Can I afford to retire now?

Summery Joy

Catalina,

Back to your original question. I agree with Tikana. The ruler of your second house (saturn) is weak. It is received by Mars with rules the 2nd from the 10th (money from career). I am left under the impression that Money from your job is your best option for support right now. I wouldn't recommend retiring this month.

Harold

Is it safe to retire.....?

Jupiter rules the ascendant, which is in Sagittarius. Jupiter is in the 8th house, of debts, combust the sun, with malignant Mars casting a close square to it.

Answer, no. Jupiter is in a pretty bad way and, being in Leo the most fixed of fixed signs, this is not going to change any time soon.

The only way out here is marked by the Part of Fortune on the cusp of the 2nd. Saturn rules the 2nd and disposes the Part of Fortune. Moon is transferring the light from Venus, ruler of the 5th, the sons in this question - (plural, note that Venus is in a double bodied sign) - to Saturn. Venus is, of course, making an unimpedited application to Saturn by trine anyway.

This is the situation you wanted to avoid, your sons helping you financially. But it seems clear here that if you retire in accord with your question, that is the inevitable outcome.

Last edited:

Catalina

Harold,

Your post is very clear and well-written. I am very grateful for your answer and also for the instructive techniques you explained.

Thank you very much.

Is it safe to retire.....?

Jupiter rules the ascendant, which is in Sagittarius. Jupiter is in the 8th house, of debts, combust the sun, with malignant Mars casting a close square to it.

Answer, no. Jupiter is in a pretty bad way and, being in Leo the most fixed of fixed signs, this is not going to change any time soon.

The only way out here is marked by the Part of Fortune on the cusp of the 2nd. Saturn rules the 2nd and disposes the Part of Fortune. Moon is transferring the light from Venus, ruler of the 5th, the sons in this question - (plural, note that Venus is in a double bodied sign) - to Saturn. Venus is, of course, making an unimpedited application to Saturn by trine anyway.

This is the situation you wanted to avoid, your sons helping you financially. But it seems clear here that if you retire in accord with your question, that is the inevitable outcome.

venuschild

Banned
JupiterAsc, Harold, and WCA are excellent horary astrologers who just wanted to help.

I was just waiting for your analysis of your horary, and yes horary's tough, the meat and potatoes of astrology you might say.

JupiterAsc's post from Bob Zemco who members have stated aboard the Forum '... isn't coming back..', yet Bob would have been a lot harder on you as he was on others all through his threads. If you read Bob Zemco's posts you will well know that WCA and JupiterAsc were being kind, Bob however preferred the abrasive method you'll well understand when you review Bob.

I just wanted to see your work Catalina, where I could make some favorable comments, but I saw no efforts.

Catalina

Venuschild,

Why are you bringing up Harold? He helped me and I thanked him. He seems to be a refined, helpful person, unlike you.

I will probably get banned because of this but I don't care:
You don't make sense. You're crazy. You undoubtedly hate women. And you're not the only one, apparently. Your rudeness is disgusting. Manners are beyond you. You are arrogant and are obviously not the product of good mothering. You probably got in trouble at school a lot and may even have an arrest record. I am sorry that you have nothing better to do than troll the forum looking for people to put down and make fun of.

I am very disappointed that Astro Weekly allows people like you to post at all. I came to this community because I THOUGHT people were held to a higher standard of behavior. Apparently not.

Marinka

I am very disappointed that Astro Weekly allows people like you to post at all. I came to this community because I THOUGHT people were held to a higher standard of behavior. Apparently not.

The moderators/admins will eventually look at this thread and decide whether any course of action is warranted. In the interim, please don't let yourself get baited to respond to statements that might be interpreted as rude or meant to inflame.

In each posting, you will see a little red outlined box in the upper right of the post, click on it - that is a way to send a message to the admins about a particular post.

Blaze

Account Closed
Venuschild,

Hi, Catalina. Like Marinka said, I would just use the report button and let a Mod handle that..mess. I would hope that you aren't pushed away by some of the bad apples on the site. :smile:

As a precaution, You might want to edit out your post. That way, It won't seem like flamebait or any of that stuff (I understand your anger though).

tsmall

Premium Member
The moderators/admins will eventually look at this thread and decide whether any course of action is warranted. In the interim, please don't let yourself get baited to respond to statements that might be interpreted as rude or meant to inflame.

In each posting, you will see a little red outlined box in the upper right of the post, click on it - that is a way to send a message to the admins about a particular post.

I have found that, since there is no active moderator in the horary forum, hitting the ! button won't get a mod to look at the thread. A pm to one of the site admins is required, with the thread included.

My, this went down the drain quickly.

Harold

I just wanted to see your work Catalina, where I could make some favorable comments, but I saw no efforts.

It is a laudable aim that the primum mobile of the AW forum should be where astrologers can learn and stretch their skills. That is certainly true over at the Skyscript forum, which tightly monitored by Deb Houlding and a small group of very active and highly experienced astrologers.

But - as has been commented on here - the overseeing of the AW forum is somewhat more.... relaxed. The result is that while there is interesting discussion on the techniques and technical aspects of astrology, there are also a goodly number of posts by people who just need help - despite the fact that their grasp of even the basics of horary is tenuous.

And, you know, those are the more interesting charts, because they come from people who genuinely need guidance through a decisive moment in their lives, so their charts tend to be more descriptive and to mirror the actual situation with greater accuracy.

Astrology is a skill, yes, but it is also a gift and with that gift comes a responsibility. I would commend all astrologers to teach where it is appropriate, but to always help where it is needed - and to pray for the wisdom to recognise that need.

Summery Joy

Don't worry about it, Catalina. When reading your own chart is too difficult, please let me know. I would be very happy to help. I see you helping other people around with their posts, and I don't think you are on this forum for a free ride. Just buzz me on private-message when you post a horary.

JUPITERASC

Venuschild,

Why are you bringing up Harold? He helped me and I thanked him. He seems to be a refined, helpful person, unlike you.

I will probably get banned because of this but I don't care:
You don't make sense. You're crazy. You undoubtedly hate women. And you're not the only one, apparently. Your rudeness is disgusting. Manners are beyond you. You are arrogant and are obviously not the product of good mothering. You probably got in trouble at school a lot and may even have an arrest record. I am sorry that you have nothing better to do than troll the forum looking for people to put down and make fun of.

I am very disappointed that Astro Weekly allows people like you to post at all. I came to this community because I THOUGHT people were held to a higher standard of behavior. Apparently not
HORARY RULES http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/faq.php?faq=horary#faq_horary_astrology_boards :smile:

FORUM RULES http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/faq.php

Summery Joy

Alright. Enough is enough. I was here when Radu established those rules. I fact, I was a member of the original group he consulted with when he was formulating them with his admins. The rule of answer your own question was established to ensure that no one joins the forums just for a few quick questions then takes off. I know for a fact that if Radu was still here, although he would still encourage answering our own questions, would still agree that old members who help out other members can be exempt every now and then.

Now, in stead of picking on well intentioned people, like Catalina here, how about you ignore posts where the querent doesn't answer their own question if they bug you so much. The rest of us don't need you to "protect" us from free riders. We answer horaries in free will.

Seriously, stop this power struggle, especially newbies to the forum. Please reply to the threads you approve of and ignore the rest. Most of the traditional planets are in square right now; the energies are turning this thread into a ball of fire!! Let us all practice some self restraint with the urge to correct until it passes.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Alright. Enough is enough. I was here when Radu established those rules. I fact, I was a member of the original group he consulted with when he was formulating them with his admins. The rule of answer your own question was established to ensure that no one joins the forums just for a few quick questions then takes off. I know for a fact that if Radu was still here, although he would still encourage answering our own questions, would still agree that old members who help out other members can be exempt every now and then.
Radu sold the forum though, so now everything has changed, however if existing horary rules require updating
then moderators need to be consulted
since Radu has gone
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=351293#post351293 :smile:
Now, in stead of picking on well intentioned people, like Catalina here, how about you ignore posts where the querent doesn't answer their own question if they bug you so much.

The rest of us don't need you to "protect" us from free riders. We answer horaries in free will.

Seriously, stop this power struggle, especially newbies to the forum. Please reply to the threads you approve of and ignore the rest. Most of the traditional planets are in square right now; the energies are turning this thread into a ball of fire!! Let us all practice some self restraint with the urge to correct until it passes.
This issue is clearly one for moderators to settle

Summery Joy

The forum is the members, dear; not it's owners. Now, like I said, enough with power struggle and the need to have the last word. Seriously, we can all be of benefit to each other. Let's stop arguing. I will start by not taking part in this argument anymore. I have said what needed to be said. I will go back to being everyone's friend. Forgive me if I don't reply to this thread again. It's not out of arrogance. It's step towards making peace.

JUPITERASC

The forum is the members, dear; not it's owners. Now, like I said, enough with power struggle and the need to have the last word. Seriously, we can all be of benefit to each other. Let's stop arguing. I will start by not taking part in this argument anymore. I have said what needed to be said. I will go back to being everyone's friend. Forgive me if I don't reply to this thread again. It's not out of arrogance. It's step towards making peace.
The fact is, wca with the best of intentions only said
lol, I wouldn't have included these photos but for what it's worth, I do agree with the basic sentiment of your post here.

if you (anyone, generic "you") have a question but don't feel capable of delineating your own chart, then don't cast the chart and post it. go find an astrologer to answer your question and support them financially, if the question truly matters. if not, just keep studying and don't ask yourself unless you're prepared to take responsibility for the judgement.

the chart is meant to be drawn up by the astrologer who is taking the question. when you cast a chart you are taking the role of querent AND astrologer, and your interpretation is going to be critical in how the chart is read. horary falls apart otherwise, and it's why these forums are breeding grounds for faulty technique -- everyone is trying to delineate someone else's chart, which is fine if we're attempting to help in judgment, but so often contributors get it wrong because it wasn't meant for them to judge but for the person who asked. it's a horrible cycle, because then decent, growing horary astrologers feel like their technique is awful because they're getting other people's questions wrong and they end up discouraged.

also, this is a learning forum, and it functions best when people first judge what they can from their own chart before posting.

anyway, Catalina, I'm not having a go at you in any way at all. just sharing my personal views on the virtues and dangers of forums
Horary it seems is a branch of astrology that has strict rules
otherwise one is using 'faulty technique'
so
in the interests of having one's question effectively answered
apparently then certain 'strictures' apply
which seems reasonable :smile:
and furthermore these 'strictures' are intended for the benefit of any horary student
and
a beginner may well be unaware of these factors
therefore
it is wise to inform the beginner
Just my 2 cents