Healing The Chiron Wound in the 4th

Matahari

Hello,

In my quest for self understanding I am in search of advise on dealing with Natal Chiron in the 4th.

I have had considerable loss around my home, my whole life.My childhood home burned down, I lost my home in NYC due to the bombing of the world trade towers. I have recently been evicted because I fell on hard times. I found a new place,yet face eviction again. I long to own my own house, but at this point I can barely pay rent.

So I'm trying to heal this obvious painful wound that keeps coming up.

I have just noticed that I have my progressed moon conjuncting my natal Chiron in the 4th.

I checked back to every time the progressed moon conjuncted Chiron.

The first time being at 2 1/2 years old when my sister was born, and I remembering being heart broken as my mother started ignoring me.

The second time I caught my partner cheating on me and it destroyed the relationship.

So now I'm on the 3rd prog Moon conj Chiron....

I'm not in a relationship and I live in a place that I may have to move, even though I just moved in.

All I can think about is having my own home that's secure and being in a secure relationship.

How do I heal this wound? What do I do?

Ive done tons of therapy...i feel if I can get this one.. I can soar in my life and career.

Thank you in advance for any input!

Attachments

• Progression for 9_2017.jpg
    Progression for 9_2017.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 146

R4VEN

I have done quite a lot of research into Chiron, and use it extensively in any readings I do for others. The best way to approach Chiron is to do what you have to do - which is what you appear to have always done. You have quite a powerful trine between Chiron and your Neptune/Asc/Mercury (I feel that Mars is a little wide in orb) and this gives you a lot of unconscious insight into how to approach your Chiron issues. Given it is in the 4th house, the wounding probably goes deeply into your own heredity, especially on your mother's side, and you may be here in part to deal with it once and for all. Thus, you may be dealing with it quite adequately without knowing it.

This does not necessarily mean you will `heal' or `fix' your Chiron wounds, but you will eventually have to learn to live with it, and hopefully pass on to people you meet - i.e. anyone who asks you about it - what you have learned from the experience, perhaps even assisting someone else with similar difficulties

. The 4th house is not only about home and housing, but it is about "where is my home .... really?" Is it a house/flat/apartment with an address, or is it something deep inside me which has me feeling secure wherever I am? It may also be about something - some secret, or shameful event - which has come to you from deep within your heredity. This is likely to be something you know nothing about, but are having to face it in your own life. My question to you would be - Do you know of anyone within your line of hereditary line who had problems with housing - such as eviction, or losing their home due to not being able to pay the mortgage? What I'm wondering - given you were born in NYC - is did anyone (like a grandparent or great-grand-parent) - lose property in the Wall Street crash in 1929? (This just a random thought, rather than a definite insight.) Chiron wounding is often something someone in our heredity has already experienced, which was dramatic and life-changing, and which we have to clear on their behalf from the family tree.

Matahari

Hmmmm very interesting R4aven. Very insightful.

The only situation I am aware of in my mothers side of the family,is my grandmother was kicked out of her home when my grandfather met another woman and divorced her.I believe it destroyed her. She was living in a rooming hotel in Cincinnati after. She had a very painful sad life. She then met a very wealthy lovely man in her late 50's.They got Married. He adored her and was really a great guy. She then had a brain Aneurysm a month later and died. She was my favorite family member and I had a special relationship with her.

Strange thing is my mother is now selling that house she grew up in and my grandmother got thrown out of. I don't know if this is the bleed through energetic?

I'm trying to think of this and see if I can connect the dots. My grandmother's sad life and subsequent brief moment of happiness has for sure resonated with me and I have often wondered if life really is a series of sad events with a couple of brief moments of happiness, that gets taken away.

Ok so I am aware of what I carry in my lineage. How do I stop the dark train wreck? I know you say I cant fix it....I'm looking at it. Is that enough?

I have done some very deep past life regression therapy. In that process I did learn that my home is where ever I am. But this constant jolting and drama is really not good. I work at home. When I loose my home I loose the ability to work...and loose money. It becomes a circle of destruction, that I need to stop.
Since Neptune has been transiting the forth I keep dreaming of my own house. Near where I live now. My Neptune/Mars/merc gives me this ability to dream things into reality.

Perhaps in "learning to live with it" I will release it into manifestation?

There are events on my fathers side that I don't know too much about and have know one to ask as they are all dead. But my fathers father was somewhat wealthy at some point and did loose everything and they had to downsize. This was in the early 50's. But my father went on to paying his way through college by working at dept stores at 16.(skipped high school as he was a genius) He became super successful and wealthy.He used to tell me he was afraid he would end like his father, poor and destitute after having everything. He ended up spending all his money,by mismanagement. Ended up homeless and died of a heart attack shortly after at 70.Poor and destitute like his father.

Now, it feels like I'm caught in this web. How can I heal others with my experience if I don't get on the other side of it?

It feels like a pack of dogs are chasing me down a dark street, and written on their collars is Eviction and Loss. I would love to get rid of them and stop running,and heal others.
I do have a healing effect on people.I just need to find away to have grounded security to operate from.

Thank you for your input...its very intriguing...and has just opened a bit further, that window into my unconscious,thus bringing it forward.

R4VEN

The last line in your post says a lot, and summarises how this works.

The experiences of your maternal grandmother - especially as you were very close to her - and on top of that your father, sounds to me like they both embodied what you have been repeating in your own life.

The first step in healing this wound is to accept that this has happened in your family before, and that now that you are aware of the pattern, you have no need to keep repeating it. The timing of this is significant, given transiting Neptune is now transiting your 4th house. Neptune opens doors into all dimensions, as well as lowering mood and energy, but the insights it brings can be very valuable.
You are also experiencing a Neptune trine to your natal Neptune, This is a time to expand in the non-material realm, so you can expect some insights into `why' this has happened, and how best to work with it. Your strong connection to your grandmother is significant, I think. She may no longer be alive, but she is still with you in some way. When you do accept this, and see it for what it is, then the material difficulties you are facing will not be so stressful. I generally find that when the pattern is seen and accepted, then it dissolves, so that you again begin to experience a sense of control over your own destiny.

Matahari

R4aven... thank you for shedding light and helping to bring awareness,that allows me to connect the dots. I find the key to all this is hope,a powerful doorway to change.To let go of the idea,that my families drama and loss WILL be mine too.It WON"T.

Since I have the south node conjunct Chiron and the Part of Fortune, and I have always had a hard time understanding how this works. I have had astrologer's tell me that this is really a difficult placement.Though never could say why.

I trend to look at all placements as of value and can be used to evolve to a more whole human life and experience.

I am able to connect and communicate with my ancestors who have passed. I have often wondered if that South Node and POF conjunct Chiron are the keys to moving forward. The gifts of my past released and brought forward towards the North Node in the 10th.

I'm some what confused by this conjunct and how best to use it to move forward? Is the POF my pot of gold? Is my past wound a pot of gold?

R4VEN

I'm some what confused by this conjunct and how best to use it to move forward? Is the POF my pot of gold? Is my past wound a pot of gold?

Given Chiron has probably been been quite significant in your life since your Chiron Return in 2011 - early 2012, I would say that you have identified the problem/wounding, and have focused upon it. Some realisations you have had since creating this thread have set you on the path to working with Chiron, rather than feeling continually floored by it.

I'll not comment on the Part of Fortune, as there are so many differing interpretations of it, and I have found that I can understand a chart well enough without taking it into account. However, there may be someone out there who can shed some light.
In relation to Chiron being conjunct the Moon's South Node, South African astrologer, Melanie Reinhart, wrote a definitive (and extremely useful) book on Chiron called "Chiron and the Healing Journey". I can recommend it should you wish to purchase it for yourself. I refer to my copy often, and have already read it around 3 times. She has a lot to say about natal Chiron conjunct either node. (One of my son's has Chiron closely conj Moon's South Node in Taurus in the 6th house, and this has described such struggle - with his health, his financial situation, his ability to `fit in' to society. It's effects are encyclopaedic in how they have limited his life and his options, chielfy through health.)
Here are some bits & pieces from Melanie Reinhart's chapter on Chiron in aspect to the Moon's nodes:
"...the issues represented at the South Node are already familiar and usually manifest themselves without undue effort. There we find out karmic inheritance, whether we think of this as family patterns or past lives or both ......."
And she goes on to say: " ...We often need to let go of whatever the South Node represents" (in your case, the suffering around loss of one's home)
She talks a lot about the myths which Chiron represents - eg, teacher, wise person, healer, mentor, saviour, victim, sufferer, wounded one, wounder ....... and there are a few more, but that's enough for a start - and it's up to you to choose how you approach your Chiron wounding. Are you powerless victim, or teacher of others, or saviour of someone else in similar circumstances. These roles can be adopted quite consciously, and once you've chosen how you will approach this, then I suspect you will find that things change for you. One thing people with this placement seem to need is someone to guide them - such as a therapist, or wise and trusted person in their lives. Whilst your grandmother is no longer alive, I think she may be your own personal guide/teacher.

I hope this helps. I find it almost impossible to give people a step by step guide to working with Chiron, as each person's task is unique, and so there is no `one size fits all'. [In my own Chiron journey, I chose - at the age of 40 or so - that I really needed wisdom above all else, and that decision has had a very profound effect on my life, as well as being life-changing. During the time I was going through my own Chiron return around 50-51, I had people born the same year as me ringing me, asking me `what's going on?', and so I was able to help them, just by giving them some information on what to expect at the return of Chiron in Scorpio. As I helped others, I was also able to help myself.]

I found the following site on POF. You might find it interesting, although any astrology blogs which associate `fortune' with money always fill me with suspicion, as money can be as much curse as it is fortunate.
http://astrologystudy.blogspot.com.au/2011/02/part-of-fortune-in-advance-astrology.html

I wish you well in your journey of self-understanding and optimisation.

Matahari

Thank you so much R4ven,your input is invaluable!

So much to ponder here and I will re-read this and process deeply.

