Random astrological comments

Jesse Booth

Thanks. I wonder how many other people on this forum don't have any planets in water signs? Other than the four of us, I don't think I've run into any others. I do know two people with no air in their charts, but one of them isn't on the forum and the other one got banned. Rest in peace, childofmars. I have absolutely no idea what you did to get banned.

Yanel

Re: Strongly lack of water element???

I don't have planets in water, too, but I'm feeling like a water sign, go figure lol.

StillConfused

I do know two people with no air in their charts, but one of them isn't on the forum and the other one got banned. Rest in peace, childofmars. I have absolutely no idea what you did to get banned.

Hahahahaha Air imbalances got communication work to do. But then again that's what the communication obsession is for ;-)

Jesse Booth

We all joined the forum within a month or two(except for still confused). I wonder if there's a chart aspect we all share that might have something to do with the timing?

StillConfused

We all joined the forum within a month or two(except for still confused). I wonder if there's a chart aspect we all share that might have something to do with the timing?

Hmm could be interesting to ponder about the common chart aspect but I think we are going through interesting times as it is, with the Aquarian Age having commenced about a year ago and the epic Grand Cross that formed around the New year and the New Moon joined Pluto, Mercury, and the Sun in the same part of the astrological sky.

Almine said time itself is now different, although we keep using the same clock system each unit of time actually a lot more condensed in value. This can make us incredibly productive provided we allow ourselves to flow towards our desires, but it is also a tense energy that can freak us out and create a lot of anxiety and so many actions to take that is usually counterproductive unless harnessed.

I was watching one of Gabrielle Bernstein's talks and learned that one of Yogi Bhajan's 5 sutras of the Aquarian Age is, "1/3 will commit suicide, 1/3 will go mad, and 1/3 will wake up". I found that so hilarious because I watched it happening around me and I myself felt like I was somewhere in between (2) and (3) xD.

So what I'm getting at is that there's revolutionary energy in the air to be sensitive to at this time and very uncomfortable transitions to be going through. For instance, chart imbalances can be a very sensitive issue that can make learning about astrology very uncomfortable for the first few..er.. what feels like forever. Yet we are pulled to astrology because it can be a means of expanding our perceptions and becoming aware of a bigger synchronistic universal all-is-connected picture, as well as healing our insecurities mercilessly and fast.

The Grand Crosses in the sky in 2014 are calling on us to make liberating changes to our lives more efficiently than ever before, so you'll notice accelerated "waking up" and questions concerning life preferences and what is beyond the third dimension, happening on a collective scale, this started in 2013. All of us have obviously attracted each other because we reflect some of each other's wounds, so maybe that's a fraction of the subconscious force that drove you guys to subscribe to this forum within the same time interval ;-)

Jesse Booth

This isn't a sensitive issue for me at all. Once I started to study astrology, that is. Before, I thought there was something wrong with me. Now, I'm perfectly fine with my somewhat violent suppression of my emotions. By the way, I don't get what the difference between the going mad and the waking up things. They seem to go hand in hand to me!:sideways:

Also, I'M FINALLY A SENIOR MEMBER! THIS HAS BEEN MY SINGLE PURPOSE IN LIFE SINCE I REALIZED I WAS THREE POSTS AWAY FROM BEING A SENIOR MEMBER! THIS MAY NOT BE THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE, BUT IT'S PRETTY GOOD AS FAR AS MOST DAYS GO!

Almost forgot to have a ridiculous explosion of excitement upon becoming a senior member.

StillConfused

This isn't a sensitive issue for me at all. Once I started to study astrology, that is. Before, I thought there was something wrong with me. Now, I'm perfectly fine with my somewhat violent suppression of my emotions. By the way, I don't get what the difference between the going mad and the waking up things. They seem to go hand in hand to me!:sideways:

Also, I'M FINALLY A SENIOR MEMBER! THIS HAS BEEN MY SINGLE PURPOSE IN LIFE SINCE I REALIZED I WAS THREE POSTS AWAY FROM BEING A SENIOR MEMBER! THIS MAY NOT BE THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE, BUT IT'S PRETTY GOOD AS FAR AS MOST DAYS GO!

Almost forgot to have a ridiculous explosion of excitement upon becoming a senior member.

Jesse, you are so. FUNNY.

Lol maybe Astrology doesn't make you suffer because you're so ready to accept how you are, think, and feel. You have to be pretty good at that to be so openly witty. Your wit seems to cut right to the heart of the untold matter.

For me, I was definitely wanting to see some Scorpio stellium to validate the way I am and I didn't get that. I am not the singular host of this disease. It appears very prominent throughout the whole Pluto in Scorpio generation (tropical) that are low on water, perhaps because Pluto ends up holding so much of the chart's energy.

Lol I can't help but notice the stark contrast in our posts as I bring the energy back to sobriety.

By the way, it's charts like yours that can't help but ignite my faith in the sidereal zodiac. Granted, I can't say I know you. But if you're so social and witty, and sarcastic, and not too bothered by not seeing too much water in your chart, could you be a Capricorn with a Pluto on a Scorpio Ascendant and suffer from an Air imbalance instead, have a Leo MC, and a Sagittarian Mercury and Venus? Any thoughts about your sidereal chart? Does it make you feel more uncomfortable than your tropical chart?

Yanel

Can I ask something? What is the main difference between the tropical and the sidereal charts? And which is more accurate in terms of the more inner qualities of someone? I'm trying to find the right way(for me) for interpretation.:andy:

Jesse Booth

I do my charts tropical every time. I tried sidereal, but it was massively inaccurate for me. The aquarian identity crisis stands up to scrutiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If there is a massive difference between two charts for your birth time, only one of them is accurate.

As Ayn Rand said, "If you find a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong."

#AynRandquote #f*ckyousiderealchart #hashtag #wrongwebsiteforhashtag #stickingtoajokefortoolong #outofhashtags #ohwaitthere'sonemore #YOLO

Last edited:

Jesse Booth

Sidereal astrology is only useful to me in regards to astrological ages. For everything else, I use tropical. If that's absolutely dead-on accurate for me down to the very last degree, something that's offset from that will not be accurate whatsoever.If you were getting some kind of Capricorn and Sagittarius vibe, that's because of my Capricorn stellium and Sagittarius ascendent. No idea where Scorpio comes from.

#morehashtags #stillf*ckyousiderealchart #lookupthelonelyislandonyoutubetheyhaveasongcalledYOLOit'sreallyfunny #reallylonghashtagbacktherewasn'tit?

StillConfused

Can I ask something? What is the main difference between the tropical and the sidereal charts? And which is more accurate in terms of the more inner qualities of someone? I'm trying to find the right way(for me) for interpretation.:andy:

The difference is that the tropical doesn't go by constellations. It goes by seasons, with the Spring equinox marking the start of Aries, Summer Equinox begins Cancer, etc. Sidereal means "fixed star" and is more closely correlated with the actual positions of the constellations in the sky. So in this zodiac, when a planet is in Sagittarius, it is actually among the stars of the centuar constellation that symbolizes Sagittarius. In the tropical zodiac, this may be considered Capricorn, as the degrees of the sidereal zodiac are about 24 behind the tropical. Example: if Mars is at 2° of Capricorn in the tropical zodiac, it will be at about 8° of Sagittarius in the sidereal zodiac. The reason there is a difference is due to the Earth's movement causing a precession of the equinoxes, and you can get into the astronomy of it or stick with the astrology, but here's a quick astronomy video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-DYgGFjI

As to which is better, it's a complex matter and there are so many different opinions amongst astrologers. The general rule is that the tropical zodiac is used by Western Astrologers, and the sidereal by Vedic Astrologers. Vedic Astrology came from India and has its differences, extending way beyond just the birth chart, called the Rasi, as they have divisional charts and consider dasha periods, etc. It's very vast. As is Western in it's own way, with asteroids and degrees, midpoints, progressions, harmonics and such it can get as complex as we'd like to make it, but for a single person it mainly sticks to their natal and progressed chart as far as I can tell.

Some modern Vedic astrologers find they are more accurate when using the tropical zodiac, some Western astrologers use the sidereal zodiac. Lots of opinions out there and astrology has a long and complex history.

I'm not sure which is more accurate in terms of inner qualities but there one kind of chart that is immune to the difference between these zodiacs and it is the draconic chart. It is thought to signify the soul's journey whereas the geocentric chart (natal) signifies the ego's journey.

The draconic chart is calculated by moving all placements around the elliptic (represented by the chart wheel) until the North Node is on 0° Aries. If you're familiar with Astrodienst it has all these features and more, so it will generate an accurate rendition of both the natal chart using the sidereal zodiac and the draconic chart.

cheers

Jesse Booth

I wonder how gracemontez will react to what we've been talking about for the last fifteen posts or so on her thread? I'll tell you what we haven't been doing, and that's staying on track! I just sort of hijacked this thread, whan you think about it.:sideways:

...I may have gone a little overboard on the excessive hashtags back there. Sorry.

#imnotreallysorry

Last edited:

StillConfused

If there is a massive difference between two charts for your birth time, only one of them is accurate.

As Ayn Rand said, "If you find a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong."

A lot of people feel this way but I don't necessarily agree. I'm actually back from a phase of divorcing the tropical zodiac, but I'm back to reconsider. Who knows, I might divorce it again. Or I might divorce the sidereal one day. But right now the prospect of both operating on different levels of ourselves seems possible.

If you believe in the Aquarian Age you believe in the validity of the sidereal zodiac on some level. Which you haven't contradicted. So there.

And I actually got quite a predictable response from you about it, because something could be inaccurate to someone, but unless it's pushing some kind of button there's no need to be so fired up about it. Astrology pushes my buttons all the time. It's ok. And elemental imbalances ARE a sensitive issue.

Jesse Booth

The Joy of Hate

It doesn't push my buttons at all. And that makes me absolutely furious. :mad:

By the way, The Joy of Hate is a book by Greg Gutfeld. I really want to read it. You guys should buy it and read it. I have no idea whatsoever what it's about. But I still want to read it. I like Greg Gutfeld. He's funny.

Last edited:

Yanel

Hey, Jesse, my mom has the same birth date as yours. But she is on this planet from a 'little'' bit longer than you :lol:.
As for the different charts...Wow, there is a variety to the chaos?:andy: I've heard about Vedic astrology but it sounds too distant and I'm not sure if I am prepared to dive in it right now. I'm still on the 1st level of the Western and I'm confused and angered about certain things. I feel like there is something that my chart can't quite explain. Like something crucial is missing from it. And the element imbalance plays a big role for my frustration. Because I don't really feel the water element missing. Or I don't know how exactly feels to miss it:andy:. I know that my invisible soul(a term I just invented) is a Scorpio and then astrology steps in and slaps me hard with earth, air and fire. Really hard, as my chart can show.

Last edited:

Jesse Booth

That's your higher self you're referring to. You should try astrodeinist's chart generator, and use all it's fancy bells and whistles to add the asteroids and arabic parts and all those other complicated things. I've gone to dozens of different astrology websites, and I always manage to find a new part of myself I've never come across before. But try to learn about arabic parts when you're confident with the basics. I like arabic parts a lot.

...#advice

StillConfused

Hey, Jesse, my mom has the same birth date as yours. But she is on this planet from a 'little'' bit longer than you :lol:.
As for the different charts...Wow, there is a variety to the chaos?:andy: I've heard about Vedic astrology but it sounds too distant and I'm not sure if I am prepared to dive in it right now. I'm still on the 1st level of the Western and I'm confused and angered about certain things. I feel like there is something that my chart can't quite explain. Like something crucial is missing from it. And the element imbalance plays a big role for my frustration. Because I don't really feel the water element missing. Or I don't know how exactly feels to miss it:andy:. I know that my invisible soul(a term I just invented) is a Scorpio and then astrology steps in and slaps me hard with earth, air and fire. Really hard, as my chart can show.

I feel you!!

Edit: Don't know what advice would be better: (a) to check all sorts of charts, sidereal, draconic, heliocentric, etc. and see where things can be explained/balanced out. And majorly dissect your Moon. Is it affected by Lilith, how else is it aspected, etc.

or (b) Work with the issues brought up by your Western natal chart and try to understand the ways in which the water imbalance is real. Remember it just makes that element that much more important to you, and you crave it to feel alive.

I have a definite water imbalance because water is weak in ALL my charts except my Navamsa which is a Vedic divisional chart. So while I could have a fire imbalance I DEFINITELY have a water imbalance. And as a child I wanted to be a vegetarian. My grandparents live on farms, and a lot of chicken weren't killed when I was little because of my screaming. (Eventually I grew up and learned that it was inappropriate to deprive other people of their food and was taught in school how many grams of daily protein I need etc. and sometimes life just encourages you to step on your emotions, strengthen your head, but that's another story.) I'm the first to sob at a movie, sometimes uncontrollably so. When surrounded by people like Jesse (just saying hi) who didn't get it, depending on how secure in myself I was feeling, I would thank the lord for the room's darkness/laugh in embarassment and/or I'd feel empathically superior.

Fast forward to learning how to read charts in 2013 and I'm trying every astrological avenue to find that certification for a sensitive soul. Never did, my answer thus far is the imbalance's "compensation". Compensation sounds a little harsh but that's only because we associate it to criticism, or to a lack of genuinity, but it's niether, it's just compensation. I truly believe an imbalance (and everyone has some sort of imbalance) is a channel to connect with Source energy, because it forces us to seek beyond ourselves. A lot of our generation were probably born with the water imbalance due to where the outer planets have been for the past few decades before a few years ago.

Last edited: