My progressed moon is balsamic

HoldOrFold

My progressed moon is balsamic at the moment and will be a new moon in 2 years.

I just discovered this and it makes sense because I've noticed generally less motivation for things, becoming more introverted, and losing touch with friends.

But the thing is there's so much I want to start and sort out and 2 years seems a long time to wait to get my gusto back.

Has anyone got any tips for succeeding in the balsamic phase?

kimbermoon

You have to consider much more than just one factor in the chart to make an assessment. Here we like to see the chart visually. The balsamic phase is about integrating, reviewing, reflection and self analysis in the search for balance in life. Much depends on all the other transits going on at the same time with the progressed factors. :wink:

HoldOrFold

Hey Kimbermoon, yeah I haven't really looked into a progressed chart before.

I read about the balsamic phase of the progressed moon, and it seemed to fit pretty perfectly as a kind of background feeling to everything, regardless of direct transits happening at any particular time.

Here it is from astro.com:

astro_245gw_01_dave_2014529_he_52210_61163.gif

Last edited:

kimbermoon

the balsamic phase is about preparing for a new cycle of activity; Moon is just getting ready to leave the 7th H of relationships, but has many months to go before reaching the New Moon phase. Since the pMoon is leaving the square to pJupiter, you may feel a lack of opportunities, or benefits for a time; a time of emotional review and expanding your emotional boundaries; integration and planning. The Moon progresses at about 1 degree per month [in the primary directions], thus you can take note of it's movements month by month. Action and momentum can currently be disrupted by the Mars and Mercury/Venus interactions, and this can cause disruptions in communication and interactions with others. Personally I prefer to see the progressions and transits overlaid with the natal chart, for greater definition.

HoldOrFold

Thanks Kimbermoon, I've changed the image in the above post to have the natal and transits with the progressions.

Yeah, I'm a bit weary of having the moon move in to the progressed 8th house and eventually in a few years the Sun will oppose Saturn for the forseable future.

It would be nice to have something to look forward to, astrologically wise! :pinched:

kimbermoon

Now we have more data to work with:
PMoon in the 8th, with PSun in the 9th; this is the time for clearing up any emotional blockages from the past, and discovering new ways of seeing your direction in life from a higher perspective. Time for planting the seeds for new ways of doing things by adapting your thinking processes. The PMoon is being hampered by it's angle to natal Saturn currently; think and review before proceeding. Complicating matters is the Saturn Return now occurring for you, which symbolizes an important developmental phase in your life, that only occurs once every 30 years approximately. This definitely brings up issues from the past that need to be cleared away. Since natal Saturn trines Venus and the Moon in the chart, this can indicate greater stability and support through female family members; with natal Uranus afflicting the pair though, the suggestion is that your relationships with them may have been interrupted or led to estrangement through a lack of communication. This may be the time for reconciling any past differences, and seeing how those early relationships affect your other relationships with women [especially in marriage, especially in the next few months. Thus the balsamic Moon phase can be helpful for you in removing any emotional blockages you may carry towards these past interactions, so that you may be free to attain better balance in your personal relationships. At the same time, pMoon is just pulling away from a square with nUranus, which can make for some rather dramatic, erratic, sudden or unexpected changes that could catch you off guard. This seems to be one of the themes playing out for you at this juncture. The good news: transit Jupiter is making a nice trine to natal Venus in your 7th, promising for relationships and perhaps even marriage...transit Neptune will also soon make a promising sextile to your pSun. Things may well be looking up for you after after Saturn turns direct again, and moves away from the heavy influences of the Saturn Return.

HoldOrFold

Thanks Kimbermoon, that was scarily accurate. My mom's coming over from abroad because my grandmother just died and I haven't seen her for a long time. My sisters are getting in contact after a long time too.

A lot of stuff from my past is coming up nowadays, I had a strange childhood where the women in my life left some scars in the deep recesses of my unconscious which definitely has affected my relationships with women in my life. That's all been surfacing this past while. It's nice to know the balsamic moon will help clear that away.

I've also noticed themes in my life where my ability to communicate is challenged, I wonder if that has something to do with my Saturn return being in my 3rd house.

