Will I be accepted into a fellowship?

I tried to move my thread here, but couldn't delete the old one...sorry!

Hello!

Q: Will I be accepted by any of the fellowships?
I submitted to 3.
1) has already announced its finalists...no call for me.
2) will announce its semi-finalists in Oct
3) could announce as late as Jan.

I am Mercury who is in 4th/Virgo.

Is the fellowship (writing mentorship non-paid) still the 7th? Jupiter in 9th/Aq
I think Mercury is applying to Jupiter? Would this be a yes I hope?

Is there a way to determine which one I would get if it's a yes...#2 or#3 I still have a chance.

Or is it a No due to the AC being such a late degree?

Thank you!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_34_fellowship_hr.82074.17085.jpg
    astro_2gw_34_fellowship_hr.82074.17085.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 29

starlink

Infinitee, I have no idea what a fellowship is. I am not American. I have heard of it ofcourse, but never really grabbed the meaning of it. And writing mentorship??? what does that mean then? I must ask my British partner, maybe he can explain it to me. I therefore dont know which house to choose for fellowship, but I think it could be the 10th, not the 7th. It is like a post, a position right? Like some sort of job, so I would take the 10th. That makes it Jupiter. You are Mercury. There is no aspect between them. I think therefore that the answer is negative. The only "maybe" would be that the ruler of Jupiter, Saturn, is also in the 4th and Mercury is going to conjunct him but before that Mercury will oppose Uranus which shows maybe that something will unexpectedly change. Saturn and Mercury are both under the Sunbeams which is also not favorable. Please give me an update if you know more. Thanks!

Starlink

Starlink

Hi Starlink!

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I should have been more explicit. In this case a fellowship refers to TV writing contests offered by the major TV networks. Some offer a class environment and others offer mentorships (2 live TV contacts) to guide you in obtaining an agent, better script writing and preparing you for meetings. You submit speculative (sample) scripts on existing shows. Each network chooses up to 10 winners. While only one fellowship is paid, the others are not. So becoming a winner would be extremely helpful in becoming a staff writer (ultimate goal).

Unfortunately, as you say...it doesn't look good. Thanks for pointing out that this would be a 10H significator. You're right; it's a maybe and there's still a couple of chances. I will keep you posted.

Thank you...you are so kind to reply,
Infinitee

Re: Starlink

Starlink,

You are right. I received a rejection email from one today. There's a slim chance for the other who has until January to announce its winners. Bummed :( Let's trust the Universe has something better planned for me.

starlink

Re: Starlink

Thanks for letting me know Infinitee! Sorry to hear that, but such is life isn't it. I am glad I got this horary right, I did not get a right answer in another thread. Still puzzled why, but there you see, we are all still learning:)

Cheers, and hope you will be more successful next time!

Starlink

hey so sorry to hear you didn't get the fellowship!

i'm a writer too and caught up in all my own applications hell-holes.

but i just wanted to share a story with you that might help:

i applied for a fulbright and went to see a psychic friend of mine who told me that i would get it but that the fulbright committee would make me wait "a really long time." when the first rounds were decided, i passed through, but when they decided on the second rounds, i was decided an alternate.

i waited six months to hear from them and finally assumed that i was never going to get the award. i was working at the time and it was absolutely hellish so i quit in a very dramatic and unexpected way. i had NO plan and NO way to pay my rent. and then i got an email from the fulbright office telling me that they had decided to give me an award.

you never know how things are going to work out. stay positive and if all else fails, apply again!

good luck!

kanshu

I just noticed that Saturn is on the rise on your chart. This should have been a good thing if not for your sign, Libra. This is because Saturn is approaching. And in a few months, Saturn's transit may slow everything down to a standstill for Libra natives.

Think "consolidation" if you want to reap the benefits of a Saturn transit. Or to put it in terms of a problem to be solved, if you were confined to a certain place for two years given a certain set of circumstances, what will you do? Coming up with the most creative solutions to this problem will help you more than you know.

Last edited:
Thanks, PiscesRising for sharing your story and congratulations!

Things don't always happen as we plan... I trust the right door will open if it's meant to be.