The Power of Solar and Lunar Eclipses in Predicting Marriage

astro11

Solar and lunar eclipses are always active in predicting when a person will get married. They will highlight certain areas in the natal chart the year or two years prior to as well as the actual year of marriage. The 2-3 eclipses after marriage can also activate the same areas. The pertinent areas include factors related to the 7th house, because that house represents marriage.

​Solar and lunar eclipses falling on the 1st-7th house axis as well as eclipses making tight aspects to the planets ruling the 7th house, placed in the 7th house, being the dispositor of the 7th house, or planets in the 7th house can also signal marriage. Keep in mind that the transits, secondary progressions and solar return must also show the same theme. For the six examples below, I will just describe the triggering eclipses of the marriage, and the full list of eclipses can be found at http://www.cafeastrology.com/eclipsessolarlunar.html

Barack Obama got married to Michelle Robinson on October 3rd 1992:

On June 15th 1992 there was a lunar eclipse at 24 degrees Sagittarius. Looking at his natal chart, we see that 24d Sag makes a square to Mars at 22d Virgo.
On January 4th 1992 there was a solar eclipse at 13d Capricorn, making a sesquiquadrate to Uranus at 25d Leo in the 7th house and a quincunx to 7th house ruler and dispositor Sun at 12 degrees Leo.
On June 30th 1992, the solar eclipse at 8d Cancer made a sextile to Pluto at 6 degrees Virgo in the 7th house and a semisquare to Uranus at 25d Leo in the 7th house.
On Dec 21st 1991 there was a lunar eclipse at 29d Gem making a sextile to the North Node and Uranus in the 7th house and a square to Mars in the 7th house.
On Jan 30th 1991 there was a lunar eclipse at 9d Leo which made a conjunction to 7th house ruler and dispositor Sun at 12d Leo, a semisquare to Mars in the 7th house, and a semisextile to Pluto at 6d Virgo in the 7th house.
Shortly after the marriage on December 9th 1992, there was a lunar eclipse at 18 degrees Gemini making an exact sextile to the natal descendant at 18 degrees Leo and a square to Mars in the 7th house. The closest solar eclipse after the marriage was on December 23rd 1992 at 2 degrees Capricorn which made an exact quincunx to Mercury, the dispositor of Mars and Pluto in Virgo in the 7th house.

Read more at http://www.astronumerologywisdom.co...lar-and-lunar-eclipses-in-predicting-marriage

Attachments

• SFPagebarackwedding.jpg
    SFPagebarackwedding.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 26

comdoc

According to this, 2017 could be the year! My natal Saturn (coruler of 7H) 15Leo46.

Penumbral LUNAR Eclipse 2017 February 10 19:32:49 22 Leo 28
Annular SOLAR Eclipse 2017 February 26 9:58:19 8 Pisces 12

Partial LUNAR Eclipse 2017 August 7 14:10:33 15 Aquarius 25
Total SOLAR Eclipse 2017 August 21 14:30:06 28 Leo 53

Both 2017 Lunar Eclipses are within 7 degree orb of my 7H co-ruler. :)

astro11

Normally you need about 6 or more eclipses that make relatively tight aspects to 7th house indicators which are less than 5 degrees in the year prior to and year of marriage, all though there is an allowance for slightly bigger orbs for a few aspects.

Also transits are a very big predictor of marriage, you have to have tight transits activating the 7th house indicators at the same time. If you have only transits or only eclipses it is unlikely to happen.

Since I do Vedic astrology as well, I also check the dasha system for running planets connected to the 7th house, and Jupiter and/or Saturn aspect in the 7th house.

comdoc

"Normally you need about 6 or more eclipses that make relatively tight aspects to 7th house indicators which are less than 5 degrees in the year prior to and year of marriage, all though there is an allowance for slightly bigger orbs for a few aspects."

