Need advice on this relocation chart for creative career

Hello everyone! I'd really love some advice on this Relocation chart. I'm moving to Europe to delve into the music scene over there. I'm a professional vocalist who performs weekly and teaches voice lessons. The appeal of Europe is not only the great music scene but the ability to tour more easily as well. I have a Saturn ASC line running through all the major cities I wanted to consider. My Saturn is in Trine with Venus and Square Jupiter. My Saturn is in Sagittarius. I can't decide if this would be a good career move for me or not. My main points of interest were Paris, Amsterdam and Copenhagen which all have the same line running through it. London is affected by the energy is the Chiron DC. Eeks! I'm finishing up my Saturn Return. While this may not be a permanent move if I am not able to stay, I'd also like this to be a move to set down some roots and hopefully meet someone, fall in love...the whole 9 yards. Saturn usually means hard work and discipline but loneliness. Does having the trine to Venus help? Also, Saturn Asc would push Venus in the 5th house and Pluto in the 12th? Is that desirable?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on this! Thank you for your help and nice to meet you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 11.19.33 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 11.19.33 AM.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 30
  • astro_2gw_kristina.65651.27887.jpg
    astro_2gw_kristina.65651.27887.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 31

HoldOrFold

H there, I'm having a look at those charts based on some principles outlined in this thread.

In the following chart graphics, the colouring of the houses denote levels of activation due to planets conjoining either the porphyry or equal house cusps. Equal house cusp conjunctions are denoted by an orange or red dot on the planet marker.

Paris
59d9a846aeb54.png

Parans
  • Jupiter/Neptune 0.68

Your Saturn is Ascendant here which makes Saturn prominent in this location. Positive manifestations of this could be you eventually being perceived as an authority, being very practical and hardworking. Your Saturn is received by Jupiter in his own sign strongly conjunct the equal 4th house cusp, which is a good support base for Saturn which should help mitigate negative effects. But it's Saturn in any case, so I'd expect a theme of hard work and hard realism to be involved.

The houses that Saturn rules will be triggered, in this case the 2nd and 3rd houses. This could indicate putting in a lot of work which links to money and communication (2nd and 3rd house), the link to the 3rd house could be beneficial for your teaching of vocal lessons. Neptune conjunct the cusp of the equal second house could be good for money, Julian Lee says Neptune does good in the 2nd because it absorbs and can be good for accumulating money. I think Neptune would function well since it's aspecting Venus which is in a strong position and rules the career and it's dispositor Saturn is in a strong position.

Venus is in the 4th house and close to the cusp, so you should enjoy and find beauty in your local environment. Your living arrangements should be quite pleasant. Venus is also tightly conjunct the equal 5th house cusp which activates Venus quite strongly which is great for the career since it rules the 10th house. Venus being in the equal 5th and linked to the 10th is a good indicator of a career with music since the 5th house rules entertainment, music and creativity. With Venus in the porphyry 4th, perhaps you'll be able to setup a home studio and do some work from there too. If you're inclined to do that it might pay off well since there is that connection between the home and career.

Jupiter is the ruler of your ascendant also the final dispositor of all the planets in your chart, so you'd want it to be well placed. Here it's in the 3rd house and conjunct the equal 4th house cusp which is a good position. There should be fortune in the realm of home you might live in a particularly inspiring property or find your local environment uplifts you in some way.

Pluto is tightly conjunct the cusp of the equal 12th house so it will be triggered here. You may do a lot of internal work and soul searching and there may be some intense stuff coming from your subconscious. Pluto is quincunx Venus and dodecile Saturn, so you could find a channel for this intense energy in your work and art but it may take some inner adjustment on your part since those aspects can take some work.

Amsterdam

59d9a7c0a532f.png

Parans
  • Sun/Uranus 0.27
  • Venus/Saturn 0.61
  • Jupiter/Uranus 0.84

This is effectively the same chart as Paris but with a couple of things emphasised less or more.

Saturn is less activated here than in Paris, so it should feel a little bit lighter. But I think in somewhere like Paris, if you're up for putting in a lot of work the close conjunction of Saturn could pay off but it may feel like more responsibility. Here the pressure is off a bit but it's still close to the ascendant.

Although, this place is near the Venus/Saturn paran line which may add some seriousness to Venus matters. This could indicate a longterm stable partnership, business partnerships, mixing of Venus with work or perhaps some difficulty in relationships depending on how you handle the energy. I think because Venus is tied to the career this paran should manifest better for you because you have an outlet for the signification.

Copenhagen

59d9b09ba377f.png

Parans
  • Moon/Neptune 0.96
  • Mars/Jupiter 0.76
  • Uranus/Pluto 0.48
  • Mercury/Jupiter 0.08
  • Mars/Pluto 0.36
  • Uranus/Chiron 0.92

Here we have a weaker activation Venus and Jupiter but a stronger activation of Saturn. If you were to have Saturn on the 1st, I'd go with a place where those other planets are more activated, like Paris or Amsterdam, to get better returns.

I'd also be a bit weary of the Mars/Pluto paran but the Mercury/Jupiter is a good one.

Thank you so much for this! This has really put things into perspective for me. So in your opinion you think Amsterdam may be the best option for me? And Paris a close 2nd? What do you make of Neptune in the Amsterdam chart?

The reading all sounds really great and that it could be a beneficial move for me. I'm ready to put in some hard work into my career but to be honest Pluto in the 12 house sounds terrifying. I know its hard to have perfection but from what I read that's a hard placement. What could I do to find out how Pluto could effect me here? Would a transit report be the way to go?

Thank you again for this amazing report!

HoldOrFold

No problem! Something I forgot to mention is in Amsterdam you have a tighter Neptune square the Midheaven than in Paris, it's actually very tight and pretty much exact. But again, since your career involves music, this energy might actually come in quite useful if you can channel it. The square is less prominent in Paris but in Paris Saturn is a bit closer to the Ascendant.

Because of the similarities yet slightly different potentials, perhaps it would be useful visiting both cities and seeing which one feels better for you. You can get a coach from one city to another for under $30 on some days. Just be aware of the transits you're having on those days because they can effect the way you feel in general which isn't location specific.

As for Pluto on the cusp of the equal house 12th, I've actually also got this in my relocated chart where I've lived for over 20 years, and my Pluto is also in Scorpio sextile Neptune but it's opposite my Mercury. For me, over the years I became interested in occult subjects, joined a group when I was a teenager which taught me some advanced meditations that I wasn't quite ready for at the time which blew my perception open. Also took psychedelics which had similar effects. The result is years later I get some very intense spiritual phenomena now and again.

I think you'd have an easier time with it though because your Pluto is trine Jupiter. Be careful being around mid-expanding substances, although this energy might be able to be channeled into your work. It all depends on how you work with the energies, there's always lower and higher potentials of any configuration.

Thank you! I just booked a ticket to go next month. I'll be in NYC for a gig and thought I'd take advantage of their cheap flights by making a quick stop over the sea to Europe. Copenhagen is the only one I've been to so far but all my musician friends keep insisting on Paris so I'm taking the opportunity to visit.

Pluto in the 12th still scares me though but hopefully it'll fuel my occult and esoteric studies. I've been wanting to study with someone to learn about my psychic abilities and with Jupiter in Scorpio activating Pisceans 9th house I was hoping to make this move and start my studies. I do have a tendency for depression and my mars-uranus conjunct scares and surprises me as well so the whole incarceration vibe of the 12th house terrifies me.

Thank you again for this advice. All and all I feel way more confident about this move. :)

HoldOrFold

Fantastic, good luck with your trip!

Pluto on the 12th can be intense but it's inner stuff from my experience, only in very rare extreme cases could I imagine the incarceration theme playing out. The more you find conscious expression for planetary energies the more benign they are to you it seems, and this often happens naturally anyway through inspiration etc.