Yes..my Chiron return was a doozy...and things have been off since.

I know Melanie Reinhart's work. I have Barbara Hand Clow's book on Chiron. I think I need to re-read it.I forgot I even had it.

"...We often need to let go of whatever the South Node represents" (in your case, the suffering around loss of one's home)"

So simple ... and so true..I cant believe I've never thought of this...nor have any of my "Advisors" well versed in astrology,ever have mentioned this!

Its like I can see this whole network of the effects of not letting go of the suffering around loosing my home.

I'm so sorry that your son suffers. My sister suffers with similar conditions. Chronic health issues, which makes it very hard for her to fit into the world.Not sure where her Chiron is?

So much to ponder and let go of...much gratitude R4ven!

blackbery

Matahari,
How sad all the drama and turmoil in your domestic environment. I'm just wondering if your mother is still alive? Raven's comments are amazing. Such insight into Chiron.
You could write a book about your family history; it's fascinating.

The name Chiron conferred an association with wisdom. The Chiron of mythology, the centaur, was a sapient, a repository of knowledge and a teacher of kings.

Chiron is very prominent in my chart so I understand your fears, anxieties and sadness in not having a lovely home of your own. But you must not feed into this fear dear Matahari. It's like it's an ancestral theme.

Find a solution because there is one. Use that wonderful Neptune aspect Raven spoke about to manifest your dream home NOW!

Take away your fear of being poor. You live in a world of lack. Replace it with abundance. Have you ever read The Game of Life and How to Play It by Florence Scovel Shinn? You can read it online for free.
One should always follow a denial with an affirmation.

BB

astronerd

I found this article the other day that talks about chiron and how to heal it. It was pretty accurate for me!

"Chiron in Cancer / 4th House: I’m abandoned

Difficulties regarding intimacy and nurturance. Childhood may have been wounding either if it was real or just felt as such. There is also a possibility to make the mother’s wound yours. Difficulties in nurturing and supporting others as there is a difficulty to do it for oneself. High needs for emotional security and comfort. Very high sensitivity, moodiness, emotional insecurity, deep unidentified fears, feelings of being rejected and abandoned often.

Negative thoughts: I’m too vulnerable, no one likes me, no one cares for me.
Healing: Spend energy in building an inner emotional security, building a healthy and positive self-image, develop what’s unique about oneself as opposed to identify as part of a family/group, practice openness."

Matahari

@Astronerd

Thank you for sharing that.Yes Abandonment is a biggie.

UPDATE:

In the last year since I posted this thread, I have been evicted twice and I am now facing homelessness.

Its a very dark time and my Chiron wound is open and painful. The need for a secure home to operate from is more important then ever. Yet I feel as though it is slipping through my fingers.

Osamenor

Staff member
Mata, do you live in an area where housing is tight and expensive and evictions are frequent?

Chiron isn't just about you personally. It's also about the collective, and your own piece of the collective wound. If eviction and homelessness happen to lots of people in your area... this isn't merely a personal problem. It's a collective problem. Being one of the people touched by it gives you an opportunity to be one of the people working to change it.

Is there any sort of community organizing in your area, around eviction or homelessness? Fourth house is also about the immediate community.

Matahari

Yes ... I live in Los Angeles. There is a huge homeless crisis here. Mind you Im successful and working and I still can't afford rent!

I feel deeply pulled to do something about it... but to do something when homeless is tough... other than make an example of myself.

Osamenor

Staff member
I feel deeply pulled to do something about it... but to do something when homeless is tough... other than make an example of myself.

A friend of mine was caught in a similar crisis, and she became an anti-eviction activist, helping others figure out ways around eviction. I don't know where her Chiron is, house-wise, though.

If you currently are homeless, the first thing is getting yourself into a safe space. Do you know who/where the activists are in your area, dealing with eviction and homelessness? Anyone you could reach out to?

My sense is that Chiron can be worked with by reaching out to the greater whole--that is, others who deal with a similar wound.

Chiron can also be about ancestral patterns. Fourth house emphasizes that. So is the south node. That homelessness, or fear of homelessness, has been an issue for several generations in your family, shows this is indeed an ancestral pattern.

I find it interesting that you also have your Part of Fortune conjunct Chiron. That would suggest you really need to engage Chiron in order to interact with the material world. North node in the tenth suggests high visibility: in the context of a south to north node journey, we could be looking at making what was a secret shame or ancestral pattern (Chiron, south node) visible in the greater community.

Incidentally, I also have Part of Fortune conjunct Chiron in the fourth. While I lived a nomadic lifestyle for quite some time, frequent eviction isn't part of the story. I have decided to be an herbalist, though, which is also a fourth house/Chiron indicator.

sentR89day

I have this in the 4th house too.
To me, I heal by learning how to love others a bit deeper than the average person. That doesn't mean that I accept abusive behavior. But I listen to the person, and see what I can do to comfort them. But if I see a person not willing to change their negative behavior (s) I will have to end the relationship.

I also listen to people's emotional hurts more. I also have learned to nurture my own apartment, make it more cozy!