Will we fall in love?

scahm

I've been happily dating someone for a few months now but he's now started to pull away and I can sense he's lost interest. We've hit a rocky patch - we're currently long distance, having troubles communicating and I have troubles trusting him - all boding terribly for the start of a new relationship.

I do however, really like him. I wanted to know if we'd get over this weird phase and whether he'd end up falling for me - Moon in my sign, in my house are all great signs, but I'm worried about the opposition to Mars in his house. It rules his house of home and I'm concerned that it indicates that his family get in the way of it happening - he is incredibly close to them. I also note Venus in his house too - I'm taking this to confirm my suspicions that he'd been speaking to other women.

Is this worth it or shall I give up with him? Any insights would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-28 at 16.45.23.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-06-28 at 16.45.23.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot 2021-06-28 at 16.45.29.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-28 at 16.45.29.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 32

ElenaJ

As you noted the 7th house ruler moon in ascendent is a sign of attraction, and moon is in the terms of your significator, Saturn. So he has had feelings for you, not strong but positive.
However, moon approaching the opposition with mars doesn't promise anything positive, and mars is the traditional "divorce" planet, for separation, disagreements and arguments.
The other notorious planet of separation and divorce is Uranus, conjunct the IC, cusp of the 4th of endings. Which is why it came about unexpectedly.
Venus in the 7th opposed pluto, co-ruler of his family, and in the critical 29th degree is about to move on. Venus is ruler of the 4th of endings. Traditionally Venus does represent a possible other woman, but in this case I don't think this is so.
Saturn, you, is retrograde and will remain so for quite a while, and will eventually receive an opposition from mars and then from Venus.
The situation does not look as though there is much future development as a relationship.
If we also consider the 11th house, the future, ruled by jupiter, it is also retrograde and not making any contacts.
Sorry for the disappointing news.

scahm

As you noted the 7th house ruler moon in ascendent is a sign of attraction, and moon is in the terms of your significator, Saturn. So he has had feelings for you, not strong but positive.
However, moon approaching the opposition with mars doesn't promise anything positive, and mars is the traditional "divorce" planet, for separation, disagreements and arguments.
The other notorious planet of separation and divorce is Uranus, conjunct the IC, cusp of the 4th of endings. Which is why it came about unexpectedly.
Venus in the 7th opposed pluto, co-ruler of his family, and in the critical 29th degree is about to move on. Venus is ruler of the 4th of endings. Traditionally Venus does represent a possible other woman, but in this case I don't think this is so.
Saturn, you, is retrograde and will remain so for quite a while, and will eventually receive an opposition from mars and then from Venus.
The situation does not look as though there is much future development as a relationship.
If we also consider the 11th house, the future, ruled by jupiter, it is also retrograde and not making any contacts.

Thanks so much for responding Elena, really grateful. Abrupt and unexpected separation is definitely the case - I'm hurt but I really appreciate the detail as it'll prevent me from investing further in the relationship.

tikana

ummm umm lemme take a whack at this

I am wondering who is MARS? it is def a person

look at Mars it hates Saturn by nature and by reception (denial of it)
Saturn hates Mars what is wierd is Mars and saturn do meet

Moon is effed up! It is entering beseigement
where moon will be between mars and saturn .. Moon feel powerless with mars and saturn. Even if you remove mars out of the picture, moon gets cold feet and runs away. I dont think this is a dude for you.

scahm

ummm umm lemme take a whack at this

I am wondering who is MARS? it is def a person

look at Mars it hates Saturn by nature and by reception (denial of it)
Saturn hates Mars what is wierd is Mars and saturn do meet

Moon is effed up! It is entering beseigement
where moon will be between mars and saturn .. Moon feel powerless with mars and saturn. Even if you remove mars out of the picture, moon gets cold feet and runs away. I dont think this is a dude for you.

Thanks for reply, tikana. I'm convinced Mars must be his family - they seem incredibly traditional and whilst I haven't met them yet, I have my reservations about them. He tells them everything so I wouldn't be surprised if he's told them his issues with me and they don't like me because of that.

I haven't yet met his family though and the guy still wants to date me (I think) so maybe the chart shows us getting up to that point and then that's when it ends.

scahm

Sorry Elena - please could you explain why his feelings are positive but not strong? I thought one planet in the other's domicile was a solid indication of love? What other indications would you be looking for to show stronger feelings?

ElenaJ

"one planet in the other's domicile was a solid indication of love"

Only one indication, aside from his significator in the first, shows he does/did care for the querent, but there isn't reception or other factors, and the significator is not strong, so it does look more like an infatuation rather than a strong love connection.

tikana

Sorry Elena - please could you explain why his feelings are positive but not strong? I thought one planet in the other's domicile was a solid indication of love? What other indications would you be looking for to show stronger feelings?

lord of 7th house is in 1st house - he loves her the most but we cant close our eyes on mars and saturn in opposition along

scahm

Just thought I'd provide an update to this thread - we managed to get things back on track and he seemed interested again, but was away on holiday with his family so we didn't get to see each other.

He suddenly stopped messaging all of a sudden, only to show up for a booty call and then ghost. I'm not sure what happened or why - he told me he wanted to see me again but just refused to commit to a date when I tried to arrange one.

Thank you both for your input - I'm sad that this one was accurate.

scahm

Apologies for double posting but could the Moon/Mars opposition show a fear of commitment on his part, with Pluto ruling his 4th of commitment perhaps?

I have also questioned whether he had reservations about continuing the relationship due to us having different cultural backgrounds and whether that's reflected in the chart.

ElenaJ

Apologies for double posting but could the Moon/Mars opposition show a fear of commitment on his part, with Pluto ruling his 4th of commitment perhaps?

I have also questioned whether he had reservations about continuing the relationship due to us having different cultural backgrounds and whether that's reflected in the chart.

I don't really see the 4th as a house indicating commitment.
However, Pluto is often present in mixed-culture or mixed-race relationships.
This may have to do with the universal nature of Pluto.
Be that as it may, Venus does separate from a Pluto opposition in your chart.

The Moon/mars opposition covers the 2nd house, which is self-worth and also money.
It could be he doesn't feel "worthy", or perhaps he doesn't believe he could financially support the relationship.
Mars is in leo, the sign of the ego, that gives weight to the idea of his not feeling up to the relationship, that he doesn't have enough to offer, his Ego doesn't feel strong enough.

ElenaJ

Sorry just a note to add that Saturn is also in the 2nd house, and mars will be opposing it.
Saturn can show a lack of confidence.

scahm

Thank you - that makes a lot of sense. He was deeply insecure and his sole reason for the sudden breakup was a 'gut feeling it won't work long term'.