I am ill in mind and body, please note if there is any information in my chart

I am a classical pianist, I have had noise trauma in the past 6 months, I have been without music for the first time in over 20 years. My soul is empty, my brain is void of stimulation.

I also have an unknown but probably autoimmune condition, I have poor balance and weakness/fatigue. Is there any information on alleviation, timeline, or causation in my chart?

This is my Saturn Return, though it is not direct until December of 2018. My mindset has been poor, but I am all water, and with these conditions, it has been very difficult to maintain positivity with the universe and myself. Modern science cannot do much at all for my ears, I am looking at alternative treatments, as well as borrowed money.

I try to look at life through the lens of lessons, and these conditions have helped me to learn plenty, but I cannot benefit from these lessons if my conditions are not rectified. I cannot have contentment in this life without music. I am so much water, Pisces Moon, and music is my window in to divinity.

I appreciate any input you have,

HumptyDumpty

Attachments

• Astrotheme_F54YPNC7GdRH.png
    Astrotheme_F54YPNC7GdRH.png
    101 KB · Views: 42
  • astro_2gw_humpty_dumpty.42208.14248.jpg
    astro_2gw_humpty_dumpty.42208.14248.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I am a classical pianist, I have had noise trauma in the past 6 months
I have been without music for the first time in over 20 years.
My soul is empty, my brain is void of stimulation.

I also have an unknown but probably autoimmune condition
I have poor balance and weakness/fatigue.

Is there any information on alleviation, timeline, or causation in my chart?

This is my Saturn Return, though it is not direct until December of 2018.
My mindset has been poor, but I am all water, and
with these conditions, it has been very difficult to maintain positivity
with the universe and myself. Modern science cannot do much at all
for my ears, I am looking at alternative treatments, as well as borrowed money.

I try to look at life through the lens of lessons, and
these conditions have helped me to learn plenty, but
I cannot benefit from these lessons if my conditions are not rectified.
I cannot have contentment in this life without music.
I am so much water, Pisces Moon, and music is my window in to divinity.

I appreciate any input you have,

HumptyDumpty
The Rick Simpson Story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysD5NKYaADM :smile:
some input https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bc8rylMjDM
Check https://keytocannabis.com/blogs/cann...il-to-my-house

JUPITERASC

keep in mind that ours is an INFORMAL astrological learning forum
there are no structured classes
members practice astrological skills free :smile:
no one is paid
therefore
responses to threads
are often from members who are beginners with little or no experience
keen to learn by practice
we also have members with many years of astrological study completed

also
members have day jobs
and those of our members who are professionals
do not provide a complete professional reading for free
members who wish to do so are encouraged to discuss interpreting their own charts
to learn by practice

Our GENERAL NATAL ASTROLOGY board
is for BOTH Modern AND Traditional discussion
as well as for BOTH Sidereal AND Tropical discussion
and is at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...isplay.php?f=7

we have a TRADITIONAL ASTROLOGY ONLY board
at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...splay.php?f=92

as well as a
MODERNIST ASTROLOGY ONLY board
discussion is at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...splay.php?f=95

good link for the basics of western tropical astrology is http://www.skyscript.co.uk/

FREE online pdf

http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

interesting discussion
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...d.php?t=112883

and another http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=80531

Hi,
I created new online calculator, which calculates /Full Moons/New Moons/Stationary planets/ in any particular year ... and compares them with your Natal chart:

astro-seek.com/full-moon-transits-in-natal-chart-astrology

Full/New Moons 2018
- transits in Natal houses
- conjunctions with Natal planets

Stations 2018 (stationary planets)
- transits in Natal houses
- conjunctions with Natal planets

Tora

OP, Have you had your vitamin D blood test?
That will your first. Don't suffer in silence. Remedy is out there. You just need to go through one by one to eliminate what's not.

waybread

By "noise trauma" do you mean hearing loss? How is it manifesting? What is your medical prognosis?

Your 6th house of illness and health is ruled by Venus. The first house rules your body, and more specifically the different parts of your head, which would include your ears.

We see Venus in your first house, together with Saturn and Neptune. Venus also rules your MC (career house cusp.) This is an interesting combination for a pianist , as in a general way, Venus rules the fine and performing arts. Saturn can show where we feel frustrated, sad, and not good-enough, but more positively where we can benefit from hard work and self-discipline. You've had to display a lot of hard work and discipline to become a classical pianist! (Possibly despite struggles with Saturnian low self-esteem.) Then Neptune can be a great ally of the arts, because he deals with the beautiful world of illusions. (I'm thinking here of the impressionistic Romantic composers like Debussy! Or possibly sacred music.) Negatively, because Neptune does not deal with reality, he can indicate illnesses that are difficult to diagnose.

Then the third house and Gemini rule the hands. It is interesting to see your sensitive, emotive Pisces moon in the third house. I suspect you just feel the music!

There is a bit of confusion about your chart. It gives your birth data as b. 8/9/89 but the transits are for April 12, not for 12/18.

Your Saturn return is happening now. Generally you will feel a transit from Saturn when it is within a couple of degrees of exact.

Saturn runs a diagnostic on how we deal with reality. (Kind of the opposite of Neptune.) During the first Saturn return, which typically happens around the age of 29, young adults make the transition into middle age. It is usually a time of maturation.

I looked up in my medical astrology handbook the indicators of hearing loss, and I don't think you have them. So hopefully your ears will return to normal or near-normal, even if with a hearing aid.

I'm not psychic or even a professional astrologer, but the more I look at your horoscope, the more prominent music seems in your life. This makes me wonder if a certain amount of your autoimmune systems might improve if you worked on ways to introduce more music back into your life regardless.

I don't mean to paste a happy-smiley face on your health, but I am thinking of someone like Evelyn Glennie https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evelyn_Glennie, or heavens-- Beethoven, who composed brilliantly despite his deafness. I suspect there are programs designed for bringing music to people with hearing impairments who might benefit from your musical knowledge and accomplishments.

Truth be told, haven't you ever composed music, even if simple arrangements?

I know, I know-- this isn't what you wanted. But even if you're an atheist, hopefully you can think metaphorically about the saying, "When God closes a door, he opens a window." Sometimes we have to be pushed towards that window, however.

With all good wishes for your journey, W.

Last edited:
@Waybred,

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure about the issues with my Saturn return or my birthday. My Birthday is November, 08, 1989. If I'm not mistaken, Saturn does not reach my natal degree until December of 2018. You are saying however, that the important transits happen on April 12th? That is today.

In regards to the head and the face, my disorder first presented with facial paralysis, then the autoimmune in the general body and the nerves. I managed to break my nose, had tendonitis in my hands for 6 months, and then damage my ears. My nose is my ethnicity, my hands are my capability, my ears are my soul; it all feels like attacks on my identity and self worth. This all began in late August of 2016. Before any of this happened, I was healthy and strong and capable, I was pulsating with capability and confidence. I had lifted weights for 6 years, and was a machine of an athlete, along with organic diet of vegetables and lean meat. I have been struggling ever since to find my way back to that apex. I was so high up, and I fell so far down.

I do write music, this is my forte, (no pun intended). I teach composition and I put all of my effort in to my own composition. I would like to attribute my ability to enrich and interact with children so candidly to my Pisces moon in Gemini's house.

I have always appreciated Beethoven, he has been arguably my favorite. I have wept for him in the past. His life is tragic. I have said to myself for years, "I would never trade my quality of life for Beethoven's persisting greatness; I want my ears, I need my contentment in life." I grasped his despair, it is blatant in his music, but you only grasp the shadow of his despair until you experience it first hand.

I have been looking in to every experimental treatment for my ears possible, this issue trumps anything else in my life. I am looking at traveling across the globe, borrowing large amounts of money, and praying for miracles. I research all day. I have tried to change my mantra within the past week from negativity and self pity to determination and perseverance. I always have a plan B, and I am not trying to allow any other option but recovery. I am attempting to manifest recovery with every fiber of my being. This is the hardest thing I have ever done, and I expect that I ever will do. If I can get past this, life will be a breeze.

I am rambling, but I feel like our futures are malleable. I have always had such a definite concept of what I need my future to be in order to achieve contentment. Honestly, I don't feel like I ask that much of the universe. When these negative things happened to me, I could feel the future shifted to something different. I feel that I have some minor clairvoyance, and that the future is cloudy, but as I get closer to it, clarity comes to my mind. All of the clarity I have had recently was slipping to despair and a change of outcome. I could feel my unborn children slipping away from me. When I changed my mindset, I feel like I could potentially be back on my future timeline that I had initially set for myself. Am I out of my mind?

Last edited:

waybread

Hello again, HD. BTW, I also posted on your other thread.

Sorry about the birth date confusion. Thankfully, I did read the birth chart as-is.

With transits (your Saturn return is a special kind of transit) the natal planet position and planet-in-the-sky position subsequently do reach a point of being exactly conjunct, but with the big outer planets like Saturn, you will probably feel it within a few degrees before the "hit" becomes exact. Usually the approaching (applying) aspect feels more intense, and then the departing (separating) aspect feels like the intensity is diminishing. Right now both your natal and transiting Saturn are at 9 degrees of Capricorn, though the conjunction is a few minutes off exact.

If you'd like to read further, I recommend Robert Hand's big cookbook on transits, Planets In Transit.

Also transiting planets will often cross over a given degree point once, turn retrograde (reverse) and hit it again, then hit it a third time as they go direct. Planets do not literally reverse course in the sky, but because astrology operates with an earth-centered (geocentric) perspective, they appear to move backwards sometimes from our terrestrial view point.

I've not checked an ephemeris on Saturn, but I suspect something like this is going on. There is a good free ephemeris (planetary time-table) available on the home page at Astrodienst.

People with a lot of water in their charts do tend to be highly intuitive. If you can go back to your data at Astrodienst, and input a point called the vertex, I could say a bit more. However, usually if people have real psychic abilities (second sight,) they know about it. This intuition can be both a benefit and detriment. The problems usually come if the watery person has to spend too much time around negative people or situations.

So anything you can do to brighten your day, even if it just feels like so much sublimation, should be beneficial. Ditto for a meditative practice, or prayer if you are religious. Not so much praying for a return to the way you were, but for strength in the present moment. These small steps will help you to feel more in control of your life.

Feeling like you've had "attacks on [your] identity and self worth" sounds exactly like transiting Saturn (in his guise as Dr. No) in the first house of your personality and body.

But wait. There's more. You've also had transiting Neptune toying with your moon, although now moving off; and preparing to square your ascendant (one of the main "me" points in the chart.) Neptune deals with beautiful illusions and bitter disillusionment, missing the reality in between. In your music, Neptune transforms and transcends. But its flip side is the slough of despair. It misses reality in between. Transiting Saturn, currently transiting at 9 degrees Capricorn, simultaneously squares your MC/IC axis, which deals with your career and public image (MC, midheaven) and IC (4th house cusp, deals with home.) This suggests you feel a lot of stress surrounding your career and home life, as well.

The big outer planets in their stressful transits (conjunctions, squares, oppositions) do ask us to utterly rethink how we've constructed our lives, more particularly according to the planet and house involved. Resistance is futile.

The Saturn return asks us to leave our youthful natures behind as we enter a more mature adulthood. Are you familiar with the Joni Mitchell song, "The Circle Game"? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9VoLCO-d6U In the refrain, "We can't return, we can only look behind from where we came..."

When the big tough transits hit, oftentimes we try to cling to the past that is...., well, past. We have to recreate ourselves anew as we move forwards.

I don't mean to be negative, just probing and questioning: while I don't think your condition is entirely permanent, suppose you didn't recover in the way you'd hoped? What is your Plan C for yourself as you are now? Could you be OK with yourself as you are now, if you stopped trying so hard? What remains to you? What new windows open?

May I ask if you are religious? If so, I would speak a little differently to you.

If you want to post another chart of your natal chart plus progressions (aka secondary progressions) I might be able to say more. (Astrodienst, please.)

Anyway, it sounds like you are in a rough place and dealing with it with some measure of success. You are stronger than you know.

In regards to the psychic ability, I definitely have something, but nothing great. I know when people are coming over sometimes, I have strong feelings about people when something is wrong or good. For instance, I thought my grandfather would die in a week, he lives 500 miles away and I never see this man, and he ended up visiting me for 2 weeks and spending quality time. I confuse my "Feelings." I could feel that something about my grandfather was impending, and I had the timespan perfect, but since he is old, and perhaps I am a pessimist, I felt that he would die. Also, I often have unrelated thoughts that pop in to my mind just before another person mentions them. I think that they are premeditating their remark, and somehow I perceive that. I am getting to the point that I can tell when a thought is not my own, and I just kind of smile in my mind's eye. This usually happens only with people that I am close to, and often other water signs, but I don't know if that is relevant.

I am definitely a "sponge" as you say, and when I am around subjective "negativity," it deeply effects me. If I am around water signs, I literally recharge, and when around especially fire, in my home life or personal space, it destroys me. I had a lot of this leading up to my ailment, I wonder if it was partially causation for one thing wrong after another. My boss was heavy Sag placement, my ex-girlfriend heavy Aries, and my father Aries as well. I felt like my only peace in life was when I would retreat to my Cancer friend's house.

To answer your question, no, I could not be content as I am now. I suppose I would have to shift to another art form. I know what it is to take the literal internal and make it concrete external, and to look at yourself with a 3rd person perspective. Music enriches every aspect of my life, from my dishes to my drives, to my sunsets; my brain has developed with this far too long to be without it.

I am not a christian. I do believe in other dimensions of existence, the multiverse, subscribe to the aspects that I comprehend of String Theory, and believe that existence is art, and therefore deliberate, and so I believe in an architect. I am inclined toward thought of reincarnation, but it is past lives that resonate with me more than anything of the future. I don't know if these things make me religious.

"Progressions
Use Solar Arc/MC method"

I did that and added Vertex. I hope I did it correctly.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_humpty_dumpty.20520.7538-2.jpg
    astro_2gw_humpty_dumpty.20520.7538-2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Frisiangal

Hi H.D,
You have received long replies to your recently placed posts in sections of the forum.
You bring out their emp/sympathetic nature towards you.
I am keeping my reply through the objectivity of medical astrological thought only.

I believe to be attempting to reply in a rational manner to an individual with no Air temperament (abstract reasoning ability) in the chart. An individual who is sensitised (Moon in Pisces) and governed by the intense force that the emotional quality has in the perception of all things (Scorpio), and not only musically, to which the idyll (Sagittarius Asc.) of giving all an 'outer' form, hopefully successfully, is paramount to the vision of a successful manifested life (Capricorn effect). Anything less is considered unacceptable.

Could this mean that when outer situations do not provide that which is so coveted, inner emotional control is difficult to attain/maintain because mental reasoning as to the why of situations is insifficient, or unable to offer any kind of answer that IS acceptable?
Could such find any asssociation with the expression of one’s ‘masculinity’, of which achievement can be a measure meter that requires assertive action to acquire? Talent itself is not always its own reward. Yet the chart configurations are ALL in what are known as the feminine and passive signs. So when does the ‘inner’ fighting and muscle power man show itself ….outside of the weight lifting?

‘A sickness of mind’ would not be suggestive from the chart as the configurations that would be associated with such are not evident. Depth of thought (Mercury in Scorpio) does not mean one’s mind is ‘sick’. There is, however, a perspective in (modern) medical astrology that situations not dealt with can, through psychosomatic association, create physical complaints . A chart with a lack of Air temperament may suggest difficulty in the art of general/social communication techniques. After all, not everyone instinctively knows what communication through the arts is actually saying. Most people need words or some physical contact to express and explain what one feels inside.

You do not actually state what form of ‘noise interference’ you are experiencing.
Is it acute hearing that picks up every sound;
are your ears blocked through some physical impairment;
do the ears need to be syringed through excessive earwax which, incidentally, can cause imbalance issues.
Or, have you (always) shut out (listening to) sound of any kind, which has become offensive to you? What is it that you prefer not to hear?

You were coping very well with the path you had chosen until 2016. As physical disorders do not arise overnight, the big question might be, what happened previously that was ‘such an affront, a proverbial punch in/to [the] face’ that it affected you in such a manner that it brought on the facial paralysis (Uranus in 1st house), difficulty with noise TO the ears (Venus-Saturn-Neptune combination) and a supposedly weakened immune system (Saturn-Neptune)? Do you experience difficulty listening to reason, whereby you shut yourself off from anything/anyone that disturbs and/or disrupts your very personal train of emotional thought?

The chart shows some life changing situations occuring that reached a climax during 2016. Could events previously encountered have involved you feeling to be unimportant,overlooked, out of the public eye, through which you withdrew into yourself.?Were there financial consequences that had an effect upon your status as an individual?
Your injury produced an outer effect. Yet astrological thought suggests that those forces working from within one's self which one does not allow to be initiated outwardly, find a 'reversed' outlet in the physical world in which the individual is the recipient.
Bears thinking about?

Maybe if you can adjust your thought patterns and look at past events through another perspective that can provide an alternate viewpoint (Uranus), you may find that the strain upon the face (1st house, Mars muscles?) and nerves that Uranus can produce (stroke?), may ease.
Facial exercise physiotherapy is always a help too. Soon brings back a :smile:.

waybread

Supposedly a septile relationship to the vertex (360/7) gives psychic ability but I am not picking this up in your chart. Nonetheless, having so much water in your chart, notably sun-Pluto in Scorpio and moon in Pisces should make you highly intuitive.

Your recent chart showed transits, not progressions.

Try to stay open to change. You cannot stop it, and it is better to ride the horse in the direction it's going.

@Frisiangal

Thank you very much for your detailed response, I am appreciative of your time and consideration.

People keep mentioning my lack of rational in regards to my lack of air. I don't feel I lack rationality at all, I am an equally objective and subjective person. It is this duality that enables my character in many regards.

You are absolutely correct when you talk about internal vs. external. If my external environment does not mirror how I feel internally, I feel turmoil. I think that my grasp of my internal is so definitive, that this creates my need to mirror that in the external. Also, masculinity is absolutely a factor. My ears being effected makes me feel like my "cock" has been chopped off. I feel utterly castrated in physically and psychologically. Especially since I was surging with capability before my afflictions. I even had some erectile issues early on, and it was completely psychological. Also, no one else can even see or perceive my affliction, I look completely normal to everyone, it is all internal. But I cannot hide from my self, and what I am is inward to outward; I do not receive sense of self from the external and bring it in to my self, I apply my internal sense of self to my environment.

I do feel like I am a duality of masculine and feminine. I often have a passive nature, and I am much more inclined to adapt to problems than change them with force. I am very good at confrontation, both physical and mental battles, but over the years I have felt that the toll that it takes on my psyche is not worth the exertion. If I disagree with someone, I often just pretend that I agree in order to avoid confrontation, but I feel like this is tact. I avoid contradicting statements with people that I know are so headstrong that they will not hear my words; I find it better to avoid the frivolous disagreements and I try to navigate the interaction to common ground. Also, if a person is so competitive that they must win, I do not feel the need to defeat them. Knowing whether I could defeat them is enough for me, and I feel in control from that thought; the competitive nature is a volatile one, so I choose to avoid it all together and let others win when the stakes don't matter. If the stakes do matter, you better believe that I'm going for the jugular.

My masculinity shows in my weight lifting, my concept of fraternity, in my feeling compelled toward a dutifully protective nature, my assertive but kind nurturing of children and animals, and absolutely in my dominant sexuality.

In regards to psychosomatic manifestations, I believe that this absolutely was a factor.

I am very good at social interaction, and I am charming and articulate, but far from candid. I used to be candid when I was young, but I learned to hide all of my thoughts and emotions because of the negative reactions I would receive from people. I despise phatic interactions, and the emotional toll that they take on me prompts me to avoid many scenarios. Since I was young, I hated phatic greetings such as "how are you?" simply because Americans do not reply candidly with how they actually are. I always reply, "fine" and kill the greeting aspect of the conversation. My candid relationships have just as much tacit and unspoken interaction as they do verbal. Honestly, as a musician, words feel like a primal form of monkey communication, and they do not justify expression for me in the way that the profundity of music does. Music feels like a much more direct and tangible form of expression, it actually encompasses emotions, while words are just the understated shadows of these emotions. Don't get me wrong, there is beauty and art in language, but I find a more direct conveyance of information in body language and inflection than in actual dialogue. But again, in body language and inflection, we are dealing with pitch, rhythm, volume, accents, tempo, texture. The musical aspects of language most relevant to expression. And the broad/subtle movements of the body are closely related to dance, and dance is nonexistent without music.

My hearing impairment is swelling, instability, minor hearing loss, minor tinnitus, and worst of all hyperacusis. If I listen to the wrong frequencies, the nerves twitch in my ears, I get swelling and discomfort/pain, and many daily/innocuous frequencies give me pain and discomfort, as well as potentially more hearing loss. I live in the sensory deprivation of shotgun ear muffs. It really is a layer of hell. I zone out on life and just sort of daydream. I feel dead in the eyes when I consider myself in the 3rd person. It is a form of solitary confinement.

I don't think that I shut out reason. I just need to feel the reciprocation and genuine understanding of me and my situation. I feel emotionally invisible to most everyone in the world. There is only one person I have met in my life that I felt saw through me and could perceive every aspect of me. I don't mean to convey any delusions of grandeur, it is just that I am a multi faceted person. I am an outstanding friend and family member, and I am the backbone of so many people due to my affinity towards a duality of empathy and objectivity. However, I never feel like people are there for me in the same way. I am a well that is emptied but never replenished. I distribute water to all of those that I love, but I don't receive much rain from anywhere but music. I have been trying to coach myself, and to be my own friend with a 3rd person perspective. In Music, it is very difficult to see your own composition, or art in general, and to perceive it as something other than yourself, and to view it objectively. I do this decently with my past stages of life, but in the present it is very difficult. I am trying to view my self like I am separate from me, and to be there for myself like I am my own friend, instead of being upset with myself for my shortcomings.

I can say that I almost always shut out fire signs. I do not do well with motivation in the form of "pulling up the bootstraps" and forcing your way through life with raw energy and determination. A leo or sag might say, "I don't know what giving up is, keep doing and going, DO DO DO." I require a much more sensitive and feminine touch in the form of comfort. Honestly, while I'm rambling, I have always felt that a Capricorn sun with a Cancer moon would be my best companion. Also, I love venus in scorpio, cancer, and cap. Strong but feminine and sensual/sexual women get me off. I crave the grounded nature, but I need to have the tacit reciprocation of depth, comprehension, and understanding.

All you say is correct in regards to lack of recognition, appreciation, and opportunity. I did withdraw in to myself for years, but this is also where I found plenty of quality composition. Honestly, these feelings stemmed from 2008 to present. Yes, financial consequences as well.

"Your injury produced an outer effect. Yet astrological thought suggests that those forces working from within one's self which one does not allow to be initiated outwardly, find a 'reversed' outlet in the physical world in which the individual is the recipient." Could you try to explain this again? I'm not sure that I understand.

I suppose I could ask, are there any transits that show a good time to both travel and perform a medical procedure? I am looking in to Stem Cells, borrowed money, and international travel. Ideally, I do this within the next couple of months, to few months at the latest.

My life thesis is that Family, Nature, and Music are all the only reasons for me to live this life; everything else just seems frivolous. Without any one of those 3, I don't know that I could attain contentment in this life.

