Relocation Natal Effects

PD187540

I have a general question about relocated natal charts. How long until you feel the effects of a relocated natal? Do you instantly feel "something" just by being in the area, like general good vibes? Or does it take a few years to reap the benefits of the chart?

Take jobs or career as an example....Let's say your true birth chart leads you to a certain career the typical way through years of schooling, etc. Would you also have to undergo a similar process in your new location, or does it have a more instant effect?

gem1ni

I have found that some effects are immediate and others take longer. The relocated chart becomes solidified over time: after 6 months you should have a clear idea of the opportunities and risks of the location. However, you should feel immediate effects as soon as you arrive, especially if you are very observant. You should especially examine your feelings carefully - see how you feel with everything that happens or everything you observe.

For example, if you go to a place where the chart shows friendliness of people, you should observe this immediately, as in smiling faces, people acknowledging your presence, etc. Also, if the place promises success in real estate you should get a nice home very quickly and easily - in some cases almost miraculously.

gem1ni

You should be able to get a good idea about the potential of the place when you visit. Just keep your eyes open and open yourself to as many opportunities as possible - do everything you can to interact. Go to public places, try to arrange meetings with people, etc. These interactions will indicate important aspects of what lies in store for you there.

The SF chart looks good for work because of the Jupiter-Uranus conjunction near the AC and Mercury close to the MC. This would be good for anything to do with technical work, journalism, media, writing, publishing. Starting a new company would also be good as would anything with innovation in it. Mercury is good for work of any kind, including routine work (although Jupiter-Uranus might not like that!) so apply for anything that is in line with your education.

Let us know how it goes.

Christian09

Locational hack:
Don't forget to look at any P2 hits to relocated House Rulers; locational astrology is quite dynamic and secondary progressions as well as slower outer planet hits will color your feeling about a location. EX: if relocated ruler 4 is receiving an applying square from P2 Saturn, your going to hate the place, no matter how "positive" the Relocated chart seems.

take this for checking; locational astrology comes alive when you pay attention to house rulers.

Thanks,
'09

Christian09

Two major things he told me: Pluto will be trining my Mercury, and then there's a life-long Jupiter sextiling my Mercury (ruler of the relocated 10th and natal 6th, while Jupiter is the ruler of my relocated 2nd house of money and natal 12th). I'm not sure whether he meant a progression or transit was occurring, though. According to him, my Mercury is "just gorgeous" in that location, and Jupiter is in very good shape. Money will "come at me without even trying much." (very hard to believe that!) He also stated that Deepak Chopra had a similar situation where Jupiter was sextiling his Mercury and he really hit it big in southern California.
I heard nothing but exceptional things about this location overall. I'm still very skeptical because I obviously haven't visited there yet. I also have no clue how this "great rise in career status" will occur, since I feel like I really bottomed out, my college degree is useless, and I need to undertake a career change.
All I know is that if absolutely nothing comes out of this location for me on a career/job perspective, I'm completely rejecting astrology and my beliefs about it. Also, this means that my relocation astrologer's credibility will suffer as well. I really hope none of that happens!

P2 Jupiter sextile Ruler 10?..man,that IS Gorgeous!(If Career and status is the goal) and P2 JU is S-L-O-W, so yeah. it's a life time thing. I'd kill for a P2 Jupiter ANYTHING, LOL
it's Pretty **** rare, for the record.

A lot of relocated charts are a "mixed bag" in terms of transits & Progressions; sounds like your RELNat Chart is pretty congruent.

I would make the move. It's very exciting, astrologically. And yes, if this move didn't "produce fruit", you'd have every right to reject astrology...But I don't think you will :cool:

gem1ni

You basically need to go there and then you'll see. One thing about relocation is that it always changes your thinking process. So you may go with what you feel are clear plans and intentions, but these will change while you're there. In fact, I think one thing that astrologers should look at first when advising on relocation is how you will think in that place. A lot depends on this.

You will get an idea of the potential of the place when you visit. Even a few days would be enough for this - don't worry! Please let us know what your impressions are.

As regards house rulers and transits, I know the theory but I have mixed feelings about the reality. I've recently applied for a job at a place with Taurus MC, Venus in 10th, tranist Jupiter conjuncting Venus, progressed Venus sextiling Venus and Progressed Mars coming to a trine to it. In addition there were several other very good infiuences happening at the MC (including Sun, Mercury and Mars conjunct the MC and transit the 10th) during the application process.I also have node conjunct AC, and this is currently being sextiled by Jupiter.

