Constantly accused of being cold-hearted ?

Alitta the Archer

I have my Moon in Libra and my Sun, Venus, Mercury and Mars in Sagittarius .You can see that the most important aspects of my chart are ruled by Air and Fire, those elements are known mostly for emotional detachment and cool-headedness .

Let's just say that I'm ruled by my head rather than my heart , however my Cancer Sun, Pisces Moon mother describes my ability to keep cool and collected in the worst possible situation as cold-heartedness which's not true since I sympathize with others, I just don't show it the way my mother does.

I never had problems with the way I am until my grandfather, whom I used to be very close to, died recently. During his funeral I didn't shed a single tear. I was so sad and I felt devastated yet I couldn't cry. my friendly fun-loving uncle died as well, a year ago and the same happened.
I don't know why but it makes me feel horrible about myself as if I did never cared about them. My father asked me once if I truly loved my grandpa because he thought I wasn't the least bit sad.

Every time something bad happens like losing a loved one, I turn as rigid as ice as if my whole heart freezes and my emotions simply shut down.
It's really weird because the exact opposite happens when I'm feeling positive emotions such as happiness, hope, excitement . My heart overflows with them, I become very expressive and easy to read; like a child with his favorite toy.
What should I do about it ? It really hurts when people keep accusing you of being unemotional and unfeeling.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_raghd.39990.10967.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_raghd.39990.10967.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 84

dreamtimez

It really hurts when people keep accusing you of being unemotional and unfeeling.

I understand what you feel ... when that happens, just remember "There is a pain too deep for tears, and there are tears too deep to cry" :smile:

You have Pluto in Scorpio, 3rd house (communication) and Mercury too. There is depth in your emotions but the expression is restricted somewhat by Saturn square from the 6th house. Explore your 3rd house ...

Nexus7

I thought what is sounded like was your Moon might be in hard aspect to Uranus - and so it is. Possibly too much emotional overload, then maybe somehow you might tend to 'cut off.'

That might help explain why your mother may find it hard to understand you. If she is very true to her Cancer Sun, then she maybe may tend to nurse her feelings in a more sentimental way.

Does she have any important planets making hard synastry aspects to your Moon?

Lin

I believe you can only give either what you got from your own family (who teach you in their own ways about love and feelings) or what you are given by birth (the planetary energies in your chart). You can't give what you don't have and if you were taught to hide your feelings it's hard to do otherwise as you get older.

So: was the showing of feelings encouraged or discouraged in your family? Always look to the family history first in these cases. No one hides their feelings unless they were taught to do so.
LIN

What should I do about it ? It really hurts when people keep accusing you of being unemotional and unfeeling.
have you noticed everything is 'below the horizon' this suggests a personality type that is very subjective and finds it harder to put themselves in other peoples shoes. :whistling:

Virgo Asc can be a 'worrier' very analytical, but the do 'overanalyse things' and this then affects the stomach
Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Remember back to your school days an opposition is 180', square 90', trine 120', and sextile 60' Now challenged aspects are conj (depending on the planets, cos some like each other and some really don't) squares and oppositions. Easy aspects are conj (if the planets get along) eg: Jupiter conj Moon, sextile and trine. Quincunx is inbetween (depending on the planets) causes health strains and unresolved or hard to balance planets/energies.

mars square Asc can suggest much assertiveness

Mars in Square to Ascendant
You meet challenges head on and others may see you as a "hard driver." Your personality projects a strong spirit and a lot of spunk.
You rarely back down in competitive situations and as a result, you've experienced your share of butting heads, especially with other so-called strong personalities.
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/aspectsmars.htm

your chart ruler mercury is challenged by square to saturn, suggesting communications can be filled with tension and tendency to withdraw. Mercury conj pluto suggests great analytical mind, good for research and playing detective but can be unleashed into 'verbal lacerations' when needed.

Libra Moon shows balance and harmony are high on your list, but also suggests, restlessness, indecisiveness and poss argumentativeness.
Moon square URanus and Neptune, shows problems relating to mother and women. Emotional disillusionment and something about mother you really didn't quite understand, occasionally this can be linked to eating disorders. Moon square uranus is a divorce aspect and wanting to do something unusual that feeds the emotinal and intuitive nature.

Still thinking

people call you cold-hearted because may be you are arrogant and strict with others.

I per Indian Astrology you have Saturn in 1st house.This is going to keep you often away from others or uncomfortable relation with others.

Indian Astrology

Aquarius Rising

Saturn in 1st house

venus,mercury,Rahu(north node),mars,sun in scorpio in 10th house.

jup and moon in 9th house.

miquar

Hi Alitta the Archer. I hope you're not offended by that last post. You don't come across as arrogant or strict at all.

Air Moons are a paradox in themselves, because air tries to detach from the messy, chaotic, unpredictable world of feelings. Its not that airy people can't feel, but that their way of adapting to life is through the intellect, which seeks to objectively define things and create neat, civilised systems by which to live. Virgo also fears chaos and would rather focus on the practical matters at hand than delve into what is felt about something, and Saturn in the 6th may add to this need to keep control of your boundaries.

The positive emotions that you mention would seem to come from your strong Sagittarius streak, with Jupiter in Scorpio adding passion.

It might be worth looking at your Venus square the 12th house Chiron for more clues about when your 'heart freezes' and your 'emotions shut down,' especially since Chiron is in a water house. Venus Chiron generally reflects a wound to the sense of worth and self-love, and so a sense that one won't be valued by others either. This can make relationships difficult until the wound is looked at.

The Moon's square to Uranus and Neptune seems to be resulting in Uranus having the final say and pulling the Moon further away from directly experiencing feelings, as Nexus7 was saying. The Libran Moon and Uranus seem to be shutting Neptune out at the moment. With Moon in Libra, the Venus Chiron square has a baring on the Moon's search for nourishment through the principles of relationship and harmony.

I can understand your frustration with what people have said to you - their pigeon holing you won't exactly help you to explore different ways of being. You are very young yet and can't be expected to be developing a missing element at 18. People don't feel compelled to do this until much later in life. You already have the issue of the fire-earth conflict between your Virgo ascendant and the Sagittarian planets.

In the mean time remember that everyone has feelings - its just that some people are more prone to adapt to life through them than others.

Alitta the Archer

Hi Alitta the Archer. I hope you're not offended by that last post. You don't come across as arrogant or strict at all.

Air Moons are a paradox in themselves, because air tries to detach from the messy, chaotic, unpredictable world of feelings. Its not that airy people can't feel, but that their way of adapting to life is through the intellect, which seeks to objectively define things and create neat, civilised systems by which to live. Virgo also fears chaos and would rather focus on the practical matters at hand than delve into what is felt about something, and Saturn in the 6th may add to this need to keep control of your boundaries.

The positive emotions that you mention would seem to come from your strong Sagittarius streak, with Jupiter in Scorpio adding passion.

It might be worth looking at your Venus square the 12th house Chiron for more clues about when your 'heart freezes' and your 'emotions shut down,' especially since Chiron is in a water house. Venus Chiron generally reflects a wound to the sense of worth and self-love, and so a sense that one won't be valued by others either. This can make relationships difficult until the wound is looked at.

The Moon's square to Uranus and Neptune seems to be resulting in Uranus having the final say and pulling the Moon further away from directly experiencing feelings, as Nexus7 was saying. The Libran Moon and Uranus seem to be shutting Neptune out at the moment. With Moon in Libra, the Venus Chiron square has a baring on the Moon's search for nourishment through the principles of relationship and harmony.

I can understand your frustration with what people have said to you - their pigeon holing you won't exactly help you to explore different ways of being. You are very young yet and can't be expected to be developing a missing element at 18. People don't feel compelled to do this until much later in life. You already have the issue of the fire-earth conflict between your Virgo ascendant and the Sagittarian planets.

In the mean time remember that everyone has feelings - its just that some people are more prone to adapt to life through them than others.

Thank you, I really feel better after reading your post. :love:

Caro

have you noticed everything is 'below the horizon' this suggests a personality type that is very subjective and finds it harder to put themselves in other peoples shoes. :whistling:

Dont agree with this statement at all, in fact I would say the opposite. ie those with planets below the line are more introspective and therefore can analyse themselves and depending on planets signs etc could help others do likewise..

im interested with all your sagi planets that people (which appear to be yoru family percieve you in this way) as this is such a warm sign and gregarious. merc in sagi - can be tactless but tends to say what others are thinking. I think sagi's dont like to dwell on the negative.

cancer can be very needy and demanding under stress.

these recent deaths seem to highlight the tensions which others have pointed out with your mother.

Last edited:
Now count the number of pictures below the line and the number of pictures above the line. If there are more pictures below the line than above, the chart has an inner world focus (i.e., introverted). If there are more pictures above the line than below it, the chart has an outer world focus (i.e., extroverted). If there are the exact same number of pictures below the line as above it, then the chart has a balanced focus (neither introverted nor extroverted).
http://wilsontc.stormloader.com/#continue
( this is our Moderator/Admin Tim’s website)

Rageypoo

YES and the point is? this is not your thread and OP has 10 below horizon...

I know its not my thread, I found it interesting and wanted to learn, and it's a question related to the topic, so if you answer my question it could also help others who look at this tread too, something to think about :whistling:

Last edited:

miquar

I think there's more in the idea of hemisphere types if you use the word 'collective' for upper hemisphere and 'individual' for lower hemisphere. I think this idea was first put forward by Dane Rudhyar. In the upper hemisphere houses (as also in 0 degrees Libra to 0 degrees Aries), the forces that bind individuals into a collective are stronger, and in the other signs and houses the forces that maintain individual separateness are stronger. For example the 12th house is above the horizon - it isn't extroverted, but it is collective in its orientation. And the 5th house is below the horizon, but it isn't usually introverted, though it does have a stronger individual orientation than collective. I have known introverts with an upper emphasis and extroverts with a lower emphasis.

Amunet

I can only sympathize with you... Looking at the situation in a different perspective, the fact that you are acknowledging these deep feelings, although not able to express them openly, is a small step into the right direction. You are completely aware and concious of yourself on a more personal level, but emotions seem repressed in some way. I am also a Libra moon with sun in cancer. My natal sun would naturally be emotionally reactive to everything I may experience life, however moon in Libra would respond in a different manner to such situations. The key concept with a Libra moon sign is the Feelings are refined, sensitive, but usually harmonious and balanced with the mind. That goes on to say that a rational and logical mindset would obviously analyze and question his inner emotions rather than express them openly.

Last edited: