mars square), but that's not actually that often. Btw, I'm not discounting your comment so much as explaining why I'm having a hard time with my current moodiness.

I also noticed on page 1 that you said an old friendship might become "something more". Any update on that? Are you following the guy up, manoeuvering to "bump into him", or are you waiting for him to call?

Actually, he's one of my best friends, so I do see him pretty regularly; we spend a fair amount of time together (given that he works about 60 hours a week!). :) I have his birthdata, so I've run all sorts of charts on that (synastry, composite, davison). We have a very bizarre mix of extremely good aspects, plus a few problematic ones (mostly involving Saturn, which can be both stabilizing and affection-killing, depending), plus a big honking Jupiter-Uranus opposition in our composite chart, currently triggered by Transiting Uranus to Jupiter, which is just not allowing any stability. There's a lot of karmic energy, plenty of potential for romantic/sexual energy, but a lot of potential for it to remain purely platonic. So in short, it's not really going anywhere at present, although a buddy of us both apparently hit him over the head with the possibility (that he says he's never thought about) that we COULD be more. She told him to "think about it," but I fear he thought about it long enough only to dismiss it. ;p

You also said that you love your job, teaching. Hang onto that thought. So many people do NOT love their job and just do the daily grind to put food on their table. You must realise how very lucky you are and cherish the fact that you can go to work and enjoy yourself.

Yes. that's important. There are aspects of my job that I really dislike, but overall, it could be a good deal worse.

Are you expecting your horoscope and transits actually to do something for you?

They won't. It takes a certain spirit within ourselves to make things happen in our lives. As the astro-saying goes, "The stars impel, but they do not compel." This means each of us is born with certain opportunities and talents in life, as well as certain draw-backs and challenges. A fatalistic view of astrology suggests that we just sit back and let the cosmos run its course. But life doesn't work this way, in my experience.

This is a fair question, but the completely honest answer is that I'm not really a passive person, have always been ambitious (or I wouldn't be where I am), and in the last two years, I've been trying to make some very definitive changes/advances. But no matter what I seem to do, it FAILS.

So I don't want the transits to do something FOR me, per se ... I want them to stop BLOCKING me, which is what I feel like is happening with these big outer planets, if they're doing what they say. It's like, "Okay, you get in shape, lose weight, try to look better, get out and meet people ... NOPE, sorry, STILL not going to find anybody." Or, "So you worked actively on a novel in a hot genre, something that might sell, etc., etc., ... NOPE, sorry, it's not going to sell because the market keeps reducing the acceptable word-count for a first novel, and what would have sold even 5-10 years ago is now considered an 'elephant.'"

So THAT'S why I feel pissed off. YES, I am doing things. YES, I am trying. But it doesn't seem to make a bit of difference, however hard I try. And yes, I realize that a LOT of people face blockages like that, and are equally frustrated.

You want to be a writer? Many people are told they have writing ability. What distinguishes them from published authors?

Have you worked with an agent or a personal editor on your completed manuscripts to bash them into shape? Taken some creative writing courses or workshops taught by published authors who will give you feedback on your work? Entered creative writing competitions? Joined any on-line writers' feed-back forums?

More than that, how do you respond to critical feedback on your work? Do you accept it and try to improve? Or do you shut it out, and go back to your same old writing habits? How many rejection letters from publishers have you accumulated? Many famous authors could paper their bedrooms with them, prior to getting the one acceptance.

I responded to this earlier, but yes, actually, I have a degree in creative writing from the University of Florida, several of my best friends are multiply published writers, I've been involved in the publishing world (by proxy and a little directly) since the early '80s. I know how to write a query letter, prepare a synopsis, perfect a manuscript, etc., etc. I've published 2 short stories. But despite all that -- and some bafflement from friends who ARE published -- I can't seem to sell a novel. When you have someone who's published 14 novels helping you craft your query letter, and even she can't figure out why (beyond length) it's not getting ANY bites ... well, I think it's a little more than ignorance on my part. In short, I do know what I'm doing. It's a fair question, but yes, I know what I'm doing on that score. That's a big PART of why I'm so **** frustrated about it. I even have Sagittarius on my MC, ruled by Jupiter from the 3rd (in Taurus, no less, ruled by Venus)! I also have the classic Mercury-Neptune sextile (add in a Pluto conjunction). ;p

You have gotten excellent and sympathetic advice on this thread (apart from me, actually.) How much of it will you actually take?

