Thread: Harmonics
View Single Post
Unread 09-10-2006, 11:50 PM

Re: Harmonics

I mainly use the 8th, 12th, and 16th harmonic charts.

in the 8th harmonic, tight-orbed oppositions, squares, semisquares and sesquiquadrates show up as conjunctions.

In the 12th, Semisextiles, sextiles, squares, trines, quincunxs and oppositions (all the major "30 degree" aspects) show up as conjunctions.

In the 16th, all the 8th harmonic aspects, plus 22.5, 67.5, 112.5, and 157.5 show up as conjunctions.

This makes finding aspects in the chart very easy, as conjunctions are most obvious.

I've never paid much attention to aspects in a harmonic chart... They can be somewhat misleading.. For example, a 1st harmonic (actual) semisextile is a trine in the 4th harmonic.

What I do find to work, relating to angular placement in harmonic charts, is midpoints. unlike aspects, midpoints totally change in a harmonic chart.. and thus they are the most sound indicator of energy flow in a harmonic chart.

Harmonic midpoints function just like regular midpoints, except that they function stronger in the specific sort of experience indicated by the harmonic.

The meaning of each harmonic chart can be taken directly from the numerology of the harmonic, or the meaning of the aspect it is based upon. As such, The 4th harmonic is considered the "challenge" harmonic because it lines up with the 4/360 aspect, 90 degrees, the square, aspect of challenge.