I GOT ACCEPTED! Should I take it!?!

lilithofeden

I applied to college and as it goes you get 5 courses to choose for what ever college, so I was accepted to one, waitlisted for another, and the other 3 I have to send in my transcript and stuff before I hear back from them. I only have until the 20th until this offer expiers... my first choice is the one I'm waitlisted for.. I don't exactly have a second choice and this program I am accepted for is pretty much like my first choice! Same field, just a lower position. I'm impulsive and almost want to accept now!! LOL omg I only have like a week and a half to decide......... HEEEEEELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Attachments

• astro_2gw_57_should_i_accept_hr.23566.10217.jpg
    astro_2gw_57_should_i_accept_hr.23566.10217.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 34

lilithofeden

Oh sorry, I'm so excited here that I'm accepted I didn't even touch on the chart! OK so, I am the sun, and my program is mars. They are in an applying sextile! sounds good.... only thing not good is Mars is in 12th but could this be because I don't know if I will be acceptd to my first choice program that I am waitlisted on? They can call me any time...... I hate being dangled in the air!

Now the moon applies to BOTH the sun and mars in a quincunx which probably isn't good...............:( I'm not familiar with quincunx in horary as I've never encountered one until now.

Maybe this means it could be a good choice but something might come along (like my first choice program) which I may enjoy better, and if I accept this one then I won't like it anymore??????

lilithofeden

I just realized that I can accept this offer now, and if another offer comes along that I like (like the waitlisted one) I can accept that one and my previous program I accepted will be cancelled. Maybe this is what quincunx is?? LOL

Aquarius358

Oh sorry, I'm so excited here that I'm accepted I didn't even touch on the chart! OK so, I am the sun, and my program is mars. They are in an applying sextile! sounds good.... only thing not good is Mars is in 12th but could this be because I don't know if I will be acceptd to my first choice program that I am waitlisted on? They can call me any time...... I hate being dangled in the air!

Now the moon applies to BOTH the sun and mars in a quincunx which probably isn't good...............:( I'm not familiar with quincunx in horary as I've never encountered one until now.

Maybe this means it could be a good choice but something might come along (like my first choice program) which I may enjoy better, and if I accept this one then I won't like it anymore??????

Hello there, you excited person!!
No, quincunx aspects aren't generally used in horary (although Lilly did mention them a few times) - the Moon is VOC and she's not applying but separating from Mars. Sun also separates from a sextile with Mars.
Yes, Mars in the 12th but it's almost on the ASC, not very far away at all - so I wouldn't read any sinister 12th House stuff into that - and given that you haven't started the program yet, it's appropriate. Don't worry about Mars. I'd say that was enough to show that that program is 'in your life.'

Reception between you (Moon or Sun) and Mars would indicate whether or not you're going to absolutely love the program or like it pretty much or just barely tolerate it! (This is the one you got accepted into first, right?)
Well, Sun receives Mars by Sign - so you like it a lot but Mars is in your Detriment, so it could be quite difficult and end up being something you don't enjoy so much for whatever reason.

There is, however, strong mixed reception between the Moon and Jupiter ... and I know the Moon is VOC but she is disposited by Jupiter right on the Midheaven - so I'd say that Jupiter represents the program you'd prefer, that you love and that loves you (the Moon having separated from Jupiter).
It's a twisty one!! But, finally, because the Sun is applying to sextile the ASC, the outcome for you should be fortunate and be the one you want. I certainly hope so, anyway!

tikana

hello

Sun very weak
moon is weak in 8th house -anguish and it is void.. NO WAY
mars ruling 9th house in 12th house
NOT a good idea at all!

sorries
T

lilithofeden

Thanks both of you but now I'm confused! :( lol. I accepted it but if another offer comes along I can accept that one and my previous acceptance will be cancelled. Um, is there any idea why it won't be a good idea tik? Is it just not a good time, or "law" not right for me? The other courses I chose have to do with children.

tikana

moon in 8th house never good news
neither is sun conjunctingn malefic planet saturn

i am guessing too hard?

Aquarius358

hello

Sun very weak
moon is weak in 8th house -anguish and it is void.. NO WAY
mars ruling 9th house in 12th house
NOT a good idea at all!
sorries
T

Tik and Lilithofeden -
9 ruler Mars is already in the Sign of the Ascendant (Leo) and can therefore be considered to be in the 1st House - given that the study is not yet started but has been offered to the querent, it symbolises this nicely, I feel, being close to her 1st. You can hardly read all the sinister connotations of the 12th House (sorrow, etc) when the planet is not even in the Sign of the 12th House.

The Sun is weak, yes, but not very weak - and only because it is peregrine, which again describes the querent's situation - 'lost and wandering' in connection with decision making. The Sun is not in Detriment or Fall.

Querent is going to accept the program she's been offered and will see if the other one comes up later, at which time she can presumably switch (at least that's how I understand it.)

The VOC Moon could very well mean that nothing will come of it because she may be offered the other program - we don't know yet - but this was not originally a question about "Will I ...?" but "Should I ...?" so the Moon's temporary lack of aspects don't necessarily spell doom - not when there are FOUR positive testimonies -
a) Asc ruler aspecting the Asc by sextile;
b) quesited (Mars) is 1 degree away from the Asc and at 6deg could be said to be conjunct the ASC;
c) the Moon sextiles Fortuna and is waxing (not waning);
d) Mercury as a general significator for learning and study is conjunct the most fortunate Fixed Star, Spica. ________

lilithofeden

Thank you!!

Wow ok so.. You are right about how the application process works. I accepted the program (after this chart) because within a week it would expire if I didn't and that opportunity will pass, but I can be accepted to the other program up until the first week of school (in Jan! So that's like 2.5 months) and I am also waiting to hear back from 3 other programs.

I would have to take out a student loan which corresponds with the 8th house and sun conjunct saturn could be because of my son... I'm "sort of" a single mom.

Moon coming into sextile with fourtuna and merc conj. Spica sounds promising!

tikana

Tik and Lilithofeden -
9 ruler Mars is already in the Sign of the Ascendant (Leo) and can therefore be considered to be in the 1st House - given that the study is not yet started but has been offered to the querent, it symbolises this nicely, I feel, being close to her 1st. You can hardly read all the sinister connotations of the 12th House (sorrow, etc) when the planet is not even in the Sign of the 12th House.

The Sun is weak, yes, but not very weak - and only because it is peregrine, which again describes the querent's situation - 'lost and wandering' in connection with decision making. The Sun is not in Detriment or Fall.

Querent is going to accept the program she's been offered and will see if the other one comes up later, at which time she can presumably switch (at least that's how I understand it.)

The VOC Moon could very well mean that nothing will come of it because she may be offered the other program - we don't know yet - but this was not originally a question about "Will I ...?" but "Should I ...?" so the Moon's temporary lack of aspects don't necessarily spell doom - not when there are FOUR positive testimonies -
a) Asc ruler aspecting the Asc by sextile;
b) quesited (Mars) is 1 degree away from the Asc and at 6deg could be said to be conjunct the ASC;
c) the Moon sextiles Fortuna and is waxing (not waning);
d) Mercury as a general significator for learning and study is conjunct the most fortunate Fixed Star, Spica. ________

yeah but accepting and being good for her 2 different issues

high education is jupiter

dunno i dont like the chart quite honestly

i hope i am wrong

cheers
T

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary delineation and uses whole sign house format)

An advice request question, I'll use the Part of Fortune to delineate the "Cosmic advice"

-querent = Leo = Sun
-querent co-significator = Moon
-Part of Fortune (night formula) falls @ 18 Pisces
-Sun flows toward the POF = + testimony
-Moon flows toward the POF = + testimony
-Moon within orb of conjunction with the POF = + testimony (and, by the tradition I follow, since Moon will perfect conjunction with the POF before leaving its sign, this means Moon is NOT void of course in Pisces)
-POF in querent's 8th house = - testimony (shows there will be difficulties to expect)
-POF significator Jupiter elevated in the 10th house of honors and success (+), Moon flows toward Jupiter and Jupiter retrogrades back toward the Moon (+), however Jupiter is in fact retrograde (-) and Sun flows away from Jupiter (-) so we get a net neutral (0) from these combined considerations

Results
Positive = +3 testimonies
Negative = -1 testimony
Net = +2 testimonies

...with a net +2 testimonies indications are that yes the querent should take the course in which she has been accepted, realizing that there will be difficulties associated with it but that she will surmount them and be successful in this endeavor.

(Note: the star Merak, from the great constellation of Ursa Major, is within orb of longitudinal conjunction with the ascending degree; this is a generally constructive star, and is credited with "increasing the power to get on in life", which I think is appropriate to the issues involved in this advice-request question)

lilithofeden

Update: I didn't end up taking it. I got so far as I deffered my tuition fee's (Sort of like a down payment to ensure my spot in the program) and I paid for my parking spot too, and in the end I backed out.

I couldn't find a suitable daycare for my son (Either too expensive, no spots available, too far, a home daycare that is not credited enough). After I pulled out I started getting "We have an opening!" but that's ok... This time I have 9 months to plan and enlist my son on waitlists and I wasn't sure if that course was right for me. I feel like I should be more involved with the community on a more active level.