You seem so negative about everything. That is understandable, given your current situation in life. But at some point, you have to choose to move on. The stars won't do this for you. If you take those baby-steps, then you might get some realignment from the universe.

The problem is that I've been trying for a while, trying actively to do things to improve my situation -- meet people to find a potential love interest (even tried match.com ... although I don't recommend it, actually, after my experience), querying 50+ agents (at this point, although there are more yet to go!), trying to get my house sold and taking advice from realtors, improving what I can as much as finances allow ... etc.

None of it seems to be enough.

You feel that nobody cares about you. What steps are you taking to do some good for people who are desparate for some warm human contact? Like seniors in nursing homes, kids with disabilities, or homeless people. Why not volunteer at some compassionate non-profit society? Whom have you reached out to lately among your circle of neighbours, friends, and family?

Actually, I do a lot of that, as time allows. I volunteer for the local humane society. I'm the "ear" for most of my circle of friends, the one they call with a problem. So yes, I'm not sitting at home uncaring of others, or doing nothing to change my situation.

Again, that's WHY I'm so frustrated. Nothing I do seem to be ENOUGH. The message seems to be that whatever I do *won't* succeed. I am, by nature, a doer, a problem solver.

So going back to "what do I want the transits to do for me?" I want them to STOP blocking me. All at once. In all the areas that matter to me, or that I'm struggling to improve.

Throw me a bone before I break.

Last edited:

Kenoshamaensa

Chiron in Pisces said to be "in fall" Kay, here's the best description that I hav found for how it affects us:

"Your Chiron is in Pisces. Your deepest wound is a loss of faith and/or trust in the divine/God/All/oneness/truth. A deep-seated sense of betrayal, victimization, and/or disenfranchisement by life and/or God/universe. A loss of faith in the power and omnipresence of love. The fear of being hurt—physically, emotionally, mentally, and/or spiritually. A core belief in the injustice, inequity, unfairness, mercilessness, and victimizing nature of the universe. A feeling of being forsaken by God (whoever your God or gods may be).

As a consequence, you are searching for oneness, for the divine, for love, for timelessness and spacelessness, and for God (whoever your God or gods may be). The search for the balancing factors in injustices, inequities, victimization, disenfranchisement, and painful events and circumstances.
The Gift in the Wound is a return to trust and faith in spirit/God/the divine/the universe. The revealing of the love of the creator. A return to oneness, wholeness, and completeness. The opening of the spiritual heart to giving and receiving love freely. Being able to look anywhere in your life and in the lives of others and see nothing except the action and presence of love."

Personally I find it very difficult to see this "surrounding action and presence of love", thats because my Chiron is in fall, as is yours! A friend of mine has chiron in Virgo, (probable rulership/exaltation), she is 16 years old and can see this natural order and says that "it's really cool", naturally I'm looking for this order too, but it's not easy to find, especially when Neptune is transiting ones ascendant fogging things up. Have you considered your nodal path recently? Writing and public endeavors are your south node issues, maybe you would consider moving toward what your north node symbolizes for a more rewarding return.

Interesting. I would say that makes a lot of sense, in terms of Chiron. I grew up believing in God, but have turned away from a lot of that, although I'm not sure I've come to disbelieve in God wholly, but certainly any institutional religion ... I teach religious history, and when you study it, you get to see the ugly underbelly ... takes off a lot of the shine. And I do note that my Mercury/Pluto/(Uranus) conjunction opposes my natal Chiron ... both of which make a sextile/trine to Neptune, which rules Pisces (and my rising sign). *snort* My awareness of the numinous is amorphous and particular, much like Neptune.

On my 4th house N.N., I've given a lot of thought to that down the years. But any attempt I've made at making a home tends to break down. I haven't given up on the lesson.

Kenoshamaensa

Anyone who has Saturn so close to the Ascendant (one or two degrees), as you do, is very pragmatic and in a way a bit emotionless, meaning they are "cold" or "cool" to emotional situations happening to other. This does not mean you do not feel, only that you keep calm when someone goes through a difficult time.

Yes, that's very true. As I mentioned to Sweetpea, I tend to be described as calm, a teacher, and phlegmatic ... although I've also been told I have a good dollop of natural charisma (I attribute this largely to Sun-Jupiter trine, Sun-Mars sextile). I've typically been seen as a mix of the phlegmatic and the cheerful.

You write you need "to BE the parent" but this is not the same as you "NEED to be the parent..." Which is it?

I´ve seen that natal Saturns, like yours, less than 2 degrees orb of conjunction to the Ascendant, makes the native seek (need?) the reward of teaching at least or taking care of other, so you can nurture them with your expertise. Saturn is so good at making things better and so involved in perfection, that you, through Saturn+Ascendant could be the one who indicates the correct way of doing things at home or indicate the proper road to walk. Gives me the impression you are the (or one of the) dominant ones when at home or with very close friends or you have the last word in a conversation.

No, I did mean I need to BE the parent. That's the counselor talking, and the former mediator. I've seen what divorces do to kids, and I'm very conscious, as well of the damage that can be done to kids by parents who ask THEM (the kid) to "parent" the parent. I won't do that to my son. It'd be both unethical and cruel.

Yes, I like to be the teacher, and yes, I CAN nuture others ... but I'll be honest -- I'm not a natural. I've LEARNED to do some nurturing, but for a Pisces rising, I'm really not that naturally sympathetic. I burned out of counseling. It didn't "feed" me emotionally the way it does other. I LOVE teaching (Saturn rising and Sagittarius on the MC), but no, I'm not really that eager to "parent" others beyond my son; in fact, I kinda resent being asked to and resist it with my students. They're adults -- mentor, guide ... sure, I'll be that. Mother/parent ... no. It's a fine line, but an important one, I think. The TEACHING side of Saturn is certainly true of me! I've always been a natural teacher.

No, this is not a "generational trend". Forget about generational trends, because as long as you take them into your astrology evaluations, you will leave behind very important data, like this one. We are trying to define what is the outcome of your natal Neptune being aspected by transiting Uranus.

If you make of this transit a so called generational trend you are missing the fact that Uranus has not yet finished making the second pass to your natal Venus, Neptune and Sun. On July 2010, Uranus Rx stationed on 00°35'Aries. Ask yourself, what happened on or around the beginning of June 2010 in my life regarding Venus, Neptune and Sun (personal friends and illusions)?

Hmm. The closest thing I can think of is frustration with the best friend/male friend mentioned above. We'd grown rather close all through the spring, then he effectively disappeared out of my life through all of May and about half of June (disappeared out of everybody's really ... he virtually turned into a hermit). Reappeared halfway through June and we started hanging out again.

Your Venus, Neptune and Sun are "connected", they make a circuit so every time a planet make an aspect to any one of them it is doing so to the other two also. Venus, Sun, Neptune are not the only planets connected, sure you know.

Very important connections in your chart are:
Venus semisquare Sun
Sun semisquare Neptune
Venus square Neptune

I just have to add, that little "mini" T-square is a PAIN IN MY ****. Ha. I've recognized it before, Venus in hard aspect to "deluding/idealizing" Neptune, both semisquare a 7th house Sun in *Libra* ... Ow.

Self publishing is not a bad idea because while and editorial house can print once ten thousand copies of your work, you can show it in a properly promoted website to a hundred thousand. Why not try both at the same time? A web site where you promote your writing skills ... can be addressed to publishing houses too as an example of your work.

Very pragmatic reason a lot of folks outside publishing are unaware of ... if you publish something on the web, you can't then sell it to a publishing house. They consider it "previously published" and won't buy it.

If I self-publish, it's done. If I put it on the web, it's done. I COULD, but it would be a "final" decision. Self-publishing really needs either a "platform" (as it's called in publishing), a secure target market, or a previous following/fanbase. Otherwise, you're asking to fail. This might change in the next few years -- publishing is in HUGE flux right now -- but the current state of the business is ... if you want to sell a work to a publishing house, DO NOT post it anywhere publicly on the web or self-publish. You've just shot yourself in the foot, professionally.

