View Single Post
Unread 10-05-2011, 04:33 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: Profecting charts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
The place where the count starts, ie the first house, can make a difference: the Egyptian method (which ahs always been the dominant one, and is the one followed by Valens) begins the count at 0 (in other words, the year after birth = the 1st house and is counted as 0) Paulus of Alexandria differed, and began the count at 1 (in other words, the year after birth = the 1st house and is counted as 1) I myself have followed the Pauline profection (all of the available authors have chosen to follow the Egyptian method of starting @ 0, including Lehman, Ben Dykes, etc)

In my experience I have found Pauline profection to be the more accurate profection method.
dr. farr, I have Ben Dykes Introductions to Traditional Astrology, but admit that I have not yet gotten to the part on profections. To make sure I understand what you are saying, if the 1st year (according to Pauline profections) means the year of the ASC, would that mean that this year, for me (at 42) profectionally (is that a word? it should be...) would bring 8th, and not 7th to the ASC?