translation of light questions

kassandra

Hello everyone!
I just cast a relationship horary chart and I came across something that I am not so sure about, so I thought of asking for your enlightenment!
In this chart my significator is Mars and his significator is Venus. The question is whether we will manage to keep this relationship going. The two significators don’t aspect each other as you can see. Also, Mars is in none of the dignities of Venus and Venus is only in the detriment of Mars (I hope I got this right…). Also, the houses in which both planets are make a lot of sense to me according to what the situation is. And it all looks like there is no interest or common ground between us. So, just when I was about to think that the whole thing is over and there is no chance to keep this going, I realised that both Venus and Mars are applying with favourable aspects to Jupiter.
My first question is this: I know that in order to have a collection of light the third planet needs to be in both the other two planets’ essential dignities. This is the case, but Jupiter is in the detriment of both the planets. Does this still make the translation of light valid? And if yes, how could the role of this third party be interpreted? Jupiter rules 8th and 10th houses and this doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.
My second question is: the aspect between Jupiter and Mars will be perfected only after Mars changes sign. Is this considered valid then? I have read somewhere that this can be considered valid, but it would then mean that perfection will be achieved only after a change in the “state” of Mars. Is this true? The change of sign would also mean that Mars would then be in Libra, still in one of the dignities of Jupiter, so the translation would still be valid, right?
I hope I said everything clearly, although I am quite confused with all this…
Thanks!

Attachments

• will we manage.jpg
    will we manage.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 21

kassandra

oops! it's not so important re my questions but I just realised I meant to say Jupiter rules houses 2 and 4, not 8 and 10!

tikana

umm
HI

It is not translation of light
for TOL to happen you need a planet leaving from one lord an apply to the other. That TOL planet must be fastest planet between Mars and Venus

T

kassandra

Hello! And thanks for your response!
I'm sorry, I got confused! I meant to say Collection of light and not translation of light!
Two planets apply to a slower planet, is that right?

kassandra

I thought so too, but for some reason my astrology programme is saying that they are applying to each other (solar fire). I suppose it must be some kind of mistake then. Thanks.

kassandra

Yes, this is what the report is showing. So, I am more confused now... Do you think there is collection of light or not?

kassandra

No, sorry (it's late here...), you mean that Mars is applying to Venus after Mars changes signs? Do you think I should take this into account as an applying aspect?

tikana

Nope I dont... because Mars and Venus both have to be applying to Jupiter since it is the slowest planet.

T