hotel management or theatre arts?

hello there,

i am wondering whether i should go into the hotel management or theatre arts program at college this fall?

i am unsure of which houses to look at to signify both? or should i look for the higher education house?

thanks in advance :)

oh right,

i am capricorn rising in this horary -- yes i mean serious business here :p
jupiter & neptune both in my first house... i am confused, but optimistic? haha.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_145_hotel_management_or_theatre_arts_hp.18737.2935.gif
    astro_w2gw_145_hotel_management_or_theatre_arts_hp.18737.2935.gif
    29.1 KB · Views: 46

Jun

I honestly don't really know how to read this or anything, I just wanted to say that maybe theatre arts would be represented by the 5th house? Leo, theatre, makes sense to me. I don't know about hotel management though... maybe...... 6th house? Haha. Guesswork.

jupiter

Hi,
I'll share with You what hit me after seeing this horary chart.
It was the next moon aspect, a square to mars, with mutual reception.
Moon is your cosignificator in the third squaring mars ruler of the third and of the 10th your career house. Athough a square the mutual reception between them fortifies You, your education and your future career.

Seeing jupiter ruler of 2nd h in the Asc and saturn ruler of Asc in the 8th house cusp I see that really the question is how lucrative each option will be for the future. if i'm not correct, there's somehow a money issue here to be sure, it's not just a matter of preferences.

I suspect that you like the theatre arts more. Mercury natural ruler of education in the 5th house cusp in his own sign -powerful - he just formed a square to saturn - you - talked to smn , sth you heard made you worry?. Hotels to me are more a 9th h. issue, having to do mostly with foreign people. But the 9th is also higher education as you said. we see the 9 th h ruler venus being powerful in taurus, although very near the sun. Are you a little bit anxious or afraid of sth regarding your studies?

So go on, have courage despite some delays or difficulties (square)

Why you call yourself littlewoodyallen, you love this art, don't you?

I would follow my heart, despite all.
Good luck.

archergirl

Hi there,

I think this would probably be a better question for a natal chart, rather than a horary chart, especially since you are asking about 'career', which would be seen by the 10th house, whether it was theatre or HM.

Theatre as a pleasurable thing to do would be 5th house; as something you make money from, the 10th.

I would highly recommend Liz Greene's Career Horoscope on the Astrodienst website. It'll set you back about 46 bucks, or so, but it's well worth it. I dithered over career choices for years, and her horoscope analysis really rang some bells with me.

Cheers,
AG:)

jupiter said:
Hi,
I'll share with You what hit me after seeing this horary chart.
It was the next moon aspect, a square to mars, with mutual reception.
Moon is your cosignificator in the third squaring mars ruler of the third and of the 10th your career house. Athough a square the mutual reception between them fortifies You, your education and your future career.

Seeing jupiter ruler of 2nd h in the Asc and saturn ruler of Asc in the 8th house cusp I see that really the question is how lucrative each option will be for the future. if i'm not correct, there's somehow a money issue here to be sure, it's not just a matter of preferences.

I suspect that you like the theatre arts more. Mercury natural ruler of education in the 5th house cusp in his own sign -powerful - he just formed a square to saturn - you - talked to smn , sth you heard made you worry?. Hotels to me are more a 9th h. issue, having to do mostly with foreign people. But the 9th is also higher education as you said. we see the 9 th h ruler venus being powerful in taurus, although very near the sun. Are you a little bit anxious or afraid of sth regarding your studies?

So go on, have courage despite some delays or difficulties (square)

Why you call yourself littlewoodyallen, you love this art, don't you?

I would follow my heart, despite all.
Good luck.
hi, thanks for replying :)

about the money issue - i don't think i'll have problems getting school loans but i do not want to go into school feeling like i 'wasted' my time because TIME IS MONEY :p ( i went to school three years ago for film, dropped out & wasted money so i do not want to repeat that)

this makes me wonder if school is even for me...

now as for how lucrative each option is - i do find that hotel management would easier to find employment & to possibly travel but as for theatre arts, not really... it's very challenging which i like & i guess my progressed moon in leo really wants to express itself, haha. but in the end, i do want to feel like i learned something useful, something that feeds my soul as cheesy as that may sound.

you are right about theatre arts... i feel like it's an option i lean toward more to because it's a growing passion for me but is it practical? i always feel like the most impractical person (especially in my household)

i do worry what i'm going to be doing this year because i've been really out of work & school for awhile, taking odd jobs but never lasting.. but i am really running out of resources, so i thought going back to school might help me maintain some kind of 'routine'.. give me some kind of 'stability'... i'm very air-y, natally. ( i've suffered from 'mental illness' for many years & feel like i gotta get back on the horse)

so yes, i'm anxious about making this decision because i feel like i'm at my rope's end here. i feel as though i gotta go back as soon as possible or i will repeat my life as i have for the past four years of nothingness.

archergirl said:
Hi there,

I think this would probably be a better question for a natal chart, rather than a horary chart, especially since you are asking about 'career', which would be seen by the 10th house, whether it was theatre or HM.

