Relocation vs Natal chart?

Saturnian

A question I have and didn't know where to ask,so feel free to move it.

Which one do I read and interpret?
My Natal chart or the Relocation one?I am currently living in a different country than the one I was born and I am kind of confused.
Just today I did my relocation chart and was pretty surprised with the planets in the 12th house which is surprisingly accurate even more so than when they were in 1st house.
What difference does it make to interpret a natal chart or a relocation one?

Anachiel

I'll try but, understand natal is not my forte.

Your natal chart is like your birthday suit. It will grow and evolve but you can't change it. No matter what you do, it is always there.

Your relocation chart is like your clothes, you can change these. They modify how you look, afford some protection and can even affect your attitudes to some degree or how you are perceived by others. But, they are not you.

No matter where you go, there you are...but the sunsets are never the same.

Flowergirl

Hi S,
there are some threads about this. I remember doing a poll a few months ago on this. Just run a search on the forum. I can relate to some of the themes in my relocation chart based on how my life has changed after the relocation but I only use my birth chart now.

all the best

Spin

Although I consider the natal chart to be most important, I've also learned to pay attention to relocation placements. In my own chart, sun, mercury and mars in pisces in natal 10th and 11th houses ended up in the 12th when I moved 3000 miles away. And my personality did change drastically--I became almost a recluse.

Since realizing the significance of relocation charts I've been studying cases of people who died suddenly in locations other than their birth place. Recently I looked at Sonny Bono's relocation chart for Lake Tahoe California where he died in a skiing accident. His Neptune-Venus opposition, natally in the 12 & 6th(he was born in Detroit Michigan) became angular in Lake Tahoe, and also his natal Saturn moved to conjunct his relocation descendant. But more interestingly, transiting Pluto at the time of his death squared his Lake Tahoe relocation asc-des axis, exactly, within a minute.

David Carradine, who died in Bangkok, also has a striking relocation chart.

A major problem with relocation charts is calculating an accurate one since the exact time of birth is essential.

Christian09

Working with relocated charts has "saved" my Astrology --predictions actually "work" now,where they bombed out before.

When house cusps change, rulerships change, and transits and progressions to said rulers in relocated charts reveal where the action is.

I like it when Astrology works.

sandstone

Banned
hi saturnian,

great question! i recommend you continue to watch and study this for yourself to come up with a more solid answer on your own.. i have asked this question and aside from reading books on astrocartography and etc - jim lewis's work in particular, to find the answer, i have to conclude that the relocation chart is very central to it all.. i don't want to throw away what i know of my natal chart, but the relocation chart speaks volumes as i see it..

my family moved from where i was born in my teens.. i have been on the westcoast most of my adult life.. i've had a long time to ponder and watch this.

if you change a birth time what happens? the angles and placement of the planets change, among other things.. if you change the place, the same thing happens.. it is a relatively new and unexplored approach to doing astrology and one that deserves a lot more attention as i see it.. good luck figuring it all out.. reading the work of those who pioneered and have studied it aggressively will help.. finding friends who live in a different place then they were born with and watching things unfold for them is another way to see relocated charts in action..

R.J.

Banned
A question I have and didn't know where to ask,so feel free to move it.

Which one do I read and interpret?
My Natal chart or the Relocation one?I am currently living in a different country than the one I was born and I am kind of confused.
Just today I did my relocation chart and was pretty surprised with the planets in the 12th house which is surprisingly accurate even more so than when they were in 1st house.
What difference does it make to interpret a natal chart or a relocation one?

Hello Saturnian:

Thank you for your question...

The natal chart is THE primary source of all energies and potentialities...

However, as you move away from your place of birth, to the east or west, for every 60 miles, the angles of the chart changes one degree of arc.

Thus, the birth planets then move into different houses of the relocated chart and thus, different life themes emerge and are emphasized.

Please take the relocated chart seriously, as it reflects the current reality of your life...

Therefore, transits and progressions to the re-located chart and angles are also take seriously...

The RLC does not replace the birth chart, but it adds to the final story...

There are two schools of thought re: re-location astrology.

One study or discipline is to study the WHOLE chart, by itself.

The other study is called Astro-Carto-Graphy, invented by a man named Jim Lewis.

Lewis focused on a 'snap-shot' of natal planets found on angles of the relocated natal chart, calling them 'zones.'

He also found 'crossings' of planetary angularity to be significant.

The main problem with ACG is that much of the planet Earth is made up of water and oceans and there is only a limited land mass available to live... In many cases, one's best planetary zones are located in the middle of the Pacific or Atlantic ocean...

For example, I have great planetary Mercury and Sun 'zones' in both Alaska and in Western Africa, but why would I want to live in those places !

I would find out your relocated chart and then, watch the heavy planets as they move through your relocated chart. When they cross the angles of the RL chart, you will find significant activity...

My experience with relocated charts shows they can significantly affect relationships, career, finances, and pretty much all aspects of life...

To answer your question, which is better, the 'chicken' (natal) or the 'egg' (relocated?), LOL

It is not a question of what is 'better than,' it is a question of determining how your natal chart evolves and also, your own personal evolution...

The evolution of the soul dynamic is what we are primarily interested in...Nobody can stop that evolution...that includes critics, 'bad luck,' or 'good luck...' The relocated chart can speed up your life or slow it down, you could become successful or not so successful, but nothing changes that original birth chart premise...