I did get an interview but the response is being delayed. It seems it's being delayed till all the good transits pass and then they can reject me!:annoyed:

I really don't know what pulls us to a place and what keeps us away. I know the theories but I'm not sure about any of them.

Who is your relocational astrologer BTW? Can you say? I'm looking for a good one.

gem1ni

Well it sounds like it's time for you to move! When you start hating the place you're at, it's time to go. Only be careful you don't move just for the sake of escaping but actually find a good place to go to.

Do you have any angular planets in NY? What's the IC like there? And the Moon? All this about your house and mother sound suspicious. Do you currently have transits or progressions to the Moon and/or IC?

As for change of persona, SF would definitely bring this with the Jupiter-Uranus AC.

ashriia

Non-astrologically.

all this talk of murderous intentions is frightening. If you are spending all your time in your house with your mother, whom you have hatred for obviously your emotions are just going to intensify. Being at home all the time makes anyone stir crazy, and only worse when they don't like who they are living with.

You mentioned in your thread being a social person. What about going to manhattan more? Are you near the LIRR? there are movies in the park during the summer, also coney island is going to have their mermaid parade soon, and Pride is june 30th. hell, you can just lay around in central park and people watch.. and its all free and a lot of fun.

exercise might also certainly help. walk, run, get a bike. get exhausted. channel out some of that testosterone in a healthy way, until you move.

gem1ni

I'm sure you're exaggerating about the murderous intent! But I agree with ashriia. Try to make the most the most of wherever you are just to make your life easier. Otherwise just trying to leave and not appreciating any good thing you may have in your current location (even if it's food or weather, or TV shows!) can be very stressful and just makes things worse. I know because I've made this mistake. I've now made it my principle not to take anything good for granted. This happened after I actually managed to make my life worse....

You have attention, though, so this must be good - people are taking an interest in in advising you or helping you, judging from this forum. I posted a thread asking for some advice on when my situation would improve and no one answered, http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63780

July is very near - hang in there!

gem1ni

Oh, I know it's time. I'm beginning to develop really murderous tendencies and thought patterns the longer I'm staying in this location. It's increasing even more so these days, to the point where I'm turning very nasty towards my mother. Years of hidden hatred are about to be unleashed.

Do I have any angular planets in NY? DO I?!?! Hahaha...why yes, of course I do. I'm sure they're responsible for a lot of this. We have the deadly Saturn-Pluto-Midheaven conjunction complex going on, as well as Moon conjunct IC (opposing all 3 of those previously mentioned baddies, too). My progressed Moon is conjunct my progressed 4th House cusp, and transiting Saturn is retrograding back towards my MC.

So what does all this mean? I think we know the answer, right? Basically, anywhere BUT here would be so much better. San Francisco was where I was strongly suggested to move, so I'm going to be exploring that. Besides the Jup-Ura-Asc thing there, I have Merc-Mc too. Don't know what that means exactly, but I hope to find work over there and move within the next few months the LATEST. If not, lives will be in grave danger with each waking hour I remain in NY.

I guarantee that.

I'm having trouble opening up your chart. I'll try again later. is the NY chart your natal chart or your current relocation?

gem1ni

I had a look at your natal NY chart. I see what you mean: the Saturn-Moon opposition is not good to be angular. By moving you will take it away from the angles and this will produce a great emotional relief. Also, you (like me) have a packed 8th house in the natal. This can be tough going because it gives us strong feelings and obsessions of various sorts. This too will improve by moving as it will take the planets into other houses. Your Venus-Mars conjunction in Leo is very creative and it will be more beneficial in a different house (unless you're into sexual creativity:wink:)

Other than the Saturn opposition, your Moon is well aspected being in a grand trine in fire. When Uranus conjuncts it in a few years (not sure when, you need to check an ephemeris), it will trigger the grand trine in fire and this should be a successful and productive time for you, especially since your natal Uranus is well positioned.

I'd say your best planets are Jupiter-Uranus. They're both great in the 1tth and you'd take this 11th house energy with you when you move.Putting them in the first would make social contacts beneficial.

I think you'll like SF. I can't wait to hear what your experiences are!

dr. farr

With Venus strongest (in bindus) in the SF chart, the indications are that a woman will be the most help to you in SF-so that lady you will be staying with will likely be very important to help you in getting situated there: use her help to the max!!

SC8

For example, if you go to a place where the chart shows friendliness of people, you should observe this immediately, as in smiling faces, people acknowledging your presence, etc.

this is very interesting. I actully have good experiences visiting several cities which later I found out my relocated AC would conjunct my natal jupiter and uranus in those places.

there's one city I immeidately feel friendliness of people, just like you said, and seeing smiling faces everywhere.

the other cities, probably the local culture is also needed to take into account, but I was still able to encounter several people who are just hospitable and helpful to me. :)

gem1ni

Do you have any parans in SF or NY? I found that these are very important. If you have parans and planets conjunct the angles the angular planets' influence will be confused - too much noise.

Also have you looked into the vertex? Some astrologers believe it's very important for relocation.

dr. farr

These are connected with stars, and the concept (an ancient one) has been largely revived by the contemporary writings of Bernadette Bradey (qv)

M

may28gemini

I Love NYC! My mother is from Brookyln. With my NYC chart, my natal Venus sits exactly on the relocation MC. NYC loves me too. I've met a lot of good people in NYC who just randomly help me out. I'm surprised anyone would hate NY so much but I can understand why. Having Pluto conjunct MC is really a major bummer. Moving anywhere you can avoid having Pluto touch the MC would be ideal. Saturn on the MC isn't horrible but it is a long, drawn out process that requires a lot of time and patience to chip away at a large project.

I use to live in SF for 5.5 years but I'm originally from LA (but I wasn't born in LA). For my SF chart, my natal Venus also conjuncts the relocation MC- but by 4 degrees. Ok, 4 degrees is pretty good but I actually HATE SF and would rather that place gets bombed. IT is true that in SF I made some very nice friends and they came to my rescue without me asking for it. They were of the Venusian variety- Libra Sun, Moon, Rising. I loved my friends but I hated the people. They were not my cup of tea and I felt like how you feel about NY- I wanted to go on a murderous rampage if I didn't get the f outta there ASAP. So I totally get where you're coming from.

As for my LA chart, Venus exactly conjuncts the MC. Yay. Relocation Moon is in Aries in 7th house... I'm going to be really assertive with others and I have been... in order to get what I want. My natal Neptune conjuncts relocation IC- yeah, I feel very peaceful here... even if most people think LA is hectic.

Well, anyway, I hope you find a way to get the heck outta NY because the worst thing for anyone to be (in my opinion) is stuck in a place they hate. May you fly to where ever it is that makes you happy.

M

may28gemini

I think natal Moon in relocation 5th is pretty cool. I don't really know how it's intercepted or swept under/over/buried. That's not something that's really all that important (to me). I think that's a big indicator that you'll feel very creative and feel more in your "element."

Bwahahahahahaha! You're right! Pluto and Saturn on the MC is really yucky. I mean, Saturn on the MC isn't horrible for long term stuff, (as I illustrated previously) but for "instant gratification" it's better to have something like Mercury, Sun, Mars, Jupiter, Venus. I also don't think natal Venus on the relocation MC would make the person love a place, but I do think the place takes a liking to that person and that person can easily find jobs. It's true on my account with SF and LA.

My job in SF started off Venusian- I worked as a salon assistant at a high end salon and I shampooed/blow dried/styled/ rich women's hair. If that doesn't scream Venus! I don't know what will. The ones that always tipped me the best were Scorpio and Virgo. The ones that were cheap ole B's were Taurus. How did I know. I always asked. They thought I was a cute little salon assistant but I was asking that for my own data purposes. HA!

After my stint in the catty world of Venusian beauty, I randomly got a job in social work...even thought I didn't apply for it. I had originally applied to do some generic data/light IT kind of work (even though I'm not a comp nerd). I have a Master's from a very reputable school in Boston and the HR of that agency (a Virgo and Capricorn) liked my resume and ushered me in ASAP.

As for NYC, I never lived there as an adult. I had spent some summers there as a kid visiting relatives (mostly my Mom's cousins and their kids, etc.) and I remember making a lot of friends very quickly and easily. NYC is apparently a Gemini city and I'm a natal Gemini Sun, Mercury, and Venus. All that matches me somehow. I've always gotten the vibes that NYC loves and blesses Gemini Sun people and spreads the love to other Air signs

LA itself is super fiery with 7 planets in Aries, Capricorn Moon, and Air void. YIKES! I grew up in LA and virtually all my friends were of the fire variety- mostly Aries. I have a ton of Air, and lord knows LA needs a lot of it badly (not hot air, we already got too much of that going on HA!)

Coming back to LA is like really coming home from a long journey. I had spent a week applying to jobs, quickly received calls for immediate interviews of which I had to fight them off with a bat because I couldn't go to all of them, decided to go to 2 and totally nailed both but decided on the 2nd one. HAHAHA I made the wrong choice with the 2nd job because a few months later they had to lay people off and I was one of them. I was glad of it, as I was bored to tears of the place. I've pretty much have been doing freelance work since 2009, but since I got laid off from that job, I've been rigorously doing lot more freelance/solo stuff. Are they of the Venusian variety? Yeah, if you count me organizing people's lives so they can look good in public (I'm a personal assistant). Heh. But take into account that my natal Mars is Taurus (Venusian) in the scheming 8th house. Somehow I'm good at making money out of "nothing."

Oh get this. Like 2 weeks ago, I received an email out of the blue from an Alumni Association notifying me of a job opportunity at a big broadcasting network (you have to have hookups to get in with these kinds of jobs). I was super excited and applied. No doubt I got a call back for an interview and I went. I don't know if they've made a decision or not but I expect to be hearing from them (either way) very soon. Heh. We'll see what's in store...

What do you wanna do in SF? Maybe you ought to send your resume over there with an SF address. If you want, I'll let you use my old apartment address (in the heart of SF) so it will look like you're a local. People are nitpicky in SF. They want to see that you live there and have a 415 number. Get a Google number with 415 area code or 510 or 650 (other parts of the bay).

Last edited:

gem1ni

What exactly are parans, and how I do find out which ones I have?

I know that in NY, both Saturn and Pluto conjunct the MC while the Moon conjuncts the IC.

With the Vertex, I haven't dabbled much into that particular point. In NY, my Vertex is in Leo, 7th House. In SF, it's in Cancer, 8th House.

Parans are also called crossings and they are planets that cross each on the same latitude. So if you're at a place with that latitude anywhere in the world these parans will affect you. They are not as strong as angular planets, but they do have an effect. To find out, you can use the astro.com travel page. If you click on a location, it will tell you what parans are there. If you buy an astrocartography map from a registered seller like Astronumeric services, they will send you a printed sheet with all your parans and their latitudes.

As for the vertex, I think this plays a role when it's conjunct a planet or in aspect to an angle. They say it's especially good in relocation if it conjuncts the Moon. I lived for many years with Mars conjunct IC, but I also had Moon conjunct vertex and trine IC, and this made that place my best location. I felt at home despite the expected martian troubles of unsettledness.

As regards Venus MC, I've been trying to find a job there for many years to no avail. I really don't understand what makes a place easy to go to and what makes it difficult. There seem to be some energies that make it easy to relocate to some places and difficult to relocate to others - sometimes despite the angular planets. Venus MC should be good for work related relocation, but it isn't for me.

Also, what happens when some angular planets are good and others are bad in a location? I may have an opportunity to move to my Jupiter AC line, which is supposed to be the best. But lo and behold I also have Neptune close to the MC and Saturn close to the AC in the 12th. What do I do? Trust Jupiter or look at the big picture?

In your case, you have Saturn-Pluto on the MC (not good), but Moon on the IC (good). I think in this case, tranists and progressions would tell the story.

gem1ni

Interesting. I'll try to look into it sometime.

And here's yet another situation that happened tonight which just confirms that NY is clearly against me:

For the first time in months, I decided to take the plunge and go to the city with my friend for drinks. The plan was to meet him at his local train station and go together from there. The parkway heading east towards him was JAMMED. I then drove to another entrance ramp in the next town over from me and STILL jammed. So I just got extremely annoyed and went back home, cancelling my plans.

Could I have still gone to the city? Sure, I could have hopped on a train by myself, but I didn't want to do that so late at night. It just never fails....I haven't ventured out for any type of leisure activities in months, and STILL something prevents me from doing so.

If I can bomb this entire state off the map, I sincerely would. It's just so clear that this location has been conspiring to work against me from day one.

I understand completely!! This is exactly why I look to astrology for understanding of perception and behavior. You just gave an excellent example of astrological effects. I think that even if you hopped on a train it would just increase your frustration because this is what you are meant to feel in that place.

That's why I try not to give people names of cities when I post charts because they get influenced by the stereotypes of the city or their own experiences of the city and fail to see that any location on the planet acts differently for different people depending on their chart. You could go to SF and the traffic could be ten times worse than NY but you might not feel it at all, and have a great time reading your book on the subway or listening to interesting radio shows while driving. That's how astrology works!