Theatre as a pleasurable thing to do would be 5th house; as something you make money from, the 10th.

I would highly recommend Liz Greene's Career Horoscope on the Astrodienst website. It'll set you back about 46 bucks, or so, but it's well worth it. I dithered over career choices for years, and her horoscope analysis really rang some bells with me.

Cheers,
AG:)

hi thanks for the suggestion, i might look into the liz greene thing...

i'm not really attached to 'money', per se... but since i live in such a capitalistic world.. oy..

i suppose it's not inappropriate to put in my natal chart in this post? if someone would like to take a glance at it. i do have mars & pluto in my fifth, lots of intensity going on there :p

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_114_d_hp.65502.25870.gif
    astro_w2gw_114_d_hp.65502.25870.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 29

jupiter

Dear littlewoodyallen,
4 years or even a month of our life is never "nothingness"
Even though we seem to be going at a snail's pace as long as we breathe we gather experiences, knowledge, even mistakes
We learn from the people we meet
Don't be anxious about doing the same mistakes, You WON'T
Yes I see the stellium in Aquarious.
Also mars was on your rising degree for many months
By the first chart you put on and the majority of cardinals in the angles
as well as by pluto transiting your Asc-Desc axis and not only, I believe that a change is about to happen.
Neptune upon your stellium can be tricky
think ask and then act

Ah Your natal mars ruler of Your natal tenth seems more in the 6th house to me
Good luck

There is a title of a book I like a lot " I fell down 6 times I got up 7 " or sth ilke that...
Do not lose your courage
look straight ahead and keep going
Any Saturn transits lately?
It seems like sth kept you back.

jupiter said:
Dear littlewoodyallen,
4 years or even a month of our life is never "nothingness"
Even though we seem to be going at a snail's pace as long as we breathe we gather experiences, knowledge, even mistakes
We learn from the people we meet
Don't be anxious about doing the same mistakes, You WON'T
Yes I see the stellium in Aquarious.
Also mars was on your rising degree for many months
By the first chart you put on and the majority of cardinals in the angles
as well as by pluto transiting your Asc-Desc axis and not only, I believe that a change is about to happen.
Neptune upon your stellium can be tricky
think ask and then act

Ah Your natal mars ruler of Your natal tenth seems more in the 6th house to me
Good luck

There is a title of a book I like a lot " I fell down 6 times I got up 7 " or sth ilke that...
Do not lose your courage
look straight ahead and keep going
Any Saturn transits lately?
It seems like sth kept you back.

no, you are right..

i have learnt a great deal about life after graduating from highschool (2004)... 3 years or so of that 4 years, i spent my entire life as a recluse.. i did meet a few individuals who shaped my life & how i view it, too as well as studying spirituality on my own time in my bedroom.. i no longer fear death, but embrace it. so okay, maybe those years weren't nothing in terms of growth -- i guess i meant it was nothing because i didn't do the 'normal', work full-time or go to college, graduate, find a job upon graduation like many of my peers.

but i can say that i didn't need to be in school to learn this 'wisdom' - i suppose, i can honestly say that many people i encounter, young, or old.. do not see things the way i do & for that, i feel grateful for those years in solitude & 'captivity'..

these days i no longer want to be the sad recluse, but rather a productive one :p -- i've spent a lot of time THINKING (my bad habit), i ask myself questions sometimes but receiving answers i feel disappointed in because i'm starting to think that i must start ACTING this time.

mars has been helpful for me to crawl out of my shell in the last some odd months, indeed. well actaully, since last summer.. july/august of 2007.

the pluto hitting my asc/dsc.. yeah, that is a major thing - i do feel like big changes are happening or will be.. i feel a great change internally, spiritually, emotionally speaking.. but i heard that i should take care of my health as well?

the mars in my natal chart looks like its hugging the 6th house cusp, but it is in the 5th... perhaps maybe it could be read as being in both?

there must be some kind of heavy saturn transit.. it is in my third house.. maybe it could explain the mental heaviness?

do you know who wrote that book? i can't seem to google that title.

thanks. :)