Last edited:
@waybread

I wonder, in regards to my Saturn, if I'm not mistaken, Saturn entered Scorpio in 2012. My chart is practically all Scorp, my Sag ascendant, and then Cap placement.

In 2012 I had huge life changes, occupational, housing and location, everything.

I don't know how much Saturn being in the sign of my ascendant is relevant? I have never thought much of the ascendant, I know that people put a lot of weight in it. Honestly, my forte within my petty knowledge of astrology would be assessing the character traits of sign placements, I'm getting better at the houses as well. I have always thought of the Ascendent as just the superficial interaction of a person, as well as their surface impressions, and general relaxed demeanor. I know that I am belittling this, so please correct me.

Regardless, my question would be, have I been receiving a huge dose of Saturn for years? I have clawed my way out of every hole that I have been in. Just before I got sick, I got an amazing job, with fantastic pay, teaching some of the best kids in the entire state. I was writing daily, and was plotting to unveil my compositions with a performance tour. These things were a long time coming, and I had to fight tooth and nail to achieve them.

So if Saturn entered Scorpio, and it crapped on me with all of its smelly life lessons, did it enter Sag and do something similar due to my ascendant? And now, it's doing the same thing in Cap? If this were true, I could assume that my life will be pretty smooth sailing until Saturn finds its way back to Scorp; but that is many years from now, so who cares right? lol

What does Saturn do when it conjuncts one's natal moon? I would have Pisces to worry about.

Thank you again @waybred, @Frisiangal, and everyone else who has been commenting on my thread. This has been somewhat cathartic for me, and I genuinely appreciate everyone's time and consideration. I scarcely talk about myself; it makes me feel almost egocentric to be talking about my self so much with others, especially with strangers. Thank you for being so generous with your advice and your time.

-HumptyDumpty

waybread

No problem, HD, and thanks for your detailed feedback. Those of us who read charts for others like to be helpful, and appreciate responses.

One book I highly recommend is Steven Forrest, The Changing Sky. Forrest takes a very dynamic approach to astrology in this book: people can make choices about how their horoscopes manifest. We're not just stuck with some kind of crummy doom-and-gloom fate. He sees planets as being teachers or tricksters, i. e., having both positive and negative potentials. Signs and houses can be successfully or unsuccessfully navigated. Forrest himself has since moved on to a branch of astrology (evolutionary) that is too woo-woo for my taste, but this first book of his is refreshing, wise, and funny.

OK, so as I've tried to express in my previous posts to you, in modern astrology, Saturn would have both a positive and negative potential. (If you think about it, a natal chart is for a brand-new baby, not for an adult.) Bad Saturn makes us feel inadequate, frustrated, and like life is sticking it to us.

I view Saturn as my wisest teacher. His lessons aren't a whole heap of fun, but they serve us well throughout life. They are: hard work, self-discipline, deferred gratification, frugality, and resilience in the face of misfortunes. (In whole signs houses, I also have Saturn in the 1st house.) Saturn also rules our bones, teeth, ligaments, cartilage, the skin as an organ of the body.

For you to have reached your level of achievement as a musician, teacher, and composer, you know all about Good Saturn. Did you have a piano teacher or two like this?

A "rule" of modern astrology is that if we're hit by a tough transit (like Saturn in your first house, pinging on your first house planets, as well as Jupiter-Chiron when in opposition to them,) one of two things will happen. Ideally, the transit happens without much notice. Congratulations, if so. This means you've pretty well mastered what that planet represents. Alternatively, if you feel you've been blindsided by all kinds of horrible stuff that has a cause external to you, then probably you'd need to get to work on learning about and mastering what that planet represents.

Transiting Saturn runs a diagnostic on our lives. Sort of like the mechanic who gives a check-up to a car.

In its own sign of Capricorn in the first house, your natal Saturn is actually extremely well positioned. Jupiter oppositions usually aren't that awful, and Saturn also makes some nice sextiles. But maybe there's more to get to, Saturn-wise. Sure, you've mastered self-discipline in your vocation, but maybe you're ready to take it to a whole other level.

Yes, you've had a mega-dose of Saturn all your life. But he's like the stern old teacher that all the kids hated in school-- until they grew up and realized that he was the one who gave the most valuable lessons.

Do you know how to read an ephemeris? (time-table for planets.) Hopefully now you've found the free one at Astrodienst (accessible via the home page) so you can retrospectively time when Saturn pinged on your different chart points.

You've also had Pluto churning through your first house, although this is a much slower, longer-term transit. I think you also know a thing or two about Pluto: as a sun-Pluto-Mercury guy, you're a real Über Scorpio. Control is probably very important to you.

But what about circumstances like the present, where you cannot be in control of your health?

Pluto rules inevitable change, and it has a very ruthless steamroller quality to it. The best way I know to handle its tough transits is to voluntarily kill off anything metaphorically dead or dying in your life, so that new growth can take place.

BTW, are you familiar with the film, The Red Violin? Very Plutonic. Recommended.

Forrest likens the ascendant to one's public mask, but I think it is a whole lot more than that. The ascendant, after all, governs one's body and outward personality. Our personalities include our habits, quirks, motives, and way of manifesting in the world.

A really good cookbook on transits is Robert Hand, Planets in Transit. Saturn conjunct moon is a transit you've already experienced once, so see if you can date your previous one via the ephemeris, and recall what happened in your life then. Oftentimes a Saturn-moon conjunction translates as depressed or morose (Saturn) feelings (moon.) So see if you can develop a more empowering interpretation, like disciplined (Saturn) feelings. (Note that the moon also rules one's experience of Mom and also one's home.)

With all good wishes for your journey, W.

Frisiangal

Hi again HD,
My computer unexplainably 'blocked' and the l-o-n-g reply I had written and was copying before posting yesterday was unretrievable. My first Pisces Sun astrology teacher once said that when such incidents occur, 'it wasn't meant to be read or heard'. I have become a strong believer in such messages, so will keep this shorter and less to-the-point.

To begin with, I am with Waybread in my thanks for your detailed feedback. The deep self analysis has hopefully had an efffect upon what motivates you and what gets in the way of it. Anonymity can be a great help in that respect. Getting it all off the chest can, itself, work wonders.

"Your injury produced an outer effect. Yet astrological thought suggests that those forces working from within one's self which one does not allow to be initiated outwardly, find a 'reversed' outlet in the physical world in which the individual is the recipient."
Could you try to explain this again? I'm not sure that I understand.
A chart, like its individual, is totally personal. Logically, then, any transits/progressions (situations of the time) are personally experienced. It's said that astrological symbolism is neutral. There is no 'good' or 'bad' in them. HOW situations are approached depends very much on the individual's attitude when confronted (faced!) with them. Is the Sun self motivated enough to take action, or is Moon (feeling) stronger, whereby it inwardly responds to the outer stimuli?

You did not provide any example of what may have occured before your physical impairment that could have been considered a personal (ego) affront. Saturn and Uranus influences were strong at the time, suggesting some kind of acceptance that would bring about a change of setting. Deep down you were probably aware of signs appearing indicating what was occuring, yet may have done nothing to bring about an outcome that would work in your favour.
'The situation' itself was inevitible. If you took no action on behalf of yourself (Sun) through the energy represented by the transit/progression, then the situation is brought about by outside forces (planetary action
projected through others) that are represented by that energy, to which you respond, in your case passively (Moon influence). You let it happen.

What happens to the 'unused' energy within yourself? Medical astrology teaches that energy has to find an outlet somewhere. If not outwards into the world, then it is released inwards.....through the spirit, emotion, and/or physical body.

One major event that the Saturn return brings with it is the giant step into maturity that enables the individual to carve a path and take life into one's own hands. It works hand in hand with, and follows the sec. progresssed Moon return and tr. Uranus trine itself. Your life situation, as with everyone
experiencing the Saturn return, was due for its inevitible change. Your Sun and Moon work well together. The time may simply be arriving for the Sun's will to take charge and priority over the Moon's feelings. The recent self analysis may be the first step of its path.

Last edited: