Venus in Gemini man

Hi...I know this will be based on the composite and aspects in his chart but I'm not there yet and wondering how much to take astrology at its word.

A guy I've recently started dating is a cancer sun cap moon (birth time Unknown) but he has a Venus in Gemini. His Mars is in Pisces tho, so that coupled with his cancer sun and earth moon should make him more trustworthy and less likely to cheat?

He wants to be in control and you would think someone like me with a Venus square Uranus would not like that but the traumatic childhood this aspect gives, has given me a need for security. He sees my rebellious side, and my Uranian tendencies and need for independence and harmless flirting, will find similarities with his need for variety, mental stimulation and (hopefully harmless) flirting Gemini Venus?

Or if trust is important to you, should you avoid Venus in Gemini men? My ex had it but he had almost zero self-awareness yet whereas this guy seems mature and understanding.

I can't post charts on my phone but incase our chart info is needed it is -
Me: 18/04/1987, 18:00 hours, dumfries Scotland
His: 30/06/1988, birth time Unknown, Salamanca, Spain

Last edited:

Claire19

Hi...I know this will be based on the composite and aspects in his chart but I'm not there yet and wondering how much to take astrology at its word.

A guy I've recently started dating is a cancer sun cap moon (birth time Unknown) but he has a Venus in Gemini. His Mars is in Pisces tho, so that coupled with his cancer sun and earth moon should make him more trustworthy and less likely to cheat?

He wants to be in control and you would think someone like me with a Venus square Uranus would not like that but the traumatic childhood this aspect gives, has given me a need for security. He sees my rebellious side, and my Uranian tendencies and need for independence and harmless flirting, will find similarities with his need for variety, mental stimulation and (hopefully harmless) flirting Gemini Venus?

Or if trust is important to you, should you avoid Venus in Gemini men? My ex had it but he had almost zero self-awareness yet whereas this guy seems mature and understanding.
Not having the rising sign and the house placements, all this is pure speculation. We dont know where the planets are so no one can even hazard a guess at how he will act. You can speculate all day but you just have to deal with the relationship as you see it.

Ok no problem. I have bitten the bullet and asked him to ask his parents for a birth time. Defo want insight on this as I'm feeling a great connection with him and want to trust him xx

AppLeo

I wouldn't avoid people based on a placement. Venus in Gemini people aren't always like going around screwing people and not taking relationships seriously. Some Gemini Venus people probably want someone smart or interesting in a relationship and they leave when it gets boring. Having your Venus-uranus thing is probably a good thing because it will keep the relationship interesting. But him having a Capricorn sun, venus moon, mars pisces doesn't really flow with his venus in gemini. He's probably more stable and reliable than most gemini venus people.

Thanks for your feedback. He definetely is coming across as stable and reliable. Il get the birth time soon because I want to dissect his chart!!xx

Capricorn2616

If you're judging based on this placement alone and want to hear about people's experiences, this is mine. I've dated a Venus in Gemini ... almost all of her personal planets are in Gemini so take that into account. She is extremely flirtacious and gives people the wrong impression all the time. She's also not completely forthcoming in her interactions with potential suitors and sees absolutely nothing wrong with that. Once I found out that she had told someone else she loved them, missed them, etc while still dating me. And she denied it even with written proof! I don't think that this sign means to be disingenuous, but they are the twins. It's easy for them to flip back and forth between personalities. Full disclaimer, I'm not telling you that's always the case or that it will happen to you. Like everyone else is saying, you have to take the whole chart into account.

So it sounds like your ex played a lot of love games. It's harmless fun until it crosses that thin line between harmless and devious behaviour!! I haven't seen that side to him, yet, but from what I've seen so far he is a flirt just like me. Whereas my moon in sag gives me a strong integrity and so wouldn't cheat, I wonder if his placements would do the same, as I get most people aren't as open-booked as me.

Thanks for your experience though. That's the Gemini Venus I know! His Mars is in Pisces though and I've read they are known to be submissive lovers, but from what he gave me insight on, he is the opposite.

Capricorn2616

I came from a similar background; my family life as a child was volatile, so I was looking for safety and security. Very difficult to get that grounded, safe feeling with Gemini. What are your placements as far as personal planets?

I have sun Aries, moon sag, libra rising, Venus in Pisces, Mars Gemini and Mercury Aries...think that's what you meant.

Sorry to hear of your volatile childhood. He seems genuine but my Venus square Uranus and romantic love nature...I can be fooled...I've asked him for his birth time and he said between 3-4am. Il try get a more accurate birth time (he doesn't believe in astrology so will gently nudge him for it.

sibylline

^Based on the time he's probably Taurus ASC (great :)). They can give off an air of stability and reliability. This will give a more fixed, steady orientation to his chart full of mutable and cardinal.

Did you notice his Venus is Rx? Venus Rx can be a mixed bag as far as the influence of society on their values and ideals of relationships. They will be unique; sometimes this is in a positive direction, sometimes not.

If you're judging based on this placement alone and want to hear about people's experiences, this is mine. I've dated a Venus in Gemini ...

Is this an '89 Gemini?

Awww he does sounds like a Taurus rising. He's not particularly tall or have that wide neck look, but he's always polite at the same time as letting you know where you stand with him and what he thinks. And he loves to dance. Taurus rising for sure!! Aww :) he's also been politely hinting he's a passionate lover at the same time as respecting that I want to be courted or date. He can find out about my mars sextile and Venus-Uranus as time goes on ha

Il look up Venus rx as I haven't read much about it yet, and il get his proper birth time for the future. Thanks for the input guys!x

Last edited:

Capricorn2616

^Based on the time he's probably Taurus ASC (great :)). They can give off an air of stability and reliability. This will give a more fixed, steady orientation to his chart full of mutable and cardinal.

Did you notice his Venus is Rx? Venus Rx can be a mixed bag as far as the influence of society on their values and ideals of relationships. They will be unique; sometimes this is in a positive direction, sometimes not.

Is this an '89 Gemini?

88 .. Taurus Sun, Gemini moon, Venus, and Mercury.

I got him to ask his mum btw, and they said 8pm and he must have got confused with the guess before which is probably his sisters birth time.
So that means he's not a Taurus ascendant :( :( I asked him if freedom was important to him and he said 'yes very' so that fits the Sagittarius ascendant that 8pm would give. Also, with my moon in Sagittarius, it makes sense because we share a similar humour and 'get on'

Is anybody up for doing synastry on the charts?? I just want to know if it's worth my time to invest emotionally in, and will he be genuine and faithful towards me? X

Last edited:

sibylline

I got him to ask his mum btw, and they said 8pm and he must have got confused with the guess before which is probably his sisters birth time.
So that means he's not a Taurus ascendant :( :( I asked him if freedom was important to him and he said 'yes very' so that fits the Sagittarius ascendant that 8pm would give. Also, with my moon in Sagittarius, it makes sense because we share a similar humour and 'get on'

8 PM sounds like a rounded time. Some parents can be way off in their estimates.

Most guys his age, if asked, will say freedom is important to them, so I wouldn't use that as an indicator. I suppose getting the official time from a birth certificate or baby book is out of the question. The ASC stays in Sag for an hour each way but the house positions of the planets change.

Is anybody up for doing synastry on the charts?? I just want to know if it's worth my time to invest emotionally in, and will he be genuine and faithful towards me? X

Don't base those sort of judgments on synastry.

Ok no problem thanks for replying. Il leave it for now because he would need to ask his parents in Spain to look for his birth certificate I can imagine. But I will definetely press to see this birth certificate in the near future.

Going to trust the dear ol judgement for now 😄 Xx

opiumchild

I've got Venus in Gemini, and have been with a Cancer Sun/Gemini Venus as well...

my experience with Venus in Gemini is that being "friendly" often gets confused and seen as "flirting" even though we might act exactly the same around both genders. We keep an open mind and are curious about all sorts of people which might make us seem fickle, even though its not necessarily the case. My Venus is a little different because I have it opposite a Saturn/Uranus conjunction so I can get either intensely devoted or completely non commital- and often both lol

My experience with a Cancer Sun and Gemini Venus (he had a Sag moon so he was a bit more scandalous) was that even though the Gemini Venus makes them sociable and flirty and funny, the Cancer side usually wins out and brings them back to the home base. He was loyal for the most part, denying most of his deep seated feelings for someone else.

Hey thanks for your experience! Yes I have to say, my worries were put to rest once I learnt a little more about him. He's only had 2 gfs before me, the first one being a juvenile relationship and the 2nd being a 5 year long distance one. So he's relatively naive and trustworthy in that area. He appreciates communication with his Mars in house 3, and my Mars Gemini is the same. Maybe the cancer sun and Capricorn moon has grounded him.

And there's nothing wrong with a bit of innocent Gemini flirting!!

I'm faithful, but I'm not falling in love with him, which for a Venus Pisces means he's defo not the one for me. Perhaps it's a slow burner as he treats me so well and makes me feel special...but his Pisces Mars...I need a bit more aggression from a man (libra rising, sun in 8th)...although it's empowering being the more experienced passionate lover for now, my eyes are already wondering...

RisingSag

I have sun Aries, moon sag, libra rising, Venus in Pisces, Mars Gemini and Mercury Aries...think that's what you meant.

Sorry to hear of your volatile childhood. He seems genuine but my Venus square Uranus and romantic love nature...I can be fooled...I've asked him for his birth time and he said between 3-4am. Il try get a more accurate birth time (he doesn't believe in astrology so will gently nudge him for it.

Wow you both have double whammy Venus and Mars in the same signs. Which may point to strong sexual attraction and wanting the same thigs in relationships. It does depend how close the degrees are of each conjunction.