Random Thoughts, strictly Text

conspiracy theorist

I've heard the complaint about complexity before on here. Personally I can't speak with much range irl so I let it all hang out on the web, or with a couple people I know personally.

Loving the ingress of Mercury in Scorpio. I got a lot of progress done today in mercurial matters. A recapitulation (oh god) of goals and objectives.

moonkat235

See that sounds like torture to me. Smelly and lonely just like solitary confinement.

Yeah the prison system is whack. Recidivism rates are so high, because we don't allow for redemption and keep the cycle going. I understand in some cases that people shouldn't be in society though I'm not sure how prison is a real 'solution'.

moonkat235

It makes me nuts thinking about how many people are in prison for things like small amounts of marijuana, when it is such a big industry out here now with white collar types.

Right? Dumb af.

Also, I have a friend, who I'm not as close with right now, but after he got locked up for armed robbery and got released, he's just never been able to get a job. He did construction for a bit, but the manager didn't follow through on paying him and my friend figured there was no way to argue that sort of slimy BS.

Hkk

Account Closed
I've heard the complaint about complexity before on here. Personally I can't speak with much range irl so I let it all hang out on the web, or with a couple people I know personally.

Loving the ingress of Mercury in Scorpio. I got a lot of progress done today in mercurial matters. A recapitulation (oh god) of goals and objectives.

I'm not complaining. Just an observation. If you got it, flaunt it!

Progress...Sounds good. Goals and objectives....this is how magic happens :cool:

Hkk

Account Closed
Sure. But yes, we all have nerves.

Yes, we do all have nerves. You choose if you let someone hit these nerves. Nobody can hurt me without my permission - Mahatma Gandhi - God rest his soul

You come across very young. Maybe in your early twenties....

Hkk

Account Closed
Social rules are designed for the peanut gallery. I try not to think about it in the big picture too much these days because it's one of my triggers for existential despair. Just do what we can on the small scale while remembering the big picture.

Okay. Thanks. Uh, I mostly feel that way.

Oh so your not? Your a sag right? only remember as you got annoyed with my sag opinion:wink:....They are young at heart most of the time

Hkk

Account Closed
CT i was trying to remember the name you said might fit me. I had to go back on the thread and i found it.

Cornucopi........i can't telling people about this and the definition. It just tickles me :w00t:

Hkk

Account Closed
you remember that! No, you're entitled to an opinion. It's more the way the opinion was wielded like a weapon when you have a Sag stellium yourself.

Yeah no, I'm old. Not old enough to be wise, but old enough to wear comfy clothing.

I remember everything. I keep it in my memory box head lol

I'm like a weapon when I'm expressing opinions. Mostly the weapon is attention-seeking. I'm not ashamed either. lol.

You can never be old enough to wear comfy clothing lmao. Whats your rising?

moonkat235

Social rules are designed for the peanut gallery. I try not to think about it in the big picture too much these days because it's one of my triggers for existential despair. Just do what we can on the small scale while remembering the big picture.

I can feel that. I just try to meet people from different walks of life and I do try to practice empathy and question my more internal biases and motivations. In my fiction writing class, we talked about radical empathy as the core of what fiction writing really is. It's becoming your characters basically.

I liked that and I think it's applicable to life just generally. I find people really fascinating and I get a lot of fulfillment from hearing people's stories.

One of the dishwashers at work, he got out of prison after like a decade. He took the fall for a botched armed robbery. They shot a guy in the knees and he never walked again. Oh and the dishwasher also had a peg leg interestingly. Anyway, we used to smoke Newports in the alley behind work and he'd tell me some stories and stuff about how he used to kidnap and rob people and I'm not super phased by that, so we were cool.

One day, he came into work smiling like usual and offhandedly mentioned to another server that his son was shot in the head and killed a few hours earlier, and then he went about his day. My coworker started crying and talking about how she empathized so much with him and must be feeling what he's feeling.

That never sat well with me. I had to help her calm down, because she wanted to leave work, etc. I figured empathy is feeling what another person is actually feeling, really immersing yourself in one's perspective and even though I can imagine how awful that would feel, I got the sense that the most prominent emotion he had at the time was rage.

I don't like when people project onto me how I must be feeling and take their reaction to it as 'empathy'. That doesn't vibe with me, so I try not to do it to others. Still nice that people care, but like, I want to work on really seeing rather than assuming or 'knowing' a person.

Anyway, that whole story was to say I feel like learning how to truly empathize is something I find fulfillment from and maybe it could be potentially healing for others too. I think that helps me when I despair.