A Question about Twins...

bradderz777

When twins are born, they have the same birth time as eachother..but what makes their lifes completely different to eachother? :S

think about it, they cannot be born at 'exactly' the same time that's impossible. So if the time difference is 1minute 3minutes, 5minutes later that's enough for the Ascendent sign to change and any one of 10planets to move from one house to another and the moon (the quickest moving) could well change from one sign to anogther.

Hi bradderz,

I think this is a great question!

I'll share with you first what I do regarding charts- I look at decans and dwads, as well as super dwads. They are mini subsections in each sign, and change within short degrees of each other, and can alter quite a bit of the sign's expression.

Someone here shared with me this- that you reverse the chart of one twin, meaning you switch the ASC to the DSC, and read that chart. Typically one twin totally identifies with this mirror chart...

mod.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Generally the time it takes for the second twin to be born is substantial enough to move house cusps around and changed fixed star patterns. I can think of one set of famous twins as an example of this. They led somewhat similar lives, but the details are pretty amazing.

wilsontc

Staff member
a hot question, to bradderz

bradderz,

You said:
When twins are born, they have the same birth time as eachother..but what makes their lifes completely different to eachother? :S

This is one of the most hotly debated subjects in astrology and every astrologer seems to have a slightly different "take" on it. To add to this discussion, I will mention the astrological theory that each twin owns part of the chart. So, for example, where one twin will identify with Saturn energy, the other twin might identify more with Mars energy. This also accounts for why when one twin dies the remaining twin sometimes feels they lost part of themselves...since they lost the twin that was using the other half of their chart. However, when twins separate and live separate lives, then each twin all of their chart.

Twinning,

Tim

DiDi

I have to dissagree with the statement that twins are usually born in a different ascendant... where have you guys been lol:tongue:

A lot of twins are born in the same asc also! same plannets same houses!

I have looked at a few twins myself and funny all the twins i know of did have same asc and plannets in the same houses.. just my luck as i was trying to tell someone why they would be different...

so i got to thinking like what wilsontc said.. it makes sense.

Claire19

Yes they cannot be born at the same moment as each other. THere has to be some minutes between them. Sometimes the rising sign can even be different. THey have their own souls and levels of evolvement and are a sum of their previous incarnations. So although there will be similarities their lives have to have some differences. THey can also be fraternal or not and not even look alike or be different genders.

This is a fascinating subject which I have researched to some extent.

Claire19

think about it, they cannot be born at 'exactly' the same time that's impossible. So if the time difference is 1minute 3minutes, 5minutes later that's enough for the Ascendent sign to change and any one of 10planets to move from one house to another and the moon (the quickest moving) could well change from one sign to anogther.
THis is so true and I have seen it. One twin has a different experience in the womb and is born with health problems that the other one doesnt have.

Claire19

I have to dissagree with the statement that twins are usually born in a different ascendant... where have you guys been lol:tongue:

A lot of twins are born in the same asc also! same plannets same houses!

I have looked at a few twins myself and funny all the twins i know of did have same asc and plannets in the same houses.. just my luck as i was trying to tell someone why they would be different...

so i got to thinking like what wilsontc said.. it makes sense.
We didnt say they always have a different ascendant you will find.
After all there is a two hour window with that and they will have a different degree of rising sign for instance and that can make a big difference.

astro09

I think that when the ascendant is the same, the decans and dwads will be significant to establish differences.

In some cases, the asc may be the same one but other times it may result in different asc and different houses with planest in....I have seen different asc, moon sign and, of course, houses placements...

Twins have that special connections between themselves, I believe it should become stronger the closer everything else is between the charts...

astro09

I think that when the ascendant is the same, the decans and dwads will be significant in establishing differences.

In some cases, the asc may be the same one but other times it may result in different asc and different houses with planest in....I have seen different asc, moon signs and, of course, houses placements...

Twins have that special connections between themselves, I believe it should become stronger the closer everything else is between the charts...????

bradderz777

Yes I think it's just pretty much a hit and miss...if both their charts are exactly the same, their houses and planets etc can effect them both similar to eachother.

sher

My twin and I are born 1 minute apart. I'm the younger twin. We are both creative but we use different parts of our charts. We both grew up designing clothes, writing children books, creating recipes and dance moves! As we got older I gravitated towards fashion design and she gravitated towards media, film and scriptwriting. According to astro.com the only difference between our charts is that I have neptune on the cusp of my 1st house, she has neptune on the cusp of her 2nd. We both have degrees in photography, though I think I love photography more than she does.

I was born at 8:59pm and she, 8:58pm.

R4VEN

Re: a hot question, to bradderz

This is one of the most hotly debated subjects in astrology and every astrologer seems to have a slightly different "take" on it. To add to this discussion, I will mention the astrological theory that each twin owns part of the chart. So, for example, where one twin will identify with Saturn energy, the other twin might identify more with Mars energy. This also accounts for why when one twin dies the remaining twin sometimes feels they lost part of themselves...since they lost the twin that was using the other half of their chart. However, when twins separate and live separate lives, then each twin all of their chart.

Twinning,

Tim
I have to agree with Tim here (since using dwads - whilst a really good way to go - fries my brain just to think about it!!)

Around a year ago I did written readings for a set (pair, couple, duo, brace) of non-idential twins, one a man and the other a woman. Their charts were very, very close, same Asc, and same degree Asc, all planets in the same houses, etc. They had a t-square between Sun, Moon, Uranus, and I was conscious as I got into it that this was where they somehow chose to take different pathways in their lives. The man over-expressed the Uranus, while his sister had concentrated her energies on the Cap Sun. They had lived such different lives, and with such different interests that it was sometimes a struggle to work out how this difference had arisen. But their separate life choices were clear evidence of this.

Bracing,

R :alien:

sher

So would you be willing to post your birth details ?(with your sisters permission)

My information:
Twin#2
April 21, 1980
Cincinnati, Ohio
8:58pm
Standard time
USA

Twin#1
Birth time: 8:58pm

My sister, Twin#1 inherited money from her mentor at the age of 15 or 16.

I didn't inherit money.

I'm taller by 1/2 inch.

She loves unusual music (Bjork, Emilie Simon)

I prefer R&B but can sometimes listen to the music she listens to.

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Sher:
I have to ask. You say you and your twin were born exactly one minute apart. I assume this was a Caesarian delivery?
According to astro.com the only difference between our charts is that I have neptune on the cusp of my 1st house, she has neptune on the cusp of her 2nd.

This is technically not possible.
I drew up the charts and I see Neptune on h2 cusp in both charts.

This is an interesting topic and I although I had not heard about the theory you put up here, Tim, it makes sense logically.
Sher the common interests you describe yourself and your twin sharing are all under the same major aspects with an emphasis on h5 in both charts.
If truly only born a minute apart you will still be individuals who have differing personal tastes and this will occur more noticeably when/if you are living separately, receiving influences from different people.
I have a set of twins in my life, one of whom suicided at an early age.The other is still alive many years later. They made different choices and became different people as their lives and charts progressed.I agree with what you have observed too Caprising.That makes sense to me.
I think people assume for astrology to be valid, we would see twins leading identical lives, but in reality it can't happen, because our experiences with other people shape us and impact our decisions. No two people can see/experience exactly the same thing because they are looking at the world through two different sets of eyes, so to speak and their perspectives cannot be identical.We are a mixture of *nature and Nurture*.So even though your charts will be similar, the fine print of your lives will be different, but still fall under the rulerships of the same planets if the house cusps are the same.Eg You both might like boys, or Aquarian boys or whatever, but it won't be the same boy.(hopefully!)
Cheers
Lilly

Ebenia

I think it this way;

Astrological chart shows us what kind of emotional and cognitive attitudes we have for different aspects in life - it also tells us about the environment that we are born in, which clearly does lead the way we think about things in general. With twins, obviously, this environment is very much the same, because they are born the same time. This is the thing that people sometimes do not understand with differences with siblings - it is essential which time the person borns to a situation, because the environment could be the same, but the situation different at a different time and this can be seen in the chart. When twins are born, they born in to the same situation, which shows as (almost) the same chart.

The thing is that we all have free will. We can develop the specific sides of ourselves (or as I would say, attitudes toward these sides) as we like. For instance, I could have chosen a different way of living my life; I am a higly ambitious Capricorn and in some cases, I could have chosen a road of underachieving because I would be so scared to fail in my ambitions, but I have chosen to be brave in my life and about my ambitions. The ambitious side of me is there in both cases, but my own view point and way of handeling these energies would be different.

Interesting thing about twins is that some twins seem to become and want to be more alike each other and other twins seem to want to be as different as possible. I think that this can be seen in the chart also - the want of being different or the want of connecting with people maybe in spite of maybe losing a little of ourselves to the connection. This can be seen in both of the twins charts and it shows which way the twins choose to take.

The chart does never show the development that we have or what we will go through, cause after all, all development is a CHOICE. It's our job to figure out what we want to do with it. The chart just shows the "facts".

Last edited:

Claire19

My twin and I are born 1 minute apart. I'm the younger twin. We are both creative but we use different parts of our charts. We both grew up designing clothes, writing children books, creating recipes and dance moves! As we got older I gravitated towards fashion design and she gravitated towards media, film and scriptwriting. According to astro.com the only difference between our charts is that I have neptune on the cusp of my 1st house, she has neptune on the cusp of her 2nd. We both have degrees in photography, though I think I love photography more than she does.

I was born at 8:59pm and she, 8:58pm.
This is totally fascinating. May I have a copy of your charts, anonymised if you prefer. Astrodienst does them for free.
I am so into twins..... you may send them to seahorse19@hotmail.com if you prefer. Just put twins in the heading. It will be great for my researches.
Thank you.:smile: