Euro 2008

Amit89

With just 10 days to go until Euro 2008 kicks off, me has an amatur astrolger is keen on predicting who will win the Europeon cup, as I'm sure all of you budding astrologers and football fans are keen on predicting the outcome on this wonderful tournament.

My predictions below are based by the ascendant ruler and Chinese year sign. I've chosen 9 countries who have a realistic chance of winning.

Germany

Germany are best known for their attacking qualities. By many, even by the bookies, are favourite to win this tournament. Europeon cup winners in 1972, 1980 and 1996.

3 Oct 1990, 12am, Berlin.

Asc sign: leo
Asc ruler sun

From 7th to 29th June, Sun will be passing through Gemini and Cancer, the 11th and 12th house from ACS. The sun will be sextiling their acs ruler from early to mid june, and it late June, the sun will be semi sextiling it's acs ruler.

Chinese year sign: horse
Chinese year sign this year: rat

By Chinese year method, the horse and rat are in opposition, causing friction, another no.

Italy

Italy are best known for it's rock solid defence. The current world champions, can they maintain their dominance by winning the europeon cup? Europeon cup winners in 1968.

June 10 1946, 6.10pm, rome.

Asc sign: scorpio
Asc ruler: mars

Mars will be passing through Leo in their 9th house, and will be conjoining their natal mars progressing through June. Mars is strong, so yes.

Chinese year sign: dog

This year is the chinese year of rat, by aspect the rat and dog from a sextile, which is the strongest aspect, so yes.

France

The current world cup runners up. France play with creativity and flair, with a defensive mindset, they don't score many goals. Europeon cup winners in 1986 and 2000.

6 Oct 1958, 6.30pm, Paris

Asc sign: aries
Asc ruler: mars

Mars will be passing 5th from acs in the sign leo. It will later be conjoining uranus as the tournament progresses, Leo is a fire sign, mars is a fire planet, passing in the 5th house of fun and mars will be trining their acs ruler, so yes.

Chinese year sign: dog

This year is the chinese year of rat, by aspect the rat and dog from a sextile, wich is the strongest aspect, so yes.

Holland

Placed in a tough group along with Italy and France, can Holland recreate total football and dazzle the crowd? Europeon cup winners in 1988.

March 16 1815, 11.47am, The Hague.

Asc sign: cancer
Asc ruler: moon

Moon will be passing through leo and virgo in the 3rd house on July 9 when they play their first match against Italy. On june 13 when they play France, moon will be passing through libra and scorpio, the 4th and 5th house from acs, and when they play Romania on June 17, moon will be passing through sag and capricorn, in the 6th and 7th house, moon will be weak on that day. Judging by the weakened acs ruler in their last match and the strength of their opponents, Holland does not seem to have a chance to progress through to the quarter finals.

Chinese year sign: pig

Pig forms a semi sextile to rat, and is 12th from the rat, so Holland has slim chances of progressing from the group stage.

Spain

Spain play a game based on possesion and pass and move. A strong team who fails to impress in big tournaments. The spanish squad is full of world class and talented players who impressed at club level, but can they impress at international level? Europeon cup winners in 1964.

January 19, 1479, 7am, Madrid

Asc sign: capricorn
Asc ruler: saturn

Saturn is currently passing through Spain's 8th house Virgo, by aspect this froms a trine. By aspect spain is quite strong, but the 8th house is a bad house, so no.

Chinese year sign: dog/pig

If the Spanish chinese year sign is dog, it forms a sextile from the rat, which is the strongest aspect, so Spain will have good chances of winning. If the chinese year sign is pig, then it forms a semi sextile and it's 12th from the rat, not so good!

Portugul

Euro 2004 runner up and 2006 world cup semi finalists. Portugul has a strong team with many talented players, including versatile midfeilders and electric wingers. Portugul opt for a defensive formation, based on possesion and careful passing, dangerous during counter attacks.

24 June 1128, 12pm, Lisbon.

Asc sign: libra
Asc ruler: venus

Venus will be passing through Gemini in house 9 in early to mid june, by aspect this forms a trine. In late june, venus will have progressed to cancer in house 10. Portugul by acs ruler may do well until quarter finals.

Chinese year sign: monkey

Monkey from the rat forms a trine, which is positive energy, so Portugul might do well.

Greece

The current europeon champions. Greece Suprised many by winning the tournament ranked outsiders in 2004. Did they have their miracle 4 years ago or is their something more?

January 13, 1822, Athens, Greece (I'm not sure if the place is correct)

Asc sign: pisces

Venus will be passing through the 3rd house in early to mid june in Gemini, but from the quarter finals, venus will in cancer, forming a trine from acs, so Greece has a good chance from the quarter finals.

Chinese year sign: horse

This year is the chinese year of rat, and from the rat the horse forms a opposition aspect. So with the asc ruler in mind, Greece has mixed chances.

