random thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUPITERASC

242e767b5b91855300a302a6b2fe1c5d.jpg

noraleader

Banned
i seem to have erased my local "child laborer hauling cacao pods" image.. and i doubt my voluminous assortment of "west papuans macheted and immolated" images wouldn't fly far here.. especially the "totally immolated to ash body of a teenage west papuan girl still wearing her parochial school uniform".

so, in honour of domestic injustices, and perhaps, some indication that the universe may indeed manifest according to one's preconceptions or lack thereof,

attachment.php

attachment.php

they're doing good over there in WP right now, critical threshold. a simple thought can help.

Attachments

• bowl.jpg
    bowl.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 151
  • bowl2.jpg
    bowl2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 151

noraleader

Banned
i know this is a lame post since we envaluate per novelty -

"i want answers now!"

read the links in my sig - those things are there for a reason.

sincerely,

noraleader

Banned
"now and again" i like to post something on the internet, something nonsequitur, something not formal or typific or cohered to standard. something becoming, something real and authentic but not proper. something to challenge semantic sensibilities. something that displays erudition and coarseness, in one unified confluence.

once upon a time an englishman pioneered a music technology site, in the 90's, before the vst/music software standards, concerned only with music hardware and getting a "pro" sound for street money. "how to wire your toaster to sound like an aphex plate reverb" kind of posts.

one day he was in a bit of a mood and he posted a picture of godzilla. the "real" godzilla from the old times. and it said, "i'll 'ave yer all".

and it is often that i think of that image,

and the sentiment therein,

though i am not able to reference it, and attempting to recreate it would be somehow inauthentic.

often i think about people, who are spouting things on the internet believing that somehow their obeisance to authority and the establishment presents a profound might demanding conformity from all who bear witness,

who don't realise that, the way i see it, there is a train spilling japanese citizenry hanging out of one side of my mouth

Blaze

Account Closed
"Do we wear clothes or do clothes wear us?"

It's a question I asked myself today, while shopping for a new suit and tie.

It may seem like we wear clothes. Going by the everyday life we tend to (mostly) change clothes for the sake of social purposes. We even dress up in fancy clothes to make ourselves either feel better or fit into some kind of social puzzle.

But then, why does what we wear indicate some kind of social or mental status? For example: Take one guy dressed in a normal t-shirt and jeans vs a guy dressed in a well kept suit and tie.

What do you think of when looking at these two? Is the man in the suit of a "higher" social class then the man in the t-shirt and jeans? If so, that would mean his clothes are telling you so, right? His clothes are a symbol of his status and thus they are "wearing" him.

Maybe I'm confusing myself thinking of things that don't matter, but it's still interesting nonetheless.

noraleader

Banned
one of my favourite things to do is produce logical proofs/rationalisations for ethical behaviour over opportunism.. :)

opportunism and cruelty are often advantaged and empowered by a feeling of intellectual superiority and privilege.. if one feels they have outwitted another, then it's "just desserts" to predate.. one is obliged to smite the weak.. cleverness is at deficit like that...

so, why is kindness provably superior to cleverness?

to be clever, one must look at things from various points of view, and then select what is of greater advantage..

to be kind, one must look at things from *every* point of view

;)

Blaze

Account Closed
Something of a tiny thought-

tumblr_o5xt7dVvlP1ruv2fvo1_500.png

I wonder how long until man realizes that everyone can add something to the whole of society, no matter what his/her test papers say.

How do we measure talent? How do we measure potential?

Is it by a one size fits all testing system?

Hmm. Just a thought I had today while signing up for September classes...

JUPITERASC

one of my favourite things to do is produce logical proofs/rationalisations for ethical behaviour over opportunism.. :)

opportunism and cruelty are often advantaged and empowered by a feeling of intellectual superiority and privilege.. if one feels they have outwitted another, then it's "just desserts" to predate.. one is obliged to smite the weak.. cleverness is at deficit like that...

so, why is kindness provably superior to cleverness?

to be clever, one must look at things from various points of view, and then select what is of greater advantage..

to be kind, one must look at things from *every* point of view

;)

68747470733a2f2f732d6d656469612d63616368652d616b302e70696e696d672e636f6d2f6f726967696e616c732f34352f64342f63332f34356434633338346330626264336666653435646666373835356436613664352e676966

noraleader

Banned
indulgence... when is it not "okay"?

"let's indulge the question.. for theory.." "let's indulge the question.. as a purely technical exercise.."

the question is.. "should i sell my body for nasty people to drool over and fornicate with?"

is that an okay question, yes or no?

alright, next question,

"should i cut up babies and glue their heads together to make monster babyhead centipedes?"

is that an okay question, yes or no?

i think, we are forgetting ourselves by being drawn into a narrow scope.. it's not alright to indulge amorality, to fill the head with pernicious thoughts, to create monsters and let them roam free on the terrain of our spirits...

people like to sneak all sorts of things in when you aren't paying attention..

yesterday, someone posted this image of depression..

attachment.php

aww, isn't that cute, a little diagram of how depressed people feel really inside, it is so deep and sensitive and thoughtful!

everybody likes it, until i pointed out, it's a cheap excuse to put "self-loathing" over the groin ;)

*never lose sight of the whole picture*

Attachments

• depression.jpg
    depression.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 136

Dubyadude1986

here's a few for the day..

* have you thought about west papua today?

* self-esteem can only come from within (did i read that here? good one..)

* (hours later) aah some other time, got distracted. that can happen

Damnit Bob. I can't believe this. SMH and LOL simultaneously... It's Tahiti, not West Paupa; would have saw you way sooner.;)

Last edited:

noraleader

Banned
online dating.. i wonder how the future generations will fare when breeding is selected by internet profiles instead of pheromonal interaction. online astrology relationship advice.. "you were born because my astrology forum said i should date your father/mother.."

other thought for the day.. when you laugh at an old man, it is he who is laughing. course, when i was a kid, my words weren't stored online for posterity. still eternal though.

let the kallisti liberation front ask you a question... what time is love?
what time is love?
what time is love?
what time is love?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjL5uCMv9OM

noraleader

Banned
(the KLF were big back in the day, noted for eg. burning 1 million u.k. pounds during a small concert on the isle of man - something in your world to think about)

if anyone ever questions you, especially on an internet forum, make sure to act egregiously offended and proceed to wipe the floor with them.

no, no, wait -

the reasoning behind this, is that, especially if your material is weak, what you lose in "mature credibility" you gain in sensationalism. people aren't reading forums looking for everyone to be nice to each other, they want blood, shredded guts flying through the air, car crashes and derailments. bloody axe murders. this is what keeps people reading your thread. no one care sif you are just making tea parties and being polite, rip their innards out and prance around wearing them draped around your shoulders.

like mc 900 ft. jesus said, "truth is out of style". no one wants the truth in america, lies take art, skill, panache and real dedication. anyone can tell the truth. liars must be brave and earn their audience through sweat and painstakingly crafted labour. didn't depeche mode say, "lie to me, like they do it in the factory" - there, mouth of god hisself.

noraleader

Banned
there seems to be no terminus to the amount of triviality to matters people believe astrology can determine.. here is my natal chart... where did i leave my dunkin donuts rewards card?

allow me to modulate this supposition in a helpful manner:

if we are assuming that the position of planets affects all aspects of our quotidian existence, without getting into the details of free will/predestination rhetoric, but staying in a region of concern where we are intending to provide some assistance to the action of living.. be it siginificant matters or minor..

..if we expect that the universe is this tightly integrated, does it not also make sense that we will find answers, *anywhere* we look?

again.... if the universe is one cohesive, confluent, unified equation, if we have one manifestation for it, intending to find the actuality of another, then does it not follow that any manifestation ought to bear the same utility?

let's provide an example..

the position of the planets is somewhat intangible from most vantages in life, but there are many tangible things around you.. divination is the same whether casting tarot, tea leaves, or runes...

why cannot one cast *anything* ?

why cannot one cast from your sock collection?

all one requires is some way to transfer the particularities of socks into meaningful data... to be able to *abstract* or.. as it is said in astrology.. to *synthesize* from the parts...

left argyle toe touches the ankle of mauve knee-length.. your DD rewards card is in the glove box. argyle (pattern, integration) toe (access) = DD card.. mauve.. the colour of your celica's shag upholstery.. knee = glove box. simple, right?

read/cast from your current facial expression.. the objects in your field of vision when asking the question.. the sounds in the last five seconds.. all you need is the ability to abstract from one form/semantic into another form/semantic.

at the very least, this exercise in abstraction will expand semantic consideration and expand one's ability to sort data. at the very most, one may experience a profound and confluent functioning in the act of creative synthesis. own the universe. own it! its yours!!

Kitchy

Banned
It's too bad you never got to meet Anca here on ACF. You and she would have found much in common of abstract. Maybe she'll return one day.

noraleader

Banned
i have so many stigma for cultural heterogeny, notably immigrating to the u.s. in 1980, abstraction is for me a form of helping people to appreciate each other, and i think for most people who are "very"/"engagingly" or "challengingly" abstract or surreal, it is the same :) i often enjoy more the company of people who i can give to, otherwise i feel like a bump on a log, because polycultural prosletysation is "all i do" really :)

eg. dubyadude didn't like my advocacy of awareness of west papua, mentioning tahiti, which has much more utility to people for pleasure and recreation (aamof i recently added a j&p "tahitian sunset" to the rose garden, very fruity, earthy scent, large blooms, lovely array of hues..) .. to me, this is useless because people in tahiti aren't being macheted and shot for sixty years by their "government" so that other nations can mine their land into slag (the u.s. government pays the indonesian military a mere $3mil a year to suppress the indigenous population.. there are so many pictures of people hacked up, a parochial students body burned to ashes, but still in the same shape, you can even see her school uniform). so i see awareness of west papua as much better suited to my purpose of helping people help each other, because i believe in the synergist dynamic, strength from many points.

and so, i appreciate that you took a moment to read some of my posts, because i think we always have the potential to gain from each other, as long as we are prudent and guard ourselves against those who intend to opportune on our openness and amicability :)

i think it is an american saying, "the price of liberty is constant vigilance!" .. which is why i love china's martial monastic culture! ;)

I cee

i like to read these kinds of threads in various forums as they catch and invite considerations not quite worth an entire post.. whichever topic i study, as an advocate kind of person, i do like insight into the community around a topic.. good erudition :)

of course thoughts would be something you generally feel an community of persons interested in astrology might find worth reading, but each of our estimations of this is likely to vary...

..here's my hazy morning thought for the day...

a short while ago i heard a bit by sadhguru about the personal intensity of yogis being perceived as anger.. his thought was that it takes intensity to actuate the step past the sixth chakra, and that for many yogis this appears as anger to persons who are in other stages of awareness. hmm.

the mockingbird around here likes to do this bit about saying "peanut butter" repeatedly as fast as you can as a gauge of anger, or intensity. if you crash and burn after a few times, you're not angry or intense. if you can pronounce it precisely several times rapidly then you are intensely focused.

i thought it was kind of interesting, not really worth a thread, ... i mean, how often do people think, "hmm, am i really angry, i'd better perform a test to find out.."

maybe performing the test is a way of switching from anger to objective intensity? ;)
"How often do people think, hmmm, am I angry".....I wish they did.... It would save a lot of hostility from one another, because..so many people don't realise how angry they are.....and the effects this has on everyday life......you have to be really honest with your'e own anger....its a mars thing....so many project what they find.....dark and threatening to themselves...onto others, in order to relieve themselves....because it fears them so.
Why......

Status
Not open for further replies.