Have you ever had someone’s Moon in your 8th house?

ChildOfVenus

I have this with someone I’m the Moon and it’s really intense. Everytime I’m around them I can feel the energy between us. I’ve never experienced the feeling before It’s really strong, intense and heavy. I can barely speak it’s scary lol but we also have Moon square Pluto.

ElenaJ

Yes, I have it with someone and it is very intense. We also have a moon/pluto inconjunct. Lots of dream travels with this aspect, do you find?.

ChildOfVenus

Yes, I have it with someone and it is very intense. We also have a moon/pluto inconjunct. Lots of dream travels with this aspect, do you find?.

Do you mean the Moon/Pluto aspect? What are dream travels? Like dreaming about the person? If so yes I have a few times.

ElenaJ

Dreaming and awakening to feel the person there in front of me (when of course they weren't!). Every night!

i was the moon person too...and i was so obsessed with him. i dont think he felt the same way. but his mars was in my 8th as well. i felt like i liked him more n he had the power.

we also had venus(me)-pluto(him) in synastry
and mars(me)-pluto(him).

Baat

I have this aspect with a current flame. We also have Venus trine Pluto. On the surface we are a weird couple (Sun inconjunct Sun) with super different temperaments, but this placement causes a deep, disturbing desire. It doesn't erase our problematic aspects obviously, just causes us to keep returning in spite of them. For us it's drama with a capital D.

MarinaKamal

I had it before with my first husband - his Moon in my 8th house. I think it's also worth noting that I have my Sun in 8th house of my chart. And then one of my boyfriends (after divorce) also had his moon in my 8th house. In both cases we both always felt instant physical and emotional connection. I'm not sure if their Moons were comfortable in my 8th house or not so much though :)
Now I'm experiencing a deep connection with someone who also puts his Moon in my 8th house - huge ups and downs and complete inability to be together or apart for that matter. But I'm not entirely sure is it only about Moon as my personal Sun is in conjunction with Pluto in my 8th house and my Flame puts his Moon in conjunction with Pluto there.

Tutu

I have this now and know exactly what you are talking about. It is a very primal attraction, obsessive and compulsive, something I had never felt before. His moon falls in my 8th, but we also have a tight double whammy of Moon opp Mars, besides other hot aspects such as Venus opp Pluto (although in a wide ord).

I can barely breathe when I am around him. It is hard for me to concentrate on what I am saying even. I just feel there is this powerful magnetic pull that is capable of blurring my best judgment of what is rational and proper. It's like he brings out everything that I effortlessly manage to hide from other people and I feel exposed, vulnerable to him, helpless in my attempts to take control of myself. I often feel that I'm on the brink of losing it.

Our meetings are therefore often very awkward. The feelings are very much on the surface, so I can feel he is uncomfortable, too, and he does things that seem very impulsive as well. The thing is: he is married. Had he not been married, I don't think I would have waited for him to make the first move. It is so weird because at the same time that I feel uncomfortable and like running away, it also feels so good to be with him that I just don't want to leave. Or maybe that is my sun in his 5th house that adds to this.

On an additional note, I often dream with him, too and wake up with the feeling he is there.

Last edited:

ChildOfVenus

I had it before with my first husband - his Moon in my 8th house. I think it's also worth noting that I have my Sun in 8th house of my chart. And then one of my boyfriends (after divorce) also had his moon in my 8th house. In both cases we both always felt instant physical and emotional connection. I'm not sure if their Moons were comfortable in my 8th house or not so much though :)
Now I'm experiencing a deep connection with someone who also puts his Moon in my 8th house - huge ups and downs and complete inability to be together or apart for that matter. But I'm not entirely sure is it only about Moon as my personal Sun is in conjunction with Pluto in my 8th house and my Flame puts his Moon in conjunction with Pluto there.

I have a lot of planets in my 8th house and I don’t really feel when another persons planets fall there. But I can feel his Moon in my 5th house it’s nice. In his chart he has Pluto in the 5th house which squares my Moon. And my Pluto is in his 8th house.

Lykanized

My sister's moon is in my 8th house. I don't think I can give any further details and not have my post removed so I'll just leave it at that

ChildOfVenus

I have this now and know exactly what you are talking about. It is a very primal attraction, obsessive and compulsive, something I had never felt before. His moon falls in my 8th, but we also have a tight double whammy of Moon opp Mars, besides other hot aspects such as Venus opp Pluto (although in a wide ord).

I can barely breathe when I am around him. It is hard for me to concentrate on what I am saying even. I just feel there is this powerful magnetic pull that is capable of blurring my best judgment of what is rational and proper. It's like he brings out everything that I effortlessly manage to hide from other people and I feel exposed, vulnerable to him, helpless in my attempts to take control of myself. I often feel that I'm on the brink of losing it.

Our meetings are therefore often very awkward. The feelings are very much on the surface, so I can feel he is uncomfortable, too, and he does things that seem very impulsive as well. The thing is: he is married. Had he not been married, I don't think I would have waited for him to make the first move. It is so weird because at the same time that I feel uncomfortable and like running away, it also feels so good to be with him that I just don't want to leave. Or maybe that is my sun in his 5th house that adds to this.

On an additional note, I often dream with him, too and wake up with the feeling he is there.

When we met up I had to actually take something to calm my nerves just so I could be around him. It ended up being nice though we had a lot of fun together. I enjoy his company we went out it was actually a lot nicer than I thought it would be. I think we are going to become good friends. His Moon is in my 5th house and we have a lot of 11th house overlays which makes the 8th house stuff easier to handle I think. I do dream about him sometimes though. Once the dream felt so real like he was there. I like 8th house energy in synastry but sometimes it’s too much.

Tutu

When we met up I had to actually take something to calm my nerves just so I could be around him. It ended up being nice though we had a lot of fun together. I enjoy his company we went out it was actually a lot nicer than I thought it would be. I think we are going to become good friends. His Moon is in my 5th house and we have a lot of 11th house overlays which makes the 8th house stuff easier to handle I think. I do dream about him sometimes though. Once the dream felt so real like he was there. I like 8th house energy in synastry but sometimes it’s too much.

I have Pluto in a tight, tight conjunction with my descendant and Uranus in my 8th house, so 8th house stuff fascinates me. This is how I want things to be, although I recognize that obsession and compulsion take a heavy tow.

muchacho

I have this with someone I’m the Moon and it’s really intense. Everytime I’m around them I can feel the energy between us. I’ve never experienced the feeling before It’s really strong, intense and heavy. I can barely speak it’s scary lol but we also have Moon square Pluto.
My wife's Mo is in my 8th and my Mo is in her 12th. Perfect match!

Lykanized

Guys, ok, I was joking. But if I could chime in with a nonromantic example, my sister and I do have a very strong connection. My 8th house is in Aries, her moon is in Aries. We acknowledge that we're for each other one of the only people we can truly talk to, go deep and gritty, raw and relentless, no boundaries. Anything liable to be questioned, everything able to be explored. It's a very cerebral connection, but I believe we do help each other transform deeply and even transform together while not even in direct contact as if it's just a psychic phenomenon

My moon happens to be in her 8th house as well, in Virgo. Perhaps the Virgo is why there's a cerebral quality

I notice she has more boundaries than I do. Far more. I'm more willing to 'go there'. Perhaps that's the impulsive, relentless Aries I'm tapping into. And perhaps her grounded boundaries are her tapping into that Virgo

cloud33

I have Gemini in the 8th house.

Have had this with few female work colleagues, that I believe notably hated me, spread gossip about me went out of their way to be unpleasant. I currently have it again with another female colleague but in this instance its her Gemini Mars, again gossip and nastiness. I seem to repel not attract Gemini moon and planet people - lol !

I've got Saturn in the 8th too, so maybe he's doing something to upset these Gemini folks.

Osamenor

Staff member
I note that in all of these cases of eighth house Moon intensity, a Pluto aspect was involved. I don't think someone's moon being in someone else's eighth house would create intensity in and of itself. More likely, it's the Pluto involvement.

For me, most people with Leo or Virgo Moons have them in my eighth house, and mine would be in the eighth house of anyone whose eighth contains the middle degrees of Sagittarius. However, those placements don't make any strong aspect to Pluto in my chart (I have Pluto at 7 degrees Libra), nor the chart of anyone very close to my age.

I once had a roommate with a Virgo moon, which means our moons were square by sign (and her moon would've been in my eighth). In hindsight, that square perfectly reflects our difficulty with being roommates! I've also had a very intensely sexual relationship with someone who had my Moon in his eighth house (and his Sun in my eighth). But, there wasn't any particular obsessive quality to that relationship, which probably reflects the lack of Pluto involvement. I've also had a coworking partner with a Leo Moon, and while I consider him one of the best coworkers I've ever had, there's no personal relationship between us other than an easy and casual friendship. Certainly no intensity.