The reason is that... everything springs from the natal chart...

best regards,

R.J. Smith

Last edited:

socrates

Hello Saturnian:

Thank you for your question...

The natal chart is THE primary source of all energies and potentialities...

However, as you move away from your place of birth, to the east or west, for every 60 miles, the angles of the chart changes one degree of arc.

Thus, the birth planets then move into different houses of the relocated chart and thus, different life themes emerge and are emphasized.

Please take the relocated chart seriously, as it reflects the current reality of your life...

Therefore, transits and progressions to the re-located chart and angles are also take seriously...

The RLC does not replace the birth chart, but it adds to the final story...

There are two schools of thought re: re-location astrology.

One study or discipline is to study the WHOLE chart, by itself.

The other study is called Astro-Carto-Graphy, invented by a man named Jim Lewis.

Lewis focused on a 'snap-shot' of natal planets found on angles of the relocated natal chart, calling them 'zones.'

He also found 'crossings' of planetary angularity to be significant.

The main problem with ACG is that much of the planet Earth is made up of water and oceans and there is only a limited land mass available to live... In many cases, one's best planetary zones are located in the middle of the Pacific or Atlantic ocean...

For example, I have great planetary Mercury and Sun 'zones' in both Alaska and in Western Africa, but why would I want to live in those places !

I would find out your relocated chart and then, watch the heavy planets as they move through your relocated chart. When they cross the angles of the RL chart, you will find significant activity...

My experience with relocated charts shows they can significantly affect relationships, career, finances, and pretty much all aspects of life...

To answer your question, which is better, the 'chicken' (natal) or the 'egg' (relocated?), LOL

It is not a question of what is 'better than,' it is a question of determining how your natal chart evolves and also, your own personal evolution...

The evolution of the soul dynamic is what we are primarily interested in...Nobody can stop that evolution...that includes critics, 'bad luck,' or 'good luck...' The relocated chart can speed up your life or slow it down, you could become successful or not so successful, but nothing changes that original birth chart premise...

The reason is that... everything springs from the natal chart...

best regards,

R.J. Smith
RJ if you were to look for the ideal place to live what would you look for in relocated chart?
thanks

R.J.

Banned
RJ if you were to look for the ideal place to live what would you look for in relocated chart?
thanks

That is a very tough question to answer... I would need to know, first, what the person wants to improve, in his/her life ? What are the priorities and the goals of the proposed move. What do you hope to accomplish.

We also need to consider that there are no quick fixes...Experts say it normally takes up to one year to feel the effects of the new location...sometimes longer...

Relocation and Astro-Cartography analysis is NOT simple... It takes years of study and measurements are frequently complex.

Not to mention, moving is expensive and frequently, physically taxing. Beware of the 'grass is greener' syndrome...

best regards,

R.J. Smith

socrates

That is a very tough question to answer... I would need to know, first, what the person wants to improve, in his/her life ? What are the priorities and the goals of the proposed move. What do you hope to accomplish.

We also need to consider that there are no quick fixes...Experts say it normally takes up to one year to feel the effects of the new location...sometimes longer...

Relocation and Astro-Cartography analysis is NOT simple... It takes years of study and measurements are frequently complex.

Not to mention, moving is expensive and frequently, physically taxing. Beware of the 'grass is greener' syndrome...

best regards,

R.J. Smith
in my case,probably a place where i feel more at home if there is such a thing, then a good place for getting girl friends

R.J.

Banned
in my case,probably a place where i feel more at home if there is such a thing, then a good place for getting girl friends

To my experience, living in a Venus or Jupiter zone increase one's social life and feeling of belonging or 'home...'

Relocation astrology is fascinating and you need to look at where you are living now to decide overall compatibility ?

regards,

R.J.

socrates

To my experience, living in a Venus or Jupiter zone increase one's social life and feeling of belonging or 'home...'

Relocation astrology is fascinating and you need to look at where you are living now to decide overall compatibility ?

regards,

R.J.
i live in jupiter mc zone and feel none of that

R.J.

Banned
i live in jupiter mc zone and feel none of that

In relocation astrology, we have to study the WHOLE relocated chart in order to see context and the whole picture...

Living in a Jupiter " zone " (as good as it is?) can also make one lazy and unmotivated. I would have to see your relocated chart in order to comment further...

R.J. Smith

socrates

In relocation astrology, we have to study the WHOLE relocated chart in order to see context and the whole picture...

Living in a Jupiter " zone " (as good as it is?) can also make one lazy and unmotivated. I would have to see your relocated chart in order to comment further...

R.J. Smith

Youre right there.Family have spoilt me by giving me all freely,mother and sister.Now i struggle to get some energy
Ive been wondering what would be the best place for me in view of this fact.
In Germany early cancer is rising and Cappy planets move to 7th house Moon is in MC opposite Uranus in IC cusp.But they are in good aspect with the new ASC
In Australia i felt good cause i have Sun in IC in Sydney.In the US most planets are risng depending on the part of the country.Hers my natal chart if you care to help.
I was in Cologne germany in June but unfortunately didnt have enough money to wait until i could get a job and have a meeting with the Jobcenter counsellor.
By the way i dont feel at home with people here in spite of jupiter.Maybe this is due to Uranus-Moon square rising

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_ll_m_hp_42715_7433.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_ll_m_hp_42715_7433.gif
    45.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited: