View Single Post
Unread 09-09-2009, 11:55 AM

Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

I am going to stick to the main source of disagreement that I have and not disagree with things just to disagree. I don't agree with you that looks are either something you have or don't have.

Who is going to be the judge of who has or doesn't have beauty? Beauty is very subjective. You and I have already illustrated that we probally would not agree on what we find beautiful. You might find a woman in very casual attire, such as jogging pants, to be beautiful, but I most likely would not because I have a different preference in beauty. Shall society be the judge? If so, we're all in trouble because none of us would measure up to that standard of perfection. Who should a person take to be their judge? Should they believe the person who says they don't have it, or should they believe the man who said they thought they were the most beautiful thing on the face of the earth they first time they saw them?

Perhaps each person should decide for themselves whether they are attractive or not and throw this idea of you either have it or don't have it to the curve.

Now, you might wonder why I've taken the time to disagree with you. The reason is that I believe the idea that you either have beauty or you don't is an unhealthy view point. It's too rigid of a view on beauty and doesn't take into account how subjective beauty is. I would hate to see someone read that statement and think it is true and have them suffer for believing it. It's not as if there is a criteria that we have to meet to "have it". I couldn't let such an unhealthy idea stand unchallenged. When I said earlier that everyone is beautiful to someone, I meant it. There will always be someone who finds a person beautiful on a purely physical level with out even knowing that person's personality.

The idea, that we should all wake up in the morning and with out any effort at all look stunningly beautiful because we were born with it is unrealistic. I just don't know any women like that. The vast majority of women have to take care of their apperance to look good. This idea sets an unrealistic standard for women.

You said that chart aspects can't indicate physical beauty. Personally, I'm sitting on the fence on that one, but there are thousands of astrologers dating back 1000s of years that would disagree with you on that one.

I do have to say though this is a fitting conversation to have while mercury is retrograding in libra.

Last edited by lilllybelle; 09-09-2009 at 12:00 PM.