Random Thoughts, strictly Text

moonkat235

The funniest part is how others can associate smoking with a level of chill psychological imperturbability. When they're really a coping mechanism for burning anxiety. It helped me to be told that the lungs are the seat of grief in Chinese medicine.

Yeah it's a destructive coping mechanism. For me, it had a lot to do with anxiety and boredom and avoidance of responsibilities, hence the two packs a day frequency. Not gonna lie, I thought it made me look a certain way and I liked that perception. It didn't fit with the rest of my presentation, which looks straight edge, innocent, maybe even naive. I liked having incongruent facets to how people see me.

moonkat235

It was also just really terrible for my asthma and my stomach was messed up pretty bad when I was smoking. I wish it didn't have such an aesthetic appeal to me, but it did.

david starling

It was also just really terrible for my asthma and my stomach was messed up pretty bad when I was smoking. I wish it didn't have such an aesthetic appeal to me, but it did.

You have to listen to what your body is telling you!
I had to stop eating red meat for that reason alone, although I had ethical issues with it as well.

moonkat235

I agree that when you're young it is a shortcut direct way of saying to people "accord me some depth and space beyond your limited perception and imagination, please." Since we are mirror-oriented creatures that seems to matter to us quite a bit.

Mirror-oriented creatures. I like that.

It made me think of that Sevdaliza video for her song 'Human' that I linked a while ago. The description is a quote, 'the basic human need to be watched was once satisfied by god' and then I was thinking of mirroring and how the Bible says we were created in God's image, etc.

Apparently the quote comes from Deus Ex, a 2000 video game, or something. I haven't heard of it before. Never been into video games.

Hkk

Account Closed
The problem is I combine the usage of coffee and cigarettes for a day, 5-7 cup of coffee and a pack turbo of cigarrette. And I agree with Hkk's suggestion with smoke pretend, I'll try it with lollipop candy for sure.

lmao not real smoke pretend SCU lmao!!!! I mean that stuff....you know....omg had to look it up....VAPE?

Hkk

Account Closed
Live in the 1st heaven of hermetic's logic and around the epicentre of 1st heaven of archipelago. Your life style dictate my naration that you're a nun, can you confirm this assumption?

i think your asking me if i live like a nun. i don't understand the first part, I'm sorry. Can you rephrase this part? Might as well become a nun the way it's going lol.

To me, sometimes, this place, the words used are like complex. I don't understand half the stuff you all say. Some are worse than others maybe to fit in...not sure.

moonkat235

Me neither on video games.

Yea that video it was something else. We were just talking about the superego / conscience factor the other day too which is what that quote made me think of.

Mirroring came up in my esoteric practical philosophy class this morning. I won't go into the details but the teacher shared a kind of related story about using mirror therapy for people who had been amputated but had phantom pain too intense to go about living or accept prosthetics. Which I thought was super cool and have been thinking about all morning.

Oh I've heard of mirror therapy for amputees! We talked about it in my 'how the brain works' class a few years ago. So fascinating.

Speaking of that class, one thing I always remember is how a singular neuron in a petri dish forms little connections to itself. It gets lonely I guess. Poor lil neuron. When I heard that, my friend's dad was in solitary confinement in prison and all I could think was, I wonder how that's going and if he's talking to himself, etc. Kind of a weird thought, but it's stuck with me for years and I never forgot about poor lil singular neurons being all lonely in their petri dishes.