Planets involved with Military Leaders

Southpaw

Banned
[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

I'm still waiting for anyone to come up with a Mars in Aries person who would be a better example of a combat athlete, combat and sports being Mars areas, than Mars in Taurus, Muhammad Ali.

Sportsmen especially combat ones are easily measurable. There are clear cut winners. We get to witness thorough results on who is the best or better. It's hardly as open to personal interpretation.
hey, i told you i'm with you with the assessment that malefic planets in domicile enhances their malefication. that's like a criminal in their gang hideout: you're not going to get positive energy to combat against the malefication but you get more energies to feed off of what's already there- which happens to be malefic energy. people can agree or disagree, it doesn't matter. i just find it irritating that commenters will automatically default interpretations and misinterpretations of "texts" and don't make their own formulations/observations but find safety in reinforcing someone else's interpretations. how boring. but hey, like i said, i'm with you on that.
Mars in Cancer and Libra are actually good too. Libra more for business though.

chances are, taurus mars people feel stagnant and uncomfortable with their physical body which can make them go on overdrive. being that taurus mars generally finishes up the task, the combo of developing self-discipline and taking regular action can be a fabulous result. cap mars is exalted because they were born with that self-discipline and taking regular action. taurus mars is considered detriment because once it starts, it doesn't stop. even mars the god of war has to take breaks! cap mars knows when to start and stop. but because taurus mars won't stop once it starts, it can actually surpass cap mars and achieve more because it went into overdrive all because of being "uncomfortable."
Cap Mars being considered good is one of the traditional exaltions that has managed to stand throughout all my research. It's quite common among good fighters.

i was at an entrepreneur seminar last night and one of the presenters said, "remember, there is only truly one thing that rewards you in life and that is taking action!" quite fitting as los angeles is VERY aries- 6 or 7 aries planets (including sun) and zero air. yup. even my taurus mars must compete with where i live. and yet, life goes on...:joyful:
I've found Aries influence among some legendary entrepreneurs and business people. The only catch was Aries wasn't in the Sun where it's supposedly happy. John D Rockefeller has an Aries Asc. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs both have Aries Moons. Apple's current CEO is also an Aries Moon.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

may28gemini

Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Aries placements are quite excellent in war...when it's in the boardroom. As for war on the battlefield, it tends to be untraditional Mars that excel in battle.That's what makes everything quite puzzling but really interesting at the same. Mark Anthony, the Roman general had Pisces Mars. He was known to be a spitfire of a solider. Germanicus, another Roman general who also was an excellent warrior, had Pisces Mars. Julius Caesar crossed the Rubicon with his Gemini Mars. Edward the Black Prince was out fighting his fathers' wars until death with guess what... Taurus Mars.

I think when Mars actually gets tested on the battlefield, it boils down to 1 thing: physical survival. When Mars gets tested in times of peace, that's a different ballgame.

piscesascendant

Aries placements are quite excellent in war...when it's in the boardroom. As for war on the battlefield, it tends to be untraditional Mars that excel in battle.That's what makes everything quite puzzling but really interesting at the same. Mark Anthony, the Roman general had Pisces Mars. He was known to be a spitfire of a solider. Germanicus, another Roman general who also was an excellent warrior, had Pisces Mars. Julius Caesar crossed the Rubicon with his Gemini Mars. Edward the Black Prince was out fighting his fathers' wars until death with guess what... Taurus Mars.

I think when Mars actually gets tested on the battlefield, it boils down to 1 thing: physical survival. When Mars gets tested in times of peace, that's a different ballgame.

Interesting info and p.o.v.... from what I've read and heard, Libra is the sign of the General, of the Commander. Aries is the sign of being in the trenches..................now, back to our program (Cap Moon) already in progress! lol

M

may28gemini

Interesting info and p.o.v.... from what I've read and heard, Libra is the sign of the General, of the Commander. Aries is the sign of being in the trenches..................now, back to our program (Cap Moon) already in progress! lol

yes, more military leaders are libras rather than aries. a lot of people find that to be suprising. but i think it makes perfect sense. discomfort creates overcompensation in other areas. libra is cardinal and so it will be an initiator of sorts. libra is like the kid that got bullied, quietly takes karate lessons, and then waits for the one day that the bully comes around again to steal lunch money, the libra gives the bully a big beatdown.

i have 3 libra planets- jupiter, saturn (exalted), pluto (fallen) in the 1st house. usually i am nice and i do put up with people's mess. it's not until i really get pushed does the libra side turns militant. i've somehow managed to scare a group of sleazy husky football types of guys who are over 6'2ft when one of them said something rude to me. There's really nothing to be scared about with me. I'm a chick and I'm short at a whopping 5'3ft without heels. i don't wear shoes that are more than 1/2 inch taller so height isn't my strong point. I weight like 125 lbs. That's not really going to scare anyone. I have Pisces moon dreamy/sensitive face... again, not scary. Libra in my first house with all those planets put me on overdrive where I took a lot of measures to stand up for myself. I've apparently done well enough that i can scare a football team :lol:

tying this in with cap moon. because cap moon is fallen and have extreme difficulties expressing emotions the traditionally thought of as "warm, kind, caring, loving," it overcompensates in material matters where it's comfortable with such as being a money lender. yes, my cap moon ex friends became nasty and spiteful but when we were friends, they quickly offer to lend me money when they sensed i need it. i rarely borrowed from them but they tend to "forget" they loaned me money, until i repay them and then act surprised in a condescending way that i paid them back. it's sorta that strange "i'll help you out cuz i can but i don't think highly enough of you to be responsible and own up to it" duality.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Banned

Mark Anthony also has a Cancer Moon and a Virgo Sun. Germanicus could possibly be a Gemini Sun, or he's on the cusp either way if you believe in that stuff. There's the Mercury theme for generals again.

From my personal findings the Cancer influence is the most talented influence when it comes to anything regarding violence whether it be on a small scale like two men fighting or leading men in times of war.

Mike Tyson, Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great, OJ Simpson, etc are all Cancer Boys.

Osama bin Laden Cancer Boys Moon.

George W Bush is a Cancer Boys whose legacy will forever be tied to warfare.

I remember skimming through some research on criminals once, and Cancers were deemed the most violent criminals.

Cancer may be the most alpha influence of them all. Great for business, fighting, and dominating women. That Cancer Boys-Capricorn axis is no joke.

Who are some Libran military leaders besides Eisenhower?

M

may28gemini

libra mars military leader was pompey who taught julius caesar.

mark anthony was capricorn sun. germanicus was taurus sun. sun signs differ throughout the ages.

Moog

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

I'm still waiting for anyone to come up with a Mars in Aries person who would be a better example of a combat athlete, combat and sports being Mars areas, than Mars in Taurus, Muhammad Ali.

Consider checking things out with a sidereal zodiac. It's interesting.

Skywomb

Well I've never really seen any Aries type person I've come across as a real leader...
Have you? I mean they seem to be up in the front, but that's about that, and that's about as far as their motivation go it almost seems.

Libras are sometimes full of it! Only after experiencing it first hand do I realize, that Libras do take everything personal (in a neutral sense of it). And oh so clever...
I could see the reasons for some of that making a very good military leader..

Since I have it, Mars in Scorpio, I think that's mostly an all-round survival type deal.
I might become a great military leader...if only some sudden apocalypse comes....then I'd rob the nearest gun store at any cost and thus become king of the hill! (Yeah I do think about such things a lot, more often in smaller scale though... "What if that person tries to...." :D :D So funny.)

Last edited:

Southpaw

Banned
Well I've never really seen any Aries type person I've come across as a real leader...
Have you? I mean they seem to be up in the front, but that's about that, and that's about as far as their motivation go it almost seems.

Libras are sometimes full of it! Only after experiencing it first hand do I realize, that Libras do take everything personal (in a neutral sense of it). And oh so clever...
I could see the reasons for some of that making a very good military leader..

Since I have it, Mars in Scorpio, I think that's mostly an all-round survival type deal.
I might become a great military leader...if only some sudden apocalypse comes....then I'd rob the nearest gun store at any cost and thus become king of the hill! (Yeah I do think about such things a lot, more often in smaller scale though... "What if that person tries to...." :D :D So funny.)
Aries are leaders in the sense that they go off the beaten path and pioneer a new way. The two most famous high school dropout entrepreneurs of the modern era both have an Aries Moon, Gates and Jobs.

The Aries Sun archetype is too reckless, selfish, and irresponsible imo to make a good leader of people. I wouldn't feel too safe or secure with an Aries Sun running things. Very moody people who can struggle with getting a hold of themselves. I've seen their lack of or poor planning result in fails many times.

Leaders have many duties and using words wisely is one of them. Aries struggle with holding their tongues and using tact. You don't see many Aries playing world leader in politics.

Aries seems to be great in places like the Ascendant, Moon, and Mercury. Hitler had an Aries Mercury and was a master at firing people up.

You sound goofy. I would be scared with you leading a military operation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skywomb

Aries are leaders in the sense that they go off the beaten path and pioneer a new way. The two most famous high school dropout entrepreneurs of the modern era both have an Aries Moon, Gates and Jobs.

The Aries Sun archetype is too reckless, selfish, and irresponsible imo to make a good leader of people. I wouldn't feel too safe or secure with an Aries Sun running things. Very moody people who can struggle with getting a hold of themselves. I've seen their lack of or poor planning result in fails many times.

Leaders have many duties and using words wisely is one of them. Aries struggle with holding their tongues and using tact. You don't see many Aries playing world leader in politics.

Aries seems to be great in places like the Ascendant, Moon, and Mercury. Hitler had an Aries Mercury and was a master at firing people up.

You sound goofy. I would be scared with you leading a military operation.
Yeah I've noticed that in Aries people as well...mostly after reading about it (then it clicked).
Regarding Sun Aries, well my father is one, and yes...I can only agree with what you said there! (Won't give examples not really on topic)

Haha me goofy!? (on an internet forum!!?!?!?!?) You don't know the half of it. :D (I do find that Uranus rising/conjunct ascendant to be extremely appropriate for me, I like to act weird/shocking for it's own sake) I'm a bit drunk also, and I have a hard time either way being specific (guess it's largely my Mercury) so. :)

But seriously I wouldn't run any military operation in that apocalypse scenario haha, I would more likely just hide and figure out who's who (after getting my guns! <- and thus people would seek my protection)... I don't think Scorpio people, not Mars in Scorpio at least are very keen on running into unknown enemies... ;)

You sound very American. ;) Always ready yeah!?!?! :D

Last edited:

Southpaw

Banned
Yeah I've noticed that in Aries people as well...mostly after reading about it (then it clicked).
Regarding Sun Aries, well my father is one, and yes...I can only agree with what you said there! (Won't give examples not really on topic)

Haha me goofy!? (on an internet forum!!?!?!?!?) You don't know the half of it. :D (I do find that Uranus rising/conjunct ascendant to be extremely appropriate for me, I like to act weird/shocking for it's own sake) I'm a bit drunk also, and I have a hard time either way being specific (guess it's largely my Mercury) so. :)

But seriously I wouldn't run any military operation in that apocalypse scenario haha, I would more likely just hide and figure out who's who (after getting my guns! <- and thus people would seek my protection)... I don't think Scorpio people, not Mars in Scorpio at least are very keen on running into unknown enemies... ;)

You have this humorous and girly way to yourself. I didn't realize you're a Sagittarius Sun until a few clicks ago.

How did you figure out I'm American?:pouty:

soratothamax

Question: If Capricorn is born to take action, what makes Aries more dominant than Capricorn? Why is it's nature more preferred than Capricorn?

Were Aries born to take action?

how are they different?

Shining_star

Question: If Capricorn is born to take action, what makes Aries more dominant than Capricorn? Why is it's nature more preferred than Capricorn?

how are they different?

Well, I think Aries are more active than Capricorns because they are ruled by the Planet of Mars and the Sun exactly, and Capricorns are firstly ruled by Saturn, which limits the power of Mars, but In resistence, Capricorns are best, thats why they are better leaders, In a figth Aries wins.. Thats my thougth :happy:

Southpaw

Banned

how are they different?
Aries is the first sign and therefore baby of the zodiac. Like a baby they can be very instinctive and act immediately on what feels natural to them. They're impatient and very eager to act. Baby wants something it doesn't wait, baby cries in hopes of its caretaker granting it immediate gratification. One could say Arian actions are the purest form of action since it's spontaneous.

Caps on the other hand are fearful and cautious people. Naturally, this lends to less action since they have to take time to carefully plan out their moves. Your standard Cap is not fond of risk.

Does this mean Aries is more dominant than Capricorn? No, I wouldn't say so at all. The Arian influence is inferior to the Capricorn influence when it comes to fields that require dominating others. Even the grandmothers who wrote old astrology texts managed to understand this as we can see from how Mars is Exalted in Capricorn.

Southpaw

Banned
Not all cardinal signs are created equal when it comes to their level of action.

Aries is the most cardinal cardinal sign.
Next in line is Cancer
Then Capricorn
Libra last place due to how indecisive they are.

soratothamax

Aries is the first sign and therefore baby of the zodiac. Like a baby they can be very instinctive and act immediately on what feels natural to them. They're impatient and very eager to act. Baby wants something it doesn't wait, baby cries in hopes of its caretaker granting it immediate gratification. One could say Arian actions are the purest form of action since it's spontaneous.

Caps on the other hand are fearful and cautious people. Naturally, this lends to less action since they have to take time to carefully plan out their moves. Your standard Cap is not fond of risk.

Does this mean Aries is more dominant than Capricorn? No, I wouldn't say so at all. The Arian influence is inferior to the Capricorn influence when it comes to fields that require dominating others. Even the grandmothers who wrote old astrology texts managed to understand this as we can see from how Mars is Exalted in Capricorn.

According to Kevin Burke, Domiciles are more dominant on a chart. Exalted isn't comfortable completely. So it's not as comfortable and thus wouldn't be as powerful. They are also said to abuse the power of the planetary energy. Capricorn also has dispositors that can debilitate it.

Is this so?

Last edited:

Southpaw

Banned
According to Kevin Burke, Domiciles are more dominant on a chart. Exalted isn't comfortable completely. So it's not as comfortable and thus wouldn't be as powerful. They are also said to abuse the power of the planetary energy. Capricorn also has dispositors that can debilitate it.

Is this so?
Comfort grants familiarity making for a more natural and frequent expression of those planetary energies. Since the expression of that domicile planet happens often you could say it's powerful in the makeup and psyche of the people who have it.

The keywords here are dominant in a chart like you said. While domiciles may play a major role in the lives of its bearers, This doesn't automatically make them superior to detriment, exalted, fallen, and peregrine planets. I haven't found any convincing evidence that shows Mars in Aries is better than Mars in Cap.

Mars in Aries is common for male p0rn stars, sex being associated with Mars, but Mars in Capricorn is common among great fighters, another Mars industry. The accomplishments of great fighters are harder to achieve than being good p0rn stars.

I could give you another example of domicile vs exaltion, but I'll just leave it on the note that everything we read should be researched before we accept it. Some traditional astrological associations for influences don't hold up well.

M

may28gemini

in the apocalypse, my taurus mars would be making beaucoup bucks as an arms dealer and selling stolen guns that i've raided before things got blown to smithereens. taurus mars loves thinking ahead for money making schemes. i would be happy to give you a bulk price if you're pleasant towards me when we're doing business :lol:

M

may28gemini

Comfort grants familiarity making for a more natural and frequent expression of those planetary energies. Since the expression of that domicile planet happens often you could say it's powerful in the makeup and psyche of the people who have it.

The keywords here are dominant in a chart like you said. While domiciles may play a major role in the lives of its bearers, This doesn't automatically make them superior to detriment, exalted, fallen, and peregrine planets. I haven't found any convincing evidence that shows Mars in Aries is better than Mars in Cap.

Mars in Aries is common for male p0rn stars, sex being associated with Mars, but Mars in Capricorn is common among great fighters, another Mars industry. The accomplishments of great fighters are harder to achieve than being good p0rn stars.

I could give you another example of domicile vs exaltion, but I'll just leave it on the note that everything we read should be researched before we accept it. Some traditional astrological associations for influences don't hold up well.

remember that mars is a lesser malefic, but nonetheless a malefic. when you have a malefic planet in its exalted sign, the malefic energy can be controlled and funneled to "appropriate" slots (depending what is deemed appropriate). when the malefic planet is in its domicile sign, it will be comfortable and default on the malefic traits.

another example is saturn, the great malefic. saturn is exalted in libra which adds consciousness and concern towards others; justice is very important. saturn in domicile capricorn, forget about being fair and nice towards others- the self must do whatever it has to do to be on top and stay on top.