In August 1972, transiting Pluto conjoined your Sun and and Neptune squared your Ascendant, sure you where but a kid, but maybe changes happened nearby or maybe like you (with your parents) moved to a different town or house when your where between ages 7 or 8 ? You see, Neptune is not always about religion, dreams or being deceived but also about loosing and loosing means also that some things are not seen anymore, like a house, school or friends.

Honestly, nothing happened. No moves, no changes, pretty much nothing. My nephew was born in January of 1973, my grandfather died in about April/May of that year, and my cat died later in 1973. But as far as I can remember, nothing happened to me/my family in August of 1972. I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just telling the truth. Nothing happened. *shrug* This is what I mean that transits sometimes seem to be "off" ... at other times, really ON. For instance, when Saturn went over my Asc following my first Saturn return ... I broke my ankle virtually *on that day*. Saturn crossing Pisces rising ... breaks ankle. Ha. How could it get more classic?

On April 1990, Neptune made a semisquare to natal Saturn this should have been quite strong between February and June/July same year and then again on April 1991 Neptune made a semisquare but this time to your Ascendant.

In April of 1990 and 1991, I was being evaluated by a board of ordained ministry ... pretty Neptunian. Was approved the second time. Obviously, I didn't stay in that career, but that's about when I would have had my official status confirmed. I was formally ordained in May of 1991. This isn't something that's at all still active in my life, however -- although as noted, it seems far more typical of a Neptune-style transit.

But what would seem to be the larger one in '72 with the full square doesn't seem to have had much impact. I really honestly can't think of a thing that happened that August that affected my life much. The loss of my grandfather in the spring of '72 would have been more Plutonian, for sure, as that was the first "significant" death in my young experience. And the (later) death of my cat was very significant, as I adored that cat. Again, probably connected more to Pluto/Sun. I don't remember what month Nubbins died, however, except that I was in school (so not August). I also know I was 8, and I didn't turn 8 until September of that year. I'm thinking it was winter/spring of '73. ANYway, nothing in August.

Caro

Where is your south node? In your 10th? perhaps Dr Farr may say something about that?

the north node currently in sagi so south node is transiting in gemini. apparently this brings lots of issues. ie the south node bit and anything it contacts. (Im trying to understand this myself at the moment)

I do feel your frustration through your writing - and you do write well. :biggrin:

just wonder if there is another way out of this dilemma.

I have chiron in pisces too. so I guess you have the saturn conj to it. it is very tough! :sad:

my friend keeps going to psychics who tell her she should write. I look at her chart and just cant see it. I do see that she could be a psychic though. BTW havent looked at your chart.

Kenoshamaensa

Where is your south node? In your 10th? perhaps Dr Farr may say something about that?

S.N. is 10th house, yes, at 27 degrees even, Sagittarius.

The nodes trine and sextile my natal Saturn (29.34 Aquarius, 12th/asc, so aneretic degree) and Moon (28.56, 2nd, Aries), and therefore square my natal Sun (in Libra, 7th, 0.54). The Sun-Moon/Saturn is a yod. Additionally, my Part of Fortune is very closely conjunct my sun at 0.21 Libra.

the north node currently in sagi so south node is transiting in gemini. apparently this brings lots of issues. ie the south node bit and anything it contacts. (Im trying to understand this myself at the moment)

I just checked, and the nodes are at 14.49 Sagi/Gemini, so it's a ways out from my own nodal axis.

I do feel your frustration through your writing - and you do write well. :biggrin:

Thank you. :)

I have chiron in pisces too. so I guess you have the saturn conj to it. it is very tough! :sad:

No, actually, my Saturn is in Aquarius. It was rising at my birth, my asc is in Pisces at about 2.19 degrees. Chiron is at 15.46, in close opposition to my Mercury-Pluto conjunction in the 7th (and that conjunction is exact, 14.36 Virgo).

my friend keeps going to psychics who tell her she should write. I look at her chart and just cant see it. I do see that she could be a psychic though. BTW havent looked at your chart.

Any contact between Mercury and Neptune is a "writer's" aspect (especially fiction). I've read this before, but also seen it play out in the charts of my published friends. Some years back, I got the birthdata for several of my SF/F author buddies (all published), and took a look. EVERY one of them except one had a Mercury-Neptune contact, and the one who didn't had Mercury-Uranus (fitting for an SF author). Additionally, the house in which Mercury was placed tended to tell a bit of a story about the topics their writing tended to focus ON.

Here are three examples (not me), all multiply-published (10/15+ novels).

1) Mercury/Pluto conjunction in Virgo/11th, sextile Neptune/node/Jupiter mini stellum in Libra-Scorpio/1st, which in turn sextiles a loose Moon/Saturn conjunction in Saturn/3rd (for a minor grand trine), top of a kite pattern with Taurus Mars at the bottom in the 7th.

2) Mercury in the 12th, Aquarius making a big box, trine Neptune, 7th, Libra. Taurus Moon in 1st, trines Leo Pluto in 5th, and then Pluto sextiles Neptune, and the Moon sextiles Mercury. And of course that means the CORNERS (Mercury/Pluto and Neptune/Moon are at opposition.) To make it a little more interesting, one of those oppositions (Moon/Neptune) forms a T-square with Uranus/Jupiter in Cancer, in the 4th.

3) Loose stellum of sun/Mercury/Neptune across Virgo/Libra in the 11th. (Mercury and sun not in aspect, but joined by Neptune at the center.) They in turn form one corner of a minor grand trine with Pluto at the apex, conj. her MC, but from the 9th (pub.) and Uranus in Gemini in the 8th. But due to the spread on the sun/Mercury/Neptune stellum, only the Sun is part of the minor grand trine. But there's some interesting nodal involvement here, with the nodal axis forming the center of a similar kite pattern to what #1 had, with Mercury on one "wing" and an Aries Moon, 6th, on the other. Nodes are 3/9 axis.

Writer #2 also has a 3/9 nodal axis with the north also in the 9th. Writer #1 doesn't; her NN is in her 1st house.

Midheavens, incidentally, are Cancer for #1, Capricorn for #2, and Leo for #3. I checked and in only 2 of the 3 cases is the MC ruler directly involved with the Mercury aspects. Ironically, the most successful of the 3 (in terms of overall book sales/name recognition) doesn't have that MC ruler involvement.

So those are some real charts. I have similar planetary involvement, and my own chart looks a little more like writer #1 planetarily, but without the kite pattern; I've just got a stellum/oppositing. (Mercury/Uranus/Pluto conjunction in Virgo, but 7th house, sextiling 9th house Neptune in Scorpio, with Chiron making an opposition to the stellus, trining Neptune.) The rule of my MC (Jupiter) is not in aspect to Mercury, either.

(I used to have several more charts, including some for male writers, but can't currently find them in my files. These three are all personal friends, so I knew where to find them fast.)

Last edited:

Caro

Thanks for taking the trouble to provide info on writers - especially right now. that is very generous. I wll take another look at her chart.

SN transit (not natal) is this then in your 3/9th house. 3rd being house of communication.? to be honest Im only learning about this from this forum /
does that SN transit hit a midpoint? or make a difficult aspect to something.

chiron - squares it ? maybe have a look at that. Chiron can be a maverick.

do you try any alternative medicines - herbs(legal ones) for you present state?

finally this is not astrology but if this was a character in your book how would you write the way out. where would the charactor go and what would it do.

which reminds me must get Pans Labyrinth out on DVD - still havent seen it.

waybread

Kay, thanks for your thoughtful feedback. And good for you that you are taking some proactive steps, regardles of the outcome.

I wonder now, after your recent posts, whether maybe the answers you seek are not in your external circumstances, but in "inner work."

If I might share two personal examples.... I have always truly loved the Great Outdoors, and I have been a spiritual person who never found any particular faith to be truly compelling. But I have wanted to have that sense of security and belonging. In 2006 my husband and I were hiking in a provincial park, and the belief came to me very forcefully that I could best worship God through my profound appreciation of nature. Walking in beautiful places, in fact, inspired my deepest sense of connection with the divine.

