Mercury in Sagittarius??

Skywomb

Posted this one elsewhere might post here as well:http://books.google.se/books?id=W0a...=y#v=onepage&q=mythastrology sag merc&f=false

People often say I'm "too much"..haha, yea I tend to talk rapidly and forget details cause my head is all over the place... Uranus rising and Mars etc in Scorpio doesn't really help being "less much". ;) and it being in the 12th well I need to work on making myself clear to others when I do intend so, for sure.

I'm perversely inclined to mix too many subjects or ways of saying things.

Last edited:

Skywomb

I have mercury in Sagittarius too. Fun stuff. I talk too fast, I occasionally stop making sense, and I often talk about things that other people don't care about that I happen to be REALLY excited about.
Like, I tell all my friends about various astrological findings in my chart or whatever, and they just seem to pretend to listen. I just feel the need to get it all out because it's so exciting.

Writing is much easier for me than talking. With writing, I have the chance to formulate all my thoughts into a cohesive idea whereas when I speak I just tend to ramble until something somewhere makes sense.
People that aren't used to talking to me often get confused by my various rants, overly fast-paced speeches, and ever-changing train of thought. Makes me have to repeat myself a lot.

The blunt speech thing is definitely true too. I've been accused of being too brutally honest, especially to the people closest to me.
Ditto, basically.

Except I have a harder time writing, at least as far as making sense and being cohesive (unless I take insane amount of time for it).
When I talk I can pick up instantly if people don't get it, when I write (long stuff anyway) I can only constantly stop my train of thought (annoying as hell) to make sure I haven't got way out...
Like if I were to write some assignment for school, usually I'd end up ripping the paper into different pieces and puzzling it together......a lot of times the end part ends up at the beginning and so on.
But yes I can "put more in there" when writing, but takes more effort sorting it out, unless it's extremely short a format....one-liners preferably.

Last edited:

gen6k

the best speaker i know with mercury in sagittarius is terrence mckenna.

he has a scorpio sun
and virgo moon
his moon is quintile uranus

if the particular-whole polarity can be created somewhere within the native then
some of its effects are reduced. for example mercury in sag tends to kind of give a quick look at the situation and try to wrap around it quickly and move on. it also tends to speak in large vocal images. alluding to different parts of society, tasks with a kind of victorian sense of personality. it can turn out to be pretty empty of detail and portray an image, but it can also turn out to be capturing the details plus the whole picture. and many other combinations. its also a metaphorical truth arrow, but it tends towards premature poetization of language. it also does better at alluding to "general organizations" rather than mechanization of process. the gist of what it does instead of what it goes through. theres a tendency towards an elongation of an image. so if this can include several shafting, and turns maybe it can learn to control the use of certain realms.

Last edited:

Knight

Mercury in sagittarius (detriment) is the second worst position after mercury in pisces (fall), but debilitated as well.

Do you see any similarities between merc in pisces and merc in sagit ?
I guess both are not very well capable of making the listener to really understand and on the other hand they have problems in understanding what the other tries to communicate.

M

may28gemini

I think Sagittarius Mercury in real life is worse than Pisces Mercury simply because Sag is so stuck on its own stubborn, egotistical, fiery stance that they think they're right and continue to press that they're right when they're wrong pretty much all the time. Pisces Mercury usually don't assume they're right because they actually are aware that they're not all that rational to begin with and concentrate on what they're good at, which is creativity. Pisces Mercury isn't often guilty about purposely passing on WRONG information since they get their wires crossed so easily, they present info in vagueness. Sagittarius Mercury on the other hand love passing on info that they're so flat out sure they're right and will even purposely try to shape information to fit their own views when they're dead wrong.

I think of Robert Hand with his combusted Sagittarius Mercury and how much damage he's done to astrology. The composite chart is baloney and much of the modern astrology that he's responsible for influencing and spreading about is made up cr@p. He even retracted about the composite charts that it doesn't do anything but people still follow that because when he brought that up, he brought it up with so much conviction. In a recent podcast, he basically said modern astrology is all made up.:annoyed:
http://theastrologypodcast.com/2013/12/09/robert-hand-reconciling-modern-traditional-astrology/

But that's just my observations and being that I'm Gemini Mercury, there's probably a natural dislike towards Sagittarius anyway. I have very little patience for people who act like they know what they're talking about when all they're doing is corrupting the dataset and that's exactly what Sag Mercury does.

Knight

My pisces mercury is retrograde and opposite mars(leo)and jupiter(virgo) and sesq. pluto (libra) - all retrogrades, but in the same sign with the Sun.
My merc governs 5,6 and 8th house: I have 2 kids perfectly healthy (5), my health is ok (6) and i am still alive and have no problems with shared resources (8).

I guess merc opposite jupiter boosts the sagit. traits of my pisces merc - it makes me open minded and wide thinking but also blunt and exagerated; I also talk a lot. :smile:

I observed sag. merc people, i have a lot of friends with this position. they throw a statement that is not tested and then no explanations. They try to persuade you they are correct but they did not test it before. Another manifestation is that of giving you only an insight and nothing more , or a couple of information and they assume you understood because they keep inside the whole story and they make a fun of the fact that you don;t get it the way they know it.

Last edited:

The Ram

Well I'd say that the air sign mercuries would be better for that, due to Air's association with communication.

But maybe Sag would be an alright Mercury position for languages due to Sag's association with foreign lands. On paper anyway. I'm not really sure if this theory holds up in the real world.

LeoJeo

I've also heard Mercury in Sag is good for foreign languages. Its probably because since Sagittarius is the master of foreign lands it probably speaks better in a foreign language than in it's own native tongue! :biggrin:

sworm09

Mercury in Sagittarius is a weird one. Remember, Mercury is in detriment in this sign and it has problems being itself.

Mercury is detailed, technical intellect and in detriment Mercury cannot handle those things.

So what happens?

Attention to detail goes out of the window, the mind because active and jumpy and it makes huge intuitive leaps rather than well thought out distinctions and theories. It's good for more abstract subjects, but terrible for detail oriented stuff. That's why Mercury in Sagittarius can look scatter brained; their thought processes are working so quickly and with so little caution that it jumps from point A to point Z without considering anything in between. This Mercury is also a tad on the random/unstable side, but still quite sharp and able to find real, abstract truths.

In short; Mercury in Gemini and Virgo are your scientists, Mercury in Sagittarius is your philosopher.

Last edited:

Bunraku

Huh? It sounds like you described Mercury opposition or square Jupiter. You're exaggerating the placement quite a bit lol

Conspiracy theorists is the Queen of Mercury in Sagittarius on this forum. We should all await for his input as his input is the official say on this thread

conspiracy theorist

Gotta hand it to my fellow Swagittarius, her teasing game is pretty good.

Mercury in Sag, just like Mercury in Pisces can result in a number of ways. But since it's in a Jupiterian sign the mind would be more inclined to the bigger picture and not necessarily the nitty-gritty.

Last edited:

Bunraku

What if the rest of the chart is involved? Sometimes those little peripheral things get in the way of discussion...

Just kidding of course ! Of course I am..please volcano mods don't reign fire down on me I'm innocent.

🌋🌋🌋

Anyways ...

Sagittarius has a human portion and a beast portion. Mercury in these places will further color its interpretation

Aeryn

By the way, there is this rumor going around that Mercury in Sag are good at learning languages. Is this true? :surprised:

It certainly seems to be working for me. I am German and after one year in England people thought I was from South Africa. I became fluent and lost my accent quickly. Spanish came easily, too, but disappeared quickly because I didn't use it.

French was never my language though. ^^

Mercury in Sagittarius is a weird one. Remember, Mercury is in detriment in this sign and it has problems being itself.

Mercury is detailed, technical intellect and in detriment Mercury cannot handle those things.

So what happens?

Attention to detail goes out of the window, the mind because active and jumpy and it makes huge intuitive leaps rather than well thought out distinctions and theories. It's good for more abstract subjects, but terrible for detail oriented stuff. That's why Mercury in Sagittarius can look scatter brained; their thought processes are working so quickly and with so little caution that it jumps from point A to point Z without considering anything in between. This Mercury is also a tad on the random/unstable side, but still quite sharp and able to find real, abstract truths.

In short; Mercury in Gemini and Virgo are your scientists, Mercury in Sagittarius is your philosopher.

I am just about to finish my training as a software developer (programmer). I love it, but I prefer to develop concepts (theoretical, big picture) or program the user interface, because I get instant visual feedback whether what I'm doing works or not, resulting in regular and frequent successes. As soon as I have to go deeper into the code, the nitty gritty details, I stop having fun. It bores me to tears. ^^

Queen? What are you smoking?

Mercury in Sag is a stoner's placement. See Bunraku's comment above

Bwahahaha! Check! :lol:

Last edited:

Bunraku

Post your chart Aeryn

For an astrology forum we don't usually have any charts. We've been out and dry, a natal chart drought!

Aeryn

Post your chart Aeryn

For an astrology forum we don't usually have any charts. We've been out and dry, a natal chart drought!

Uh... is this my Sag-Merc not getting the joke? (My chart is in my signature. ^^)

But certainly can't have that! Have at it! I am always happy to be analysed! :D

Last edited: