Astrology of a Mid-life Crisis

archergirl

I have spoken to my 'contact' in the music biz, and he was not only incredibly supportive and encouraging, but gave me some brilliant advice on 'how to do it', step by step. Ahhh! It's not what you know, it's who you know! I'll see where this takes me. I may even have a band soon!

AG:)

lalalaheidi87 said:
isnt "uranus opposite uranus" the midlife crisis aspect? in the way of "i want change now!" also neptune and jupiter, your most elevated planets are in aquarius, your first house right now, probably begging to make use of them. as far as current transits mars is approaching uranus, which could highlight the whole uranus/uranus opp.

That's prob right!
Restless Uranus needs change.

I have Uranus conjunct Venus and my first Midlife crise was when i was 9...
I belive in Saturn to. Need to get "better" all the time.:)

/JJ;)

R4VEN

archergirl, I agree with much of what has already been posted here, but I felt the needs to add my 2c worth.................

I also have Neptune conj MC - but my Neptune is in the 9th - and have had moments of longing for the `singing career I almost had', but baulked at when I truly had the chance (sometime deep in the 60's, I think it was). Neptune conj MC can make one quite dreamy/unrealistic about the details. It's the idea, the feeling, the imagined emotion of the dream which can drag you in, but the reality is frequently something else again.

No-one seems to have picked up that you also have transiting Pluto squaring your natal Chiron - placed in Aries in the 2nd, which can make you a bit hard on yourself, perhaps dissatisfied with a job well done.
Pluto's square to Chiron is likely to get under that skin of `what if?' - to lead you to re-working some ideas which were left unfinished - and the square of tr Uranus to your Sag sun adds that boost of 'oh, what the heck - why not?'

According to Martin Lass, this is a major transit of Chiron, and forces you to dig deep into your wounds in search of new solutions to old issues. In your case, the issue appears to be one related to your worth, and how you have always measured it. If you don't pursue the singing career, or if you pursue it, and you get nowhere, what will be your own assessment of that? You may need to look for a different perspective of yourself through your sense of what it is you believe you have to do/be in order to live your life well.

Last edited:

archergirl

According to Martin Lass, this is a major transit of Chiron, and forces you to dig deep into your wounds in search of new solutions to old issues. In your case, the issue appears to be one related to your worth, and how you have always measured it. If you don't pursue the singing career, or if you pursue it, and you get nowhere, what will be your own assessment of that? You may need to look for a different perspective of yourself through your sense of what it is you believe you have to do/be in order to live your life well.

Hi R4VEN,

Actually, this is spot-on. I have been working through this issue of value with my therapist recently. The choice to pursue singing is a reflection of me actually finding more worth in myself; before now, I wouldn't have dared do it, especially in public, but I'm old enough now to not really care too much; I'm not doing it for 'success' (as in playing Wembley Stadium, although I wouldn't complain!:p ). I'm simply doing it because I've always wanted to do it but didn't have the guts, which is, of course, about not feeling I have 'value' enough to be able to do it. You're right about the 'Ah, what the heck' aspect as well. To borrow a phrase from Hillel, "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If I am not for others, then who am I? And if not now, when?"

It's an interesting process, this. In some ways, the process IS the final outcome, whether I make a successful singer or not. You are 100% right that I am hard on myself; singing, in some ways, is about me learning to be more gentle, and 'allowing' myself to be creative and trusting that I AM creative. It sounds a bit backwards, as one would imagine that I would be driven to perfection in this matter, but the fact that the band is coming together at all, leaves me feeling very pleased and satisfied.

As to Neptune on the MC, well...there's a fine line between inspiration and delusion, isn't there? Hopefully I'm keeping myself just enough on the inspiration side to have at least one toe on the ground! :D

R4VEN

archergirl said:
It's an interesting process, this. In some ways, the process IS the final outcome, whether I make a successful singer or not.
Glad to hear that. The process is what it is all about.
In Western culture we are so hung up on outcomes, and if/when we reach our goals, we then think: "Now what?"

archergirl said:
As to Neptune on the MC, well...there's a fine line between inspiration and delusion, isn't there?
Absolutely - and the key is in being able to tell the difference!!

archergirl said:
Hopefully I'm keeping myself just enough on the inspiration side to have at least one toe on the ground! :D
One toe is all that is needed. (Even a toe-nail would do...)

franklin taylor

Hello Archergirl,
Have you had these musical "urges" for the last few years? Neptune is transiting your ascendant and first house as it is mine. My ascendant is 8 degrees Aquarius and I have had the same rebirth of interest in playing music literally ..picking up a guitar a few years back again after years of relatively no interest in my shelved instrument....LOL not looking for a band though. Neptune is the planet of that glamour your talking about, symbolizing that uncertainty your wrestling with, and with your Leo rule 7th house you have a need for drama, warmth, recognition, and dignity in your personal relationships to begin with. Needless to add the Uranus opposing Uranus of midlife crisis to the mix..This is a time you need frank and honest opinions from others who know you personally. Believe me, LOL I have Neptune on the midheaven too.. we need that good thought out advice sometimes more than some others may. Transiting Neptune is squaring your natal Neptune and is now in retrograde so these urges are likely to continue awhile so be on guard.
Take care and good luck
Franklin

archergirl

Hi Franklin,

I was a bit worried that I was being too much the dreamy-eyed idealist, but I have had nothing but hugely positive support from everyone I've told about this; friends, co-workers, friends-of-friends, etc. ...In fact, I've been quite humbled by this show of unconditional support, as I was expecting more, "Hmm, are you SURE you want to do this?"-type comments. I'm getting some voice coaching to get rid of the bad habits I've acquired over the years, and the teacher is the sort to tell me if I was blowing smoke up my own a**e as far as singing ability goes.:D

I've already formed a band; we've already started practising and are now looking for a 2nd guitarist, so, thus far it's looking pretty rosy! It's amazing what one can manifest with a little vision and a lot of inspiration. I made a wish two New Moons ago to get so big that we can play Wembley Stadium; so if we even get as far as a few gigs in a local pub I'll be over the moon.

My ASC is 9 Aquarius, so as in your chart Neptune has been in my 1st for what seems like a VERY long time. Back in 2001 I actually bought a lovely guitar, but never played it.:rolleyes: This whole idea for a band goes back to my teenage years, but the actual Big Idea only happened in mid-April, kind of like a flash of 'why not?' inspiration when I was re-listening to a lot of music from the early 90s that I hadn't heard in awhile. So I'm aiming for the positive expressions of Neptune, and keeping a watchful eye on the less-desirable side-effects.

starlink

Oh man, AG, that is really F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C.:w00t: !! Congratulations! We must have overlooked something in that chart of yours. Have you looked at your Solar Return for this year b.t.w? Does it show something like a nice Venus conjunct the MC? Anyways, very pleased for you and well done!

Admiringly,

Starlink:smile:

katydid

One of the main ways that bands are getting followers these days is from Youtube and Myspace Music pages. Maybe once your band gets going, you can make a site where people can see and hear the music. You can add 'friends' and that will garner more friends and it grows exponentially from there. You can also use it to get gigs, as most of the people who book the bands want to see something online that shows you have a following. And it would work very well for your Aquarian Ascendant as well.

archergirl

Funnily, the band has sort of imploded; the bassist is having scheduling problems. :andy: This doesn't worry me, particularly, as one sort of has to expect people to be flaky. A minor bump in the road.

Starlink, I had a look at my SR chart for my last birthday. Libra ascendant, but absolutely EVERYTHING is sitting in the 3rd and 4th houses...except for Uranus in the 5th house opposing the Moon and Saturn in the 11th! Uranus is at a sort of mid-point between Saturn and the Moon as they are not conjunct.

Oh, brother.:innocent:

franklin taylor

ArcherGirl... I have 4 guitars..one electric and and three acoustic..they can be addictive to collect..not much different than some collect cars LOL...Oh..no I'm now wondering what the aspect for Guitar addiction is LOL Imagining Neptune with a head set on and Jammin on LOL
Take care
Franklin