Czech Republic

The style of this team is pace, technique and good off the ball movement. Czech Republic has quality players and is a team not to be underestimated.

January 1 1993, 12am Prague.

Asc sign: libra

Venus will be passing through Gemini in house 9 in early to mid june, by aspect this forms a trine. In late june Venus will have progressed to cancer in house 10.

Chinese year sign: rooster

This year's Chinese year sign is the rat, by aspect this forms a sqaure. So the rat and rooster will clash. So not many chances for Czech Republic according to the acs ruler and Chinese year sign method.

Croatia

Croatia is an attack minded team. This is another team not to be underestimated.

June 25 1991, 7.56am, Zagreb

Asc sign: sag
Asc ruler: jupiter

The acs ruler is weak in capricorn, 2nd from acs all the way through the tournament. Croatia may be too optimistic.

Chinese year sign: sheep

This year's chinese year sign is the rat, by aspect this forms a quintex. By acs ruler and Chinese year method, Croatia has slim chances of winning the tournament.

So by the ascendant ruler and Chinese year sign method, Italy and France have the best chance of winning.

Sorry about the long post!

Last edited:

fensi88

Amit89, congratulations, you had a lot of work! Nice post!Thanks for all these dates of foundation these teams!
I can tell you that every 60 years repeat same chinese year.
So , for
Holland Chinese year sign: Pig
Spain Chinese year sign: Dog or Pig
Portugal Chinese year sign: Monkey
Greece Chinese year sign: Horse

This year's Chinese year sign is the rat, by aspect this forms a sqaure.

Do you perhaps have some link where I can see which chinese signs are in sextile, square, trine and so on?

I agree with everything you said. But I was recentrly very disapointed when I predict according to chinese method that this year winner of Champions league will be Inter, because thay are founded in Monkey year and Rat and Monkey are suportive, but it happend that MU, founded in Tiger year win! I saw in one table on Intenet that Tiger and Rat are not compatible, from 1-10 thay are 4 compatible, and in that table Snake(Chelsea) and Rat are 7 points compatible and Rat and Monkey(Inter) 10 points. So I am very interested if you can give me that link to see which signs are in sextile, square ... and of course I wish you success with your prediction because you really had a lot of work !!:)

Amit89

fensi88 said:
Amit89, congratulations, you had a lot of work! Nice post!Thanks for all these dates of foundation these teams!
I can tell you that every 60 years repeat same chinese year.
So , for
Holland Chinese year sign: Pig
Spain Chinese year sign: Dog or Pig
Portugal Chinese year sign: Monkey
Greece Chinese year sign: Horse

Do you perhaps have some link where I can see which chinese signs are in sextile, square, trine and so on?

I agree with everything you said. But I was recentrly very disapointed when I predict according to chinese method that this year winner of Champions league will be Inter, because thay are founded in Monkey year and Rat and Monkey are suportive, but it happend that MU, founded in Tiger year win! I saw in one table on Intenet that Tiger and Rat are not compatible, from 1-10 thay are 4 compatible, and in that table Snake(Chelsea) and Rat are 7 points compatible and Rat and Monkey(Inter) 10 points. So I am very interested if you can give me that link to see which signs are in sextile, square ... and of course I wish you success with your prediction because you really had a lot of work !!:)

Thanks for the positive response, I really appreciate it.

"Do you perhaps have some link where I can see which chinese signs are in sextile, square, trine and so on?"

About that, I used my own intuition. I don't know if it applies, but has their are 12 chinese signs, I thought maybe aspects plays a part. For example this year is the year of rat, so the rat is 1st house. If a country falls under the chinese year tiger, then it forms a sextile (3rd from rat, e.g. Gem is 3rd from Aries), so the country has a good chance of winning, atleast the country has a positive year. If a country falls under the chinese year horse, its forms an opposition from the rat (1st to 7th), so it has some difficulties. Let's see if it works.

"But I was recentrly very disapointed when I predict according to chinese method that this year winner of Champions league will be Inter, because thay are founded in Monkey year and Rat and Monkey are suportive"

I agree, it forms a trine aspect, but maybe Liverpool's chinese sign was stronger?

"but it happend that MU, founded in Tiger year win! I saw in one table on Intenet that Tiger and Rat are not compatible"

A rat and tiger forms a sextile! sextile is the strongest aspect!

But all of these trines, sextiles etc, are only by my intuition, so it may not apply.

Last edited:

fensi88

Amit89, thanks for explanation, it seams logic to me.
I must say all depends of exact data of foundation.
For example our daily newspaper "Alo", up to date, publish these foundations dates:
Germany 1900,
France 1919,
Portugul 1914,
Czech Republic 1901,
Croatia 1992,
As you can see thay are different from yours.
I do not know which are correct but at the end we will see which dates works which not and know what to use in future.

fensi88

Oh, I see now why your data is not as mine data, you useed data for foundation of country, but my data are for foundation of national teams.

Amit89

fensi88 said:
Oh, I see now why your data is not as mine data, you useed data for foundation of country, but my data are for foundation of national teams.

Oh, is foundation of team more important then foundation of country?

fensi88

I was inpulse by your post, so I would try your method in combine with year elements for foundation years of teams to see at the end what works better.

2008 is chinese year Rat, yang earth

1.Portugal 1914 Tiger, yang wood
yang wood and yang earth are in conflict but Rat and
Tiger are in sextile /-,+
2.Czech 1901 Ox, yin metal
yang earth and yin metal are friend, ox and Rat are
neutral/+,.
3.Netherlands 1889, Ox, yin earth
yang earth and yin earth are friend, ox and Rat are
neutra/+,.
4.France 1919, sheep, yin earth
yang earth and yin earth are friend, Sheep and rat are in
inconjunction, so/ +,-
5.Croatia 1992, Monkey, yang water
yang earth and yang water are in conflict, but Monkey
and Rat are in trine, so/ -,+
6.Germany 1900, Rat, yang metal
yang earth and yang metal are friend, years are same,
Rat so/ +,+
7.Sweden 1904, Dragon, yang wood
yang earth and yang wood are in conflict but Dragon and
rat are in trine/ -,+
8.Turkey 1923, Pig, yin water
yang earth and yin water are in conflict, Pig and rat are
neutral / -,.
9.Romania 1909, Rooster, yin earth
yang earth and yin earth are friends but Rooster and rat
are in square/ +,-
10.Austria 1904, Dragon, yang wood
yang earth and yang wood are in conflict, but dragon
and Rat are in trine/ -,+
11.Russia 1912, Rat, yang water
yang earth and yang water are in conflict, but years are
same/ -,+
12.Switzerland 1895, Sheep yin wood
yang earth and yin wood are in conflict, and Sheep and
Rat are in inconjunction /-,-
13.Poland 1919, Sheep, yin earth
yang earth and yin earth are friend, but Sheep and Rat
are in inconjunction /+,-
14.Greece 1926, Tiger, yang fire
Yang earth and Yang fire are friend, Tiger and Rat are in
sextile/ +,+
15.Spain 1909, Rooster, yin earth
yang earth and yin earth are friend, but Rooster and rat
are insquare/ +,-
16. Italy 1898, Dog, yang earth
yang earth and yang earth are friends, dog and rat are in
sextile/ +,+

So, I think best chance to be winner has:
1.Germany
2.Greece
3.Italy

Amit89

Great post and good work Fensi88. let's hope it works and I wish evrey success for your predictions.

Last edited:

barty

I've started a thread in the mundane astrology section on this.

I think perhaps just looking for correspondences between chinese signs may not show the whole story.

I've been looking for links between the national charts of all the participating countries and a chart cast for the kickoff of the Final in Vienna on June 29th.

There are come interesting cross-aspects between the Final chart's Ascendant and Midheaven and the national chart of Sweden.

Trouble is, Sweden will probably have to beat France, Italy and Spain to get to Vienna on the 29th!

Amit89

My predicitions so far have not been so accurate!

I did not expect Holland to go through, while Italy and France are playing for second place and one of them are going home today, or maybe both!

Last edited:

Amit89

barty said:
I've started a thread in the mundane astrology section on this.

I think perhaps just looking for correspondences between chinese signs may not show the whole story.

I've been looking for links between the national charts of all the participating countries and a chart cast for the kickoff of the Final in Vienna on June 29th.

There are come interesting cross-aspects between the Final chart's Ascendant and Midheaven and the national chart of Sweden.

Trouble is, Sweden will probably have to beat France, Italy and Spain to get to Vienna on the 29th!

Intresting, can you expand a bit more astrologically on this?

fensi88

Amit89 it is not too bad Italy went to quarter-finals, we both list it as possible finalist, so we will see.

Last edited:

barty

Amit89 said:
Intresting, can you expand a bit more astrologically on this?

Its very much early stages for me with the whole mundane / sports astrology thing. I have to admit, my technique has not been as successful as I would have liked, but I am guessing this is probably because of my inexperience and lack of knowledge of mundane more than anything else.

I was simply looking for interesting cross-aspects between the national charts of the participating countries and charts set for the kick-off time and place of the matches they were involved in (specifically any planets in 5th house, Mars, ascendant, midheaven)

Mixed results, though.

fensi88

Amit89 neighter you, neighter I, had luck with chinese prediction! As I said by theory everything is clear, but very often reality is different!

Amit89

fensi88 said:
Amit89 neighter you, neighter I, had luck with chinese prediction! As I said by theory everything is clear, but very often reality is different!

I fully agree with the latter statement. Atleast we tried it. Maybe from now on we should do an event chart for each match and by kit method, as this produces more accurate results.