Thanks again, Kimbermoon.

hypatia

Could I jump into the conversations about progressed moon being balsamic.

For me the prog moon leaves the balsamic phase in early January... and in some ways I've really felt like this phase has lasted much much longer than the reality.

I have felt very physically lethargic for the last couple of years since this started (I do what I have to, I function, but no energy for much else), and work-wise and mentally I've been chugging along. I've had multiple transits in the last couple of years regarding my career (including the lovely Plu squ Ura hitting and re-hitting (and re-hitting) with career issues - it's an on-going thing, but it wasn't the only career transit).

Socially I seem to have cut myself off from almost everyone, which has been more pronounced in the last year.

I've also been unwell since the prog moon went balsamic - although no one has been able to see how any transits at all have anything to do with my physical health.

I am attaching my chart as well - if anyone is interested in a comparison, or if you have a comment.

Attachments

• progressed moon.png
    progressed moon.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

hypatia

I know exactly how you feel.

At least yours is moving away in January. You must be relieved!

I have empathy ... a year ago I was pretty well feeling like this would never end.
hold on though... it does draw to an end (eventually). And there are things to learn through all of us, that will matter and be important once all the fog lifts (although I am finding that things are only just now starting to seem like they were important to experience - a year or 2 ago - I saw no significance and felt like I was walking a treadmill, for no gain and no real reason)

HoldOrFold

Yeah, I feel this as a major background to my life atm.

But there's no way I'm not going to make serious progress over these next few years... balsamic or no balsamic moon.

I recently turned 30, just had my Saturn return... need to achieve results. I don't have time to sit around in stewing in balsamic sauce for two years. I already feel as though I wasted my 20's, I don't have time for this ****!

Maybe I'll just try and appease the moon by dedicating a lot of time to meditation and throwing stuff away. Might get it off my back for awhile :bandit:

dhundhun

Hey Kimbermoon, yeah I haven't really looked into a progressed chart before.

I read about the balsamic phase of the progressed moon, and it seemed to fit pretty perfectly as a kind of background feeling to everything, regardless of direct transits happening at any particular time.

For some people balsamic phase is deviation for normal path.

Something happens in the beginning of this phase - due to lack of excitement some step is taken. This lingers until Moon conjunct Natal Sun. I see many good progressed Moon aspects during this phase - they can bring benefits. But when balsamic phase is over, those benefits will fade away.

For you the start coincides with progressed moon conjunct descendant - the time of relationship.

HoldOrFold

Thanks Dhundhun, nice to know it's not all doom and gloom.

For you the start coincides with progressed moon conjunct descendant - the time of relationship.

Not sure I understand this though. The progressed moon was conjunct descendant in September 2011. Do you mean that something started then that is still important now?

hypatia

My mistake reading mixed chart. The Balsamic Moon is with reference to Natal Sun, which is over. The Balsamic moon started Feb 2010 and ended Nov 2013. In my opinion, this is over.

From what I can see FoldOrHold had Balsamic start on 11 Jun 2012 and doesn't end until 22 Jun 2016

HoldOrFold

Dhundhun means the progressed moon in relation to the natal sun. Is that a valid definition of a progressed moon phase? Hope so!

Suffering in Saturn

So the progressed balsamic is in relation to the NATAL sun rather than the PROGRESSED sun?

Me for example, I am completely isolated and hopeless. It does not even feel like I have free will. I cannot do anything to fix the situation I'm in, which is completely beyond my control. It could be my transits with Saturn on my Moon and Pluto and Uranus on my angles, but I feel like I am in Balsamic Moon.

My progressed moon is 8 Cancer, so if it goes by natal sun (9 Leo) I am already in Balsamic and still have about 2 years left (LORD HELP ME!!!) but if it goes by progressed sun (9 Virgo) my Balsamic period has not even started yet. (EVEN WORSE!!!) :w00t:

I have read conflicting things can anyone clear this up? Life has been hell for 3 or 4 years already and with Pluto's slow *** it looks like it might drag on for still a few years more. Will things ever look up? Will pMoon moving from 8th House to 9th make it more tolerable for the next few years?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows.

Attachments

• progressions.jpg
    progressions.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 29
  • progressed.jpg
    progressed.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 29