which neptune & uranus house placements more prone to escapism?

or1000

6th house Neptune and uranus – I do know somebody with these placements but they also have mercury there to 'balance it'.

What are thoughts about 6th house nep and uranus together, making this person lean towards escapism through drugs, alcohol or other forms to relieve daily responsibilities?

....always been interested in the idea of escapism through substance in the chart.

Last edited:

Whoam1

I have unaspected first house Neptune and Sun/A.C. ruler, Jupiter, in Pisces. I can't honestly get the direct correlation to drugs (It seems much more Mars/Mercury correlated directly to drugs). Mercury being connected with Neptune in the 6th house (depending on the sign and house system) sounds like prone to substance issues. Escapism is most definetly Pisces and Neptune, my grandma is a tropical and sidereal Pisces she uses books to escape. I have a Mars mercury partile sextile (mercury angular in Scorpio, mars exalted in Capricorn), I use various things to relive stress (drink, smoke, sex,etc) however I use the stars, water, music, and spirituality to escape reality.

I am an empath and despite my Sun and Moon signs [sag and leo] I am a Pisces at the deepest level (could be my Lord of geneture/Sun and A.C. ruler in Pisces that does this). To get away from feeling everything too much I up and leave for her if moments, I go elsewhere to stay sane.

ardentika

Escapism is a weird concept. All people do escape reality in a certain way regardless of positions. Some read books, others watch movies or play sports. Some practice meditation, whatever it is, its not a bad thing. I don't know why escapism gained such a negative meaning. It's just detaching to regain strength. It's anoter thing that some people live in illusions but thats their reality and is very real to them so who are we to say whats escaping, whats real and what not.

I have Neptune and Uranus conjunct 12th hiuse cusp, and I've always had very realistic and prophetic dreams. Since an early age I was faced with invisible enemies (12th H) such as dark entities, and I do believe they are very real. Sometimes I get visits from dead people when I talk to someone close who lost a loved one, but it happens not too often. Basically this position of NE and UR opens my mind to the non physical realm a lot for good and bad. One could say this is my "escapism" from the 3 dimensional reality.

or1000

Thank you for your take on the 6th house escapism tendencies. I do believe in some escapism to an extent, sometimes depends on whether they can shake themselves out of it without getting lost. For instance, could be viewed a more ‘softer’ form: daydreaming. But beings unable to get past that and bring things into a reality.

Last edited:

david starling

Escapism is a weird concept. All people do escape reality in a certain way regardless of positions. Some read books, others watch movies or play sports. Some practice meditation, whatever it is, its not a bad thing. I don't know why escapism gained such a negative meaning. It's just detaching to regain strength. It's anoter thing that some people live in illusions but thats their reality and is very real to them so who are we to say whats escaping, whats real and what not.

I have Neptune and Uranus conjunct 12th hiuse cusp, and I've always had very realistic and prophetic dreams. Since an early age I was faced with invisible enemies (12th H) such as dark entities, and I do believe they are very real. Sometimes I get visits from dead people when I talk to someone close who lost a loved one, but it happens not too often. Basically this position of NE and UR opens my mind to the non physical realm a lot for good and bad. One could say this is my "escapism" from the 3 dimensional reality.

What we're "escaping" are the required scheduling and required activities of a dominating, materialistic social order, which is often out of synch with our own, personal preferences, abilities, and bio-rhythms. As you say, NOT taking time out for oneself can be very injurious to one's own mental and physical health. The problem is when the MEANS:crying: of "escape" becomes so obsessive and/or debilitating, that those social requirements become absolutely impossible to meet, and can in itself have serious health-repercussions.

david starling

Another good point, is that the label "escapism" is usually applied only to those "escapist" tendencies that lack social approval, and may be even illegal.:rightful:

david starling

For me, H12, which I've labeled "Imagination", is my best "escape" area. I think of H6 as my House of Chores, and it is possible to "escape" there as well, and become a "workaholic".

Last edited:

david starling

If the method used for recharging and taking time for one's own personal needs has Social approval, it's usually labeled "leisure activity" rather than "escapism". Although, the Travel Industry does use the term "Escape" in a Socially acceptable way.

or1000

I think with it being the house of health, Neptune here brings about fragmented psychosomatic issues which I would say contributes to an overall exhaustion. Becomes a bit of a blur as to why things are going wrong in the body. Uranus here, would make them unexpected and kind of turn up at the most random times. To go further into a Neptunian realm of substance abuse almost seems like a means to soothe this mysterious poor health and fragmented daydream like daily life. This is an example.

Last edited:

david starling

I think with it being the house of health, Neptune here brings about fragmented psychosomatic issues which I would say contributes to an overall exhaustion. Becomes a bit of a blur as to why things are going wrong in the body. Uranus here, would make them unexpected and kind of turn up at the most random times. To go further into a Neptunian realm of substance abuse almost seems like a means to soothe this mysterious poor health and fragmented daydream like daily life. This is an example.

Since I experience both of these Planets as beneficial influences, I would say they're less likely to cause the PROBLEMATIC sort of "escapism" than Mars or Saturn. Their effect is most noticeable in Houses 6 &12, but not necessarily in a bad way, and usually even in a good way. [IMO]:biggrin:

Hades055

Very interesting topic :smile: It seems a sensible point there (6th and 12th houses) for escapist behaviors.

Personally, i consider escapism to the abuse of activities of substances that, in their fair measure (excluding "heavy drugs" here, for their well known negative effects) are useful for us to recharge energies.

To this, i would also propose the 3rd and 9th house axis (for Neptune and / or Uranus). The 3rd for its interference with our thinking patterns and the 9th for the excessive identification with a particular philosophy or religion (approaching it in potential terms, not "you have it there, so you are lost" kind of approach).

david starling

The Uranian influence interferes with thought patterns that are stuck in a rut, and going nowhere. Neptune exposes "spiritual" practices that are really materialism in disguise. So, both can be disturbing in a beneficial way. [IMO]:biggrin:

Starsareround

I do believe that Neptune in the 4th house squaring 1st house planets is a huge huge marker for “escapism” the desire to escape goes right to the core of the self and is usually a result of childhood abuse or neglect. Not always obviously, but it’s a strong puzzle piece which will slot into place (talking compulsive, addictive personalities) in conjunction with other markers in the chart.

david starling

I do believe that Neptune in the 4th house squaring 1st house planets is a huge huge marker for “escapism” the desire to escape goes right to the core of the self and is usually a result of childhood abuse or neglect. Not always obviously, but it’s a strong puzzle piece which will slot into place (talking compulsive, addictive personalities) in conjunction with other markers in the chart.

Interesting. I'll watch for that.

CapAquaPis

My Uranus in 5th (Scorpio) and Neptune in 6th (Sagittarius) made me sought an escape from the grind of reality, my life isn't full of optimism anyways. The Aquarius sign ruler squares Sun and Moon in that sign, and Neptune squares Mercury in 9th, as well squares Mars/Jupiter/Saturn conjunction in 3rd. And Pluto is in Libra in 4th opposite Venus in 10th - I sought a sweet escape like traveling, relocation and imagination of myself living out my deep fantasies.

david starling

Ouranos:)uranus:) in Scorpio: Facilitating Ability
Neptune in Sagittarius: Facilitating Ability
Moon in Aquarius: Exalted
Ascendant in Mer:)cancer:): Exalted
Mercury in Aquarius: Sense of Purpose, Motivational
Mercury in Pisces: Facilitating Ability
[From a new pattern I'm working on when time permits.]