View Single Post
Unread 04-09-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOtsOanoNymousS View Post
I think, in my opinion and personal experience with Libras that their indecisiveness comes from what they actually symbolize, a scale; they're an air sign= communicators, thinkers, logical minds so while they're the judges of the zodiac (along with some other signs) they're also diplomats and people pleasers, they want an harmonious and rewarding life after all; so I think that, in order to do this in this way they need to put on the plates, on each side of the scale everything they need to consider, in order to make THE best decision. So I think it could also be reasonable for them to "make a mistake", because absolute truth , perfect choices simply don't exist, and maybe because they get anxiety and so on from doing that, as they don't like to be constantly in the spotlight (mars fall); while I think that virgos, for example, are that kind of judges (as you were saying, more in an analytical, meticulous way) they are more, not blunt, like they always care in what they believe, and most of the time they have reasonable motives to do that, not that they're better in this way but they're simply less people pleasers and more of "I speak for myself" kind of ppl. For those reasons I think that Libras are the less cardinal sign in this way, their still cardinal (active, ambitious people) but they could have troubles with being initiatiors and decision makers, I'm afraid.
I disagree with the majority of this. I dont think I'm much of a "people pleaser." Not every Virgo I meet is a people pleaser either but I've met plenty (mostly women) who certainly seem that way; very shy and they don't speak much and I think this often stems from a fear of saying the wrong thing, whereas Libras are generally more social. However, a lot of Virgo Suns have planets in Libra and vice versa (personally most of the Virgo Suns I know have Mercury in Libra and most of the Libra Suns I know have Venus in Virgo). So I guess in some ways it can be hard to differentiate the two.

I speak as a Libra, without any Virgo planets (unless you count Chiron which I don't), though I do have a 6th house stellium

Libras and Virgo's are actually very similar when you think about it, very different too though. I find this is often the case with adjacent signs, like Aquarius and Pisces. They're both perfectionists in their own way and they both overthink and they both are stereotyped to be more innocent than they really are (Virgo's being the virgin and all). And they're both associated with judgement and objectivity, though Virgo, I think is more of a "critic" than a judge. I think they're different though. Virgo is more about perfecting a skill. Virgo will overthink what they're doing - for example, maybe they want their essay to be perfect (although I can honestly relate to this to, I associate more work-related things with Virgo.) Libra is more about social matters. They want to strive for the perfect ideal of fairness and harmony.

But you're totally right about where Libras "indecisiveness" comes from. The thing is, I don't think this is always a bad thing - this isn't bad for a judge or a journalist sticking to the facts or anyone who has to make a broader decision - but we live in a culture that values fast action, quick decision making, and Libras often feel rushed. IMO, there are two main reasons why Libras make bad decisions and I speak from experience: 1. Being rushed 2. Listening too much to other people and doubting your own intuition as a result. This is not something Libras should be doing.

Last edited by craft94; 04-09-2017 at 04:28 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to craft94 For This Useful Post:
sylph (04-09-2017)