How will i do on exams?

besitos

asked question about 17 minutes before this chart but it was more clearly formed at the time of this chart. I think 10th house is exam - but what about more than one exam?
me (Mars) is exalted in the 10th. Does this mean exaggerated success (good) or misbelieved success (bad)?

Exams are continuous over the next month - I'm looking at Mars' sign change in 3-4 degrees.

Also, jupiter - ruler of 9th of higher ed - is in its home sign and just sextiled me mars - i did notice a change for the better in focus about a week ago.

Attachments

• grade.jpg
    grade.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

besitos

I'm feeling good about studying - but my first exam is pretty soon - please let me know your thoughts! can PM me too.

besitos

First real exam went ok but then i kept thinking of things that could have made it better - i could use more feedback than my own thoughts b/c the ratio is skewed toward me right now - please!

Amit89

Saturn for success is in its own sign and conjuct the midheaven, a very positive sign.

The 9th house of higher education, is in it's dignity in its own house too, a very good sign.

Also you will trine the moon and mars is sextile the 9th lord.

So positive signs here.

besitos

Got results back for an earlier midterm - i did well. I was thinking about my finals when I made this chart, but it gives me some hope I will do ok on the final.

I didn't know Saturn signified success? maybe in this particular context of hard work?

I was excited about the sextile between me and the 9th lord but it's a separating aspect - perhaps this means the start of a good thing? Also, when a significator is not your significator, but is still placed well and dignified then how does that speak well for the querent if there is no aspect (this case, there is a past aspect). I know in relationship charts, the other's significator, if dignified, can show he has no ill intention, deception, etc.

Last edited:

Aria Venue

Got results back for an earlier midterm - i did well. I was thinking about my finals when I made this chart, but it gives me some hope I will do ok on the final.

I didn't know Saturn signified success? maybe in this particular context of hard work?

I was excited about the sextile between me and the 9th lord but it's a separating aspect - perhaps this means the start of a good thing? Also, when a significator is not your significator, but is still placed well and dignified then how does that speak well for the querent if there is no aspect (this case, there is a past aspect). I know in relationship charts, the other's significator, if dignified, can show he has no ill intention, ddeception, etc.

"I didn't know Saturn signified success? maybe in this particular context of hard work?" saturn as a planet no..as an accidental significator of l10 yes.....still is all about reception between l1(querent) and l10(exams)...that's all
try to be specific when you ask something..you asked about whole exams or this particular exam?there is difference..so be always specific and clear...

Last edited:

besitos

"I didn't know Saturn signified success? maybe in this particular context of hard work?" saturn as a planet no..as an accidental significator of l10 yes.....still is all about reception between l1(querent) and l10(exams)...that's all
try to be specific when you ask something..you asked about whole exams or this particular exam?there is difference..so be always specific and clear...

Yes I stated I am asking about all exams for this semester - so does 10th only refer to a speciifc exam?

Last edited:

Aria Venue

Yes I stated I am asking about all exams for this semester - so does 10th only refer to a speciifc exams?
no you haven's stated clearly at the beginning..
so if you asked: will i be successful during my exams ? then yes you will
if you asked specifically for one...then the chart is not obligated to tell us about the rest
so simple as that

Last edited:

besitos

no you haven's stated clearly at the beginning..
so if you asked: will i be successful during my exams ? then yes you will
if you asked specifically for one...then the chart is not obligated to tell us about the rest
so simple as that

my question is in the subject line, how will i do on exams - then its more implied i guess in the text of the post - 10th is about one exam i thought but, will this apply to all exams since that is what i'm asking about, etc. But point taken that it was not clearest.

So i'm gathering we can still use 10th for all the exams - which relation is good because of the reception? I was still wondering because exaltation seems to be stated as exaggerated - i.e. not exactly factual or likely to be lasting (which when applied to relationship charts is helpful to know, but I want to know how I will do on these particular exams which it's not as important to know if the success is likely to be lasting, or if that even applies to this type of question).

Thanks! I always appreciate your lengthy analysis for people on this forum.

Aria Venue

my question is in the subject line, how will i do on exams - then its more implied i guess in the text of the post - 10th is about one exam i thought but, will this apply to all exams since that is what i'm asking about, etc. But point taken that it was not clearest.

So i'm gathering we can still use 10th for all the exams - which relation is good because of the reception? I was still wondering because exaltation seems to be stated as exaggerated - i.e. not exactly factual or likely to be lasting (which when applied to relationship charts is helpful to know, but I want to know how I will do on these particular exams which it's not as important to know if the success is likely to be lasting, or if that even applies to this type of question).

Thanks! I always appreciate your lengthy analysis for people on this forum.
this is not a love question as you said...so this meaning of exaggeration is irrelevant...the exams won't love you and then hate you:whistling:...it's not a person.Moroever saturn won't change sign any time soon...so this exaltation lasts.The change you noticed as you said has to do with mars entering his domicile in Scorpio, so he gains in essential dignity..while previously from libra was in his detriment, and in his term..so he was essentially debilitated, since detriment is stronger than term.However in this chart accidentally is strengthened being angular and in a position to act and express his knowledge to the outer world...your knowledge is signified by a strong dignified jupiter though accidentally weak since cadent and you as moon seem not to have enough confidence, moon in Jupiter's detriment

So regardless of the aforementioned... be prepared the best way you can and everything will turn out well
i wish you all the best :love:

besitos

this is not a love question as you said...so this meaning of exaggeration is irrelevant...the exams won't love you and then hate you:whistling:...it's not a person.Moroever saturn won't change sign any time soon...so this exaltation lasts.The change you noticed as you said has to do with mars entering his domicile in Scorpio, so he gains in essential dignity..while previously from libra was in his detriment, and in his term..so he was essentially debilitated, since detriment is stronger than term.However in this chart accidentally is strengthened being angular and in a position to act and express his knowledge to the outer world...your knowledge is signified by a strong dignified jupiter though accidentally weak since cadent and you as moon seem not to have enough confidence, moon in Jupiter's detriment

So regardless of the aforementioned... be prepared the best way you can and everything will turn out well
i wish you all the best :love:

this makes sense to me the way you explained it, and i guess i thought the exaggeration to be from querent's perspective, but then the reception would have been the other way around, and in a love chart, i think, but the current question and your explanation makes sense, thank you - exam season is done now and i am waiting for my grades - i feel so apprehensive whenever i check the page for grades where they are to be posted, i hold my breath and feel like my heart is pounding.

I feel I did poorly on 2 and ok/above average on 3, so it will be interesting if the chart predicted all or the average of them... i hope any result is good! I want to keep my scholarship, which requires a certain GPA.

Last edited:

besitos

ok i got results back for one of five of my exams - not great. really hoping the others will be raising the GPA. Since we established that the chart is for the exams as a whole. Not great, but not completely terrible, but not what I need it to be as an average.

Aria Venue

ok i got results back for one of five of my exams - not great. really hoping the others will be raising the GPA. Since we established that the chart is for the exams as a whole. Not great, but not completely terrible, but not what I need it to be as an average.

thanks for the update besitos ..so you have to wait for the rest ..still remember your questions wasnt will i keep my scholarship? but "How will i do on exams?"meaning also will i pass? however the fact that l10 is in your exaltation is very promising ..is just that in this chart we have mars in his detriment and term..so i guess this wasnt the best start as you confirmed also

besitos

thank you aria..

mars in term - being in the last degrees of libra - that is good, even though being in libra is a detriment? 3-4 degrees later it will be good? results were available for first exam about a week and a half ago - so maybe after another week and a half i will get some good results (when mars would have been signified out of libra, if a degree is a week).

holding breath and my bearings.

