New Muslim

Shiny,

it has been quick, but its been an intense discovery......
I wish i could explain better....maybe i will try further on down the track.
Everything is ok, and following the Quran can do no harm. In valuing myself, that is the reason I have decided to follow the Quran. I never have valued myself. Islam allows some dignity in what I do, so I have something to value ........
Thanks for your words though, I was wondering who would check out my chart..;)

Love to you shiny, and may god bless you and your little family.

I never checked your chart (I am too lazy for that :D ) I do remember people's placements now and again on the forum, like your Neptune in 11th square Jupiter in 2nd. I remember your Sun/Moon in Capricorn 12th. And that your an Aquarius rising. That is all I remember of your chart to be honest.

If this is what you want then I wish you and your little boy all the best. :)

lol...you make me laugh shiny...(cant belive how much detail you can remember in someone elses chart then :p :D)

thanks...it feels right hey.......

I wish you the best too

I know I am sad remembering people's charts, I only remember the ones I have looked at :D.

I have my own needs for belonging in groups, fitting in. I like being with like minded people but I always end up clashing with members which has made me question whether I should involve myself in the group. Both of us have had some attacks, been pulled through the mud on the forum for different reason's. I have my own issues believe me :rolleyes: . I hope you don't think I am being critical of you. You make your own choices in life. I am not judging you as I have no right to. I was just worried you were being influenced.

I do wish you the best. Look after yourself. :)

Shiny,

I just wanted to reply to your post.
I have been influenced all my life, in a society that allows me the freedom to do things that have only brought me pain. I have hidden from that pain, with intoxicants and cheap thrills, but it has never felt right for me. Its really silly of me to be a single mum, and to have got into the position that I have got myself into. I could just live with that all my life. But after reading the Quran, I have realized that I can submit to not knowing what I have been doing, and admit that I need guidance and knowledge of living in my life. I guess its a big thing to admit that you dont know what you are doing, and i guess thats was the hardest thing.....giving yourself to something other than yourself, seems to be a weak way of living in our society, but you know, I am finding it to be more empowering. Learning to be humble, is going to be a hard thing after living at the other extreme of arrogance and ego. But ith each prayer and in keeping conscious of the things i am doing in life....(the halaal and the haraam)....I am not feeling that what i am doing is weak at all. And it is taking more strength and courage than anything else I have ever done in my life. And You know, already i feel better. Every mundane chore i do around the house, feels great.....i go into the garden and sun, and i feel more connected....Its so astonishing that I have changed so dramatically in such a short amount of time... with this change making itself apparent to me in feeling in my daily life, makes it easy to not doubt that it is the truth for me.....
(its strange!)

I know alot of you all are concerned about people getting involved in religions, in general (not just me), and i have to say, i have been the same aswell. All i can say though, is that if you are wondering about it, then do go and have a look at the Quran. Thats what I did, and by golly!!!! I never looked at the Quran to embrace the religion, I first of all wanted to find where they said that you can beat your woman, and that men are the best and woman are rubbish, as I had been lead to believe and had been shown in the past..... and you know, it isnt there. There is one line in surah 4 , that can scare a woman, reading the Quran for the first time, but the Quran isnt one line, its a whole Book. And on continuing to delve into its pages, moree and more truth has come to me, and the significance of that one line has been given its proper place.....it is not something to be feared, and a true muslim knows that......The Quran is not a hateful book. There are many who call themselves muslims, who have made up there own rules.....I am not listening to them. this religion for me, is about each individuals connection with Allah...

anyway, im going to go again......i could rant about this all day, as it is pretty big in my life now, but i will spare you all :D!

Shiny, I hope that helps your worry somewhat....i know your hearts good, so i take heed and listen when you say your worried, but its good, cos your doubts have confirmed my faith to me a bit more......:)

I really wish you all happiness and fulfillment in your lives. Inshallah (God willing)
thanks for your time and discussions folks

Salam
kylie

Moulin

sounds like the "book" has eaten you for breakfast, lunch and tea! lol

btw, am l going crazy or was there a 'shiny' that you used to refer to a while back? :p

Undo

KayBug said:
You started this GOOD BYE thread YESTERDAY evening. So why aren't you gone yet or is just another one of your ploys for attention. This thread could go on for days just because you keep it going. Leave already.
Excuse me? Please do get off of that high horse.

Looking to Jupiter is saying her goodbyes as she no longer has time to do much Astrology with her newfound faith. She handled the situation exquisitely despite every post of yours attacking her. Everyone has the habit of saying Looking to Jupiter is the "bad guy" yet all I see in this thread, is you, and your actions.

Your actions simply prove that it's not her but you that are the one looking for attention. You're looking for her to bite the bait which she won't even look at. You just want an excuse to call her out, on something that isn't even there.

If you ever wonder why you're unhappy, look no further than your own mirror. Take a good look at yourself, because with actions like these, I don't think anyone would take a good look at you.

Now, Looking to Jupiter, I'm not a fan of organized religions, but if you are happy with your faith, then I wish you the best. :)

I'm sorry that KayBug is trying to dampen your spirits, but it seems like it's ineffective. To be honest, I'm quite surprised at all of this, especially the (noticeable) change in your posting in this thread.

If you're as happy as you seem, then continue to treat others accordingly and with respect. You don't want to end up like KayBug. :)

Godspeed (Allahspeed?;))

Last edited by a moderator:

Moulin

shame God can't do anything about your atrocious spelling!! :p
lmao

Looking to Jupiter said:
:) Thanks for your words Undo. Its truely amazing really that I am changing.
I opened myself up to God, and its working, what can I say. :)

Blessings to you.
Kylie

NeptuneAscendant

I personally do not agree with the views of Muslims. However, it is good you've found a religion you identify with. It's unfortunate you have little time for astrology. Goodbye.

Well folks......what the h*ll was I thinking? :D
I am a hippy,,,,,always have been always will be.....I think I have been seriously messed up recently......the Quran is really good, it says heaps, but why it is any better than any other ancient or traditional book.....? Like i said, i have been a bit messed up....God only knows what I was thinking.....

The vedas is as important as the Quran in my opinion...there are heaps of good books out there...alot that say the same stories too....why i would only hone in on one, is absurd and really bloody stupid....

as for God, he can also be known as the Universe, Higher self, the truth, whatever takes you fancy....I will always believe that......

Anyway, I may pop by again soon....so I thought I would mention that I do no longer call myself a muslim......(should never have done to begin with.....)

Ciao

archergirl

LTJ,

As someone with a natal 9th house Jupiter, I too have tried on different religions, but have trouble with the 'organized' part. Try reading Eckhart Tolle instead (I plug him a lot lately). If you're looking for God, you won't find him anywhere outside; God is INSIDE. The moment you stop actively 'seeking', you'll find that God is already there. It really is that simple. You don't need to label yourself with any sort of fixed belief.

AG:)

thanks archer.....I was given one of eckharts books a while ago, but didnt feel compelled to read him....might give it another go though.
I think the main thing about all of this with islam, has been the mental stimulation....I like knowledge and intellectual things....I really like using my brain...Islam promotes the use of your brain, not much else in the way of religion does. I will still read the Quran... I hope at some point this knowledge of the Quran can help me understand the world a little better....

There are other reasons too that have made me need to seperate myself from the label.......not that i want to go into it though.

Dunno, but perhaps someone can see whats been going on for me in my chart? I have a solar eclipse descending on my asc and natal merc in Jan, and although it hasnt happened yet, i wonder if it is affecting me a bit already......natal merc rules my 9th house.....I dont know, but its been an intense mth of mixed emotions....Im a bit sad that i have come out the other side of this, still a bit hard, but its self presevation I guess.....I wanted to be more humble and almost a bit more religious and god fearing, but I fear man more....

any particular book AG, by ekhart?
I have The power of Now.........

Neptune Rising

Jeez I'm fed up with reading insults being thrown at each other. Ok, so I shouldn't read them. What good does it do anyone? I didn't understand what Twiggy was getting at saying "This is the dumbest thread I have read in a long, long time. LAUGH OUT LOUD", where was this supposed to lead? So a like for like response was made by Jupiter. Am I barking up the wrong tree here? :rolleyes: Ok, I guess some people like arguing.

NR

Arian Maverick

I would be neglecting my duties if I allowed these insulting, non-astrological posts to continue, yet I do not want to edit out certain comments before giving each member an opportunity to do so themselves. I think twenty-four hours will be enough time due to various time zones we are located in--if the back-and-forth insults do not continue. If they do, I shall revoke this grace period and edit/delete certain comments that are neither astrological nor related to the topic of this thread.

Arian Maverick

Edit by Archergirl: Arian Maverick, I have taken the liberty of deleting the insults. They are not welcome here. Cheers, AG

Last edited by a moderator:

twiggy

Neptune

I've been away for awhile, but have caught up on some threads here and LTJ have been fairly consistent with her immature and inviegling comments. I don't like arguing and will not get involved in petty stuff like this, and will not respond to LTJ any further than this. Someone had to call her deceit - what a laugh! Judging also from PM's to me there's more people than me who think this member is getting a free rein in making a mockery out of the forum. I've had my say and that's it.

Cheers, N.