Daughter hearing voices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

I strongly suggest that anyone who is telling you to rule out the possibility of your daughter being a psychic/medium without checking it out first is acting unethically!

Please point me toward the Code of Ethics you subscribe to.

The Code of Ethics (two of them actually - ISAR and NCGR) I subscribe to both state that if an issue is outside one's area of of expertise, one should refer those who have those issues to appropriate professionals.

Psychic abilities are not the immediate question here. Hearing voices is.

What if those voices suddenly say "kill your family and then yourself"?

I can't fathom how someone would deal with the outcome if they counseled someone who heard voices to "go with the flow" or "explore psychic/medium abilities" without first eliminating any possible tragic circumstances or outcomes.

If psychic abilities are indicated AFTER the possibility of causing harm to oneself or others are eliminated, then proceed with training and development.

Xibalba89

^Seriously. Don't get so excited at the presence of possibilities that you forget to cover your bases with a bit of self protective logic.

freedomlover

Quoting Frank:

Please point me toward the Code of Ethics you subscribe to.
I'm not speaking as an astrologer. I'm speaking as one who subscribes to God's code of ethics. Go within yourself for further information.

The Code of Ethics (two of them actually - ISAR and NCGR) I subscribe to both state that if an issue is outside one's area of of expertise, one should refer those who have those issues to appropriate professionals.
Refer to above statement.

Psychic abilities are not the immediate question here. Hearing voices is.
Excuse me, but hearing voices is part of the psychic experience.

What if those voices suddenly say "kill your family and then yourself"?
Then I would pray and call on Archangel Michael for protection, and probably also voluntarily commit myself to a mental institution. THAT is NOT part of the psychic experience - at least not in a positive interpetation. One would definitely be dealing with influence by negative astral entities.
I can't fathom how someone would deal with the outcome if they counseled someone who heard voices to "go with the flow" or "explore psychic/medium abilities" without first eliminating any possible tragic circumstances or outcomes.
If you will carefully re-read what I posted - NOWHERE did I advise to NOT seek medical/psychiatric evaluation to rule out that option.
If psychic abilities are indicated AFTER the possibility of causing harm to oneself or others are eliminated, then proceed with training and development.
I agree. My point was that many people automatically rule out contact with an astral entity, and just attach the "crazy/mentally ill" label.

Best regards,

Freedomlover

Last edited:

Xibalba89

Quoting Frank:

I'm not speaking as an astrologer. I'm speaking as one who subscribes to God's code of ethics. Go within yourself for further information.

Refer to above statement.

Excuse me, but hearing voices is part of the psychic experience.

Then I would pray and call on Archangel Michael for protection, and probably also voluntarily commit myself to a mental insitution. THAT is NOT part of the psychic experience - at least not in a positive interpetation. One would definitely be dealing with influence by negative astral entities.
If you will carefully re-read what I posted - NOWHERE did I advise to NOT seek medical/psychiatric evaluation to rule out that option.
I agree. My point was that many people automatically rule out contact with an astral entity, and just attach the "crazy/mentally ill" label.

Best regards,

Freedomlover

This is why I hardly come here. There are a lot more gradients to the world than evil logic monkey scientist and gentile light vessel. [intimidating comment deleted. Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

freedomlover

Quoting Xibalba89:

This is why I hardly come here. There are a lot more gradients to the world than evil logic monkey scientist and gentile light vessel. [intimidating comment deleted. Moderator]

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you please elaborate?

BUMMBLE BEE

Hi
i know it is hard to belive but i would like to tell you my story.
Since i was born i could see,hear,feel spirt(ghosts) please do not take your daughter to a doctor please i am 14 now and still alive i dont belong to goth groups or anything. There are churches that support this religion it is called spirtualst church i go to one. They will teach your daughter how to control it. She is not mental at all or crazy. She is actually privlaged. Please do not put her on medication.

Thank you
bummble bee bzzzzz

Carole

Sara:

My only intention is to help you find a balanced point of view over this issue. I understand how you must be feeling and your little girl too. I am never willing to share things like these with anybody because I know how one can be misjudged by others, but I will share with you my own experience with voices, so that you don't feel so bad about the whole situation you are living right now.

A few years ago, I was giving a reflexology massage to my eldest daughter, when I heard a female voice whispering something I couldn't understand. I heard the voice between the massage couch and the wall (there are only a few inches of space there), and I stopped massaging my daughter because almost immediately she sat and asked if I had heard that voice. There was no music, no radio, no t.v. that could have been a possible source of sounds or voices.

We both heard it. And that was not my first time. I heard a voice talking to my mother when I was 12 years old. It was around midnight and I was sleeping in her bedroom as it was storming and I felt terrified by the lightning, when a voice started talking to her. I got paralysed but when the voice stopped I called my mom and she only asked if I had heard it too. Frightening...but it happens. I can assure you that I am not mentally ill. Neither is my daughter or was my mother.

It's true that these things happen and that there are people who don't believe it, but they don't believe it because it has never happened to them. That's all.

By the way, like your daughter, I have Scorpio Sun and Scorpio Ascendant, Mercury in Sagittarius, and my 8th house ruled by Mercury (Gemini on the cusp). Our Moons are ruled by Mercury, only that mine is in 8th house (Gemini) and hers in 10th (Virgo), but she has some lunar influence in 8th too. It calls my attention that she has North Node in 9th ruled by her Sun....and Sun in 12th house. 9th house rules visions. She might well be an ultra-sensitive girl, in my opinion.

BUT, there are a number of possibilities which have to be ruled out here, for your daughter's welfare and your mental peace. Wintersprite1 is giving a sensible advice.

First of all, a neurologic/psychologic/psychiatric examination would be desirable to rule out the possibility of a neurologic/emotional/mental disorder. If she is healthy, then you will have less to worry about and you will be able to carefully look for some spiritual help for her.

I wish you and your daughter the best.

Carole

Last edited:

piscesascendant

Not to further creep anyone out... and let me stipulate that I have no formal medical education, training, experience, or expertise... but when I noticed you mentioned all of it starting on the 11th and that you've seen that number many times a day for several years now... 11 in numerology, I believe, is considered a "power number"--that and 22.

starlink

I have been going over all your posts and we can safely conclude that, indeed, to rule out all psychological disorders, it is advisable to go to a doctor first. After that, if nothing has been found, then proceed by guiding your child by explaining the experiences you and your mother have had, making her understand how these things can happen and tell her that you as well as her grandmother had the same thing happening to you. This might make her feel she is not different and that you understand her. She might feel less scary too.

A child of 10 can understand the explanations about being clairaudient or clairvoyant.

Personally I very much believe in this phenomena. Carol, one of our oldest members here is VERY sane indeed (not "spaced out" in other words) and also experienced these voices as do others. This phenomena is very well known, otherwise we would not even believe in the Sabian Symbols who were also brought over via Elsie Wheeler, a medium, from another dimension.

What the young member Bumblebee said in her post is for me very telling. I am glad she posted this, because the medical world all too soon wants to prescribe medicine and especially medicine prescribed in mental institutions and psychiatric offices can do immense harm if the symptoms are wrongly diagnosed.

I am sure Sara31tx knows exactly what she has to do. She wanted astrological proof and I think that was perfectly well given by some of the others.

Starlink

Natasha

My grandfather often hears & senses the presence of My grandmother who died last year
And he is a really rational virgo guy.
My feeling is that somehow some child who has passed over is making some connection to yourself & your daughter
Your daughter with Sun in Scorpio in the 12th could be felt by this spirit to be accessable or she may have just tuned into the spirit as they are trying to figure out what they are to do next.
My sense is that there is nothing malevalent here and once the spirit figures out there next step in their journey then the child will go on to the next step in their journey.
DOctors are generally pretty keen to see everything as text book symptoms rather than see things as spiritual. Also they are often pretty keen to medicate when its not be necessary

NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR POST NATASHA, JUST NEED TO TELL YOU ALL THAT THIS THREAD IS CLOSED NOW. Moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.