Aspects of Fame and Popularity

RockFish

Tons of people have angular planets and are not famous. Angular planets are very common and not necessarily translate in fame.

The idea that I tried to convey in my post was: certain positions are good for prominence in certain fields. If you want to be an actor and have a powerful Jupiter, you will have that planet working to your advantage in that field. A strong or angular Jupiter won't be as helpful to prominence if you are interested in working with computer science, to which a strong Saturn is better suited.................

Wanting to find an aspect that indicates general fame is pointless, because fame is not general, it is specific according to what one works with.

So, the right investigation would be, "which aspects generate fame to an actor", "which aspects generate fame to a singer", and so forth.

It's kinda hard to be famous if you don't even know what you intend to do to get there.:rolleyes:

daken

I was wondering, and I realized that almost sure fame have a connection with artistic and communication stuff.

It is fame, just result of the work of the musicians, actors, humorists and etc? Or there is a astrological aspect that explain the fame?.

mr.hyde

This is an easy one i think,first one is jupiter in the first house ( can be an indication of fame/popularity) second most important sign of popularity has to be gemini on the cusp of the eleventh witch indicates communication with a lot of different people . But the number one reason for this (fame) has to be the sun in the eleventh house ( this is an REALLY good position for the sun ) and the sun is also in 11th / gemini 3rd decan (aquarius /uranus) this give the sun in 11th more strenght , cause its kind of in its own house:eek::eek:

hiimnotcool

while i think that 11th house sun would indicate having alot of friends and everything, wouldn't the Sun in the 5th (its natural house) be more of an indication of having the creativity, and ability to be famous/act? Also Jupiter in the 10th.

HeyPlayGirl

yeah the one girl with moon in aquarius that i know is CRAZY popular! and even though i don't know or like her very much it's good to know because my son has that too =)

(i'm new btw..hi everyone)

while i think that 11th house sun would indicate having alot of friends and everything, wouldn't the Sun in the 5th (its natural house) be more of an indication of having the creativity, and ability to be famous/act? Also Jupiter in the 10th.

I'd think so too, but I seem to be wrong.
Johnny Depp, Gemini sun, 11th house.
Angelina Jolie, Gemini sun 11th house.

Both have strong suns though...Leo ascendants.

lalalaheidi87

transiting neptune conjunct personal planets throws the person into the spotlight right exactly the conjunction. this is (i believe) the hugest type of fame where the public can not get enough of the person.

Last edited:

freedomlover

mr.hyde said:
The Sun in 11th house is an very /very beneficial position , i know its supposed to be an determent place for the Sun ( because of the Aquarius / Leo polarity ), the problem with Sun in the 5th house is too much Ego / the problem with Uranus in 11th house is thats it is not really involved with anything( there is too much distance) between Ura/11th and his causes,goals,ideas,people.So in my view Sun in 11th house is exalted And Uranus in 5th house is exalted too,the too planets uranus and sun balance each other greatly;);)

Excellent theory, Mr. Hyde! It makes good sense to me. I'll remember that. I'm not taking away from traditional rulerships, however. But it does balance things out in my mind. Polarities are so often overlooked - they are a great source of understanding.

I think the reason Sun is said to be in detriment in Aquarius/11th house, is because it involves true humility - a willingness to be help for the sake of helping - and not to be seen as the center of attention. That's a hard one for most people to arrive at. They can have false humility due to low self-worth, where they don't want to be seen. But True Humility is a very tough spiritual lesson.

FL

byjove

Account Closed
archergirl said:
And Lo! It was thus that the chart was moved to Greenhorns' Lounge.

Strong 10th house significators or aspects to the 10th house would be your best bet. With the focus in your chart on the 11th house, I suspect that being famous will become less important to you as you grow older, and being a 'good human being' will become more important. That is the lesson of an 11th house Sun: to help your fellow humans.;)

AG:)

I've Aries Sun in the 10th with strong positve aspects, 10th Aries Jupiter conjunct North Node and Mercury in Pisces in the 10th conjunct MC. No fame yet, but I am extremely ambitous, so I'll keep you posted lol. Otherwise, I'd have gone with positve and strong Jupiter and Venus especially in in the 10th, that would encourage popularity I think, and good aspects with these to the AC and MC. Also, I've come to witness the power of strong earthy Mars and 10th in general can contribute to material success. Different kinds of success or public visibility and different aspects to indicate then.

Oren

I have sun in taurus in 5th, venus in taurus in 5th, libra MC, part of fortune in leo, moon conjunct MC...
I'd LIKE to be famous...but I'm definitely not right now :lol:

interesting though what I read about moon conjunct MC, if anybody else has this:
Moon conjunct Midheaven
On some level, [even subconsciously] you are likely to crave some form of recognition for your achievements in the world. You are also likely to be very sensitive about your role in public, and may seek a sense of security from your chosen profession. This placement can suggest that you choose a profession in which you look after others, a caring role perhaps. Your mother may have had a strong influence on your life direction. Whatever profession you care to select, you may discover that catering to the needs of females, or promoting products and services more concerned with female interests would have a better chance of success than those more male oriented. There may also be a fair amount of fluctuations experienced in your work or your career. With the Moon as the most elevated planet in your chart you are endowed with an innate skill in terms of having the ability to appeal to the public, possessing the capacity to sway the minds of the public. Should you ever feel the desire to stand for the local community, local council, public speaking or politics, you might surprise yourself at just how effective your words can be on others. Knowing this might just tip the scales in overcoming any fearfulness encountered when asked to speak in front of an audience, bringing your hidden talents into focus and enabling you to maximise your hidden potential.

Attachments

• astro-my chart.gif
    astro-my chart.gif
    50.7 KB · Views: 32

queenfluff

Well, look at Michael Jacksons chart - is anyone more famous than MJ?

He has Sun in the 11th (Virgo - which explains why he was such a perfectionist with what he did - if you saw "This is It" you would understand that - I was impressed).

Moon in Pisces & the astrotheme page on him says that:

Michael JACKSON, the predominance of planets in the Southern hemisphere prompts you to take action, to draw attention on yourself, and to make your actions and what you have in mind visible to everyone. The Eastern part, on the Ascendant side, shows the person's ego, will, magnetism, and vitality.

http://www.astrotheme.com/portraits/vJ3pEYk9DzLU.htm

This describes him too:

http://www.librarising.com/astrology/celebs/michaeljackson.html

Ooo, I have Jupiter in Libra too! :devil:

Hey, I also have Sun conjunct Pluto in Virgo like him - why am I not famous? :sad: (maybe I missed my calling. hehe - no, I think the Scorpio Rising messed it up for me and scared all the producers away! LOL!).

EDIT: Wait, I know why - my Sun is in my 10th House not my 11th. I just missed it. dam! :pinched:

Last edited:

scorpittarian

mc in scorpio.
pluto in scorpio in the 10th.
sag merc/venus/nnode conjunct in the 10th.
pluto out of sign conj merc.

pluto also conj's nnode by 6 deg. is tht too much?

no fame yet :pouty: but i'm still too young :wink:. i have several more years b4 i start working as a ??????......i aspire to do something related to media n communication. if successful, i think i'll b quite famous smday...if not, thn hmmm.....chuck it...there r better things...:cool:

sun in sag in the 11th.
jupiter in scorpio in the 9th.

i haven't attained worldy fame but i'm well known locally(sometimes it's notoriety :sad:)....:biggrin:...

Claire19

What are the aspects in a chart that define fame and popularity?

Various planets but in the 10th or you dont have any kind of fame or public recognition. Popularity belongs often to the 5th house and to Venus. First house for general persona and image. The 11th is group associations such as university, college, school groups or clubs.
and can show your popularity in a larger sense.

This link is not working. Go to Astrodienst and get a chart downloaded. No asteroids or aspect lines I would suggest.

:happy:

byjove

Account Closed
I have seen that Cancerian and I'm eager to know myself! I've met a couple of individuals with that...

(Sits down and patiently waits for a teacher to arrive...)
:smile:

Oren

Various planets but in the 10th or you dont have any kind of fame or public recognition. Popularity belongs often to the 5th house and to Venus. First house for general persona and image. The 11th is group associations such as university, college, school groups or clubs.
and can show your popularity in a larger sense.

This link is not working. Go to Astrodienst and get a chart downloaded. No asteroids or aspect lines I would suggest.

:happy:

I have libra MC, but no planets in my 10th I don't think...does this mean no fame or public recognition? since I have sun and venus in house 5, does this mean I'll only be popular to friends and colleagues?

Attachments

• astro-my chart.gif
    astro-my chart.gif
    50.7 KB · Views: 36