Does he reciprocate her feelings?

shinrie

Not sure if I should post it here but I pulled this chart from a Horary study group (with Querent's permission of course) to see if you could kindly help me with some questions below.

Context: the Querent likes one of the guys at work and asks if the guy's interested in her romantically. She thought about asking him out but was too shy to do it. For most relationship questions, I take L7, but someone in the group suggested using L11, because the guy's just someone the Querent works with. No relationship's been established yet. I'm more inclined to use L7 though. I'm posting the chart down below. Which do you think is better?

The Querent is Mars, the planetary hour is Sun. If I go with L7, the quesited is Venus. Venus is in retrogression in Gemini and combust by the Sun :bandit:. Mars and Venus will form a square, and Mars is in Pisces. Does this mean Venus receives Mars by exaltation or vice versa? I read that retrogression and combustion weaken the significator, so is it safe to say the guy may be interested in the Querent but he won't act on it or do anything about it?
Moon is the Querent's co-sig, and she doesn't make any aspect with either Venus or Mars. Uranus is in the 7th house, very close to DC. Is this considered a prominent position to look at, meaning something unexpected will happen?
Looking forward to hearing your input on this.

On a side note, as for the question, my two cents is no, the guy doesn't return her feelings (given the square and combustion) and nothing's likely to happen between them (no Moon aspects) and if a guy's truly into you, he will do something about it and not keep you guessing.

https://ibb.co/DbTt3rc

Last edited:

kalinka

It's clearly seen why she is into him. Moon and Mars"love" Venus. But Mars and Sun as his co-ruler only receive Mars by face. Moon is not received. He has no romantic feelings or serious interests for her.

ElenaJ

I agree in using the 7th, as representing another person, an unknown person. It doesn't have to be a partner to be placed in the 7th. If we use the 11th it would mean they are friends but it doesn't sound as though they are, and she certainly doesn't want to just be friends.
Uranus on the 7th cusp gives us the idea that this is someone who wants their freedom, not a commitment. Uranus rules the 4th of end of the matter.
Moon as the question, in libra, is looking for a partner. It approaches a square with Jupiter in its fall and retrograde. Moon is in Jupiter's house. Jupiter is co-ruler of the 5th of love affairs, so she is hoping for love, but the square will not deliver it.
In fact, her significator mars is in the 5th, that is what she wants.
He on the other hand is Venus in her 8th, he isn't interested in love, just a sexual romp. Venus retrograde and in flirty gemini, approaching the conjunction with sun, he would just be looking for an ego boost.
When Venus squares mars, there is some reception, Venus is in the natural house of scorpio (ruled by mars) and mars is in the sign of Venus' exaltation. It may be that they do land up having a quick flirt, but because they are looking for different things, there is nothing of substance for a real relationship.
With Saturn sitting by the cusp of the 4th of endings, it would be a cold ending between them.
With Chiron on the cusp of the 6th of the work place, she should be careful that the contact with him doesn't damage her standing at work.

Ouranos

In fact, there is a Frustration.
Before Venus R meets Mars, the Sun interferes.

Lilly described this with a proverb: "The Dogs quarrel, a third gets the Bone." Or, two of the primary significators are moving towards a conjunction, but before it perfects, another planet interposes itself between them,

Cheers!
Ouranos

kalinka

In fact, there is a Frustration.
Before Venus R meets Mars, the Sun interferes.

Lilly described this with a proverb: "The Dogs quarrel, a third gets the Bone." Or, two of the primary significators are moving towards a conjunction, but before it perfects, another planet interposes itself between them,

Cheers!
Ouranos

the square between mars and venus will happen before the conjunction.about 17 hours earlier.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Your reading skills are pretty good - he has no interest in her romantically. She on the other hand receives him in exaltation, but that doesn't help, unfortunately. She is strong in triplicity and will move on easily.

shinrie

Thank you all for your kind input. I just realized that the Moon is in the Via Combusta - the fiery way. I guess the Querent was quite emotional when asking this question, sadly the chart is kinda doomed. Either that or the moon just points to the scorching hot weather we've been having over here.