On the Earth (Signs)

katydid

When a thread is called "On Earth Signs" I thought people would like to talk about Earth signs from all possible angles, which in includes there bad traits. But if the general consensus is to only talk nicely about them, then have at it m8s.

I have said some negative things on this thread about various Earth traits. :wink:

Virgo energy , although helpful and supportive, can also be critical and judgmental, even while being there to help their friend out of a jam. :wink:

Taurus energy, although a strong stabilizing influence, it can also be stubborn, stingy and self absorbed. :pouty:

Capricorn power, being ambitious and capable, can also be intrusive and controlling, even while attempting to be helpful. :rightful:

Phoenix Venus

This love fest is nice and all, but has no one got anything to say about the negatives of Earth signs?

Well like i said they have that "dont believe it til i see it" mentality. Which just gets me to no end.

Also they are way too anal about cleanliness and keeping things proper.

So what if my toes got a little bit of ketchup on it? :devil:

katydid

Virgo is my least favorite Earth sign to live in close quarters with, I have to admit, unless the Virgo is more muted in their charts. It's likely because of the Pisces and not being an "opposites attract" type of person. Heaps of Gemini with no moderating influences gives me the, "Let me out of here!!!" itches also.

My mom is a Pisces and her lil sister is a double Virgo. One day I left my Gemini/Sag daughter alone with them while I went to do an errand. When I returned, my 12 yr old daughter was sitting out on the front porch, awaiting my arrival. LOL She could not wait to get out of there. :wink:

---funny thing was that it was one of the first times my daughter truly understood when I then explained it in terms of her mutable squares. I said they triggered her squares and she totally understood, for the first time, what that meant. lol

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Virgo is my least favorite Earth sign to live in close quarters with, I have to admit, unless the Virgo is more muted in their charts. It's likely because of the Pisces and not being an "opposites attract" type of person. Heaps of Gemini with no moderating influences gives me the, "Let me out of here!!!" itches also.

For all of their critical reputation, I haven't found Virgos or the Virgo influenced all that unbearable or undesirable which for someone with heavy Sagittarius you'd think I'd hate. It's only recently I've found a Virgo who I personally found grating af. She had a Virgo Moon/Mars conjunction square Gemini Mercury and Pisces Saturn and she was the type to call ******** if she personally couldn't make heads or tails of it. She wanted to partner with me in class because she liked my idea but after awhile I found her to annoying and demanding to work with. I told her I'd work on my own and quickly cut the chord.

Saggies don't like naggers

AppLeo

Does this apply to Virgo Moon as well?

sibylline

Oh yeah, Libra Sun with Virgo planets or Virgo Sun with Libra planets...you have one hair out of place and they are on it.

Good or bad? Depends on your perspective. And the day.

sibylline

My mom is a Pisces and her lil sister is a double Virgo. One day I left my Gemini/Sag daughter alone with them while I went to do an errand. When I returned, my 12 yr old daughter was sitting out on the front porch, awaiting my arrival. LOL She could not wait to get out of there. :wink:

---funny thing was that it was one of the first times my daughter truly understood when I then explained it in terms of her mutable squares. I said they triggered her squares and she totally understood, for the first time, what that meant. lol

Oh yes, the feeling of enmity is mutual between the Gemini-influenced and myself. If they have any Virgo...

Does this apply to Virgo Moon as well?

One of best friends is Virgo Moon, but her Moon is in the 12th. I think this is how we've made it through. :happy:

AppLeo

Oh yes, the feeling of enmity is mutual between the Gemini-influenced and myself. If they have any Virgo...

One of best friends is Virgo Moon, but her Moon is in the 12th. I think this is how we've made it through. :happy:

My moon is in a water house too!!! So looks like we'll make it too Sibyl.

katydid

Oh yeah, Libra Sun with Virgo planets or Virgo Sun with Libra planets...you have one hair out of place and they are on it.

Good or bad? Depends on your perspective. And the day.

My daughters close friend is a Libra, with Venus conjunct Jupiter in Virgo. [1991]

She is an amazing stylist. She dresses actors/singers for the red carpet and for music videos, etc. And she gives people amazing 'makeovers'---truly a genius at that kind of work. She is very talented and successful.

But her personal romantic relationships tend to implode. :pouty: She gets way over the top with her emotions/feelings and gets in too deep too quickly. Then gets disillusioned and disappointed and says something hyper critical she cannot take back...:annoyed:

sibylline

My moon is in a water house too!!! So looks like we'll make it too Sibyl.

Hmmm, possibly. You seem more like you'd be the quiet, self-critical Virgoan so not quite reflective of the type I'm mentioning here.

Anyway, good night folks. Interesting chat. I'll try to be online tomorrow night also for some more Earth talk.

craft94

I think the mindset behind that is that the material world is the obvious, perceived and experienced by every flesh and blood human. Thus no real value is placed on it. Of course this is a mistake, but I notice the Earth vs. other elements rift even among people who are not astro-aware, so I understand the thinking.
My difficulty with these kind of Earthy people isn't so much that they "bore" or uninterest me. It's more that we don't understand each other, and because they don't understand me, they judge me. They see my ideas as "crazy" "abnormal" etc because it isn't something they've seen before.
However, I am not here to judge them.
Without my Taurus Moon, I'd be a much different person. Perhaps, I'd be more flightly. Which a lot of no-earth air types are. I can't stand flightiness

Last edited:

graay ghost

My difficulty with these kind of Earthy people isn't so much that they "bore" or uninterest me. It's more that we don't understand each other, and because they don't understand me, they judge me. They see my ideas as "crazy" "abnormal" etc because it isn't something they've seen before.
Without my Taurus Moon, I'd be a much different person. Perhaps, I'd be more flightly. Which a lot of no-earth air types are. I can't stand flightiness

But see, I get this a lot too. I get that I'm both extremely grounded and extremely flighty at the same time, because I see things that they don't.

But there's a huge sacrifice. I see things that they don't and I don't see the things that they do. There's a huge disconnect between me and pretty much everyone. Even when I can walk the walk I can't talk the talk -- I have no head for jargon the way other people use it, for knowledge as a tool for socialization rather than a tool for practicality. I'm permanently stuck in my own little world and I'm permanently stuck making my own little words, and I just have to hope that other people will be able to understand it and usually they don't. And I feel stupid because of this, most of the times, even when they keep calling me smart.

sibylline

Yes, there are many Earth people in positions of power also.

You have a lot of fixed so maybe you would not be so flighty.