About half an hour after that wonderful revelation, I slipped on some ice, broke my ankle, and was in a cast for several months thereafter. Subsequently the osteoarthritis in my knees flared up. I had arthroscopy last year, and a full knee replacement a month ago. I still get around with a walker.

So I could take my profound belief as evidence that (a) there is no God, (b) the universe is laughing at me, or (c) whatever might be my religious calling, it was "not that." Deepening one's spirituality might not be about deciding anything. It might have nothing to do with my external circumstances.

During a recent transit of transiting Pluto semi-square sun, I got embroiled (predictably) in some disputes with some individuals who seemed very underhanded and Plutonian. After a while of this power dynamic, I recalled the work of Eckhart Tolle (The Power of Now) who says that most of what we fuss ourselves about is really ego-centred. It occured to me that 98% of the problem with these people was really ego-activated. Once I just let it go, life got a lot happier, and those guys sort of went away. I think that was my sun-Pluto lesson: not ego battles, but ego release.

If I can make comparisons with your life, maybe you've got attachments that really don't support you. If life gives us a metaphorical "broken ankle" maybe it's a wake-up call to de-materialize our desires, and to focus more on our inner growth. Maybe your soul is up to something more than your material circumstances and career goals. If you can find out what you are really about, once you let go of your externalities, what do you see?

Life is short, and the person with the most toys (dollars, achievements, possessions, relationships, &c) doesn't necessarily win.

Kenoshamaensa

SN transit (not natal) is this then in your 3/9th house. 3rd being house of communication? to be honest Im only learning about this from this forum. Does that SN transit hit a midpoint? or make a difficult aspect to something. Chiron - squares it ? maybe have a look at that. Chiron can be a maverick.

Transiting-NN is in my 10th, so SN is in my 4th. As the nodes are at 14.51 degrees, they are square my natal Mercury-Pluto conjunction at 14.31, but as you can see, have passed the square mark and are now separating. Natal Chiron is at 15.46, so it is an applying square there.

do you try any alternative medicines - herbs(legal ones) for you present state?

Vitamins (One a Day), eat well, exercise. I use exercise as a way of venting frustrations and tend to be very "religious" about it. Ha. I do 30-45 minutes on an elliptical every day I don't lecture (e.g., 5 of 7 days a week ... never miss unless I'm sick on my back, and I'm not often). Exercise is my "high." :-D

finally this is not astrology but if this was a character in your book how would you write the way out. where would the charactor go and what would it do.

Well, the problem with writing is that you, the author, are God, and know the outcome. You can manipulate things to be successful or unsuccessful. So I may have X character do something because it will work. Fiction is artificial in a certain sense. Conflate, combine, clarify. Real life is a lot messier, and we don't know the outcome. A story that followed real life would be meandering, dull and boring -- just like rendering actual conversation. REAL conversation is full of stutters, run-on sentences, and a lot of tangents and back-tracking. What a writer renders on the page is an approximation. It has to SOUND real without BEING real. (One of the very best things I ever did to help my dialogue was, ironically, work as a transcription secretary for a semester, where I had to record absolutely accurately real interviews/conversation, including ALL pauses, stammers, stutters, etc. It was a psych study so these things were important. BOY was that eye-opening on how people REALLY talk.)

So in short, what I'd have a character do would be governed by both the character's personality AND the plot of the story -- where it needed to go. Never let a scene do 1 thing when it can do 3. Ergo, while it's not a bad idea to think about it in terms of characters, it's not really the best comparison. :) Fiction is an approximation of reality, an attempt to find and construct meaning from the daily mass of details that make up our lives. We are "meaning-seeking, meaning-making creatures." Fiction reflects that. We tell stories to understand who we are, and what it's possible for us to become (imo). But that means stories have a ... knowledge of positive direction (or ultimate failure if writing a tragedy) that real life just doesn't have.

Caro

Thanks for replying again. im trying to learn and you are patient.

SN- you may wish to read/search for other posts.

Gd luck with your endeavours.

there is huge turmoil in the world at the moment much like when us 60's chicks and chickettes were born. you are not alone in your views.