ASC 23Leo19, Saturn co-ruler 7H: 15Leo46

Penumbral LUNAR Eclipse 2016 August 18 5:26:31 25 Aquarius 52

Penumbral LUNAR Eclipse 2017 February 10 19:32:49 22 Leo 28

Partial LUNAR Eclipse 2017 August 7 14:10:33 15 Aquarius 25
Total SOLAR Eclipse 2017 August 21 14:30:06 28 Leo 53

Total LUNAR Eclipse 2018 January 31 8:26:39 11 Leo 37

Partial SOLAR Eclipse 2018 August 11 5:57:38 18 Leo 42

Are those eclipses enough? :biggrin:

"Also transits are a very big predictor of marriage, you have to have tight transits activating the 7th house indicators at the same time. If you have only transits or only eclipses it is unlikely to happen."

Natal co-ruler of 7H is Uranus 23Gemini00.

2017 transits from Saturn over last 1/3 of Sagittarius, and Rahu over middle of Aquarius (Saturn co-ruler of 7H).

Since I do Vedic astrology as well, I also check the dasha system for running planets connected to the 7th house, and Jupiter and/or Saturn aspect in the 7th house.[/QUOTE]

astro11

If your ascendant is 23 Leo, that means your descendant is 23 Aqu therefore your 7th house ruler is Uranus, not Saturn. I know some astrologers only use traditional rulers but in my experience the modern ruler is more effective for predicting things like this. But that's not to say Saturn doesn't play a role at all. If a sign is intercepted in a house I consider the planet that rules the sign to be a co-ruler and the eclipses and transits would have to make contact with it as well. Also the eclipses must be triggering the 7th house dispositor, that is the ruler of the sign that Uranus is in.

You need more outer planets to be transiting the descendant, 7th house ruler and 7th house dispositor than just Saturn and rahu. And these must be relatively tight aspects. Look for the same outer planet to be contacting at least 2/3 of those 7th house indicators.

It takes me quite a while to really sit with a chart to figure out whether marriage may occur in a given year because there are other advanced techniques. These are just some basic techniques to look at but that's just a start, it won't give a completely accurate picture.

comdoc

Thanks for your opinions. However, these factors do not fit my personal marriage experiences in the past. And my experiences with traditional rulers. What you've presented is too narrow in focus, and does not take the whole picture into account. But thanks for presenting your views. :whistling:

If your ascendant is 23 Leo, that means your descendant is 23 Aqu therefore your 7th house ruler is Uranus, not Saturn. I know some astrologers only use traditional rulers but in my experience the modern ruler is more effective for predicting things like this. But that's not to say Saturn doesn't play a role at all. If a sign is intercepted in a house I consider the planet that rules the sign to be a co-ruler and the eclipses and transits would have to make contact with it as well. Also the eclipses must be triggering the 7th house dispositor, that is the ruler of the sign that Uranus is in.

You need more outer planets to be transiting the descendant, 7th house ruler and 7th house dispositor than just Saturn and rahu. And these must be relatively tight aspects. Look for the same outer planet to be contacting at least 2/3 of those 7th house indicators.

It takes me quite a while to really sit with a chart to figure out whether marriage may occur in a given year because there are other advanced techniques. These are just some basic techniques to look at but that's just a start, it won't give a completely accurate picture.

astro11

For you, Saturn is your 7th house ruler in Vedic astrology, thus you may have found Saturn quite active at the time of your previous marriages.

The data I presented is a snippet from a study involving over 500 celebrity and client files at the time of marriage, involving transits and eclipses. So it may not be reflective of a single person as there are always exceptions. But in aggregate my conclusions are based from real life data so it's definitely not narrow, and it does take into account the whole picture.

comdoc

Actually I found Aries Sun activated more than any other single factor, in my previous marriage experiences. By "narrow" I meant piecemeal, not taking into account the whole holistic higher perspective. Of course solar and lunar eclipses play a part--just as Sun Sign and Moon Sign astrology plays a part. And tight orbs do not necessarily provide the complete synastry overlay nor composite relationship picture. Again, I thank you for presenting one perspective and your conclusions on marriage prediction.

For you, Saturn is your 7th house ruler in Vedic astrology, thus you may have found Saturn quite active at the time of your previous marriages.

The data I presented is a snippet from a study involving over 500 celebrity and client files at the time of marriage, involving transits and eclipses. So it may not be reflective of a single person as there are always exceptions. But in aggregate my conclusions are based from real life data so it's definitely not narrow, and it does take into account the whole picture.