Aria Venue

thank you aria..

mars in term - being in the last degrees of libra - that is good, even though being in libra is a detriment? 3-4 degrees later it will be good? results were available for first exam about a week and a half ago - so maybe after another week and a half i will get some good results (when mars would have been signified out of libra, if a degree is a week).

holding breath and my bearings.
timing is not calculated like this in horary and this wasnt a question about time
detriment is stronger of cource than term..its just that mars being in his term is not completely debilitated..it has some power and also by being angular as i explained previously

besitos

well i was kind of seeing it as a good sign that mars would move out of its sign of detriment, whether or not the question was about timing.

But, if we can just see that it's in its exaltation in cap - hoping this will pan out. Probably need to wait another week or so to find out. thanks!

besitos

Re: How will i do on exams? edited - another chart for a particular exam

So I'm still waiting for grades. I got a breakdown of the grades given that I got for one of my classes, and I asked if I would get the lowest grade. Reading the chart, i'd say it's a no:

1) Neptune on midheaven opposite me moon in Virgo - reading this as me fretting and seeing the exam unrealistically or not how it is in reality - negatively - stressful aspect. Because I was initially thinking I had a low grade, being unrealistic about it means I did not realistically get that grade.

2) North node on the ascendant - seems positive to have NN with a significant point related to querent.

3)Jupiter - ruler of exam - has past a trine with me (moon), and moon will trine Saturn, strong in Cap. Because both signs ruled by Saturn begin (cusps) in the 7th house and I'm in trine with Saturn, I'm thinking I could receive a break because of the particular people involved - this particular professor has a style of speaking more complimentary with my own - so perhaps my exam answers made sense to him.

4) I am not sure if this chart is to be considered a day or night chart - if night, moon is not completely weak in Capricorn - sign of exam - but is received by triplicity.

Attachments

• singlegrade.jpg
    singlegrade.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 27

besitos

Also - I'm wondering if the initial, comparatively weak position of mars in the first chart could explain that the first grade I received back didn't make sense to me because I felt I did well on a significant portion (even though I knew I didn't do enough on another portion). There are cases where a professor will mess up the grading because the student IDs are mixed up, or some other error. I'm wondering if I will later be exonerated by this reason or something coming later (when mars would have moved into the next sign).

Aria Venue

Re: How will i do on exams? edited - another chart for a particular exam

So I'm still waiting for grades. I got a breakdown of the grades given that I got for one of my classes, and I asked if I would get the lowest grade. Reading the chart, i'd say it's a no:

1) Neptune on midheaven opposite me moon in Virgo - reading this as me fretting and seeing the exam unrealistically or not how it is in reality - negatively - stressful aspect. Because I was initially thinking I had a low grade, being unrealistic about it means I did not realistically get that grade.

2) North node on the ascendant - seems positive to have NN with a significant point related to querent.

3)Jupiter - ruler of exam - has past a trine with me (moon), and moon will trine Saturn, strong in Cap. Because both signs ruled by Saturn begin (cusps) in the 7th house and I'm in trine with Saturn, I'm thinking I could receive a break because of the particular people involved - this particular professor has a style of speaking more complimentary with my own - so perhaps my exam answers made sense to him.

4) I am not sure if this chart is to be considered a day or night chart - if night, moon is not completely weak in Capricorn - sign of exam - but is received by triplicity.

this is a day chart...sun above the axis
neptune has nothing to do with the context
n.n on asc is not related to this context..it just means that you have a positive influence related to the affairs of the 1st house
jupiter l10 in moon's detriment and moon in jupiter's detriment..so you are both in a negative reception
moon on denebola
overall this chart is not positive..still i dont know why you asked again since you made this question already

besitos

hey aria! second chart is for one of the exams - original chart is for all of my exams. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for the results for each of five exams to come in.

So, I saw the grade for the second chart - it was better than the first grade I mentioned a few posts up. But still not great.

Overall - I would say your original interpretation could very well be correct - that I will pass, but not necessary do excellently.

I wish mars in exaltation would have turned out better - I was only asking about this term's exams - not next term's, so I'm guessing - and that you'd say - that I can't see an answer about next term. So I may create a new thread for that.

I am still confused about timing not being shown in the chart.