Scientific chuckles

JUPITERASC

A Higgs boson walks into a church "We don't allow Higgs Bosons in here!" shouts the priest.

"But without me, how can you have mass?" asks the particle.

AND

"I finally found the Higgs boson - it was behind the couch the whole time"

retinoid

Time for spirituality and science to join. India actually sent a huge statue of Shiva to the research place since Shiva stands for the god of destruction/renewal. I like how far eastern religions (the advanced sections not superstitious sections) are opened to science while our western religions wish science would go away (with Islam)...

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Why do Chemists use nitrates in experiments? Cause they are cheaper than day rates!!

Attachments

• 485828_388281431192874_732466024_n.jpg
    485828_388281431192874_732466024_n.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 44

JUPITERASC

Helium was celebrating,
...decided to check out a nearby bar
“Sorry - but we don't serve noble gases!” said the bartender
Helium didn't react :smile:

JUPITERASC

Heisenberg and Schrödinger get pulled over for speed.

The cop asks: ”Do you know how fast you were going?”

Heisenberg replies: ”No, but I know were I am.”

Cop thinks this a rather strange reply and calls for a search and opens the trunk and says: ”Do you know you have a dead cat in your trunk?’

Schrödinger
says: ”Well, I do now!”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOYyCHGWJq4 :smile:

JUPITERASC

Schrödinger’s cat was probably here or was he? Some say he just walked into the nearest bar – or not....

Then there's the slightly different version of the cat paradox, one where:

"the cat holds Schrödinger in a box and has a 50% chance of killing him through atomic decay.

In the box, Schrödinger exists a branching function, alive and unalive at each point... “everything that can happen happens”... :smile:

attachments are sourced from (a) Schrödinger’s cat images printed on T-shirts and (b) http://www.ethanzuckerman.com/blog/2008/02/28/ted2008-garrett-lisi-looks-for-balance/

Attachments

• schrodingers_cat_wanted_poster.jpg
    schrodingers_cat_wanted_poster.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 35
  • schrodinger in a box.jpg
    schrodinger in a box.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 50

Prominent

I've thought about that before actually.. I came to one conclusion where "I think therefore I am not." :p
It seems to me that thinking requires a sense of separation that causes inclusions and exclusions.. however.. neither of these are actually separated- only the observation that you are on one side or the other..
It's still interesting to think about, so maybe I'll try to do a video on it..

JUPITERASC

I've thought about that before actually.. I came to one conclusion where "I think therefore I am not." :p.
Given that I am not

How did I convince anyone including myself that I think?:smile:
It seems to me that thinking requires a sense of separation that causes inclusions and exclusions.. however.. neither of these are actually separated- only the observation that you are on one side or the other..
It's still interesting to think about, so maybe I'll try to do a video on it..
I have not viewed all of the videos - the one or two I have are mind benders and got me chuckling - thanks

Prominent

Given that I am not

How did I convince anyone including myself that I think?:smile:

yikes.. hm.. that's a bender!
perhaps the balance of everything you perceive as not part of you creates the logical placement of your conveyance in self. Like a culminating effect of translations between disembodied voices.. hard to think about.. hmm..

JUPITERASC

.... :O

how do things alternate if there is no time but now?
Apparently there's an answer. You are probably familiar with the idea that time is non linear... the idea is that although we experience time as linear... in "reality" past, present and future all occur simultaneously :smile: